QSeries 2021

HMHS

3 hours ago, Medson said:

It looks like both Pano and Xiaowen Yin will make the top 45 and will not be eligible to advance to Q Series due to age. 

I am assuming both will take Symetra Tour membership in 2022. 

If they do decide to join the Symetra tour....Xiaowen better start s*cking up to Rick...so she can travel with them...Rick acting as her chaperone and more importantly...to share the cost of those Motel 6 stays....not much money to be made on the Symetra unless Xiaowen starts shilling the LOVELY Meng Wanzhou and obtain a Huawei sponsorship to offset travel costs....Xiaowen in return can help capture some intelligence on how and where Huawei can set up their 5G network in the US.🤣

3 hours ago, Medson said:

It looks like both Pano and Xiaowen Yin will make the top 45 and will not be eligible to advance to Q Series due to age. 

I don't have an issue with a minimum age to play golf on a professional tour.

The joke and contradiction is that both are too young to play on the LPGA tour (a pro tour) in 2022...yet are eligible to play the Symetra tour (a pro tour) in 2022.

If Mollie decides to work and come out from under her rock...IMO...she should just change the policy that any registrant to Stage 1, Stage II or Q-Series be 18 on the date that Stage 1 begins.

46 minutes ago, 18majors said:

Are you kidding, Alexa will be loaded from Day 1 with all kinds of endorsement.

As a Chinese Canadian, it's a shame that you don't know how big Xiaowen Yin is in China.  I wouldn't be talking about her from Day 1 if she's a nobody.

Every country has their national sporting heroes, that doesn’t mean they’re any good currently on a global stage.

Edited by fredogolfer
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, 18majors said:

Are you kidding, Alexa will be loaded from Day 1 with all kinds of endorsement.

As a Chinese Canadian, it's a shame that you don't know how big Xiaowen Yin is in China.  I wouldn't be talking about her from Day 1 if she's a nobody.

To each their own and their money...but I wouldn't be backing POSER Pano at this time.

The only thing Chinese in Van City I care about.... is finally going out for dim sum recently, going to my fav Chinese slop house for take-out ($6.95 two topping on rice), bumping into and chatting with the 90%+ Chinese shoppers at Costco...yes I was stupid to go to Costco on a rainy Sat afternoon yesterday and waiting in all the OUTRAGEOUS line ups.....the only parking I could find was 300 yards away from the entrance...WTF......and reading the news on the LOVELY Ming Wanzhou.🤣

I don't look up on anything on the CLPGA and rarely the WAGR....would rather play golf instead...ASSUMING it doesn't RAIN...which hasn't been the case for the last 4 weeks....WTF.

I'm a FAKE Chinese....a Chinese with a Canuck passport...a BANANA....all my HS friends still see me as a WHITE BOY.🤣

2 hours ago, fredogolfer said:

What did I say would happen to the Mexicans? 7 started the week, only 1 advances to Q Series to join Fernanda Lira qualified from the Symetra Tour.  The country of Paraguay (7 million) have 2 advance to Q series. Lots of players who had been proclaimed Rookie of the Year next year(Mehaffey, Ruffels) , did not

advance. 

Players like Daniela Darquea and Kim Kaufman return to the Symetra Tour full-time and not necessarily with the best status. 

Mexico s*cks🤣

Canada >>>>> Mexico

Five Canuck enter Stage 2...three exit to play Q-Series.

14 hours ago, Medson said:

Really happy to see 2 players I'm very close with, Virginia Elena Carta & Alexa Pano play well.

Virginia , a brilliant student, took time off from golf to secure advanced degree in Europe. Was close to being Rhodes Scholar. Just an exceptional person, and talented player.

Saw Alexa about 2 months ago when she stopped by CCNC to practice. She was candid in explaining that she threw 2021 away to make numerous  changes in all parts of her golf game, choosing now instead of as adult. She predicted she would do well in Stage 2. Watching her practice, ridiculous. Serious talent.

• Like 3

for those "interested" and can do so -- follow Qseries on live streaming at WOWOW TV... (not a joke) - now whether they cover the others or just Shibuno's flight remains to be seen (i think only her flight, if you ask me)

Addendum: Ayake Furue is also heading to QSeries 

Edited by HMHS
added: Ayaka Furue (though Shibuno is clearly more well known)
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

for those "interested" and can do so -- follow Qseries on live streaming at WOWOW TV... (not a joke) - now whether they cover the others or just Shibuno's flight remains to be seen (i think only her flight, if you ask me)

Thanks @Supermilo

in addition to shibuno ... is there also a reference to “Furue (Ayako? Ayaka!)” in that tweet 🐣?

https://www.rolexrankings.com/players/7247

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 18majors said:

@Medson

Alexa Pano

“I think right now my game plan is still amateur,” said Pano, who closed with a 67 to finish at 9 under for the tournament."

Glad you seem to be ok and not drinking so early in the day, now that your gal pal, Nelly lost her #1 ranking to the FUTURE of women's golf...JIN YOUNG KO.

So will Nelly show up in a Squid Game costume with a Q-Cells visor when she makes her BIG announcement on Oct 31 in LA?🤣

1 hour ago, Supermilo said:

Addendum: Ayake Furue is also heading to QSeries 

I'm not surprised with this.

I assume you have attended LPGA events and seen a golf cart roaming around with someone with a camera filming and following the Japanese LPGA pros...this group also did post rd interviews with the Japanese LPGA pros too.

In the past they were working for NHK.

12 minutes ago, KBong said:

Glad you seem to be ok and not drinking so early in the day, now that your gal pal, Nelly lost her #1 ranking to the FUTURE of women's golf...JIN YOUNG KO.

So will Nelly show up in a Squid Game costume with a Q-Cells visor when she makes her BIG announcement on Oct 31 in LA?🤣

Interesting, Alexa will play Symetra Tour so she can be promoted to LPGA; but, she won't bother to pick up those $18,000 - $30,000 winning checks.

"The rich are different, they've more money."

Edited by 18majors

47 minutes ago, 18majors said:

Interesting, Alexa will play Symetra Tour so she can be promoted to LPGA; but, she won't bother to pick up those $18,000 - $30,000 winning checks.

"The rich are different, they've more money."

LMAO...you are so funny.

Fawning over all these young gals claiming them to be the next LPGA superstar.

spacer.png

Winning on the Symetra isn't a sure thing.

A WRX member wrote years ago that even Ariya wasn't a sure thing to successfully LPGA Monday qualify against a bunch of scrubs prior to her joining the LPGA....he wasn't wrong.

And Pano is no Ariya.

If Pano is so great then why is she ranked #93 in WAGR???...ya ya....she said she's been working on some swing changes...but a slide that far is SIGNIFICANT.

So what has Pano's highest WAGR been in the past?

Proven LPGA stars have always consistently stayed in the top 10 WAGR rankings when they made it....and mainly stay top 5.

Rich???...I assuming Rick is carrying a heavy debt  load....travelling and funding Alexa's golf for many years already...unless Rick has already made his pot of gold...but I'm not so sure about this.

Unless Rick has shilled many people to already 'invest' back up Alexa.

You give the impression you've got some coin...why not be a Pano "investor"???..... as you believe she's a SUPERSTAR IN THE MAKING.....you'll get a great ROI for your money.

With the new Am rulings...so what's Pano waiting for from these big endorsements?...LOL.

Edited by KBong

1 hour ago, KBong said:

I'm not surprised with this.

I assume you have attended LPGA events and seen a golf cart roaming around with someone with a camera filming and following the Japanese LPGA pros...this group also did post rd interviews with the Japanese LPGA pros too.

In the past they were working for NHK.

no I’m not surprised in the JLPGA sense.  Heck Hideki would be wondering why only 1 network LOL.    This is actually good (for me) since QSeries in the past were not covered -- heck the leaderboard updated so slow then... 

1 hour ago, 18majors said:

Please read the rule carefully; you sound like a fool! 

Seems to me the rules now allow for endorsements to Am's:

"The USGA and R&A announced Monday proposals to the rules of amateur status in golf, one of which would allow endorsements to amateur players.

Citing a need to modernize the current system, the governing bodies tweaked a series of provisions in the sport while adhering to the principles that constitute amateur status. Some of the notable proposed changes include:

-Eliminate all sponsorship-related restrictions.

-Remove any restrictions on how an amateur may benefit from his or her name, image or likeness, including but not limited to the receipt of expenses."

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/usga-ra-amateurs-rules-change-2021

Edited by KBong

13 minutes ago, KBong said:

Seems to me the rules now allow for endorsements to Am's:

"The USGA and R&A announced Monday proposals to the rules of amateur status in golf, one of which would allow endorsements to amateur players.

Citing a need to modernize the current system, the governing bodies tweaked a series of provisions in the sport while adhering to the principles that constitute amateur status. Some of the notable proposed changes include:

-Eliminate all sponsorship-related restrictions.

-Remove any restrictions on how an amateur may benefit from his or her name, image or likeness, including but not limited to the receipt of expenses."

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/usga-ra-amateurs-rules-change-2021

"The changes above are not official, as there will be a public feedback period starting with this announcement to March 26. The hope is for the proposed changes to go into effect Jan. 1, 2022."

• HMHS locked this topic