2021 BMW Championship

KBong

25 minutes ago, BadgerLin said:

Also definitely something she shouldn’t have expressed in the interview, but it obviously wasn’t a good shot.  I remember that even ShanShan turned away in disgust immediately after she hit it. I have always felt that Stacy has been one of the most thoughtful, influential and non-phony players on tour.  Yes, she often appears pouty on the course, but she gives actual answers in interviews, not just platitudes, and obviously cares deeply about the growth of the LPGA.

No question the wire between SNaP's brain and mouth is quite short.

I just never cared about her (yes..honest) whining.

Like trashing Ice Cream gal, Crazy Lucy Li, saying that if she was her child...she likely wouldn't allow her to play the USWO...even though Lucy was the youngest at 11 years old to qualify for the USWO....and a medalist by 7 strokes at her qualifier at Half Moon Bay.

Even Wie, along with others, were praising Lucy's play and presence at Pinehurst.

So if you like honesty and candor...can I assume you really miss the Great Great Man?🤣

My golf friend bought me a great 2020 Xmas gift....a really really nice driver head cover of the Great Great Man...it's great quality...Made in Korea and sold out quickly on Amazon...he also gave me a MAGA hat that I put on the headcover too...it looks FANTASTIC....but I don't use it much cause it's a pain to fit over my driver and I also don't want it to get dirty.

It sits mostly in the car trunk...but I always bring it out when i play with some Pink Shirt Millennial golf friends who HATE the Great Great Man.

I'm so old...I think anyone under 50 is a Pink Shirt Millennial. 🤣

Oh ya...some guy here who LUV's the Great Great Man offered me $200 for the head cover...obviously I could never sell a gift.

26 minutes ago, postfold said:

I still would like to see a major over there, co-sanctioned by all four major tours (LPGA, JLPGA, KLPGA and LET), alternating between Japan and Korea, maybe with the occasional detour to China, Thailand, Oz or New Zealand.  

I agree...I'd LUV to see S. Korea or Japan host a women's major...especially in these two countries where women's golf IS MORE POPULAR than men's golf.

It would also be WELL ATTENDED....look at the HUMUNGOUS galleries at the 2018 Int'l Crown in Incheon.

The JLPGA events are also well attended.

IMO....Mollie should rid the Amundi/Evian of it's major status...and kick those two TOUCHY FEELY French chesseballs to the curb.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

Hmmm. In Gee with a white TaylorMade fairway wood in her bag? A bit odd for a Ping staffer. 

She had a Srixon fairway in the bag a couple of years ago.  I also thought she had a graphite shafted iron in the bag this week; not sure if it is some type of utility or just a lighter shaft in her longest set iron, which has historically been a ~26-27 degree 5-iron (assuming my thought is correct).  She was also playing with at least one hybrid so I'm not really sure what the deal is.

I was hoping for the second LPGA win in ROK for her (to go along with 2 majors) but it wasn't to be.  She has a very low scoring average this year but I'm not sure she's had a real shot late on the weekend?

3 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

Hmmm. In Gee with a white TaylorMade fairway wood in her bag? A bit odd for a Ping staffer.

Not really. PING recently seems to only be requiring a minimum of 11 clubs in a staff deal are PING. Gives players some wiggle room if they to use something else. A few signees with PING on the PGA Tour in recent times have noted they signed 11 club deals (Finau, Hovland).

• Like 1

Yes.

A Hee Young Park sighting wearing knee highs playing along knee high wearing Lydia in the final rd..

Gotta believe the Korean gals need to or wanted to.... up their fashion wear in S. Korea...such a fashion show environment.

Gotta LUV The Rocket...only she could pull it off when she was asked who her loop was for the LPGA staffer completing the LPGA player/caddie list....Hee Young's response:

"Her Husband" 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like how there was length to the 18th hole making for a longer approach shot.

OK...how does S. Korea not host 2 LPGA events...one in the spring and one in the fall on the Asia swings.

I wonder what Smiley Mike did to the Hana Bank execs to p*ss them off and withdraw their co-sanction partnership with the LPGA on the Hana Bank Championship.

Can Mrs. Fishhead 🤣 (Samaan) repair the damage?...just askin for a friend.

Edited by KBong
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KBong said:

I like how there was length to the 18th hole making a longer approach shot.

OK...how does S. Korea not have 2 LPGA events...one in the spring and one in the fall on the Asia swings.

I wonder what Smiley Mike did to the Hana Bank execs to p*ss them off and withdraw their co-sanction partnership with the LPGA on the Hana Bank Championship.

Can Mrs. Fishhead 🤣 (Samaan) repair the damage?...just askin for a friend.

I suspect that Covid, quarantine restrictions and similar issues played the biggest hand in the spring event.

1 hour ago, iBanesto said:

Great camaraderie.

jin-young-ko-of-korea-republic-is-congra

in-gee-chun-and-jin-young-ko-of-south-ko

Yes, you'd never see that from Brooks and Bryson.....

• Haha 2

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

11 hours ago, KBong said:

You got a picture?...an Aeroburner?

It's a bit weird....I believe a while ago In Gee lost her Ping endorsement....now she has a Ping staff bag...yet on ping.com...she is not one of the LPGA staff pros on their site.
Maybe her current Ping sponsorship is not as encompassing as her past endorsement.

FWIW...I'm still gaming a RBZ Stage 2...3HL I bought it used in 2014 for $65...others have tried to knock it out of the bag unsuccessfully....but at times...it has missed behaved costing me untimely strokes.

I've read that Ping FW's are very good and forgiving.

I think my recent used Ping 410 driver will finally knock my M3 driver out of the bag....I was procrastinating selling some clubs....including getting rid of the Ping 410....but the M3 was acting like a POSER 5 weeks ago and went back to the Ping 410.

I will admit...the Ping head is very forgiving...the reason why decided I wanted one and got it for a pretty good price too.

If I wasn't a cheapa**...I'd get a 425...and I couldn't find a good deal on a 400 Max....so 410 it is.

No, it looks like a TaylorMade SIM. 

I assume she has a (partial) deal with Ping Korea.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

11 hours ago, Raving Shanker said:

Recently i have been pondering whether Korean golf was just ever so slightly on the wane. With the power hitters Tavatanakit and Thitikul coming from Thailand, Saso and Pagdanganan from the Phillipines, exciting prospects from Europe (Castren, Enseleit, Valenzuela et al) and even some home grown young US players with promise - i couldn't see an emerging crop from Korea. 2021 seemed to serve up the same-old, same old set of established Korean players, and none of them really firing up (until recently of course).

I have completely changed my mind. The problem is that we don't see the emerging Korean talent because they are largely playing KLPGA. After this tournament, Korea seems to have the usual bottomless well of strong, emerging talent! Hee Jeong Lim (aka The Baby-Faced Assassin, aka The Stone Buddha) being one of many! And meanwhile back at the ranch, JYK reminds us of how good she is. I am sure the Player of the Year discussion (in another thread) has taken some new turns!

For me it all points back to the three tier KLPGA system. Young players get their feet wet playing in the Dream and Jump Tours. Frequent tournaments, generally three rounds, that don't require extensive travel while providing enough of a purse to cover expenses. 

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

5 hours ago, iBanesto said:

Great camaraderie.

in-gee-chun-and-jin-young-ko-of-south-ko

I think JYK was trying to hug Dumbo and get her wet cause In Gee soaked JYK with water.

IMO....the gals need to stop this water splashing celebration nonsense.....it's so STUPID.

Unless

.....oh forget it...you all know what I was going to say,🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

For me it all points back to the three tier KLPGA system. Young players get their feet wet playing in the Dream and Jump Tours. Frequent tournaments, generally three rounds, that don't require extensive travel while providing enough of a purse to cover expenses. 

Let's not forget that most of the Dream & Jump tour players also have corporate logo's and sponsorships too....maybe not hugely lucrative ones...but still endorsements to help offset expenses.

We can't say the same for many Symetra or LET players.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KBong said:

Disagree....these 2 TOOL's would do it so they can win that $40M social media NONSENSE bonus.

Yes, that was the incentive...$20m for you Brysie and $20m for you Brooksy?

Bryson DeChambeau, Brooks Koepka hug after Ryder Cup ...

Bryson DeChambeau and Brooks Koepka finally end bitter ...

• Haha 2

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

@KBong next they'll be buying a puppy together...you have it this week and I'll have it the next.

• Haha 4

On 10/24/2021 at 11:02 AM, 18majors said:

Just a FYI, Jin Young Ko is stuck at 21,500 followers even with four wins in her last seven events.

Nobody, outside of Korea, WRX and Seoul Sisters, cares when a Korean wins an event.

I followed JYK on Insta, but all her posts were in Korean.   Sure, her pics were cute, but...

17 minutes ago, Lobby said:

I followed JYK on Insta, but all her posts were in Korean.   Sure, her pics were cute, but...

JYK also has a YouTube channel, that gives further glimpses into her life/ training & practice rounds with gal pals / goofy things she does to stay happy (perhaps a good buddy for InGee with whom to hangout!)

https://youtube.com/channel/UCInLvQUyUFRH8JdIHw8OJUw

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, JungleJimbo said:

(perhaps a good buddy for InGee with whom to hangout!)

https://youtube.com/channel/UCInLvQUyUFRH8JdIHw8OJUw

Apart from Inbee & SYR who are BFF's and hanging out with some fellow Koreans while on tour....I think most of the Korean pros have their own established cliques away from tour life.

I think the same can be said for other LPGA pros too.

Did I socialize with some working peers ....yes...even played weekly golf with some too...but they were/are different from my long term friends.

There's a good WRX thread about "golfing friends vs. other friends".

While on tour...JYK is pals with the Entitled Canadian Princess (yes...maybe Brittany too....cause she's a cling-on) and Gaby Lopez.

I will say....the Korean LPGA pros are very private about any male relationships.

I think it would hurt their endorsement opportunities.

In Gee would break the hearts of her 8000+ Flying Dumbo FANBOY's when and if she announces an engagement.

Chella Choi just showed some pics of her upcoming engagement party...I didn't even know she had a BF....then again I know j*ck sh*t about their private lives and don't follow anyone on STUPID Instagram. 

Edited by KBong

On 10/25/2021 at 8:07 AM, Rapidcat said:

Yes, you'd never see that from Brooks and Bryson.....

The Brooks/Bryson "bad blood" was more phony than most movies. And the golf world slurped it up.

Edited by Bad9

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

On 10/25/2021 at 8:53 AM, Raving Shanker said:

The problem is that we don't see the emerging Korean talent because they are largely playing KLPGA. After this tournament, Korea seems to have the usual bottomless well of strong, emerging talent! Hee Jeong Lim (aka The Baby-Faced Assassin, aka The Stone Buddha) being one of many!

Hee Jeong Lim’s swing = has quickly become one of my favourites! Seems to have few moving parts (ie fewer things could go wrong)...

Any thoughts on this swing, ie Does it remind you of any other prominent pros? (A commenter in the Linked YT video mentioned Justin Rose... but I didn’t think so... Justin Rose seems more technical a.k.a. Less ‘natural’?...

Hee Jeong’s swing reminds me of Louis Oosthuizen?)

I think Hee Jeong is playing in the upcoming QSeries for an LPGA Card?

informative profile piece/recap of Hee Jeong’s performance at the just-concluded BMW:

https://www.lpga.com/news/2021/hee-jeong-lim-ready-to-reset-heading-into-the-rest-of-klpga-season

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, JungleJimbo said:

Hee Jeong Lim’s swing = has quickly become one of my favourites! Seems to have few moving parts (ie fewer things could go wrong)...

Any thoughts on this swing, ie Does it remind you of any other prominent pros? (A commenter in the Linked YT video mentioned Justin Rose... but I didn’t think so... Justin Rose seems more technical a.k.a. Less ‘natural’?...

Hee Jeong’s swing reminds me of Louis Oosthuizen?)

Leaving technical aspects aside, what I get from her swing is just how drilled it is, and how little mental exertion goes into many of her shots off the tee. In this respect it reminds me of Annika Sorenstam - tee it up, knock another one down the middle. It must be incredible to expend so little energy in the execution of that shot.  JYK's looks elaborate and energy sapping in comparison. 54 of 56 fairways. I won't forget that in a hurry.

• Like 4