As if equipment delays weren't enough, FedEx is.

lefthack

From Chicago, to San Fran, to Florida, to Eugene Oregon, back to Florida, then up to Portland. Frequent flyer miles for my club head?¬†ūü§£

Screenshot_20211008-052925.png

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Taylormade M3 driver Mitsubishi Kuro Kage TiNi 70G shaft (cut to 44.5")

Honma XP-1 3 wood 

Taylormade M1 5 wood

Taylormade GAPR Lo 19* Hybrid 

Byrdie Golf Designs split cavity 4-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Lazrus 52/8 and 56/12 wedges

Nike Blue Chip 002 putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips

42 minutes ago, Blonde Line Lizard said:

FEDEX?  It's going through the Post Office.

The box and tracking number say FedEx.

Honma XP-1 3 wood 

Taylormade M1 5 wood

1 hour ago, lefthack said:

The box and tracking number say FedEx.

If that's the case and it's going through Post Office locations as the tracking says, then it's likely a FedEx SmartPost shipment. Those can get crazy. Basically the cheapest option out there, less than ground, and takes the most circuitous and least streamlined route to get to it's final destination as FedEx relies on USPS for some of the movement within the system and sometimes final delivery. Good luck.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, VNutz said:

If that's the case and it's going through Post Office locations as the tracking says, then it's likely a FedEx SmartPost shipment. Those can get crazy. Basically the cheapest option out there, less than ground, and takes the most circuitous and least streamlined route to get to it's final destination as FedEx relies on USPS for some of the movement within the system and sometimes final delivery. Good luck.

It's better traveled than I am, that's for sure. Still got to me pretty quick considering how far it went.¬†ūü§£

Honma XP-1 3 wood 

Taylormade M1 5 wood

I despise FEDEX!!! Rather use USPS anyday!! 

• Like 1

**WITB as of 10/12/21****

Taylormade SIM 2 - 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6X tipped 1.5" playing at 45" D5 SW Hotmelt added to head

Taylormade SIM 2 MAX - 15* Ventus Blue 7X Tipped 2" playing at 43" D5 SW Bent Flat and hot melted

Taylormade SIM 2 MAX Hybrid - 19* Ventus Blue HB 9X 

Callaway 21' X-Forged UT 18* - Ventus Blue HB 9X / 2* Flat (+1* loft)

Miura TC-201 4-PW $-taper 130X 2* flat

Taylormade MG 3 KBS 610 Wedge 125S+ 50SB/55SB/60HB
Golf Pride Tour Velvet +4 standard + 2 wraps
TaylorMade TP Soto 33.5‚ÄĚ with Super Stroke Pistol GTR 2.0 -¬†

Yeah, Fedex currently sucks. You may have read about my Fedex odyssey last month in my i210 thread. Such a frustrating experience, but...

they did finally arrive. 

Good Luck!

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

They say they are hiring folks. I get a lot of these, too. Potentially nothing.¬†ūü§£

My 3 wood now comes Monday and the 5 wood is "whenever" at this point. The wife's irons come today, so that's good.

Screenshot_20211008-101802.png

Honma XP-1 3 wood 

Taylormade M1 5 wood

I have had just the opposite results with FedEx.  Everything I have sold on ebay and anything that I have bought that has shipped FedEx has been on time.  And I'm talking quite a few packages.  Now the USPS on the other hand, they were consistently 1-2 weeks late with everything for a while, if they didn't outright lose the package.  That's the reason I started using FedEx.  The postal service has gotten somewhat better lately, but they're still not at the level of service I've been getting through FedEx.  Not even close.  I even started requesting that ebay sellers use FedEx instead of the USPS when I buy something, and they all completely understand and are happy to oblige. Just when it seems like maybe USPS is finally turning things around, here comes another holiday season that I'm sure they will completely screw up for a myriad of people, just like last year.  No thanks!  I'm 100% in the FedEx and UPS camp.

• Like 1

Bag 1                                                                               Bag 2                                                    Bag 3

PING G400 MAX 10.5 GD YS Nano Reloaded 6X         Titleist 905R 9.5* Speeder S             Cleveland Classic 310 GD Pershing 60 S

PING G25 16.5* 4 Wood UST Attas 4U 7 TS                Titleist 906F2 15* YS6+ FW S           Callaway Warbird 3, 5, & 7 Woods Memphis 10 Steel

Callaway Epic Flash 7 Wood UST Attas 4U 8S            Titleist 906F4 18.5* NV 75 FW S       PING Zing BeCu 5-SW AMT Tour White Black Onyx S300

Titleist 915H 24* & 27* DG S300                                  Titleist 904F 22* DG S300                PING Eye 2 XG 56* & 60* DG S300

PING i210 6-UW DG TI S400                                         Mizuno MP30 4-PW DGS300           PING Sigma Tyne H

PING Glide 3.0 Eye 2 54* & 58* DG TI S400                Mizuno T20 54* & 60* DG TI S400

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball Blade w/Triple Track          Odyssey White Steel #5

3 hours ago, rooski said:

Over the past 6 or so months, I've gotten perhaps 20 packages through FedEx.

Not a single one has arrived on time.  Some of them have been heinously late (multiple weeks), and a number of them were completely lost. I can't believe how bad they have been lately.

In comparison, every single package I've had come through USPS or UPS have arrived on time, and probably half of them a day or two early. Truly unfortunate that all golf companies tend to ship through FedEx. 

Not only that but now every time I hear "FedEx Cup Points" it makes my eye twinge

I wonder if this is a regional thing.  I'm in the midwest and have had zero issues with FedEx, but the same nightmare stories as you except with USPS. 

• Like 1

Bag 1                                                                               Bag 2                                                    Bag 3

PING G400 MAX 10.5 GD YS Nano Reloaded 6X         Titleist 905R 9.5* Speeder S             Cleveland Classic 310 GD Pershing 60 S

PING G25 16.5* 4 Wood UST Attas 4U 7 TS                Titleist 906F2 15* YS6+ FW S           Callaway Warbird 3, 5, & 7 Woods Memphis 10 Steel

Callaway Epic Flash 7 Wood UST Attas 4U 8S            Titleist 906F4 18.5* NV 75 FW S       PING Zing BeCu 5-SW AMT Tour White Black Onyx S300

Titleist 915H 24* & 27* DG S300                                  Titleist 904F 22* DG S300                PING Eye 2 XG 56* & 60* DG S300

PING i210 6-UW DG TI S400                                         Mizuno MP30 4-PW DGS300           PING Sigma Tyne H

PING Glide 3.0 Eye 2 54* & 58* DG TI S400                Mizuno T20 54* & 60* DG TI S400

Go check out the FedEx subreddit. The "Potentially Delayed" thing is happening constantly, to everyone, and it's because they are having massive staffing issues. There are pictures of warehouses full of boxes that they're behind on. It's everywhere.

• Like 2

TaylorMade Mini 300

Callaway Mavrik Max 3 wood

Cleveland Launcher UHX 18 degree utility iron

Callaway Mavrik 4 hybrid

Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Bettinardi Studio Stock 8 / Bettinardi Studio Stock 17

18 minutes ago, drumdude96 said:

I wonder if this is a regional thing.  I'm in the midwest and have had zero issues with FedEx, but the same nightmare stories as you except with USPS. 

I'm also in the Midwest and have had the delays. A few weeks back an item from an hour away, that should arrive overnight, traveled out to California and back before arriving several days later. Another item from the same vendor sat at the regional facility for 3 days before moving out. Other incoming items have sat at the local regional facility here and don't get on a truck for a few days. Not all that unlike what happened with USPS a year+ ago. Additionally, I have a few customers that prefer we use their FedEx account for shipments, so I have to take those items to a FedEx store to send out. Those stores used to be open until 7-8 each night, now close at 5, which is pretty inconvenient for the typical business. It could be staffing, but it could also be their choice, don't know. Seems peculiar that it would be staffing at this point, but it seems many places are having that issue.

UPS meanwhile has been perfect for me.

33 minutes ago, VNutz said:

I'm also in the Midwest and have had the delays. A few weeks back an item from an hour away, that should arrive overnight, traveled out to California and back before arriving several days later. Another item from the same vendor sat at the regional facility for 3 days before moving out. Other incoming items have sat at the local regional facility here and don't get on a truck for a few days. Not all that unlike what happened with USPS a year+ ago. Additionally, I have a few customers that prefer we use their FedEx account for shipments, so I have to take those items to a FedEx store to send out. Those stores used to be open until 7-8 each night, now close at 5, which is pretty inconvenient for the typical business. It could be staffing, but it could also be their choice, don't know. Seems peculiar that it would be staffing at this point, but it seems many places are having that issue.

UPS meanwhile has been perfect for me.

I sold my i210's Monday morning, dropped them off at Walgreens around 9:30 AM for FedEx pickup, and they were delivered in South Carolina yesterday,  only 3 days later and 100% on time.  The only time in the last year + that I've had anything delayed with FedEx was over this past Labor Day weekend, and that is totally understandable.  I ordered a powered live sound mixer Wednesday night.  It was picked up by FedEx at 12 AM yesterday (Thursday) morning, and I have full confidence that it will be delivered tomorrow morning (Saturday), right on schedule.  Maybe they just really like me?!  I feel like I'm living in Bizarro World with all these FedEx horror stories.  I'm just not seeing it on my end.  What I am seeing is damn near everything I want to buy (golf or pro audio related) being out of stock until who knows when.  That REALLY sucks. 

FedEx has hiccups lately for me too but I still use them as they are the cheapest option for ~$20 cross country clubs shipping. However, my delays were due to employee shortages where the trailer sat for days/week without drivers. Maybe two packages out of 10 suffered extra week delays instead of the normal 7-10 day average.

Edited by thevaporz

FedEx had a ‚Äúhiccup‚ÄĚ for me too a cpl weeks ago. Ordered a golf bag. Was marked delivered 2 days later. Never got it. The store was great and I got a refund so no big deal. First time that‚Äôs happened to me.¬†

Ordered a different one from a different store. That one did show up 2 days later (UPS). 

That side trip to Eugene has to be mis-scan. Sarasota to Tampa area on both ends. Doesn't seem like enough time to get all the way to Oregon and back but perhaps so.

Regardless, ya, FedEx ground in the Pac Northwest is crazy with all the labor shortages and issues plaguing the Portland distribution center, and spilling over to other places around the region.

And FedEx Express is sitting on overnight boxes due to driver shortages, and delivering critical shipments via independent contractors in their own personal cars now!

Surprisingly, in the Seattle area, the USPS has become super efficient for me. Stuff leaves the regional outbound hub same night I drop off at PO, and gets delivered same day it arrives at local inbound distribution center. Knock on wood that keeps up and I didn't just jinx it.

Edited by Seattlegolfnut

14 minutes ago, dokex said:

Per the title, Fedex is WHAT?

Enough?

Honma XP-1 3 wood 

Taylormade M1 5 wood

Okay, it looks like the shipping label on my package got messed up and had to be replaced, so it has been delayed until Monday.  This is really the first time I have had any issues with FedEx, and it's only one business day.  The package is in Kansas City, so it will definitely make it to me Monday, which is certainly not a big deal.  But, their near-perfect record for me has taken a minor hit.  Still much better service than the USPS in my experience.

I had a package go out last week via FedEx ground. It‚Äôs typically a 3-4 day process. It was immediately marked as potentially delayed with an¬†ETA of this Friday. I woke up this morning, checked the shipping status and, to my surprise, it said on vehicle for delivery. The red ‚Äúpotentially delayed‚ÄĚ alert had switched to a purple ‚Äúpotentially early‚ÄĚ alert‚Ķ strange, but I‚Äôm not complaining.¬†

• Like 1

8 hours ago, larryd3 said:

I'm still using Fedex, just not having any issues.  

I know Portland has had staffing issues and most of my packages are at least a few days late, if not a week. My 3 wood that was supposed to be here last Wednesday has been marked out for delivery today, so I will hope for the best.

Honma XP-1 3 wood 

Taylormade M1 5 wood