QSeries 2021

HMHS

8 minutes ago, 18majors said:

There're Stage III before that.  This one may rival the banner year of 2014 Q-School that produced Minjee Lee, Sei Young Kim, Ha Na Jang, Alison Lee,  Hyo Joo Kim, Ariya Jutuanugarn and Charley Hull.

You mean stage 2 right? Eg next wk... Either way, if they don't change the number of cardholders from qschool for 2022, it's going to be a tough one for the "borderlines"... I think Hinako, Atthaya easily make it but Gillman, Pagdanganan will prolly sweat it... Is Pernilla going to have to go to Qseries?

21 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

You mean stage 2 right? Eg next wk... Either way, if they don't change the number of cardholders from qschool for 2022, it's going to be a tough one for the "borderlines"... I think Hinako, Atthaya easily make it but Gillman, Pagdanganan will prolly sweat it... Is Pernilla going to have to go to Qseries?

@Supermilothanks for the reminder re Stage2 starting soon

i had to double-check/ refresh my memory, on whether Kelly Tan has to go into Stage 2 or Stage 3 (Kelly Tan currently ranked ~139? ie even Morgan Pressel is ranked higher at ~127, despite only playing 4 events in 2021?)

..CME points rankings: https://www.lpga.com/statistics/points/race-to-cme-globe-season

stage2 info: 2021-qschool-fast-facts_final.pdf?la=en&

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, JungleJimbo said:

@Supermilothanks for the reminder re Stage2 starting soon

i had to double-check/ refresh my memory, on whether Kelly Tan has to go into Stage 2 or Stage 3 (Kelly Tan currently ranked ~139? ie even Morgan Pressel is ranked higher at ~127, despite only playing 4 events in 2021?)

..CME points rankings: https://www.lpga.com/statistics/points/race-to-cme-globe-season

stage2 info: 2021-qschool-fast-facts_final.pdf?la=en&

Kelly doesn't need to go stage 2... But definitely will do last stage...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Supermilo said:

These are the hardest tickets in town.

There'll be only 30-40 players advance to play Q-Series out of almost 200 highly qualified players.  Yuka Saso was knocked out during this round in 2019 and Yealimi Noh survived only with a final round -8.

Edited by 18majors
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, 18majors said:

These are the hardest tickets in town.

There'll be only 25-35 players qualified to play Q-Series out of almost 250 highly qualified players.  Yuka Saso was knocked out during this round in 2019 and Yealimi Noh survived only with a final round -8.

LOL.

Talented yes...but highly qualified??????

If The Invisible Woman had any conscience...she'd limit the number of players in this scam (Stage 1 & 2).....giving false belief that many can make a living playing golf on the LPGA...while draining the player's and their parent's bank accounts and taking out 2nd mortgages.

Stage 1 & 2 with the 100's of qualifier participants is a huge cash cow for the LPGA.

I'm rooting for Gina Kim to advance.

I think Egghead & Tim Cook's Poster Child  and POSER Pano's may not advance and their 15 minutes of fame have EXPIRED.

At least Lucy can hope for Chief Marketing Officer's role at Breyers....post golf.

spacer.png

Edited by KBong

40 minutes ago, KBong said:

I think Egghead & Tim Cook's Poster Child  and POSER Pano's may not advance and their 15 minutes of fame have EXPIRED.

Not sure who the players are that you've referenced in the first two, but Alexa Pano already knows that she is not permitted to play Stage 3 as an underage player.  

From the Palm Beach Post:

“We respect the commissioner’s letter because it was so transparent,” said Pano’s father, Rick, also her caddie. “The commissioner said it’s only in rare situations they would grant the exemption.”

Her dad said the plan is for Pano to still play Stage II of the LQT held Oct. 21-24 in Venice at Plantation Golf and Country Club to get more experience. Pano celebrated her 17th birthday Friday.

Rick Pano said under golf’s new rules, his daughter can hire an agent and start receiving endorsements – yet keep her amateur status. Pano would likely remain an amateur to play in the Augusta National Women’s Amateur one final time and then turn pro.

35 minutes ago, Golf Dino said:

Not sure who the players are that you've referenced in the first two, but Alexa Pano already knows that she is not permitted to play Stage 3 as an underage player.  

From the Palm Beach Post:

LOL....my cryptic messages aren't that difficult to decipher....ask @Argonne69 for help...lol.

Just try to solve @fanofseri messages...they are a REAL challenge.

Seriously...who is gonna throw money at POSER Pano..she's edging closer to #100 in WAGR ....now at #90....a far cry from the top 10.

OK...OK...if Rick hire's BJ as Alexa's agent then yes...I do see hope.

He conned many people years ago....hello Nike, Sony, Kia, etc etc....the guy is a marketing genius and SUPER shill.

• Haha 1

7 Mexicans in the field, hopefully 3-4 advance and a couple get their card. Knowing the psyche of some of these players they’ll probably crash and burn. Hope springs eternal. I think Regina Plasencia has led or co-led 4-5 times going into the final round of a Symetra event including once where she led by  3-4 only to end up with a snowman and a breadstick. 

2 players from Guatemala, now that is something to see. If one of them earns a card watch out, they’ll have easy sponsorships. There is also a huge Guatemalan immigrant population in the US who get behind everything a Guatemalan does that is perceived a success (whether it is or not). 

4 players of Black/African heritage (Averyhardt, Uwadia, Howard and Abe). If a couple advance and end up earning their cards, the LPGA could have a field day. 

Same for Gabby Lemieux, the only Native American player on the Symetra tour. 

@KBong Know much about Samantha Richdale? She is from kelowna (sp)? Years ago I could have sworn I read she was from a First Nation but can’t find any info confirming that.

Few Koreans in the field, however they usually qualify by winning a major or the LPGA event in Korea. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fredogolfer said:

Few Koreans in the field, however they usually qualify by winning a major or the LPGA event in Korea. 

A handful have gotten their cards through Q-Series. Lucky 6 was one of the recent ones, and went on to win RoY.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

55 minutes ago, fredogolfer said:

@KBong Know much about Samantha Richdale? She is from kelowna (sp)? Years ago I could have sworn I read she was from a First Nation but can’t find any info confirming that.

I have seen Samantha at a CWO and some women Cdn Tour events.

She is Eurasian.....I believe her mom is Japanese???

Yes, she is from Kelowna.....a very popular vacation and golf destination....IMO....golf in Kelowna is quite expensive and overpriced.

3 hours ago, KBong said:

Yes, she is from Kelowna.....a very popular vacation and golf destination....IMO....golf in Kelowna is quite expensive and overpriced.

That's because they charge you the Vancouver guest rate! 🤣   Tell them you are a local and you get the local rate.  I still have mail from an old address in the interior, including Kelowna and it works everytime . . . from Osoyoos all the way to Kamloops. 😄 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, KBong said:

LOL....my cryptic messages aren't that difficult to decipher....ask @Argonne69 for help...lol.

So ... who is this "egghead" and Apple Poster Child that you reference?  To be honest, I cannot keep up with all of your little nicknames for everyone.  It is daunting and overwhelming at times . . . and I've followed the LPGA more or less since the year that Nancy Lopez came on tour and won ROY/POY.

15 hours ago, 18majors said:

A player to watch is 16 years old Xiaowen Yin from China.

Yin was born December 8, 2004, she's 3 months younger than Alexa Pano.  Her resume is a bit like Rose Zhang, she played China LPGA three times this year and won twice.

She ranks #7 on World Amateur Golf Ranking.

I’m curious what Xiaowen Yin is trying to get out of Stage II? She’s too young to be qualified for Q Series. Just like Pano. 

If she ends up in the top 45, she’s qualified for the Symetra Tour next season? 

55 minutes ago, Medson said:

If she ends up in the top 45, she’s qualified for the Symetra Tour next season? 

Every player who finishes four rounds of Stage II is qualified to play Symetra Tour in 2022; just in different Priority Categories.

She won't advance to Q-Series even if she finishes as the medalist at Stage II, just like Nelly Korda in 2015.  Her plan is basically to play four rounds and play Symetra Tour in 2022.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 6:06 PM, KBong said:

At least Lucy can hope for Chief Marketing Officer's role at Breyers....post golf.

spacer.png

@Golf Dino

Considering you've been a LPGA since 1978.....you still need to connect the dots.

Pretend this Jeopardy with hints within the clue.

All the info is within the above to guess who the three people in question are.

Hint: many articles in early 2019 will help you figure out all three.

🤣

2 hours ago, 18majors said:

Every player who finishes four rounds of Stage II is qualified to play Symetra Tour in 2022; just in different Priority Categories.

She won't advance to Q-Series even if she finishes as the medalist at Stage II, just like Nelly Korda in 2015.  Her plan is basically to play four rounds and play Symetra Tour in 2022.

Thank you for the clarification. You mentioned that Yin was born December 8, 2004. Hence, even if she finishes top 25 in Symetra Tour next season, she is still not qualified for LPGA promotion because she won't be 18 by end of next Symetra Tour season? 

19 hours ago, 18majors said:

A player to watch is 16 years old Xiaowen Yin from China.

Yin was born December 8, 2004, she's 3 months younger than Alexa Pano.  Her resume is a bit like Rose Zhang, she played China LPGA three times this year and won twice.

She ranks #7 on World Amateur Golf Ranking.

So how are Yin's and Zhang's resumes similar?

I don't think Zhang has won on a pro tour?

I didn't know anything about Yin until posted about her...so has Yin played and performed well in top Am events that Zhang has participated in?

One similarity I noticed when I just did a Google on Yin is that both Zhang and Yin wear a Cally hat.

Nice to hear that Yin has potential and I might be able to cheer for a fellow country woman if she makes it to the LPGA one day.

23 minutes ago, Medson said:

Thank you for the clarification. You mentioned that Yin was born December 8, 2004. Hence, even if she finishes top 25 in Symetra Tour next season, she is still not qualified for LPGA promotion because she won't be 18 by end of next Symetra Tour season? 

A player needs to be 18 years old by January 1, 2023 to play 2023 LPGA.  Yin will be 18 on December 8, 2022.

Yes, Yin will play 2023 LPGA; most likely by a promotion from 2022 Symetra season.

Nice to see Gina was within the "featured" story earlier today on the GC website.

I'm rooting for Gina along with others this week.

I saw Gina, Yealimi and Dylan Kim in the last group in the last rd at the 2018 Cdn women's Am.

Unfortunately, Dylan has kinda fell off the golf radar nowadays...she was an invite (maybe a couple of times) at the LPGA Walmart event....Dylan is a Razorback and grad.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/lpga-qschools-second-stage-loaded-college-and-soontobe-pro-talent

1 hour ago, 18majors said:

One thing is for sure, she needs to get out of China to further her golf career.  

The Chinese gov't is trying to curb golf in China.

The courses there cater to the uber rich or rich golfing vacationers.

Only the rich can afford to get their children 'trained'/instructed for golf, etc....and to fund their kids to venture to the US for golf academies...those academies are very expensive.

I believe Shanshan's dad is a director??? or something within a golf association or federation in China.

Let's face it....looks matter....if Jenny Money had a better 'appearance" there would be more exposure and money behind her.

Look at Muni...her dad sent her to Canada and the US to get her out of China.

Lily use to play locally here in 2012 at Swaneset...I never heard of her...in a way....TonyJ kinda 'discovered' Muni...he snapped a picture of her at the range in Lancaster at the 2015 USWO and posted it to his blog...he kinda a broke the internet for a couple of hours for all the DROOLER's.

Even though there are close to 1.5 billion people in China....it won't be a force in golf...UNLESS the Chinese government wants to put the money into a golf program to produce high level golfers.

The Asian country to challenge S. Korea...but will still remain a distance 2nd in women's golf .....is Thailand...but we already know that.

I think Yin is in a golf academy in FLA???...so she needs to take a short drive to Orlando to that retired Swedish pro's house for a specially formulated ENHANCEMENT program.....then YIn will be UNBEATABLE. 🤣

28 minutes ago, KBong said:

I think Yin is in a golf academy in FLA

I don't think so.  She's never been out of China since the pandemic broke during Q4, 2019.

The only time she played outside of China was when she's 14.  She played three junior events in the US, Japan and Canada in the summer of 2019.

Edited by 18majors

29 minutes ago, 18majors said:

I don't think so.  She's never been out of China since the pandemic broke during Q4, 2019.

The only time she played outside of China was when she's 14.  She played three junior events in the US, Japan and Canada in the summer of 2019.

I assume this is the same Yin???.....seems like she was in Lake Mary, FLA...a suburb north of Orlando.

Seems like the link is from 2019...so ya...not surprised she went back to China during the pandemic and hasn't left.

Ya gotta LAUGH at the Chinese and all their lies....basically no Covid infections or deaths for a very very long time with 1.5B people.

FWIW...the Olympic torch is on it's way to Beijing.

I was in China  for a Beijing/Shanghai area vacation in 2011....our tour group stopped by the Bird's Nest and Ice Cube.

With no maintenance the Bird's Nest was rusting and falling apart back then..... only 3 years after the Olympics...I don't know if it's still falling apart.

Lots of people selling souvenirs by the Bird's Nest...I bought an Olympic Gold medal for only $1.50🤣

The area was unkept and dirty...the many porta potties were disgusting...shameful considering it's a tourist area,

I assume the area is being cleaned up because of the 2022 Winter Olympics.

I did enjoy Beijing....a lot of history and sightseeing.

Oh ya..the air wasn't polluted the 3 days we were there...sunny & 75*F each day...we lucked out.

https://www.amateurgolf.com/players/xiaowenyin

• HMHS locked this topic