2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Brooks v Bryson in a 12 hole match in Vegas 11/26

jdl

10 minutes ago, Forged4life said:

I think complete opposite. BDC is insufferable and brooks is the only one not publicly kissing his ash. That IS cool. 

Not my point at all.  I don't think Brooks should kiss BDC's a**.  

I think he should act like he truly doesn't care about the whole thing, which he is not pulling off right now.  

• Like 1

Tsi3 10* Tensel 1k White 70x
Tsi2 16.5* Tour AD TP 8X;

Apex UW 19* Aldila Green 8x

818h2 21* Atmos Blue 8x

Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4 iron

2019 T100 Tour issue 5-9 s400

SM9 46F, SM6 54s and 60s s400

Kenny Gianinni G2 Chubby

53 minutes ago, Judge Smails said:

I've never been a BDC fan, let's get that out of the way.  

But throughout this whole feud, and watching Brooks today, he's way more d-bag than chill.  If he were actually chill he would let his game yesterday and general upper hand in this feud being the "cooler" of the two guys speak for itself.  Beat BDC, be chill and classy doing it, and then go party in Vegas.  Period.

The conceded putt (on 7, I think - the one where BDC missed his birdie and ultimately had a longer comebacker) was an example of what I am getting at here.  Not giving a s*** and suggesting "good-good" after BDC ended up with the longer putt was the right move and a nice little flex by him when already up 3 with 5 to play.  But then the words he chooses in the quick interview that followed made him sounds like a d-bag... It's like Brooks is one notch below having the necessary maturity to really come out on top on this one.  I say, act "as-if" Brooks and if you really want to win the feud, play it a little cooler. Everyone knows he hates BDC, but it would be way cooler if he could control himself enough to not look so helplessly annoyed all the time. 

Ya, BD is nuts but he often at least brings an enthusiastic vibe.

BK like some girl who constantly annoyed like

Game Of Thrones Ugh GIF

• Like 4

Watched the first drives of hole one, and got bored immediately. Koepka is so boring to watch.  Maybe he is not in real life, but the too cool to emote vibe is boring.  BDC imo is more himself, he can be annoying, talk talk talk, but if I had to pick a team mate, bdc all day long over BK.  And BDC over BK just to watch compete.  He has grown on me quite a bit.  

• Like 2

Driver: Wilson Whale

3 wd: Nickent 4DX

5 wd: Adams Faldo Series

7 wd: Warrior Tomahawk

9 wd:  Mastergrip OSC

11 wd: Goldwin 11

Irons 7-pw: Slotline Inertial E-Max

SW: Alien Shot Saver   LW: Hummingbird Air X 70 degree

Putter: Tour Edge T-Balance

Ball: Chromax Titanium

2 minutes ago, dab36 said:

Watched the first drives of hole one, and got bored immediately. Koepka is so boring to watch.  Maybe he is not in real life, but the too cool to emote vibe is boring.  BDC imo is more himself, he can be annoying, talk talk talk, but if I had to pick a team mate, bdc all day long over BK.  And BDC over BK just to watch compete.  He has grown on me quite a bit.  

didnt watch but bk gave an interview not long ago where he said if he was playing with his chums he'd give and take plenty of smack talk.

Apparemtly hasnt got the sense to realise that that was the point of this match, and if you aren't going to bother there was no sense playing. No one is going to be queuing up to pay him next time

1 hour ago, Judge Smails said:

Not my point at all.  I don't think Brooks should kiss BDC's a**.  

I think he should act like he truly doesn't care about the whole thing, which he is not pulling off right now.  

But he does care. He wanted to beat his butt and he did. Your point makes no sense 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, milesgiles said:

didnt watch but bk gave an interview not long ago where he said if he was playing with his chums he'd give and take plenty of smack talk.

Apparemtly hasnt got the sense to realise that that was the point of this match, and if you aren't going to bother there was no sense playing. No one is going to be queuing up to pay him next time

Maybe he is just a serious introvert, makes me appreciate the old dogs that sort of entertained along the way, a la, Lee Trevino.  But in writing this, I also can remember being mesmerized by other more introverted players that oozed seriousness in competition like VJ and Tiger and even Langer for that matter....with BK, just don't get entertainment vibe or seriousness vibe, but could partly be just me....

Driver: Wilson Whale

3 wd: Nickent 4DX

5 wd: Adams Faldo Series

7 wd: Warrior Tomahawk

9 wd:  Mastergrip OSC

11 wd: Goldwin 11

Irons 7-pw: Slotline Inertial E-Max

SW: Alien Shot Saver   LW: Hummingbird Air X 70 degree

Putter: Tour Edge T-Balance

Ball: Chromax Titanium

3 minutes ago, milesgiles said:

BK can try to talk smack to BD

But BD holding that ace in the hole like

“See ya” ; )

1 minute ago, dab36 said:

Maybe he is just a serious introvert, makes me appreciate the old dogs that sort of entertained along the way, a la, Lee Trevino.  But in writing this, I also can remember being mesmerized by other more introverted players that oozed seriousness in competition like VJ and Tiger and even Langer for that matter....with BK, just don't get entertainment vibe or seriousness vibe, but could partly be just me....

coming down the stretch in a major, ice cold killers like Faldo, Woods sure..

but this is silly season. No one cares about your smart faded 6 iron to 15 feet below the hole . 

6 hours ago, iBanesto said:

Agreed.

Some people read too much into a win such as Phil's at the PGA.

Another one IMO is DeChambeau's dominant win at the US Open, where some people believed that he has changed the game and near 200 mile ball speed is required because he will dominant every course he plays now. Even McIlory fell into that trap and lost his game.

But if you look at his results after this win although it has been consistent and solid, DeChambeau is not 'dominating' game with his distance.

Again, IMO it was just a week where everything worked for him.

Bryson Dechambeau Golf GIF by Rocket Mortgage

You mean like Bryson’s self assessment that ANGC is a par 67 for him during Masters play?

All I can say is long can be wrong.  

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

32 minutes ago, cardoustie said:

Bryson desperately wanting to hit extra shots in the LD so he could show everyone how long he is was a sad joke

Dude - we all know you are long, you got deep in the world LD

I said it before on here, and got a little heat, BD seems to care more about driver / big drives / ball speed vs. golf scoring overall .. or maybe he overly likes the driver part of the game since this is where he excels

Also him chirping about hitting 8 iron on the last shootout hole .. what’s the loft on his 8 iron?  30* ??  He’s like a high school golf nerd at times

Say what you want about Brooks, the guy has 4 majors and is so good in pressure situations in the big ones

Agreed. Deshampoo wants EVERYONE to know how smart he thinks is and how far he hits an 8 iron. Like a child. 

Edited by Forged4life
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, 5 O'Clock Charlie said:

Yea that length worked really well for him being 4 down after 8. 

Yeah but nobody cares.

As BD said to BK (who has dropped to #16 owgr)

“Where is this on the PGA Tour man? “

Every time BD flys drives 40 yards by BK is BK “I’m an athlete” humiliation 

I actually like BK, dope golfer, hope he can turn things around. I think off the course he lightens up a bit. But he takes his on course “nothing phases me”  routine too far. I understand it’s a good coping mechanism for keeping cool but even TW shows he gets pumped up out there. 

22 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Yeah but nobody cares.

As BD said to BK (who has dropped to #16 owgr)

“Where is this on the PGA Tour man? “

Every time BD flys drives 40 yards by BK is BK “I’m an athlete” humiliation 

I actually like BK, dope golfer, hope he can turn things around. I think off the course he lightens up a bit. But he takes his on course “nothing phases me”  routine too far. I understand it’s a good coping mechanism for keeping cool but even TW shows he gets pumped up out there. 

I don't think Brooks' "nothing phases me" attitude is some sort of act. Perhaps, Brooks' ability to keep his emotions in check and keeping cool is why he does so well in majors. Over past few years (since 2017), Brooks has been the best player in the majors for sure. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tacklingdummy said:

I don't think Brooks' "nothing phases me" attitude is some sort of act. Perhaps, Brooks' ability to keep his emotions in check and keeping cool is why he does so well in majors. Over past few years (since 2017), Brooks has been the best player in the majors for sure. 

Ya, not an “act”, as I said, a coping mechanism and it works for him. 

But he takes it too far and now he got like

RBF (see urban dictionary )

Resting Brooks Face 🤣

Bryson can be a nut but he kick it back a little

7 minutes ago, tacklingdummy said:

Agreed.  There are athletes who can go to a state of total focus.  Koepka has that ability.  Ben Hogan had it.  Jack Nicklaus had it.  Tiger Woods has it.  

• Like 4

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

Zzzzzzzzz....

I forgot it was on, watched it, wish I didn't.

It was as phony and forced as their stupid feud.

The golf was garbage, the banter was uncomfortable, commentary tried too hard to make this something that it was not.

Phil needs to have the microphone taken away, tried so hard to sound like Bisons buddy. The nerdy brain science talk was just silly too...

The second most boring person on the planet is Brooks' brother. The shots with Brooks fiance were also cringeworthy..

It was just so forced and painful. Getting anything out of Brooks is like pulling teeth, Amanda's spots were worse than usual...

How many times did Bison say he "hadn't played in 2 months, not making excuses though"??

Thank God it was 12 holes..

• Like 2

Bryson was only concerned about his ball speed the whole match and hitting it all over the planet. Probably why he didn’t win a single hole. I think when he hit 205 ballspeed on camera he looked satisfied on the match, lol. Someone needs to tell him to play golf IMO, should join the long drive circuit if that is his concern.

Edited by Redjeep83
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, RobotDoctor said:

The need for higher ball speed isn't golf.  It's more like Top Golf.  Golf is a game of strategy, good shot making based on the course design and conditions.  I'll take golf shot making over bomb and gouge any day that ends with a "Y".  Those who think hitting 400 yard drives and a 9 iron or wedge out of rough is both fun and exciting are definitely watching another game than what I am used to.  I'd much rather see a player hitting a very clutch shot on the final hole of a US Open that's not a wedge and pulling it off to win the US Open any time.  

This shot was more exciting than watching BDC hitting inaccurate 400 yard drives and gouging a wedge to 30 feet.  

Something, something, get off my lawn.... yawn.

So, when "hitting bombs" becomes the norm due to increase athletic ability; should they just not swing to their full potential to fit what you want to see? The great thing about golf is it takes an all around game, you cant just bomb and gouge your way to victory. You still need to be able to chipp and putt. The reason Bryson gets so much attention, as do bombs, is because its all new to this game. Hitting it 400+ yards is Happy Gilmore-esque.

Mostly PING clubs, with TaylorMade woods.

Some stray thoughts / observations:

1.  BD giving out cupcakes at the beginning was..... awkword.  Lame joke that didn't land.

2.  BD lost because of putting.  Perhaps it was because he had to listen to Charles Barkley miss-pronounce words and butcher the English language in his left ear.  I have to wonder if Barkley is even literate. I did learn that he always drinks ack-o-hall when he golfs.  

3.  BK came off as kind of a jerk and boring to watch.  

4.  The whole long-drive challenge was a pre-programed way for BD to 'save-face'.

5.  I enjoyed Phil's commentary for the most part-  any golf broadcaster would cream their jeans to hire him for so many reasons.

6.  I previously stated that a 12 hole match was stupid.  I was wrong.  In this case, it was just enough.

7.  Even though he didn't play very well, I enjoyed watching BD far more than BK.  

8.  I kept wondering if the whole event was done for the accountants.  Everyone was donating to charity 'In the player's name".  Maybe the event should have been sponsored by the IRS.

• Like 2

On 11/25/2021 at 5:08 PM, Justsomeguy said:

Unless BK is really hot, BDC is gonna make him look bad and it won't be close.

BDC has a very safe floor in this kind of event. BK can't afford to make mistakes when he's being outdriven by 30-40 yards every hole.

I'd be interested to know how many par 3s and short par 4s there are vs long par 4s and par 5s. For the sake of betting. 12 holes is weird if they don't have equivalent numbers of par 5s and 3s.

If they're all short par 4s, his length isn't as much an advantage. BDC hitting a GW in while BK hits a 9i doesn't make as much difference as BDC hitting a 7i into a par 5 while BK is hitting 4i.

Bat Boy Baseball GIF by San Diego Padres

• Haha 1