2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

What if your woman plays great golf

playit

2 hours ago, DavePelz4 said:

Used to date a female pro who was amazing. In 2 years the worst she ever shot when we played together was a 74, playing from the same tees as me. She was the focal point of a favorite story.  On a Friday afternoon, stuck behind a group of  guys as a two some, they would not let us through.  Finally on the 12 hole, a 215 yard par 3, all carry over water we were on the tee box after they all hit. We asked to play through, I hit and was 35 feet away from the pin.  As she went to play, they instructed her to go to the women's tees which were probably 75 yards up. She said she'd take her chances and hit a hybrid to 4 feet. Under his breath, one guy said "how f'in lucky was that?"  She turned to them and said, "All 4 of you hit, we hit, and I only see 2 balls on the green so I think you better shut up." Of course, she made her putt, turned to the group as they watched and curtseyed. Still makes me smile.

That is one thing we always deal with. People never want to let us pass, or when we get paired you can almost tell they think they are in for a long day. Also, my wife gets a ton of comments that would never be said to a male golfer. "The course is pretty, which I am sure makes you happy since you had to come out here" "The bathrooms are located on 7 and 15, I know that is important to you" "Do you golf or is this your first time out?" etc. She takes it all really well, but one time I just want her to challenge someone and take their money. 

• Like 2

My ex-wife once beat me at crazy golf and then ran around telling people that her husband was a plus-handicap player and she'd just beaten him by two shots. Remarkably, I've still got the scorecard somewhere.

I'm also a keen horseman, and if I say so myself a decent operator. Probably about a 3-or 4-handicap in golfing terms. My current partner, I hate to say, has eclipsed my skills in a decent amateur equestrian career. I live with it. Barely. But it's a sore point.

If I ever involved myself with a golfer - proper golf, I mean; not crazy golf coupled with the stars aligning - who could smack talk me into submission, I think I'd have a mid-life crisis or a breakdown.

Edited by mat562
  • Haha 1

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Pal

If I was dating a girl who was better than me at golf I wouldn't care one bit. It would be a mix of fun and frustrating especially if she is really good and I never win. But we cannot be great at everything we do, even if we are really good at something there will be someone better than us, unless you are the the #1 person in the world/all time. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

On 10/9/2021 at 8:36 PM, ShowMe said:

So you've been tracking these fragile little fellas?

You came up with that in the bias bathroom of your mind?  Shame on you. 

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74S
  • 718 T-MB 17° 2i Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

On 10/9/2021 at 2:04 PM, Pepperturbo said:

My wife and her GF's play to 11-13 indexes, and they sometimes play the White tees, for sh** and giggles.  I've played in a few team events with a retired LPGA women in TX, we've played $$ games too.  She's a lot of fun to play with and against. 

That said, there are still too many males (won't call them men) that are fragile little fellas that can't handle playing with a woman that may be as good or better at the game.  Lots of them live in LA, NOCA and on the east coast.

Most 'men' in America dont live in LA or CA lolll....eating Kale and trying to keep up their figure for instagram

On 10/11/2021 at 10:04 AM, phizzy30 said:

I have 2 female friends who I grew up with since my high school days.  They went to Brentwood HS, I went to Chaminade.  They were both scratch caps back then and are + caps now.  Older sister played on the LPGA tour for a season and 3 years on what is now known as the Symetra Tour now.  Younger sister is no slouch either and has played and won quite a few national and regional amateur tournaments over the years as well.  I dated older sister for about a year so I guess that would count.  They would both kick my a** all over the course as I used to be a 2 cap at my best. 

You live in STL?

12 minutes ago, nlinneman20 said:

Most 'men' in America dont live in LA or CA lolll....eating Kale and trying to keep up their figure for instagram

Let me clarify with BOLD words, since you overlooked their inclusion.   

The short version... still too many males and Lots of them live in LA, NOCA and on the east coast.  NO where did I use the word "MOST" live in.... nor stipulate diet or reference Instagram, though there's some merit to that.   😛

You have a good day.

• Like 1
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74S
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

Interesting topic my wife played D1 college golf and some futures tour events. Plays to a +3 from the forward tees and 0 from the senior tees. Has the course record of 64 from the forward tees.

We don't play together often, but she understands course management and technique better than my normal group. There is definitely a different perspective than a normal male's game of hitting driver as much as possible and being very aggressive.

I'm an ok player, so we try to do nine and dine once in a while and the loser pays for dinner...

• Like 2

I've got mine excited to take lessons with her new clubs. I honestly wasn't sure about buying her clubs and she says it's the best gift I have gotten her. She won't ever beat me, but I want her to enjoy it.

• Like 1

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

3 hours ago, nlinneman20 said:

You live in STL?

Los Angeles.

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

On 10/20/2021 at 4:10 PM, Pepperturbo said:

Let me clarify with BOLD words, since you overlooked their inclusion.   

The short version... still too many males and Lots of them live in LA, NOCA and on the east coast.  NO where did I use the word "MOST" live in.... nor stipulate diet or reference Instagram, though there's some merit to that.   😛

You have a good day.

Like 10  of them?  100?  1,000? How many is "lots?"

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX

19 hours ago, ShowMe said:

Like 10  of them?  100?  1,000? How many is "lots?"

Really...  lol  I'll leave that to your vivid imagination.

• Haha 1
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74S
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

I’d have zero issue with it. 

I play golf with my wife all the time.  She’s not good but she loves it and is getting better.  If she ever beats me net I’ll be thrilled and if she beats me gross I am on record for being required to purchase her some very expensive jewelry.  

#motivation4two.  

• Like 3

Finally Sunday she's playing 9 with me with her new sticks. It's awesome to see her excited to play.

• Like 3

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

Encourage and embrace it. I would to see that with my wife, i know watching my daughter is exciting enough. 

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

Considering that my wife now wipes the floor with me when we play tennis, it would be a little hard to take if she was also better at golf lol. I’ll give her one or the other 🙂

In our younger days we played tennis together often, and I was decent and she was decent. I would usually “beat” her, or I would let her win a lot. But, I play tennis maybe 3 times a year now, and she plays 4-5 times a week. It’s amazing to see how much better she’s gotten. I’m lucky to get a game off of her now. 

I haven’t been fortunate enough to play much with a really good female golfer. One day at my club, though, we saw a couple play the 12th hole. The woman played from the men’s tees, and she had a beautiful swing. She was clearly very good. One of the guys shot 68 that day and thought he had the best round of the day. But nope…turns out that woman shot a 66…her name was Austin Ernst. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My wife hates playing golf, and I hate playing golf with her, so it worked out for the best. LOL

I can only imagine how fun it would be to take golf trips as a couple's vacation if my wife played and was good at it.

I imagine it would suck if your wife loved to play, but was terrible. She'd be on you all the time to play, but she's a hacker! hahahaa...

-ZA

TM SIM 9.0 with Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X

TM SIM 15 deg 3W with Project X Smoke Green S

TM SIM2 3H with Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 9X

TM M3 4H with Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 9X

TM P790 5i with KBS $-Taper 120

TM P760 6-PW with KBS $-Taper 120

TM Hi Toe 50, 55 & 60 with DG S300

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 

My wife is currently a 14.3.  Not crazy good like some notables here but good enough to hold her own and win our course's A flight a couple years ago and second the last 2 years.  Her swing is beautiful.  We always laugh when someone asks her where she played college golf.  She looses all her strokes on a few holes a round.   

I love having a wife that plays well.  Whenever we go on vacation, we always play some great courses that I have no concern what so ever her paying at.  She loves golf and the friends she has made at the course.  She plays a fair amount more than I do.  It has been impossible to try to coach her but the last year she has started to listen a little more and has been improving.  We got her fitted at TXG a couple years ago and that helped a lot.  

She's never beat me in a full round but has edged me out on a nine or two.  I think it's great.  I love seeing her play well.  I get more enjoyment from watching her hit a good golf shot than myself.  We've also done a couples mixed match play which is a lot of fun.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2021 at 5:02 PM, sgersten19 said:

Interesting topic my wife played D1 college golf and some futures tour events. Plays to a +3 from the forward tees and 0 from the senior tees. Has the course record of 64 from the forward tees.

We don't play together often, but she understands course management and technique better than my normal group. There is definitely a different perspective than a normal male's game of hitting driver as much as possible and being very aggressive.

I'm an ok player, so we try to do nine and dine once in a while and the loser pays for dinner...

My wife and I do the 9 and dine everytime they have it-- In fact done one Wednesday Afternoon---- She does not play that often and she does ok for her inexperience--- but for us it is fun and we call it a little dinner golf date

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

On 10/9/2021 at 2:54 PM, playit said:

I had a gf one time who was not only a knockout, she could really play golf! She could flat hit it long and shot in the low 80s. I absolutely love to watch a woman hit a golf ball! Anyone have a gf or wife who plays well? Brag!

I think I would actually be ok if I had a gal who beat me in golf! I'd try my best but that would be a cool problem, lol.

Have you ever noticed that female golfers never get mad and pitch a fit? I've never seen that. They certainly seem to take things in stride far better than men.

I love the PGA but I also love to watch LPGA events. Some really gorgeous swings. If gals could just putt, lol. (Seems that way to me.) I watched an LPGA tournament yesterday, it was unreal, nobody was making any short to medium length putts, it was just crazy. I suppose that is just the way it is... men have better hand/eye coordination. But women sure do have nice golf swings with much less muscle.

My buddy’s wife played high school golf, us a 12 handicap and always beats him. Pretty cool to watch honestly

Rotate the following:

Titliest TSR2 10* (@C1) Ventus TR Black 6X 

Titliest TSR2 16.5* (@A1) Fuji Speeder 8.3TS X

Titliest TSR2 21* (@A1) Fuji Atmos Blue 8X

Titliest 818H2 21* (@B3) Fuji Atmos Black 9X

Srixon ZXU 18*, ZX5 3-4, ZX7 5-PW

C-taper 125 S+ PVD Black, BBFCO "Black Ice Ice Ferrule", Pure DTX Purple Std +4 wraps

Cleveland RTX6 Raw 50*Mid Ctaper 130X, 54* Full S400 Onyx, 58* Low S400 Onyx

Mizzy MCraft VI 36.5" SS Pistol 1.0

Titliest PV1