Titleist not offering 4-for-3 in 2022?

Shadrach

My golf buddy was in the shop today after the Titleist rep had visited our pro. Apparently rep told pro that his allocations next spring will be about 80% of what pro received in 2021. Further, the 4-for-3 program will be put on hold.

I'm most concerned about this no 4-for-3 allegation. Anyone else hearing this?

For the first time this year I bought into the 4 for 3 special.  I like ProV's but not at the standard price so I will be looking around for a diff ball. Too bad.

Driver _____ Ping G400 Max
Woods ____ Ping G410 3 & 5, Cleveland XL HALO 7
Hybrids ___ Titleist 818H1 5H
Irons ______ Titleist T300 6-GW
Wedges ___ Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08F & 56.10S
Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife 2-Bar w/ Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up
Ball _______  Titleist ProV1 Yellow
Distance __ GPS:  Bushnell Phantom 2,  Rangefinder:  Precision Pro NX7 Pro
GHIN ______ HCP floats between 10 and 12

Have not heard that yet, but glad I stocked up and bought 2 years worth of balls last year. 

Despite the supply chain issues this seems like a bad call, there are people like me who have participated in this for about 10 years that will be alienated.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 2bGood said:

Have not heard that yet, but glad I stocked up and bought 2 years worth of balls last year. 

Despite the supply chain issues this seems like a bad call, there are people like me who have participated in this for about 10 years that will be alienated.

Every box of 4 dozen I have received has always said Loyalty Rewarded.  Oops....

Disappointed, I was going to possibly do a gift as well.  

16 hours ago, Shadrach said:

My golf buddy was in the shop today after the Titleist rep had visited our pro. Apparently rep told pro that his allocations next spring will be about 80% of what pro received in 2021. Further, the 4-for-3 program will be put on hold.

I'm most concerned about this no 4-for-3 allegation. Anyone else hearing this?

Would not be surprised to see a price hike.

2 hours ago, chippa13 said:

I'll never understand why consumers take it so personally when a business has to make a hard business decision based on the numbers. Do folks also feel this indignation and alienation when restaurants have to boost prices now and again in order to keep up with supply costs? Are you suddenly not going to your favorite Italian place because the veal went up $2 for the first time in a decade?

Businesses have to make decisions, and consumers make decisions.  Consumers discuss said decisions.  

ProV1s have not been held steady in price all along.  Titleist is entitled to make decisions on their pricing, etc. Consumers are also entitled to make decisions in response.  

Given Titleist's advertising/promotional budget, supply costs don't appear to be their issue.  At some point, people don't want to be paying for Jim Nantz to be doing commercials, or all those hats on tour. 

• Thanks 1

I guess Titleist is so awful for putting those ads out there. Thank goodness Taylormade doesn't have any ads littered with stars of professional golf or...............oh, wait. Never mind.

If you don't feel a company's product is worth the price then don't buy it. Nothing wrong with that. Consumers make decisions like that every day. What I find laughable is consumers who take a business's decision as a personal affront.

Edited by chippa13
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, chippa13 said:

I guess Titleist is so awful for putting those ads out there. Thank goodness Taylormade doesn't have any ads littered with stars of professional golf or...............oh, wait. Never mind.

If you don't feel a company's product is worth the price then don't buy it. Nothing wrong with that. Consumers make decisions like that every day. What I find laughable is consumers who take a business's decision as a personal affront.

Well considering all the businesses that talk about "deepening their relationships with their clients," and "connecting with them"....  you could say it's the companies' faults for that.  As I said, Titleist would play the "loyalty" card.  Their own corporatespeak has created the environment where someone would take it personally.

As to TM, TM is marketing clubs far more than the golf ball.  Titleist is 90% ball advertising.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chippa13 said:

I'll never understand why consumers take it so personally when a business has to make a hard business decision based on the numbers. Do folks also feel this indignation and alienation when restaurants have to boost prices now and again in order to keep up with supply costs? Are you suddenly not going to your favorite Italian place because the veal went up $2 for the first time in a decade?

Maybe this happens with other consumer goods, but I'm always amused at the way golfers over react to what a manufacturer decides to do.  With their newest line of irons, Mizuno decided to bring back the "Mizuno Pro" script on the back.  I've seen people on other golf sites talking about how they think the script is so ugly that, not only will they not get any of the new irons, but they are going to sell their current Mizuno irons and move away from the brand entirely.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSR4, 7.25*, Aldila Rogue Black 95 MSI 70 S
Titleist TS3, 14.25*, Speeder VC 8.2 Tour Spec X
Titleist 818 H2 17*, Speeder VC 8.8 HB Tour Spec S
Mizuno MP H5, 3 iron, C Taper Lite X
Mizuno MP H5 (4&5), MP 5 (6-PW), DG X100 SSx1
Cleveland RTX6 54/12 (bent to 53*) Raw & 58/10 Black, DG Spinner
Piretti Potenza 1.5
Ball - Titleist AVX Yellow

14 hours ago, Londo said:

I would be pretty surprised at this point it if those Buy X get Y promos were offered next season. If supply chain gets much worse or materials prices increase- we would be pretty lucky if we don't see a bump in prices late 2022/early 2023

Spoke with my course owner the other day and his vendors told him pricing will be going up.. as shipping costs have gone up 300% 

21 hours ago, 2bGood said:

Despite the supply chain issues this seems like a bad call, there are people like me who have participated in this for about 10 years that will be alienate

lets face it, with their market share they aren't going to be losing sleep if people get alienated about no 4/3 deal when there are confirmed supply chain issues.  Or even if they discontinued the 4/3 deal for other reasons including profit maximization. We'll be lucky if the price doesn't go up to $55 !!!

11 hours ago, spartanglfr said:

lets face it, with their market share they aren't going to be losing sleep if people get alienated about no 4/3 deal when there are confirmed supply chain issues.  Or even if they discontinued the 4/3 deal for other reasons including profit maximization. We'll be lucky if the price doesn't go up to $55 !!!

mmm $55.  Most golf course pro shops around here already sell ProV's for $56. 

Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife 2-Bar w/ Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up

• 1 month later...

This past week I saw Prov's on sale at a local golf course for $63 per dozen.

• Haha 1

On 10/8/2021 at 1:18 PM, chippa13 said:

Extremely bad analogy given the gouging that the OEM's do on golf ball pricing...  The wholesale cost to retailers is one of the biggest shams in golf (far worse than clothing) where they MIGHT make a few bucks per dozen sold...

Restaurants work on very thin margins that get offset by alcohol sales and the mark up there.  Titleist does not work on very thin margins...

• Like 2

A Revolving Door

From what I've seen, the amount of people that take advantage of 4 for 3 program don't add up to a value, least of all to Titleist.  Those I know that have bought 3+ boxes of balls, are buying low-priced balls, and many are buying at Costco, including my wife.  Don't know anyone that has bought boxes of premium balls, I surely haven't.  I don't see the value in it, considering I seldom lose golf balls.  A dozen lasts me quite some time.  LOL But I do buy 2-4 bottles of single malt at a time, if costs are expected to go up due to limited barrels.

During all my years playing golf, Titleist has never offered much for bargain hunters.  Titleist clubs were always more costly than other OEM sets.  But the golf market has changed a lot.  Callaway and Bridgestone and other OEM sets are now priced similarly. 

I don't fault Titleist for not discounting, it's their marketing model.  Porsche, Lexus and MBZ, even BMW are not discounting much, like GM and Toyota, etc. 

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° Hzrdus Smoke Red 75 5.5
  • 718 T-MB 17° 2i Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

7 hours ago, Pepperturbo said:

From what I've seen, the amount of people that take advantage of 4 for 3 program don't add up to a value, least of all to Titleist.  Those I know that have bought 3+ boxes of balls, are buying low-priced balls, and many are buying at Costco, including my wife.  Don't know anyone that has bought boxes of premium balls, I surely haven't.  I don't see the value in it, considering I seldom lose golf balls.  A dozen lasts me quite some time.  LOL But I do buy 2-4 bottles of single malt at a time, if costs are expected to go up due to limited barrels.

During all my years playing golf, Titleist has never offered much for bargain hunters.  Titleist clubs were always more costly than other OEM sets.  But the golf market has changed a lot.  Callaway and Bridgestone and other OEM sets are now priced similarly. 

I don't fault Titleist for not discounting, it's their marketing model.  Porsche, Lexus and MBZ, even BMW are not discounting much, like GM and Toyota, etc. 

I need 100 balls per year - almost to the number. (I average 1.5 rounds per ball). I don't lose allot of them, but they wear out or get damaged after about 20-30 holes. As a result I double down every year and 2 X 3for4 deals and start the year off with 96 balls. Always some model  of Pro V (these days the left dash)

Edited by 2bGood
  • Like 2

I have never, ever, paid money for a ProV1 or V1x in my life yet I have a 5 gallon bucket full of them in my garage.

I like that promo the best.

• Like 2

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

29 minutes ago, 2bGood said:

I need 100 balls per year - almost to the number. (I average 1.5 rounds per ball). I don't lose allot of them, but they wear out or get damaged after about 20-30 holes. As a result I double down every year and 2 X 3for4 deals and start the year off with 96 balls. Always some moved of Pro V (the days the left dash)

Really…wow.  I've never actually counted how many I use per year.  Depends on my ball striking, I use the same DASH or AVX for 4-6 rds, it may last longer, then it goes in a shag bag and I donate them to kids orgs.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° Hzrdus Smoke Red 75 5.5
  • 718 T-MB 17° 2i Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

1 hour ago, Pepperturbo said:

Really…wow.  I've never actually counted how many I use per year.  Depends on my ball striking, I use the same DASH or AVX for 4-6 rds, it may last longer, then it goes in a shag bag and I donate them to kids orgs.

I guess I hit more Cart paths and trees. 😉

I don’t really count per say, but as I always play the same ball for season it easy to do the math on how many I purchased and how many rounds I posted. 

Edited by 2bGood

2 hours ago, Pepperturbo said:

i like Titleist golf balls as much as the next guy but that's a terrible analogy lol... the 4 for 3 is like a tradition almost, Titleist calls it "Loyalty Rewarded" every year....it'd be too bad if they skipped out in 2022 as it'd be like saying "Sorry, Loyalty Not Rewarded for 2022" 

On 10/8/2021 at 10:02 PM, Shushwap said:

Spoke with my course owner the other day and his vendors told him pricing will be going up.. as shipping costs have gone up 300% 

Shipping costs have gone way up across the board thanks to covid.  I'm not gonna get worked up over a small price hike, but it's become absolutely ridiculous lately. 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2