2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

QSeries 2021

HMHS

50 minutes ago, 18majors said:

@Lobby

Maja Stark, who failed to qualify for Q-Series from Stage II, also came out short through LET order of merit.  Maja finished #6.  She actually has the highest points per tournament because she only played six tournaments.  

She should feel encouraged though, she's still young (will be 22 in two weeks) and she's shown she's what it takes to succeed.

at least tried to "rally" her way in Costa Del Sol... but again, came up short... 

This is such a deep field, it's fighting to the end for Top-20 and ties.

Notable players:

LPGA:            Celine Herbin, Andrea Lee, Dottie Ardina, Anne van Dam, Mi Hyang Lee, Kristin Gillman, Klara Spilkova,                                              Bianca Pagdanganan, Linnea Strom, Haley Moore, Kelly Tan, Nuria Iturrioz

Symetra:        Bailey Tardy, Isi Gabsa, Sierra Brooks, Yae Eun Hong, Meghan MacLaren, Frida Kinhult

Stage II:         Pauline Roussin-Bouchard, Hyo Joon Jang, Ruoning Yin, Linn Grant, Jaclyn Lee, Maddie Szeryk (for @KBong)

Rolex:             Hinako Shibuno, Ayaka Furue, Emily Kristine Pedersen, Hye Jin Choi, Na Rin An

LET:               Atthaya Thitikul, Pia Babnik, Stephanie Kyriacou

Edited by 18majors
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 18majors said:

Maddie Szeryk (for @KBong)

Quit trying to justify your comment that Canada has top players who will make it to the LPGA.🤣

So Maddie played well at Stage II....big deal...as I said..she won $7800 in 18 events on the Symetra tour in 2021.

So did you hype Hilary Lunke in 2003 when she beat pros like Annika, etc when she found lightening in a bottle for 1 week at Pumpkin Ridge?

There's no one in the pipeline here in Canada being hyped at this point to be a PGA or LPGA star.

As a nation....we haven't had a great record for producing great golf stars....especially when one compares us to Australia....a country with a similar population.

Canada

2 LPGA majors

1 PGA major

Australia 

12 LPGA majors

16 PGA majors

Maybe Golf Canada can hire Mollie as a consultant to "listen and to observe" for areas of improvement.🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 18majors said:

Notable players:

LPGA:            Celine Herbin, Andrea Lee, Dottie Ardina, Anne van Dam, Mi Hyang Lee, Kristin Gillman, Klara Spilkova,                                              Bianca Pagdanganan, Linnea Strom, Haley Moore, Kelly Tan, Nuria Iturrioz

Symetra:        Bailey Tardy, Isi Gabsa, Sierra Brooks, Yae Eun Hong, Meghan MacLaren, Frida Kinhult

Stage II:         Pauline Roussin-Bouchard, Hyo Joon Jang, Ruoning Yin, Linn Grant, Jaclyn Lee, Maddie Szeryk (for @KBong)

Rolex:             Hinako Shibuno, Ayaka Furue, Emily Kristine Pedersen, Hye Jin Choi, Na Rin An

Anybody want to try and guess who the player who is supposed to do well but won't will be?

2 minutes ago, 18majors said:

Do you have anyone in mind, and why?

By the way, I can't wait to see the Entries List in one or two days!

Not from this round. Sadly like you, I can't even see who is in officially. There always seems to be one player who is really hyped, almost a shoo in to get their card and then they do pretty poorly. A couple of times it was Mel Reid, one time she finished almost last. 

32 minutes ago, fredogolfer said:

There always seems to be one player who is really hyped, almost a shoo in to get their card and then they do pretty poorly.

I've got you, I remember you commented about Gabriela Ruffels, when she failed to advance out of Stage II.

I's disappointed that Gabriela didn't do better, but wasn't totally surprised by her Stage II performance.  Gabriela did very well at LPGA tournaments as an amateur, but hasn't done well for about six months after she turned professional earlier this year.

Golf is hard, it isn't a team sport.  All players face mental challenges alone when they don't do well.

Edited by 18majors

7 hours ago, 18majors said:

Notable players:

Babnik’s not playing

1 hour ago, 18majors said:

I've got you, I remember you commented about Gabriela Ruffels, when she failed to advance out of Stage II.

I's disappointed that Gabriela didn't do better, but wasn't totally surprised by her Stage II performance.  Gabriela did very well at LPGA tournaments as an amateur, but hasn't done well for about six months after she turned professional earlier this year.

Golf is hard, it isn't a team sport.  All players face mental challenges alone when they don't do well.

It certainly is and unfortunately, in the pursuit of money, many players careers are ruined. Not sure, if you're into tennis but Tracy Austin who was a former phenom and had to retire likely due to injuries caused by pushing it too hard, too soon has said that she has no problems with teens turning pro but they need to "level-up." If they're winning all the 16 level division tournaments place them among the 18 year olds, if they start winning all the 18 year old events, turn pro or move them to college, if they win everything in college then they're ready to turn pro. Too often a 15 year old wins an event, does ok in a few other events and they're deemed the next big thing. Just because a player isn't Lexi or Brooke by the time they're 16 doesn't mean they won't have a great career. 

On Peacock during the 12th hole coverage, I forget who they had on there but his opinion was that even too many college players were turning pro too early and that the list of players who turned pro while in college and were beating everyone left and right was short if not almost non-existent. 

Lydia is talking about retiring by the time she's 30 and that indirectly gives the impression to many that if you aren't retiring by 30 you can't be a successful golfer, not saying you should be Laura Davies and keep playing full-time until you're no longer physically able to. In fact, in any other profession, 30 is when you're starting to hit your stride, no reason that shouldn't be the case for a golfer who's taken time to hone their craft, become more well-rounded, graduate college etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 18majors said:

I would add that maybe she shouldn't have entered q-school. So many of the articles I read said "she missed Q-Series by 1 shot, well if you're depending on margins and on others mistakes to make it to have a chance to qualify, maybe it isn't your time. There is such a rush in everything nowadays, in big part to the IMGs of the world. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 18majors said:

Yes, you’re right.  She indicated she’d play LET next season on her Instagram.

I wonder whether it’s because she missed the age deadline by one day?

@18majors “...missed the age deadline by one day...”(!)

More info please! 🙏 ie Do you need to be 18yo to enter Q-series? (Genuine question... Presumably not? ie various instances of sub-18yo playing LPGA events?)

Edited by JungleJimbo

15 minutes ago, JungleJimbo said:

@18majors “...missed the age deadline by one day...”(!)

More info please! 🙏 ie Do you need to be 18yo to enter Q-series? (Genuine question... Presumably not? ie various instances of sub-18yo playing LPGA events?)

Players need to be 18 years old by January 1, 2022 to play 2021 Q-Series.

Pia was born on January 2, 2004.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KBong said:

You and @18majors chirp about this but don't give an answer.

So I'll chime in.

I assume won't do well = fails to finish top 45.

So I'll guess ....Furue.

I need to see a final entry list and I promise I’ll give an answer. The intern got lost on their way back from getting coffee at Starbucks for Molly.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, fredogolfer said:

The intern got lost on their way back from getting coffee at Starbucks for Molly.

You're right, not releasing Entries List is something new initiated by Mollie.

On the other hand, she is aware of the need to provide more information to the betting market.  She might have something under her sleeve that we'll learn later.

Mike Whan tended to talk about things he couldn't deliver later; Mollie carries it to the other extremes.

It's very likely that the LPGA does not have the final entries list because the LET top 5 list was just announced last night.

The LET entrants have to catch last minute flights from Malaga to Paris to Atlanta to Mobile which is a 20+ hour trip. Jeeno and Steph are stuck in Paris right now due to 2+ hour flight delay.

q14.jpg

r3bi338he3bumN9o3F1-o.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, 18majors said:

Mike Whan tended to talk about things he couldn't deliver later; 

Let's hear of some examples...we are all dying to knpw?

I think the only thing Smiley Mike said and then reneged on was telling you he'd removed your LPGA restraining order and didn't carry through with it.

#LPGASAFETYFIRST

Hopefully Mollie will overturn it for you and you'll be able to attend your 1st LPGA event in 2022...maybe they'll allow you through the admission gates with a shovel so your can find Mollie under a rock and chat her up and tell her 1st hand what a WONDERFUL job she's doing.🤣

2 hours ago, airawan said:

It's very likely that the LPGA does not have the final entries list because the LET top 5 list was just announced last night.

The LET entrants have to catch last minute flights from Malaga to Paris to Atlanta to Mobile which is a 20+ hour trip. Jeeno and Steph are stuck in Paris right now due to 2+ hour flight delay.

q14.jpg

r3bi338he3bumN9o3F1-o.jpg

IMO...I don't think Jeeno should have played in Spain.

She's cutting it too close to arrive at Magnolia....with limited prep.

And with 3 flight segments, her clubs could get delayed or lost.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, airawan said:

You maybe right, but this isn't new.

The Entries Lists were never published for both Stage I and II; we didn't know the players until the tee times were posted.

I don’t know how much “hype” the following players have but I say the following don’t get an LPGA card.

Sierra Brooks

Kristen Gillman (I know, I know)

Lindy Duncan

Kelly Tan

Luna Sobron Galmes 

Anne Van Dam( I know, I know)

Bianca Pagdanganan ( I know I know)

Who is in?

Pavarisa Yoktuan

Weiwei Zhang

Jing Yan

Atthaya Thitkul

Anita Uwadia

Savanna Vilaubi

Linnea Strom

Klara Spilkova

Mariah Stackhouse

Hinako Shibuno

Alena Sharp

Kum Kang Park

Haley Moore

Kim Metraux

Brooke Matthews

Meghan Mclaren

Fernanda Lira

Gabby Lemieux

Mi Hyang Lee

Andrea Lee

Stephanie Kyriacou

Min Seo Kwak

Frida Kinhult

nuria iturrioz

Ching Huan

Yu Chiang Hou

Dani Holmqvist

Isi Gabsa

Ayaka Furue

Gemma Dryburgh

Karen Fredgaard

Olivia Cowan

Milagros Chaves

Tiffany Chan

virginia elena carta

emma broze

na rin an 

Dottie Ardina.

The rest will mainly be Americans 

Edited by fredogolfer

10 minutes ago, MagicClassic407 said:

UGH, nothing worse than trying to connect through CDG. I avoid it always, if possible.

I feel like Malaga-Madrid- Atlanta or Miami - Alabama would have made more sense  but availability is weird due to the pandemic. Delta has the Southeastern US covered and with their relation to Air France it may have appeared like it made more sense. Although they could have flown anyone out of Madrid to the US then connected on Delta.

Edited by fredogolfer

5 minutes ago, fredogolfer said:

I don’t know how much “hype” the following players have but I say the following don’t get an LPGA card.

Sierra Brooks

Kristen Gillman (I know, I know)

Lindy Duncan

Kelly Tan

Luna Sobron Galmes 

Anne Van Dam( I know, I know)

Bianca Pagdanganan ( I know I know)

I like your choices of POSER Tan & POSER Bianca.

@jumpcut @Supermilo won't be happy with your reverse karma.🤣

I agree with your Brooks choice.

• Haha 1

LPGA's 'Online Media Center' has a breakdown of all categories of players:

1.    LPGA #101-150                                                              33  Players
  2.    Symetra #11-35                                                              22
  3.    LET #1-5                                                                          4
  4.    Rolex Top-75                                                                   5
  5.    Symetra Top-125                                                            19 
  6.    LPGA Member Outside of Top-150                                2
  7.    Rolex Top-400                                                                4
  8.    Collegiate Top-5                                                             3
  9.    WAPT                                                                               1
  10.    Symetra Outside of Top-125                                          3
  11.    Non-Members outside of Rolex Top-400                    14

Total                       110                                 

• Thanks 1

• HMHS locked this topic