APPLY NOW: Callaway Apex Utility Wood Testing! Looking For 3 Members!

1. City, State? Summerville, SC

2. Handicap? 10

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? It would be the perfect 2nd tee club. ,y course doesn’t need driver but I need a club that has utility versatility with a fairway wood forgiveness. I would love to fit the gap between my 4 wood and 4 iron.  

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? I would love to replace my 3 iron with a club that gives me more options from bad lies and off the tee. I really think it would perfectly fit my 4 wood 4 iron gap well and help me lower my scores. 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yes

Driver: :taylormade-small: Sim Max 9 turned to 7 LAGP Tour AXS Blue 6x 

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 LAGP Tour AXS Blue 7x                    

Driving Iron: :titelist-small: 716 TMB 2 - X100
Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T100 4-PW X7

Wedges:  :titelist-small: SM8 50.08, 54.12, 60.08 Tour Issue S400 

Legacy Powell Prototype Putter LAGP TPZ 135

. City, State? Big Stone Gap, VA

2. Handicap? 6.2

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? We have two Par 3's at my course that are around 224 yards each.  I am looking for something to help me reach those more consistently.  This would also be great on longer par 5s.

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? I have always had great luck hitting hybrids, I prefer them to long irons or Utility Irons.  Callaway stuff is solid and would fit by bag perfectly.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? OH yeah!

1. City, State? Chico, CA

2. Handicap? 9

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? It might actually replace one of my Maverik Max fairway woods. 

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? I love testing different fairway style clubs

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yes

Callaway Big Bertha APW Driver (8*)

Callaway Mavrik Max Fairways (3+, 5, 7, 9, 11 woods)

PXG 0211 DC (7-GW)

Wilson Harmonized Wedges (56* and 60*)

Wilson Harmonized 431 Putter

1. City, State? Richmond, Va

2. Handicap? 6.7

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? Between my 3 wood and 4 hybrid.  Currently have a 19* Titleist 816H

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood?  I have gone back and forth with a 5 wood and hybrid in this slot.  I'm hoping the Utility wood will be the "happy medium" between the two that will keep me from switching all the time.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?  Absolutely!!!!

Cobra F9 Speedback 9.5*
Titleist 917FD 15*
Titleist 816H 19*
Callaway Apex 2016 Hybrid 23*
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 5-AW
Ping Glide 2.0 54* SS & 58* ES
TM Spider Tour Slant Neck

1. City, State? Toronto, Canada

2. Handicap? 9

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? Between my 3 wood and 4 iron.  looking for something that consistently flies around 235-340

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? I would like to test out the Apex Utility Wood because I am inconsistent with a hybrid and 5 wood flies a little to low for me.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?  Yes, of course!

How to Apply

1. City, State?   San Ramon, CA

2. Handicap? 10.5

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag?  Perfectly !
between 3w & 4i

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood?  Need help with a medium spin option

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?  Absolutely 

Ice - John

Edited by icemakr
TM SIM Max 9* Tensei Orange 60
Titleist TS2 16.5 Motore X 75
Ping g400 20.5 DVS 85
Titleist 818H1 23* Diamana 90

Ping i500 5-7, iBlade 8-Pw 
Ping Glide 53, 58, Callaway 64*
Kevin Burns “Icemakr” custom
Stage IV MELANOMA SURVIVOR
“kids wear your sunscreen !!"

OG wrxer (check my member #)

1. Orlando, FL

2. 11.1

3. I would use it to sub out the 7w in my bag and get some more height for those shots.  I like the idea of bridging the FW and HY.

4. My experience with Callaway woods has been limited but this seems like a product that would fit in my bag and to my game well. 

5. Yes, I agree

T Bone Steak, Cheese Eggs, and Welch's Grape

Taylormade SIM2 Max - Aldila Rogue Silver 110msi 60s

Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 3w - Aldila Rogue Silver 110msi 70s

Taylormade SIM2 Max 3i - UST Mamiya Recoil 680s

Bridgestone J15CB 4i-pw - KBS PGI 90s

Cobra King F6 GW 50 - Cobra Black Steel wedge

Taylormade Hi Toe 54, 58 - KBS Hi Rev 115s

Wilson Staff Infitinte Buckingham

Srixon Z Star XV Yellow

1. City, State? Conroe, TX

2. Handicap? 15

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? Long hybrid

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? Incredible reviews online.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yes

1. City, State?  Mukilteo, WA

2. Handicap? 18

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag?  This would replace 3 wood

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood?  I am struggling with my 3Wood (M5 and Epic Flash) but I am hitting my hybrids extremely well so this would help me to get that distance of 3wood with the similar character of hybrids. 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?  Definitely, I would happy to share my opinion on the club. 

1. City, State? Oswego NY

2. Handicap? 7.5

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? It would replace my Ping G410 17 if it is the real deal.

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? Have bailed on fairway woods as they don’t agree with me in favor of a hybrid.  So  would love to try this “hybrid” fairway. Reminds me of the Adams Prototype Hybrid/Fairway that I loved and regret selling.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Absolutely

TaylorMade M4 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
TaylorMade M2 2016 HL Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade GAPR Lo 19 Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
Bridgestone J15 DPF 4 Iron DGS300 Pro
Wilson C300 Forged 5-PW X100
Cleveland CBX 54 & 58 S400
Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #7 38"

1. City, State? Franconia Pa.

2. Handicap? 2.1

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? Right in between my Apex 20* and 5 iron hopefully.  I'd want to build a 7 wood to replace my 4 iron.    

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? I've tested the 17 and loved it. Impressive out of the rough, great flight and looks great behind the ball.  

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yup

1. City, State? Pleasantville Iowa

2. Handicap? 8

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? 5w replacement 

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? Smaller head, versatility 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yes

TSi3 RDX black 
Radspeed 3w-RDX black 
Radspeed 5w-RDX black
Radspeed 4h-RDX black

Radspeed 5H-RDX black
T200 6-G PX LZ
MD5 52-56 TI S200
Toulon Portland Garage 
TM TP5X 

Big shocker, another epic offering from GWRX in conjunction with Callaway. This one I have to get in on! I've been eye balling this club since I saw it in spy shots/heard about it through the grapevine. 

1. City, State? Los Angeles, California

2. Handicap? 4.9

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? I am hoping that it can bridge a gap between a 3 wood/5 wood type offering. I envision it as working as my go to fairway off the deck long club while at the same time using it off the tee when I need more accuracy on tighter fairways where a hybrid/four iron just aren't going to cut it.

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Callaway Apex Utility Wood? I've been intrigued ever since I heard about this thing coming down the pipeline from both pictures and through the Grapevine. I genuinely haven't been this excited about hitting a club in quite some time. It seems to be exactly what I envision a hybrid/fairway wood would be if you could put the two into a singular package. I have several friends who are with Callaway and have been touting this thing pretty heavily!

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? I'm more than happy to take multiple photos and post and interact with GWRX members online. Also, I live across the street from my course and should have plenty of access to both range and course time for reviews and responses to pointed questions about performance and real time results. 

IG Handle: @tarheelnation3

What's in the bag:

Driver: Callaway Max LS w/ Graphite Design Tour AD UB 5x

Fairway Wood: Ping G410 5 wood w/ Project X EvenFlow Black

Hybrid: Ping G410 19* w/ Tensei Pro Orange

Irons: Srixon ZX7 w/ Nippon Modus 115 LE Black Shafts

Wedges: Cleveland ZipCore Raw 51/56/62 w/ Nippon Modus 120

Putters: Scotty Cameron 009 Aloha (and many others)

1. City, State? Greenwood, IN

2. Handicap? 10

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? I would use this as a potential replacement for my beloved Cobra F6 Baffler. I could also see about using it as a 7 wood replacement depending on the lofts available for the club! 

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? I love to try out new equipment. I would like to find a club that is more solid out of the rough than a traditional wood. I think this club could also be a good club to hit into short par 5s. 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?  Yes

Ping G400 Max 9* Tour 65R 44"

Cobra f7 15.5* Aldila NV 75R 42"

Cobra f6 baffler 19* Matrix Code-8 41.5"

Ping G25 23* Oban Devotion 85S

Ping G25 27* Diamana Fubuki 85S

Ping G25 31* Project X Even Flow Blue 85S

Ping g400 8-U AWT 2.0

Cleveland RTX-3 54*, 58*

Ping Karsten Series Craz-e 34"

Ping Hoofer Camo

1. City, State? Naples, FL

2. Handicap? 6

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? 5 wood replacement, between 3 wood and 4 iron 

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? I don’t typically get along with traditional hybrids, and while I love my 19 degree 5 wood I feel like the Apex UW would be more versatile  

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Absolutely 

1. Greenville, SC

2. +3

3. I'm always looking to fill the gap between 3W and 4ir. Different courses I play need a shot between 220-250 for a par 5 or long par 3 and I think this would be interesting to try and see if it can work in the spot.

4. I'm not a hybrid person and perfer fwy woods, and I think this is a good alternative.

5. Yes I agree 100%

City and State.    Bradenton, Florida

Handicap,  6

How would Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag ?  Would be used as a 21*  7 wood

Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood ?   To see if I would gain a bit more control over the 22* hybrid I currently use. 

Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in depth review , and be part of an on going testing thread ?  Yes 

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

1. City, State?

Boise ID

2. Handicap?

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag?

Ive long been searching for something between the driver and 2i, never hit woods well and this sounds like it's right up my alley.

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood?

This should fill the gap I'm needing

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?

Absolutely

Taylormade Sim2 9° (set to 7°) - Fujikura Pro 53k X  -  Taylormade 300 Mini 11.5° (set to 9.5°) - Rip Alpha 60x

Ping G410 LST 9° (set to 8°) - Tensi Raw Orange 60x  -  Callaway Tour Epic Flash ♦♦♦ 8° (set to 6°) - WhiteBoard 73x

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo Tour Spec X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X
Cleveland Zipcore 50°/54°/58°  - Tour S400
Mack Made Custom - Toulon Memphis - Stability in both
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

1. City, State?  Scottsdale AZ

2. Handicap? 13

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag?  to replace my aging (oldest club in my bag) Cobra F7 19*  It fills the gap between my 3 wood (TM Sim 14*) and Utility iron (TM Gapr Mid at 21*)

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood?  As I have advanced as a golfer - I find the hybrid can let me down with too much draw bias.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?  Absolutely 

TM Sim 8* Tour Issue w/ Diamana BF 60TX

TM Sim 15* w/ Graphite Design AD-DI 7S

Cobra F7 2-3hy w/ Matrix Ozik Red Tie 85s

Srixon ZX5 w/ KBS C-Taper Light 115g

Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50/54/58 w/ Nippon Modus 3 105S

Bettinardi Tour Issue DASS Kuchar Model 1 ("KM1") Armlock or

PXG One and Done Armlock

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV

1. City, State?  Baton Rouge, LA

2. Handicap? 6

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag?  I would like to try UW as a 3wood replacement. Looking for a 250yd carry

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood?  Depending on the lie, 3wood's are not my favorite club to hit. Never have tested a hybrid that didn't want to go left

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?  Yes 

Titleist TSi3 / Tensei AV Raw white proto 2.0 75TX
Titleist TSi2 13.5 / Tensei AV Raw white proto 2.0 85TX
TM Sim udi 3 / Nippon 130x
Srixon ZX7 4-PW / Nippon 130x
Taylormade MG raw 50.54.58 Nippon 125x
Titleist -ProV1x
Putter of the day

1. City, State? Richmond, VA

2. Handicap? .9

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? Hoping that it can fill the gap between 3 wood and 4 iron, giving me a 240-250 club!

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? 5 woods are too big, 2 iron is too inconsistent, and I don’t want to play a 18* hybrid.

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Absolutely!

TSI3 - Hzrdus Hulk 70 6.5TX

TM SIM 15* - Tensei Orange 80TX

Apex UW 19* - ADDI 9X

Srixon ZX7 - DGX100

Vokey 50/54/58

Toulon Atlanta

1. City, State?

Moorhead, MN

2. Handicap?

It would hopefully be a 240-250 yard option for long par 5's.  Give me the ability to go for the green from a variety of lies.  Not a hybrid fan and UT irons don't launch high enough to suit my needs.  Currently in a 7 wood but can only really hit it from a pristine lie (I am not historically a great fw player). 

I love the creativity in this space.  I like that it is getting more attention vs just UT and hybrids.  There is a need between a fw and hybrid and I think it could fit the bill. 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?

Of course! One caveat though.  There is snow on the ground and any reviews would be from the new simulator facility opening a few blocks from my house.  

Taylormade OG Sim 10.5* w/Diamana PD 60X tipped 1"
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* 3 Wood w/Ventus Red 7X 1.5" tipping
Taylormade Sim2 15* w/Riptide 80TX
Callaway Apex TCB 4-PW w/MCA MMT 125TX
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 w/Stability Tour Black
Callaway MD5 Jaws 52, 58, 64
Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track or Srixon Z Star XV

1. City, State? Newport Beach, CA

2. Handicap? 7

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? 3 wood replacement that I can hit off the fairway and out of the rough. 

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? To see if an outside-the-box bag setup can work for my game. 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yes.

1. City, State? Charleston, WV

2. Handicap? 2.9

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? 19 deg hybrid replacement

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? Been trying to replace my original Callaway XR hybrid for years.  Would like to find something to kick it out of the bag.

1. City, State? Dobbs Ferry, NY

2. Handicap? 6

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? It would fit in the 5 wood slot.

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood?  I want to test the UW to see if it has more versatility than a traditional fairway wood.  I do not like hybrids, and as a result I bag a 5 wood or a driving iron depending on the course layout(if I need a tee alternative, or a fairway to hit into par 5s

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yes, absolutely

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

1. City, State? Wichita, Ks is the area I live in but with the amount of great golf in a 100 mile radius .... yeah, we play all over. 

2. Handicap? What's that? I never play where a a handicap comes into play and I refuse to be locked into one course so I can pad a handicap. How do I score? mid 70's to low 80's anywhere, with the occasional high 80's or low 70" depending on the amount of beer and bad jokes flowing.

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? I carry a Adams pro gold now. Is it good enough to knock it out of the bag. 5 have tried, 5 have failed.

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? Always looking for anything to help with not just scoring but enjoyment of the game. 

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yeah, I can do that. Considering I spend my professional career teaching photo, graphic arts and illustration it will be no problem to review and photo the trials and tribulations of the round. 

Edited by Frenchy071

Can’t wait for this one!

1. City, State? W. Bloomfield, MI

2. Handicap? +1

3. How would the Apex Utility Wood fit into your bag? 5 wood replacement

4. Why do you want to test the Callaway Apex Utility Wood? To validate the hype!

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread? Yes

On 10/12/2021 at 4:08 PM, GolfWRX_Official said:

1368753744_CallawayApexWood.png.8cdb1cee286c5e225da6b3ed356cd45e.png

The whole forum was buzzing about the "prototype" woods seen in the bags of Callaway staff players like Phil Mickelson recently. Well we now know that the mystery club is the new Callaway Apex Utility Wood! We are looking for 3 members to put a Apex Utility Wood in their bag to test out and review for the GolfWRX community. So enter now for your chance to be a tester of this versatile wood!

About The Callaway Apex Utility Wood

This unique design combines the best features of higher lofted fairway woods, the best features of hybrids, and a more neutral ball flight. Using direct feedback from world-class pros like Phil Mickelson and Xander Schauffele, Callaway has created a multi-purpose club that better players can rely on from the tee, fairway, or rough.

Tour Inspired Compact, Workable Shape & Optimized Length
The distinct clubhead shaping is inspired by in-depth feedback from TOUR pros. It’s a compact profile that they want to shape their shots for enhanced control. Club lengths are set between a fairway wood and a hybrid, allowing for versatile playability while still being easier to hit.

High Launch, Consistent Control and Tighter Dispersion
17.6 grams of MIM’D Tungsten Weighting per club. Callaway has precisely positioned the Center of Gravity in a neutral location for an exceptional combination of high launch, steeper landing angles, consistent spin characteristics, reduced draw bias, and 17% tighter downrange dispersion.

High Velocity Ball Speeds
Callaway's Jailbreak A.I. Velocity Blades are engineered to increase vertical stiffness near the sole of the club, creating more speed low on the face where players often mishit their hybrids. These blades allow the Face Cup to flex on the crown for better spin rate consistency, and the bars are spread to enhance torsional stiffness, leading to more forgiveness across the face.

How to Apply

In a post below, answer the following questions

1. City, State?

2. Handicap?

5. Do you agree to take high quality photos, write an in-depth review, and be part of an on-going testing thread?

That's it! Callaway Golf and GolfWRX will choose the testers in about 2 weeks! This testing event is for good-standing members in the USA only!

Davenport, IA

+1

I need something reliable between 4 iron and 3 wood and I struggle with traditional hybrids

It looks more neutral than traditional hybrids 

yes I agree