QSeries 2021

HMHS

On China, what puzzles me is that they have the China Tour for men's... and Haotong Li has kinda vanished into thin air.  What happened to him?

On the women's, I agree with your views since, well, I have no other better ideas as I don't really follow much of the Chinese golfers -- there's just too many countries -- Ill stick with my niche in some Southeast Asian countries along with the Aussie faves LOL. (I'll leave the Canadians to all of you here -- Brooke, Alena, and even Jaclyn - I like Jaclyn the best truth be told, so I'm rooting for her in Stage 2 ☺︎) 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 18majors said:

He is still playing European Tour, just didn't play well.  His ranking has sunk to #467.

His career would be 180 degree different, had he won 2020 PGA Championship!

Ya...Li was on GC coverage a while ago.

BUT

Li will be most famous for this.

We all know the Chinese can be...well.... let's just say FRUGAL....but this is ridiculous.

All this for a broken shaft and putter grip.

Hatton and Pieters are so funny laughing.

We know Li's mom is not Korean...no short skort, pantyhose or knee highs.

LUV the Chinese...they are SO FUNNY.

38 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

(I'll leave the Canadians to all of you here -- Brooke, Alena, and even Jaclyn - I like Jaclyn the best truth be told, so I'm rooting for her in Stage 2 ☺︎) 

Ya I kinda like Jaclyn too...but I'm not sure of any long term LPGA success.

I've never been a fanboy of any LPGA Canuck gal....I don't like Lorie Kane.

Rebecca Lee Bentham is cute and wears knee highs...but she's kinda a POSER.

I knows it's not golf...but if I'm gonna fanboy a Canuck gal...it's Leylah Fernandez at this time...she's a bit of a DRAMA QUEEN that's why I like her.....but I'm not convinced she'll be a premier tennis star.

I don't like Bianca A.

Oh wait...I like Eugene Bouchard...but she's now a F/T POSER.

I also like Carling Bassett.

My all time fav tennis gal is Tracy Austin...she's still kinda a SMOKESHOW.

5 minutes ago, KBong said:

Now there is both a "blast from the past" and a way of making yourself feel old!  🙋‍♂️ . . . hands up for all those that were alive and can remember watching Tracey Austin play as a 16 year old phenom?  . . . which was unheard of in those days, but was precursor of what was to come in both Tennis and Golf.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, KBong said:

She struggled the past year and a bit (2019 - 2020) with a very problematic wrist injury.  She essentially had to rebuild her swing in order to avoid future injury and she has not been as effective since.  

Will she get it back?  I certainly hope so . . . she is wonderful person and has the tenacity of a tiger (is there such a metaphor?).    Anyway, I refer to her as my "moy-moy" or "may-may" which essentially means "little sister" and hope she can regain her status for more regular play.

Here is her story, including her injury --   http://bit.ly/JaclynLee 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 18majors said:

Got to admire Yealimi Noh, who turned pro in 2019 as a 17 years old, without any status on any tour:

WTH....there's a LPGA event this week and not one article from Beth on the BMW???....Hello McFly Beth...and yes...STOP your laughing.

Ya it's lonely...but it's called a JOB and that loneliness comes with the territory when ya travel a lot for your career.

I'm sure there are many here like myself who travelled quite a bit for work...spending the day in the branch/office, meeting with customers and staff in another city...many times eating alone at night and then catching up on work until 11pm-1am back in the hotel only to rinse and repeat or fly out to another city for the week.

Things worth doing are never easy....it's the big leagues.....the LPGA....no more time for giggles.

Many gals wish for the loneliness if it meant playing in the big league...the LPGA.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Golf Dino said:

Now there is both a "blast from the past" and a way of making yourself feel old!  🙋‍♂️ . . . hands up for all those that were alive and can remember watching Tracey Austin play as a 16 year old phenom?  . . . which was unheard of in those days, but was precursor of what was to come in both Tennis and Golf.

I am old...old as DIRT.

I remember fanboying Judy Rankin down in Portland...I said to her.....the last time I saw her was in 1980 at St' Georges in Toronto.

She said..."let's keep it quiet as it's AGING us"🤣

I'm a big Judy fanboy...she's still kinda HAWT.🤣...one of my best LPGA pics is with Judy back in 2013....I got her to sign the pic.

I'm gonna cry the day Judy retires and I have to listen to Giggles Paige and Motor Mouth Stupples more often and my mute button has been acting up lately...just sayin.

Edited by KBong
  • Like 4

Gabriela is in a good position. 

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

On 10/20/2021 at 6:01 PM, KBong said:

I've never been a fanboy of any LPGA Canuck gal....I don't like Lorie Kane.

Rebecca Lee Bentham is cute and wears knee highs...but she's kinda a POSER.

I knows it's not golf...but if I'm gonna fanboy a Canuck gal...it's Leylah Fernandez at this time...she's a bit of a DRAMA QUEEN that's why I like her.....but I'm not convinced she'll be a premier tennis star.

I don't like Bianca A.

Oh wait...I like Eugene Bouchard...but she's now a F/T POSER.

My all time fav tennis gal is Tracy Austin...she's still kinda a SMOKESHOW.

I love Tracy’s voice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seamus_McDuff said:

I’m surprised there aren’t more known LET players in Stage II. Has someone like Olivia Cowan already given up on making the LPGA?

Maybe some bypass and qualify for Q-Series and the ones who need to play Stage I or II...know they don't have the game to make it to the LPGA and that's why they just play the LET.

Does anyone know the cut line or how many advance? I noticed a few Symetra players who didn’t have bad years. Does Symetra start here and LPGA players who lost their card go straight to Stage 3?

I feel like Kim Kaufman has played in every LPGA & Symetra Tour event. 

What’s really surprising to me is how few of the social media starlets you see. So many of them have things like “LPGA bound” “future LPGA” and stuff like that. Even “professional golfer” but have no status on any tour. Is it just a social media and “I can say I’m a pro” thing?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mallrat said:

Does anyone know the cut line or how many advance? I noticed a few Symetra players who didn’t have bad years. Does Symetra start here and LPGA players who lost their card go straight to Stage 3?

What’s really surprising to me is how few of the social media starlets you see. So many of them have things like “LPGA bound” “future LPGA” and stuff like that. Even “professional golfer” but have no status on any tour. Is it just a social media and “I can say I’m a pro” thing?

@mallrat: In theFAQ for Q-series, it mentions "Qualifiers from Stage II (minimum of Top 30 and ties; final number TBD prior to the start of Stage II)" will advance to the Final Stage (StageIII) of Q-series

..Details in Page 5 of this PDF: https://www.lpga.com/-/media/files/qualifying-tournament/2021/2021-qschool-fast-facts_final.pdf?la=en&hash=82391C494E71A84019D5459DAD819563235CF5BD

2021-qschool-fast-facts_final.pdf?la=en&

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mallrat said:

Agreed, I think its the allure of saying I’m a pro. One of the social media starlets lives in my area and has never advanced out of stage I but on her account you’d think she’s playing events every week and training hard to get to the next level. She’s never been on big break or anything similar but have seen her mentioned in other forums and some magazines and she’s talked about like she’s getting ready to break out yet she’s over 30 at this point.

Another player would always say on her account “LPGA Bound” but only received 4 sponsors invites in her career and then said golf for competition was damaging to her mental health and quit playing on a high level. It isn’t hard to figure out that you can be LPGA bound and compete on the All Pro Tour, various state open, Cactus Tour, eggland’s best tour to at least gain experience. Hard to be LPGA bound when you’re not competing at all unless you plan on working at HQ. 

There is a local tour where the prize money breakdown is $1,500 for the winner, $675 for 2nd, $500 for third, $300 for 4th, $250 for 5th and $100 for 6th so obviously not making a living but anyone can pay their $50 entry fee and compete, so I could say I’m a pro if I play in one of these events. I thinks it as simple as that in a lot of cases.

You’re right though, there are players like Daniela Darquea who unless they have a couple of amazing rounds are likely going to be relegated back to the Symetra Tour even when they played a full-slate of LPGA events.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 18majors said:

The twin Yin's from China did well today.  Rouning shot -7 and leads the tournament at -10; Xiaowen shot -3 and moves to inside Top-20 at -3.

Karis Davison moves up with -4 and is -5 and inside Top-10; Vivian Yu-Chiang Hou shot -6 to reach -3 and is in good position.

Yu-Chiang is the only Arizona Wildcat in so far... Stoll and YuSang need to hustle.  Lakereber Abe (Bama anchor in NCAA that lost to Haley in the team competition) and Daniela Darquea unfortunately are probably out of the running...

Rooting for Abby Arevalo to make it to round 3 and join her compatriots Bianca and Dottie ☺︎ ... Doubtful Pauline can make the grade and even if she does, I dunno if she has the firepower to keep up in Stage 3...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 18majors said:

The twin Yin's from China did well today.  Rouning shot -7 and leads the tournament at -10; Xiaowen shot -3 and moves to inside Top-20 at -3.

Unless you're jacking around....how could they be TWINS?

Rouning is 19 and Xiaowen is 16.

Are they even sisters?...if yes..one might think the below article would mention that 2 sisters are competing and doing ok/well after 36 holes.

Nice to see my fellow countrywomen and The Great People of China playing well.

And once the Zhangster accepts the "Yani Offer" along with these two....China will DOMINATE the LPGA.🤣

Jenny Money who?🤣

Go China Go!

LUV the Chinese...especially in these days of Asian racism.

https://www.symetratour.com/news/2021/without-blemish-ruoning-yin-races-to-36--hole-advantage

https://www.apgc.online/news/historic-triumph-for-15-year-old-amateur-yin-xiaowen

Edited by KBong

34 minutes ago, Medson said:

@KBong, the Yins are not related. Ruoning is from Yunan (southwest China), Xiaowen is from Tianjin (northeast China). 

Ya...there's likely only 20M+ people in China with the last name Yin.🤣

I suspect @18majors was intoxicated drinking heavily when he said the Yin's were twins because his gal pal, Yealimi,  was CHOKING/GAGGING at +2 or T71 after 36 holes.

He might have been drinking with @MagicClassic407...as Castren is cellar dwelling and near DFL this week.🤣

spacer.png

• Haha 1

I'm surprised Top-45 and ties will advance to the Q-Series.

We've already have 73 players qualified for Q-Series assuming 38 from LPGA #101-150, 25 from Symetra #11-35, 4 from LET #1-5 and 6 from Rolex Top-75.

The field will be about 120 when players advanced from Stage II are included.  It'll be a challenge given the short daylight at that time of the year.

• HMHS locked this topic