eBay seller shaftking2021 legit?

rorykoepka

Hey guys, I noticed a seller on eBay named shaftking2021 generally has some awesome deals on shafts and was wondering if anyone can attest that they are a legit seller? 901 reviews with 100% feedback is a great sign but just wanted to double check if the golfwrx community has any feedback or experience with the seller. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, BubbaBallesteros said:

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience buying shafts of the the eBay seller "shaftking2021"?

Looking at buying a Mitsubishi D+ Limited 60TX of of them but wanted not see if they sell authentic stuff.

Have you checked their feedback?

Ping G410 Plus 12°/Xcaliber SL55, Maltby KE4 TC 5w/Xcaliber SL FW r flex, Maltby KE4 HyWay 21°/Xcaliber SL r flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 4h/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Maltby TSW 54° and 58°/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

31 minutes ago, BubbaBallesteros said:

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience buying shafts of the the eBay seller "shaftking2021"?

Looking at buying a Mitsubishi D+ Limited 60TX of of them but wanted not see if they sell authentic stuff.

how many postive/negative feedback do they have? how long have they been on ebay?

A lot of knockoff sellers will have short histories with minimal # of feedback.

With 2021 in the username I would say you are certainly taking SOME chance with a limited history. Also, I wouldn't trust anyone named Shaftking

TM M1 440 2017 9.5* - Tour AD GP 6s

TEE CBX119 13.5* - Fuji Speeder 869

TEE CBX119 18* - Fuji Speeder 869

MP-18 4-PW (23*-46*) - PX 6.0

SM8 50F, 54S, 60T

White Hot OG 7S

23 minutes ago, Bad9 said:

Have you checked their feedback?

16 minutes ago, rsballer10 said:

how many postive/negative feedback do they have? how long have they been on ebay?

A lot of knockoff sellers will have short histories with minimal # of feedback.

With 2021 in the username I would say you are certainly taking SOME chance with a limited history. Also, I wouldn't trust anyone named Shaftking

Hahah the name is definitely iffy. 

I've checked their feedback/reviews on eBay and they have been selling on eBay since 2011 with 100% positive feedback on 974 reviews. 

Just wanted to see if anyone on here has bought from them and had any problems or authenticity concerns with the shafts they purchased. 

Looks pretty legit to me. The 1 neutral feedback was based solely on packaging. Anyone that maintained these numbers through the pandemic though definitely knows what they are doing. 

1351305465_ScreenShot2021-11-30at12_34_15PM.png.7de3da159d7623e79fd17f478b930e5a.png

• Like 4

Taylormade SIM 10.5* Diamana X'17 70TX || Taylormade SIM 9* Diamana X'17 70X
Taylormade SIM Ti V2 15* Diamana DF 80TX || Taylormade SIM Ti 15* Kuro Kage DCXM 80TX
Taylormade M5 19* Tensei Pro White 90TX || TItleist 915FD 18* Fujikura Motore VC 9.2 Tour Spec X 
Srixon ZX Utility 20* HZRDUS Red 105 6.5 || Taylormade RSI UDI 20* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid  
Bridgestone J40 DPC 4i-7i 23*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2021 at 11:44 AM, rorykoepka said:

Hey guys, I noticed a seller on eBay named shaftking2021 generally has some awesome deals on shafts and was wondering if anyone can attest that they are a legit seller? 901 reviews with 100% feedback is a great sign but just wanted to double check if the golfwrx community has any feedback or experience with the seller. Thanks!

The guy is an absolute scumbag. Do not buy from him!

8 minutes ago, leftycabe said:

I tried to make a purchase through this guy and I can say for certain that he is a giant scumbag. I wouldn’t buy a single thing from him - ever. 

Really, what happened? I bought a Diamana D+ Limited 60TX off him. The service and shaft were perfect. 

His listing was a set price as a “buy it now” or best offer. I simply sent a few offers that were immediately declined. This is not uncommon and not a big deal but I was curious to see if there was an amount he would sell it for so I sent a note asking if there was a bottom dollar he was looking for. His response was, “Probably the dumbest question I’ve been asked.”  

Of course, that didn’t sit well with me and I let him know and that I would include that feedback in my review. I then bought the shaft at the buy it now price. his next response was, Oh no Mommy, the big dumb man outsmarted me. What am I going to do? Oh wait he's the big dumb man. He doesn't know s*** about eBay. This is great.“

He then immediately cancelled my order to ensure he couldn’t get any negative reviews. 

Naturally, I was more than frustrated that someone would treat a customer (potential or otherwise) like that, so I reached out to my club builder to see if he thought they were real (I should have done this first). His response was, “Yeah, real fake. I can’t get them at these prices and there is no way this guy has a deal that would allow him to sell all these brand new shafts at these prices. If he does, there would be no reason every club builder in the world wouldn’t buy from him. There is a reason he is priced so far below market value and it’s because it’s BS.” 

Now, I fully admit I cannot prove these are fake but in my opinion, the guy is a scumbag and I’ll never do business with him. That being said, you can bet your last dollar that I’m going to buy one of these shafts and dig into this and expose this a-hole if these are indeed fake. 

28 minutes ago, leftycabe said:

His listing was a set price as a “buy it now” or best offer. I simply sent a few offers that were immediately declined. This is not uncommon and not a big deal but I was curious to see if there was an amount he would sell it for so I sent a note asking if there was a bottom dollar he was looking for. His response was, “Probably the dumbest question I’ve been asked.”  

Of course, that didn’t sit well with me and I let him know and that I would include that feedback in my review. I then bought the shaft at the buy it now price. his next response was, Oh no Mommy, the big dumb man outsmarted me. What am I going to do? Oh wait he's the big dumb man. He doesn't know s*** about eBay. This is great.“

He then immediately cancelled my order to ensure he couldn’t get any negative reviews. 

Naturally, I was more than frustrated that someone would treat a customer (potential or otherwise) like that, so I reached out to my club builder to see if he thought they were real (I should have done this first). His response was, “Yeah, real fake. I can’t get them at these prices and there is no way this guy has a deal that would allow him to sell all these brand new shafts at these prices. If he does, there would be no reason every club builder in the world wouldn’t buy from him. There is a reason he is priced so far below market value and it’s because it’s BS.” 

Now, I fully admit I cannot prove these are fake but in my opinion, the guy is a scumbag and I’ll never do business with him. That being said, you can bet your last dollar that I’m going to buy one of these shafts and dig into this and expose this a-hole if these are indeed fake. 

What makes these shafts fake?

4 minutes ago, 3wood said:

What makes these shafts fake?

As I said in my previous post - I can’t say they are fake. I simply said in my opinion, based on my interactions with him, the guy is a scumbag. I also pointed out that a club builder I’ve worked with for years does not believe these are real based on the price he is getting. He would be netting $200 after eBay and PayPal fees, which is less than what my builder can buy them for.  I will be buying one to see if it is fake and I’ll report back.  

On 10/11/2021 at 2:14 PM, rorykoepka said:

I purchased a Diamana D+ Limited 60TX from him and the shaft is legit. But from the experience that leftycabe had with him, it looks like the customer service is a bit iffy. 

48 minutes ago, leftycabe said:

As I said in my previous post - I can’t say they are fake. I simply said in my opinion, based on my interactions with him, the guy is a scumbag. I also pointed out that a club builder I’ve worked with for years does not believe these are real based on the price he is getting. He would be netting $200 after eBay and PayPal fees, which is less than what my builder can buy them for.  I will be buying one to see if it is fake and I’ll report back.  

This guy may have a good lawyer.  

7 hours ago, leftycabe said:

Did you think they were fake when you made your initial offer that wasn’t accepted?

• Like 1

Lots of businesses sell things at losses. He could also be getting them at lower than distributor prices somehow like getting them from another buyer who gets them in much much larger order QTYs.

At any rate people who message sellers and ask 'whats your lowest price' are usually bad buyers. When I sell on ebay I always completely ignore those messages or inform the person my lowest is what I've already set in the listing and asking me about it wont change it.

• Like 2

Epic Speed + ZF 6TSi2 17.25 + AD HD 7 / TSi2 20.25 + AD MJ 8 / TW-X 4 + TR20P + Modus3 105 / MD5 Raw / Toulon JDM Austin 

5 hours ago, leftycabe said:

As I pointed out, I should have reached out to my builder before. I have not said I think he is selling any fakes. I understand what you are trying to do and the point you are trying to make. 

You’ve stated a SUSPICION “ to see if he thought they were real “ and repeated a potential libel from a 3rd party worldwide via the Web = snog, marry, avoid.

In some countries, you could only defend a libel claim by proving a fake was supplied or offered. Deep waters. 

Edited by Pastit

6 hours ago, Pastit said:

You’ve stated a SUSPICION “ to see if he thought they were real “ and repeated a potential libel from a 3rd party worldwide via the Web = snog, marry, avoid.

In some countries, you could only defend a libel claim by proving a fake was supplied or offered. Deep waters. 

this is ridiculous. I’m not hear for some Bs legal claim. I simply said the guy was a scumbag. If you want to get into the BS legal jargon, go for it. This is an opinion forum, not a legal discussion. I don’t care if anyone thinks his stuff is real or not. Buy whatever you want from whoever you want.  I simply said my interaction with him was not good.