APPLY NOW: Callaway Apex Utility Wood Testing! Looking For 3 Members!

1368753744_CallawayApexWood.png.8cdb1cee286c5e225da6b3ed356cd45e.png

The whole forum was buzzing about the "prototype" woods seen in the bags of Callaway staff players like Phil Mickelson recently. Well we now know that the mystery club is the new Callaway Apex Utility Wood! We are looking for 3 members to put a Apex Utility Wood in their bag to test out and review for the GolfWRX community. So enter now for your chance to be a tester of this versatile wood!

About The Callaway Apex Utility Wood

This unique design combines the best features of higher lofted fairway woods, the best features of hybrids, and a more neutral ball flight. Using direct feedback from world-class pros like Phil Mickelson and Xander Schauffele, Callaway has created a multi-purpose club that better players can rely on from the tee, fairway, or rough.

Tour Inspired Compact, Workable Shape & Optimized Length
The distinct clubhead shaping is inspired by in-depth feedback from TOUR pros. It’s a compact profile that they want to shape their shots for enhanced control. Club lengths are set between a fairway wood and a hybrid, allowing for versatile playability while still being easier to hit.

High Launch, Consistent Control and Tighter Dispersion
17.6 grams of MIM’D Tungsten Weighting per club. Callaway has precisely positioned the Center of Gravity in a neutral location for an exceptional combination of high launch, steeper landing angles, consistent spin characteristics, reduced draw bias, and 17% tighter downrange dispersion.

High Velocity Ball Speeds
Callaway's Jailbreak A.I. Velocity Blades are engineered to increase vertical stiffness near the sole of the club, creating more speed low on the face where players often mishit their hybrids. These blades allow the Face Cup to flex on the crown for better spin rate consistency, and the bars are spread to enhance torsional stiffness, leading to more forgiveness across the face.

How to Apply

In a post below, answer the following questions

1. City, State?

2. Handicap?

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag?

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood?

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?

That's it! Callaway Golf and GolfWRX will choose the testers in about 2 weeks! This testing event is for good-standing members in the USA only!

• Like 1

30 minutes and I'm the first post? Shame!

1. City, State? Orlando FL

2. Handicap? 15

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? 7W replacement?

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? To beat my 7W

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yes

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

1. City, State? Mt Arlington, NJ

2. Handicap? +2.6

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? i want a club between my 4w and 4i that i can hit out of rough and fairway and a tee replacement on shorter par 4s. 

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? I've heard great things, i love fairway woods and hybrids dont necessarily agree with me -- figured this might be the perfect fit between the two. 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? absolutely!!

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

1. City, State? Wixom, MI

2. Handicap? 10

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? In between 4-wood and 4-hybrid

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? I've been searching for a club between 4-wood and 4-hybrid.  Driving iron has been there for a while but I cant use it off the deck.  Looking for something more versatile to fill that gap.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? For sure!

1. City, State? Indianapolis, IN

2. Handicap? 7.2

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? Between my 4 wood and 4 iron

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? This part of my bag I always tend to tinker with. Have tried hybrids, irons, and driving irons but never a utility wood. Would like to find a club that is multi dimensional that I feel comfortable using from any lie. 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Absolutely!

Titleist TSi3 8.25

Titleist TSi3 16.5

Titleist U500 3i

Taylormade P770 4i

Taylormade P7MC 5i-PW
Vokey SM9 52 58
Ping PLD Prime Tyne 4

1. City, State? Chester Springs

2. Handicap? 6.3

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? It would replace my 5 wood

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood?  I am searching for a club that plays neutral with the distance of a  4 or 5 fairway wood and the versatility of a hybrid.  This is the spot in my bag that could improve with gains in accuracy , workability, and one I use frequently based on the shots required to play our course.     

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yes

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

1. City, State? Louisville, KY

2. Handicap? 4

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? Slot between 4 Wood and my 22 degree 4 hybrid

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? Looking for long approach club with less roll-out

Titleist TSR3 (10) - Project X HZRDUS 4G 6.0
Titleist 917 F2 16.5 at C1 (15.75) - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 5.5
Titleist TSR2 21 at C3 (22) - Project X HZRDUS Red CB  70 6.0
Titleist T150 5i-GW - Nippon 950 GH R - I up
Ping Glide 2.0  52 SS - AWT 2.0 S - Back Dot
Ping Glide 3.0  58 ES - ZZ-115 - Black Dot

Callaway MD5 64 S Grind - TT-115 
Ping Fetch 2023 - 34"

1. City, State? - Dothan, AL

2. Handicap? 3.1

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? between the 3 wood and 4 iron (ive been searching for years!!)

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood?  (ive been searching for years!!)

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? of course!

How to Apply

1. City, State? Bartlett, Illinois

2. Handicap? 2.3

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? I would love to test the 17 degree Utility wood and potentially go the Wesley Bryan route with the 17 and 21 UW in the bag.

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? The top end of my bag is a mess and always cycles. Looking to solidify that spot for the next golf season.

1. City, State? - Franklin TN

2. Handicap? - 11.5

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? - I play OL and my hybrid and 3 wood play an important roll in every round. I am looking for versatility in this area and this sounds right up my ally.  

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? Of all fairway clubs, Callaway has always fit me best.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Absolutely!

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

1. City, State?  Warner Robins, GA

2. Handicap? 12

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag?  I currently have a 3 wood, 18* hybrid and 22* hybrid...I need something to replace my hybrid and allow me to loft up my 3 wood or replace with a 4 wood to give me better options on short par 4s or long par 5s

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood?  One of the biggest problems I have is either hooking a hybrid or spin inconsistency from a variety of lies.  Id like something more consistent and closer to a 7w.  

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?  Yes

1. City, State? Corona, CA

2. Handicap? 5.8

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? Apex UW will hopefully fill the gap between 3 wood and 4 hybrid

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? Looking to see if the performance meets all the glowing reviews of this club.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Absolutely

Titleist TSR3 9* Diamana ZF 60s
Titleist TSR3 15* Kai'li 70s

TM SIM2 Ti 19* Kai'li 70s

Titleist TSR3 24* Atmos Blue 8s
Srixon ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX6 46,50,54,58 
Betti BB46 or QB6 or Betti BB Proto

On 10/12/2021 at 5:08 PM, GolfWRX_Official said:

1. City, State?

2. Handicap?

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag?

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood?

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?

Grand Rapids, MI area

It would slot in between the balky driver and the cranky 3 hybrid, the latter of which could be sent to the bench.

Finding anything I can hit between driver and 4h has been an odyssey of near-biblical proportions.  Plus, it looks great.

Photos?  Yup.  Review?  Yup.  Ongoing testing?  Yup.  Guaranteed to include some FAIL, no extra charge.

City, State? Altoona wi

2. Handicap? 10

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? Between 5 iron and 3 wood. That slot needs to be filled and I have yet to find a permanent replacement

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? Have used 7 woods in the past and hybrids. 7 wood spins too much and hybrids too low of launch. Need a combo of the two which is the uw. 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yep!

1. City, State? Hillsboro  OR

2. Handicap? 22

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? Between 16* super hybrid and 4i

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? See if it can give me more playability than my 18* 3H and give me soft landings into par 5s

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Srixon Z-star XV

1. City, State? Irvine, CA

2. Handicap? 15

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? After 4W and before 5 iron! 

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? Replacement for hybrids that hook on me a lot and 7W that goes too high! 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread. Yes! 

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

1. City, State? Stuart, FL

2. Handicap? 3 

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? Bridge gap between 4 iron and 3 wood 

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? Never quite been a 5 wood guy because of the extra length / afraid it'd launch too high. Very intrigued by this club as it is a lot closer to a hybrid in size but would probably cover distance gap even better / be more consistent with the larger head. 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? yes of course! 

Titleist TSR4 Graphite Design Tour AD GP-6X

Titleist TSi3 15 Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 75X   

Callaway Apex UW 19 Project X HZRDUS RDX 80 6.5

Srixon ZX7 4-PW Project X LS 6.5

Titleist Vokey SM9 50.12F True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Titleist Vokey SM9 54.12D True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Titleist Vokey SM9 60.04T True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport+

1. City, State? Fairmont, WV

2. Handicap? 8.7

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? The UW would fit into my bag as a 2i Hyb/5w replacement. I'd look to hit this club off the tee for a fairway finder & off the fairway for long shots.

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? The aesthetic of the club really fits my eye. I also like the fact the club head is set & not adjustable, as is my current 2i hyb. I need a go to club at the top of my bag & I really want to see if this club will be it!

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yes!

1. City, State? Naples, FL

2. Handicap? 8.8

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? Probably replace my 4 wood

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? Would like to see how it compares to hitting a fairway metal off the deck

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Certainly 

1. City, State? Bloomington, MN

2. Handicap? About a 2.  Hover between 0 and 3

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? I have very low dynamic loft, so I've always had trouble hitting lower-lofted irons and fairway woods.  I currently don't play a fairway wood at all, just a 21* hybrid and a 24* hybrid before going into my 4 iron. 

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? I think a 17* or 19* UW would either be a solid replacement for my longer hybrid, or could be an additional / longer option at the top of my bag that would allow me to play weaker hybrids and remove my 4i.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Happy to!

Ping G425 Max, 12* set to 13.5*, Tensei AV Raw Orange 65 R
Ping G425 Max 5 wood, 17.5* set to 18.5*, Tensei AV Raw Orange 75 S

Titleist 818h1 23* set to 24*, Project X Evenflow Blue S

Ping i210 4-UW, Nippon Modus 105S, Black Dot
Titleist Vokey SM7 54* 14F, 58* 12D Wedge Flex
Evnroll ER6B

Titleist Pro V1

1. City, State? Lino Lakes, MN

2. Handicap? +1.5

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? It would be taking the place of my driving iron.

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? I love my driving iron but it does not have the stopping power to hold greens going for par 5s in two.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Of Course!

Callaway Paradym TD 9*  Ventus BLK TR 7x

SIM Ti 15* Ventus BLK 8X

Srixon U85 18* Recoil 95 F5

Titleist T200 4i, Titleist T100 5-PW DG TI X100

Vokey SM9 Raw 50.08 , 55.12, 60.04 TGrind DG S400

Scotty Cameron X5

1. City, State?  Villa Park, IL

2. Handicap?  4.9

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag?  Either replacing my 5w or 3h

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood?  The end of this season left me with some issues in the bag between the driver and the irons that I want to fix. This club could be the perfect fit.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Absolutely

1. City, State?  Memphis, TN

2. Handicap?  12ish right meow (just back after a long surgery layoff)

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag?  Need something in the 5w / 4i section of the bag as something that I can hit high from distance and that I can hit out of bermuda rough.  Current 5w is awful out of the rough, so I'm mainly hitting mid/short irons out when I land there.

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood?  Looks like an easy to hit club, high launching, hot face

1. City, State? - San Antonio TX 

2. Handicap? - 4.7

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? Between 3 wood and 4 iron as a 5wood/3H replacment

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? - the low spin and versatility I need in that slot in my bag!

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? - YES! 

1. City, State? Hoschton Georgia

2. Handicap? 10.5

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? This would replace my hybrid

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? I have been looking for a club longer than my hybrid but easier to hit than a 5 wood. I've tried many 5 woods and just are not as accurate. This would also be interesting to see if it could take the place of my 3 wood from the fairway as I play a low lofted 3 wood and its not the best from the grass.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? For Sure!!!

1. City, State?  Germantown, TN

2. Handicap? 8.7

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag?  This club would slot between my 4 wood and 4 iron

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood?  I have been eyeing this club as what looks to be what I am looking for in this spot of my bag.  I do not get along with hybrids, and driving irons are not great for me off the deck and out of the rough.  This club appears to have the versatility and profile that I am searching for to fill this gap. 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?  Of course, more time to spend online in golf forums!

Titleist TSr2 9 

Titleist TSr2 16.5 

Callaway Apex UW 19
TaylorMade 2023 P790 4-AW

TaylorMade MG4 54, 58
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5
ProV1x