QSeries 2021

HMHS

Even though it's an 8 rounder, the first two rounds are super important.  Ideally, players want to finish inside the Top-50 after two rounds.

Players will be regrouped after two rounds according to their scores; there'll be a winner bracket and a loser bracket.  Players on the loser bracket will have a uphill battle from third round on.

Edited by 18majors
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 18majors said:

Even though it's an 8 rounder, the first two rounds are super important.  Ideally, players want to finish inside the Top-50 after two rounds.

Players will be regrouped after two rounds according to their scores; there'll be a winner bracket and a loser bracket.  Players on the loser bracket will have a uphill battle from third round on.

I know it's still early but if this keeps up, I would have to continue following Hinako in the JLPGA and in majors only... Not looking good for her at all at this point with only a few holes to go in round 1 for her...

28 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

I know it's still early but if this keeps up, I would have to continue following Hinako in the JLPGA and in majors only... Not looking good for her at all at this point with only a few holes to go in round 1 for her...

Hinako wasn't in good form the last two JLPGA tournaments she played and it continued today.  But, I'm less concerned about her because she could turn around and make 3-4 consecutive birdies to get out of trouble.

But, I'm quite concerned for Bianca.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 1:40 PM, 18majors said:

Hinako wasn't in good form the last two JLPGA tournaments she played and it continued today.  But, I'm less concerned about her because she could turn around and make 3-4 consecutive birdies to get out of trouble.

But, I'm quite concerned for Bianca.

🤕

Edited by HMHS
reverse karma / anti jinx worked! ☺︎
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 18majors said:

I just checked the 2019 Q-Series, Bianca was +2 and +2 in the first two rounds.  So, basically she's back to her familiar spot.

Kim Kaufman shot -6 at round 1 two years ago, she ended T30.

The big difference in 2019 vs 2021 -- she's not playing her best.  I'm in no position to suggest what to correct but equipment changes, putting changes etc etc... She gotta go back to the "Drawing board".,..

She's in a "familiar" spot - but dig yourself a hole enough times and it'll be tough to get out...  

• Like 1

Atthaya snuck back into the T70 position, Hinako Shibuno was rather poor as was Bianca (literally 6 bogeys) . . . it seemed that the FC was playing a little more difficult than the CC. 

Regardless, there are three rounds left so there is still time to move up the leaderboard.  I believe Atthaya's performance is more related to fatigue and travel . . . I would expect her to advance to next week without too much difficulty.  

Bianca needs a caddie to work with her as she manages her way around the course.  She needs to focus on her shots that she is about to play, and try and play smart.  Q-Series is not about winning so much as it is a test of patience, perserverance, and a game of attrition.  

• Like 1

2021 LPGA Q-SERIESTold 

Mobile, Alabama - December 2-5, 2021 | Dothan, Alabama - December 9-12, 2021

CANADA; Selena Costabile

ROUND 1 - FALLS COURSE, RTJ MAGNOLIA GROVE

Hole 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 OUT 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 IN TOT
Par 4 3 4 4 5 3 4 4 4 35 5 3 4 3 4 4 4 4 5 36 71
Rnd 1 4 3 4 4 5 2 4 4 5 35 4 2 3 2 4 4 4 4 5 32 67
Status E E E E E -1 -1 -1 E E -1 -2 -3 -4 -4 -4 -4 -4 -4 -4 -4

Cha Ching, girl can play  Tomorrow she will dpilicate 🙂 Told you she gets hot birdies galore

4 hours ago, Supermilo said:

1) TBH, I think Bianca's pretty much "done" in this Qseries (barring miracles).......and clearly Stoll/Bianca are on the verge of going Symetra.

2) Hinako missed some close birdie putts - one clear one was the par 5 10th, so yes, she still has a chance to turn it around the next 1-2 rounds...   

1) I assume this is your attempt at reverse karma?🤣

2) So is it a must to have a WOWWOW subscrip to watch...or can I watch with my own VPN?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Golf Dino said:

Bianca needs a caddie to work with her as she manages her way around the course.  She needs to focus on her shots that she is about to play, and try and play smart.  Q-Series is not about winning so much as it is a test of patience, perserverance, and a game of attrition.  

If Bianca needs a loop to guide her with course management....... and considering she's experienced Q-Series in 2019...then IMO she doesn't belong on the LPGA and s/b Cactus tour bound.

Considering her golf experience...she should know her strengths and weaknesses to guide her through a course....when to attack and when to play conservative....and how to play away from trouble.

Bianca hasn't played on the LPGA in 2 months...if she hasn't ventured to Magnolia and Dothan and played these courses to prep herself and hopefully had someone tag along with course knowledge....then she only has herself to blame.

Edited by KBong

56 minutes ago, KBong said:

1) I assume this is your attempt at reverse karma?🤣

2) So is it a must to have a WOWWOW subscrip to watch...or can I watch with my own VPN?

@KBong : I went back to search for

(A) @Supermilo's Oct26 post w.r.t. the WoWoW
(here it is, Linked below)

(b) WoWoW seems to have a "free trial" (1 month? Not sure, via Google Translate)
https://www.wowow.co.jp/join/streaming/

WoWOW_FreeTrial_Screenshot.png

WoWOW_FreeTrial_Screenshot-JP.png

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JungleJimbo said:

@KBong : I went back to search for

(A) @Supermilo's Oct26 post w.r.t. the WoWoW
(here it is, Linked below)

(b) WoWoW seems to have a "free trial" (1 month? Not sure, via Google Translate)
https://www.wowow.co.jp/join/streaming/

WoWOW_FreeTrial_Screenshot.png

WoWOW_FreeTrial_Screenshot-JP.png

Wowow does offer free trial (when I subscribed it was longer free trial then)

Other than that I think some eager youtubers (who are in Japan) do post but after a few hours/slight delay... 

2 hours ago, Supermilo said:

Wowow does offer free trial (when I subscribed it was longer free trial then)

Other than that I think some eager youtubers (who are in Japan) do post but after a few hours/slight delay... 

@Supermilo  think I found one of those “eager Japanese youtubers” that you mentioned! ( via a search for “渋野日向子” and “古江彩佳”)

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JungleJimbo said:

@Supermilo  think I found one of those “eager Japanese youtubers” that you mentioned! ( via a search for “渋野日向子”)

yes, sometimes they even live stream them... just use key words: jlpga, live stream (for jlpga events) plus the japanese characters for hinako: 渋野 日向子...   

sometimes though they're "not very useful" -- eg they just talk over a picture (similar to your first link, for example), so gotta do some "sleuthing" to find the appropriate links (unless of course you have wowow or japan vpn, in which case, usually fuji tv shows the weekend/last day events -- heck they sometimes don't update JLPGA websites for real time scores since it's being broadcast over terrestrial TV ☺︎)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JungleJimbo said:

@Supermilo  think I found one of those “eager Japanese youtubers” that you mentioned! ( via a search for “渋野日向子” and “古江彩佳”)

if you can access, here's a better youtube:

Edited by HMHS
need Japan VPN for access, FYI
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

yes, sometimes they even live stream them... just use key words: jlpga, live stream (for jlpga events) plus the japanese characters for hinako: 渋野 日向子...   

sometimes though they're "not very useful" -- eg they just talk over a picture (similar to your first link, for example), so gotta do some "sleuthing" to find the appropriate links (unless of course you have wowow or japan vpn, in which case, usually fuji tv shows the weekend/last day events -- heck they sometimes don't update JLPGA websites for real time scores since it's being broadcast over terrestrial TV ☺︎)

@Supermilo you are a champion! 🏆 

searched for “lpga女子ゴルフツアー 2022 #最終予選会”

279AA7AA-810D-4C59-B8F5-317ED9DA2403.png

1 minute ago, JungleJimbo said:

@Supermilo you are a champion! 🏆 

searched for “lpga女子ゴルフツアー 2022 #最終予選会”

279AA7AA-810D-4C59-B8F5-317ED9DA2403.png

there ya go... shot by shot highlights...

(again, dunno if you can access with no vpn in asia but in north am, you need a japan vpn - though i really watch fuji tv, nhk tv etc anyway here so LOL)

• Like 1

Just now, Supermilo said:

there ya go... shot by shot highlights...

(again, dunno if you can access with no vpn in asia but in north am, you need a japan vpn - though i really watch fuji tv, nhk tv etc anyway here so LOL)

Needs a Japan 🇯🇵 VPN to open up those Wowow channels/Links on YouTube!

(It’s like “A whole new world!” On Youtube, with VPN 🌎 😀)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JungleJimbo said:

Needs a Japan 🇯🇵 VPN to open up those Wowow channels/Links on YouTube!

(It’s like “A whole new world!” On Youtube, with VPN 🌎😀)

haha ok they're "consistent"... one thing the highlights didn't show was the 10th hole where shibuno had a great par 5 3rd shot to close to the hole yet she missed the close birdie putt... that was one shot "given away" yesterday by her... she'll be ok (i think) for today... some of the highlights did show her misreading putts. expect her to have a better day today... (and using your method, you might be able to live stream someone filming their tv on wowow channel... so far, wowow is all chatter no coverage yet of them playing -- well, bec they're not playing yet LOL) 

In the interview of the round thereafter: shibuno alluded to misreading putts (and getting irritated/frustrated/angry as a result of it)..

Edited by HMHS
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

haha ok they're "consistent"... one thing the highlights didn't show was the 10th hole where shibuno had a great par 5 3rd shot to close to the hole yet she missed the close birdie putt... that was one shot "given away" yesterday by her... she'll be ok (i think) for today... some of the highlights did show her misreading putts. expect her to have a better day today... (and using your method, you might be able to live stream someone filming their tv on wowow channel... so far, wowow is all chatter no coverage yet of them playing -- well, bec they're not playing yet LOL) 

@Supermilo Were they complimenting (or criticising?) Shibuno Hinako’s swing, in this video?

1 minute ago, JungleJimbo said:

@Supermilo Were they complimenting (or criticising?) Shibuno Hinako’s swing, in this video?

neither really, just commenting how she managed to direct the ball (off to the right) rather than straighter (eg less to the right vs where the ball went) as a result of her more open stance... (i guess criticizing in a way - if you can call it that -- the commentators aren't really playing but rather "analyzing what she did" but not saying right nor wrong).  Shibuno did change her swing a tad after winning the open (eg 2020) which explained a bit of her "struggles" last year before finally winning a couple of times in jlpga in late 2021...

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

In the interview of the round thereafter: shibuno alluded to misreading putts (and getting irritated/frustrated/angry as a result of it)..

Without the VPN set to Japan... all I got wrt “LPGA Q-Series “ Search on Youtube = a couple 15sec highlights on putts !

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 1

• HMHS locked this topic