Jump to content

Sympathy for Rickie


Naptime
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:


 

I think Rickie has a big following with da Boomers. Jack and Barb loves the guy.

 

Rickie young guy but he “old school”. 
 

Not that mopey whiny BK attitude. Or delicate genius BD. Or the “bro” thing like JT and Jordy. 

 

Thats why he get the sponsors like mortgage and insurance.

 

Thats stuff adults buy ; )

Put him in a pair of joggers and he dead to me though 👴🏼
😂 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Put him in a pair of joggers and he dead to me though 👴🏼
😂 


 

Ha, well, Rickie sport joggers. And high tops! But the difference is, unlike some folks,

 

Rickie can pull it off. Plus, that’s just a style thing. Like Arnie bunching his sleeves to show off his guns ; )

 

 

 

 

EF50D885-CF04-485A-82C3-BF8B5BD191C8.jpeg

230A8CD3-9CB8-43DB-B922-E5EC750633A4.jpeg

Edited by bscinstnct
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:


 

Ha, well, Rickie sport joggers. And high tops! But the difference is, unlike some folks,

 

Rickie can pull it off. Plus, that’s just a style thing. Like Arnie bunching his sleeves to show off his guns ; )

 

 

 

 

EF50D885-CF04-485A-82C3-BF8B5BD191C8.jpeg

230A8CD3-9CB8-43DB-B922-E5EC750633A4.jpeg

I like both looks. Beats the same ol’ boring cookie cutter stuff! As you said, they pull it off really well. 
 

*I think those are the shoes Rickie gave Charlie Woods! 😆

Edited by TiScape
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/9/2021 at 7:57 AM, MMB1500 said:

It's just frustrating to see someone with so much talent prioritize acting in commercials over playing golf. 

That's an assumption for which I disagree.  I am sure we agree, Ricky is a good man, husband and soon to be father.  But what people overlook is he's a long-time Christian, as are his parents.  That implies his values and actions will overshadow his commercial activities as well as how committed he is to golf.   I know that because being Catholic has overshadowed all my business activities.

 

Personally, I'd rather see him be a great husband and family man, and a really good golfer as opposed to him being #1 at golfer and let his family go, wanting for...  Which is what happens with most tour guys in the top 10.

Edited by Pepperturbo
  • Like 4
  • Titleist TS2, 9.5 Ventus 5 Series S
  • Titleist TS2, 4wd Ventus 6 Series S
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 2i Tensei AV White AM
  • Titleist 620 Series 3-4i Tensei AV White AM
  • Titleist 620 Series 5-PW MMT 125
  • SM6 F-52/8 MMT 125
  • SM6 M-58/8 MMT 125
  • SC CA Monterey
  • DASH-ProV1x & AVX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Pepperturbo said:

That's an assumption for which I disagree.  I am sure we agree, Ricky is a good man, husband and soon to be father.  But what people overlook is he's a long-time Christian, as are his parents.  That implies his values and actions will overshadow his commercial activities as well as how  committed he is to golf. 

 

Personally, I'd rather see him be a great husband and family man, and a really good golfer as opposed to him being #1 at golfer and let his family go, wanting for...  Which is what happens with most tour guys in the top 10.

 

As if being a Christian has anything to do with success or lack of on the golf course.  Personally, I would rather see Rickie do whatever the F he wants.  More commercials, more cuts, more family time, more church time, more Cobra...whatever, more power to him.  It would be nice if what he wants translates to better golf, more wins, and a major.  It is quite possible.  Forget comparisons to Lee Westwood, just be as good as Zach Johnson.  12 wins, 2 majors, hell of a short game.

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, CasualLie said:

 

As if being a Christian has anything to do with success or lack of on the golf course.  Personally, I would rather see Rickie do whatever the F he wants.  More commercials, more cuts, more family time, more church time, more Cobra...whatever, more power to him.  It would be nice if what he wants translates to better golf, more wins, and a major.  It is quite possible.  Forget comparisons to Lee Westwood, just be as good as Zach Johnson.  12 wins, 2 majors, hell of a short game.

 

I as much as said being Christian defines our priorities and decisions in relationship to our careers.  And has NOTHING to do with level of success.

Edited by Pepperturbo
  • Like 1
  • Titleist TS2, 9.5 Ventus 5 Series S
  • Titleist TS2, 4wd Ventus 6 Series S
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 2i Tensei AV White AM
  • Titleist 620 Series 3-4i Tensei AV White AM
  • Titleist 620 Series 5-PW MMT 125
  • SM6 F-52/8 MMT 125
  • SM6 M-58/8 MMT 125
  • SC CA Monterey
  • DASH-ProV1x & AVX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:


 

Hard to say in business.
 

I mean Michael Corleone baptized his sisters kid

 

But it coincided with a seemingly unethical elimination of his professional rivals 🤣

 

12B15082-D06E-4B86-AD8A-3A52DB0A1C23.jpeg

 

exactly, being a Christian don't mean much especially in sports. Michael Vick was thanking God first in his interviews and running a dog fighting ring on the side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Redjeep83 said:

 

exactly, being a Christian don't mean much especially in sports. Michael Vick was thanking God first in his interviews and running a dog fighting ring on the side.

 There's a big difference between saying you're a Christian and actually walking the walk. Rickie seems to be a genuinely humble guy. 

“The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control…

I don't expect non believers/agnostics or atheists to grasp that.......... 

Edited by RainShadow

car GIF 

Honma TW737 455 9.5* Vizard 7s  Ping G425 LST 10.5 Oban Devotion 6/04 
TM Sim2 Max 3HL Ventus Blue FW 6 
Ping G410 19* Riptide CB 80 6.0

Ping G410 22* & 26* Tensei CK Pro Blue 80s
'21 Apex 6-GW SF fc90 f3  Or Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW, SF i95cw R   
Mack Daddy PM 2.0 54/14
Mack Daddy PM 2.0 58/12

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” or Toulon Las Vegas.

TM Tour Response/ Bridgstone Tour BRX / Titleist AVX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pepperturbo said:

I as much as said being Christian defines our priorities and decisions in relationship to our careers.  And has NOTHING to do with level of success.

There’s a lot of “Christians” out there that don’t practice what they preach but let’s not go there as it’s not allowed 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I read that Rickie has considerable Japanese and Navaho blood; like Tiger Woods, a mixed race guy.  Also mostly self-taught on the golf driving range.  Has many tatoos, some quite recent. 

IMO, all immaterial.  Click-bait fodder.

Now his first job is to be a good husband and father.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickie_Fowler

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, bscinstnct said:


 

I think Rickie has a big following with da Boomers. Jack and Barb loves the guy.

 

Rickie young guy but he “old school”. 
 

Not that mopey whiny BK attitude. Or delicate genius BD. Or the “bro” thing like JT and Jordy. 

 

Thats why he get the sponsors like mortgage and insurance.

 

Thats stuff adults buy ; )

image.gif.a0b48016c183d688bd7ba4c25488fc44.gif

  • Like 2

Callaway Epic Speed 9* Fujikura Platinum Speeder 4S

Titleist TS3 strong 3 wood 13.5* PX Hzrdus. Smoke 75s

Titleist 818H2 19* hybrid Tensei Blue

Titleist TS3 23* Tensei Blue

New Level PF-2 5-PW DG105 S300

Taylormade MG2 50* DG S300

Callaway Jaws MD5 56* & 60* DGS200

Scotty Cameron Newport Special Select 34” with flow neck by LaMont

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, stingerfade said:

There’s a lot of “Christians” out there that don’t practice what they preach but let’s not go there as it’s not allowed 

I agree 100% with that statement, except add what most people purposely overlook; there is NO such thing as a perfect human or Christian.  In other words, man can't practice perfectly what he preaches.  You have a good day.

  • Titleist TS2, 9.5 Ventus 5 Series S
  • Titleist TS2, 4wd Ventus 6 Series S
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 2i Tensei AV White AM
  • Titleist 620 Series 3-4i Tensei AV White AM
  • Titleist 620 Series 5-PW MMT 125
  • SM6 F-52/8 MMT 125
  • SM6 M-58/8 MMT 125
  • SC CA Monterey
  • DASH-ProV1x & AVX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 I have nothing against Rickie but I don't see where he is more than an average talent on the PGA tour

 He is playing to his level and don't know why more is expected of him

 

12 years on Tour - 5 wins ( no majors )

 

Rickie won't even get close to Lanny Wadkins stats ( and he is getting ripped on another thread ) 21 wins and a major in 20 years

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, miamistomp said:

 I have nothing against Rickie but I don't see where he is more than an average talent on the PGA tour

 He is playing to his level and don't know why more is expected of him

 

12 years on Tour - 5 wins ( no majors )

 

Rickie won't even get close to Lanny Wadkins stats ( and he is getting ripped on another thread ) 21 wins and a major in 20 years

Lol 5 wins is not “average”.  There are just 206 guys that have won more in the century or so of the tour. Which sounds like a lot but there are many thousands with a lot less.

 

Too bad there were no world rankings back then. would Lanny have ever reached #4?  I doubt it.

Callaway Epic Speed 9* Fujikura Platinum Speeder 4S

Titleist TS3 strong 3 wood 13.5* PX Hzrdus. Smoke 75s

Titleist 818H2 19* hybrid Tensei Blue

Titleist TS3 23* Tensei Blue

New Level PF-2 5-PW DG105 S300

Taylormade MG2 50* DG S300

Callaway Jaws MD5 56* & 60* DGS200

Scotty Cameron Newport Special Select 34” with flow neck by LaMont

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Shilgy said:

Lol 5 wins is not “average”.  There are just 206 guys that have won more in the century or so of the tour. Which sounds like a lot but there are many thousands with a lot less.

 

Too bad there were no world rankings back then. would Lanny have ever reached #4?  I doubt it.

Jerry Lanston "Lanny" Wadkins Jr. (born December 5, 1949) is an American professional golfer. He ranked in the top 10 of the Official World Golf Ranking for 86 weeks from the ranking's debut in 1986 to 1988.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, miamistomp said:

Jerry Lanston "Lanny" Wadkins Jr. (born December 5, 1949) is an American professional golfer. He ranked in the top 10 of the Official World Golf Ranking for 86 weeks from the ranking's debut in 1986 to 1988.

Is that a yes or no? Did he reach #4?  I’m not in any way, yet, comparing Rickie to Lanny.  But then Rickie is 32 and Lanny won 14 of his 21 events older than that.

Callaway Epic Speed 9* Fujikura Platinum Speeder 4S

Titleist TS3 strong 3 wood 13.5* PX Hzrdus. Smoke 75s

Titleist 818H2 19* hybrid Tensei Blue

Titleist TS3 23* Tensei Blue

New Level PF-2 5-PW DG105 S300

Taylormade MG2 50* DG S300

Callaway Jaws MD5 56* & 60* DGS200

Scotty Cameron Newport Special Select 34” with flow neck by LaMont

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Pepperturbo said:

I agree 100% with that statement, except add what most people purposely overlook; there is NO such thing as a perfect human or Christian.  In other words, man can't practice perfectly what he preaches.  You have a good day.

Keep a clean nose, watch the plain clothes
You don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows"

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, miamistomp said:

 Wadkins 's highest was 5

 Probably could have been higher if the rankings existed in 1982 and 1985 as he had 3 wins in each of those years

 

 I am just saying that people expect too much of Rickie because of his extraordinary exposure


 

Lanny be like,

 

”Hon? Where’s my orange 🍊 shirt?! Hurry, Rickies on!”

 

; )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2022 Farmers Insurance Open Photos - 26 WITBs & New Gear- Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
      General Albums - 
       
      2022 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #1
      2022 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #2
      2022 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #3
      2022 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #4
       
       
      WITB Albums - 
       
      Hideki Matsuyama - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Sung Kang - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Adam Long - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Brandon Wu - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Jimmy Walker - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Sam Burns - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Xander Schauffele - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Trey Mullinax - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Daniel Berger - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      James Hahn - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Phil Mickelson - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Aaron Wise - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Justin Thomas - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Lee Hodges - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Jordan Spieth - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Cameron Champ - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Kyle Stanley - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
       
       
      Pullout Albums - 
       
      New Super Stroke grip - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Tour Aim alignment aids - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Swag Golf: Hideki's caddie bowing at Augusta, signed headcovers – 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Dylan Frittelli's Callaway Apex TCB Sand Wedge (1-of-1 proto) – 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Bryson DeChambeau's Cobra King LTDx 5-degree driver – 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      NeuroPeak Pro NTel Belt - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      JumboMax JMX Zen Lite grips – 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
       
      Cameron Champ WITB has the new Ping i525

       
      Bryson's WITB has the new Cobra LTDx Driver 

       
      Phils new Rogue Driver

       
      Bryson's LAGolf Shaft in the driver

       
      Xander has the triple diamond "S" driver

       
      New SuperStroke grips for 2022

       
        • Thanks
      • 8 replies
    • 2022 The American Express WITB Photos (Spotted: New gear for 2022) - Discussion & Links
      Please put and comments or questions here
       
       
      Scotty Cameron putters - 2022 American Express
      New Taylor-Made putters - 2022 American Express
      New Odyssey putters - 2022 American Express
      New Axis 1 model putter - - 2022 American Express
      Patrick Cantlay - WITB - 2022 American Express
      Mitsubishi MMT putter shaft - 2022 American Express
      Ping putter - 2022 American Express
      Abraham Ancer - WITB - 2022 American Express
      Jason Dufner - WITB - 2022 American Express
      Will Zalatoris - WITB - 2022 American Express
      The Surgeon 6109 wedge - 2022 American Express
      LA Golf "DJ Series" shafts (2022 American Express)
       
       
       
      2022 American Express - Monday #1
       
       
       
       
      • 40 replies
    • Sony Open Pics from January 11, 2022 Part 1
      I was able to get out to the Sony Open today to take a few pics.  I guess due to Covid precautions they kept the spectators pretty far from the players.  Also due to camera restrictions they've put in place, I wasn't able to bring the big lens like I normally do. Hopefully they'll ease up on the ropes and I'll be able to get more pics tomorrow!
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 22 replies
    • 2022 Callaway Rogue ST drivers (in-hand photos)
      2022 Callaway Rogue ST Max driver
       

       
      2022 Callaway Rogue ST Max D driver
       
      2021 Callaway Rogue ST Max 
       
      2022 Callaway Rogue ST Max LS driver

       
      2022 Callaway Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS

       
      Rogue ST exploded views
        • Like
      • 217 replies
    • Titleist Vokey SM9 Link on Wedge Works Coming Soon- UPDATED Pics Added Pg 4
      Looks like there is a link on Titleist Wedge Works for the new Vokey SM9, but doesn't show any photos yet.
       
      https://www.vokey.com/product/WM137.html#start=4
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 237 replies

×
×
  • Create New...