Callaway UW

copegolfer

I hit the 19* on GC Quad today and was getting about 230 total, 220 carry. Mid launch but the spin was pretty low. Don’t think I ever got over 3000 off the deck. The Trono 75X is an interesting profile. The mid part is so stiff but there’s some feel with the softer tip and butt section. It’s like an inverse blue profile

• Like 1

PING G425 LST 9* - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X

Srixon ZX 15* - Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 7X

Callaway UW 19* - LA Golf Trono 75X

PING G410 22* - Tensei CK Pro White 90X

Srixon ZX5 5-PW - Nippon Modus3 Tour 105X

Cleveland CBX2 50* - DG 115 Wedge

Cleveland CBX2 54* - DG 115 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw X Grind 60* - DG 115 Wedge

Odyssey White Hot OG #7S

6 minutes ago, sociojeje said:

@jeffrey r How did you get the additional weight? Mine came with 7g too. While I love how it feels now, I would love to tinker a bit more!

I have a whole weight kit from like 2g-18g I bought from eBay when I played the Mavrik drivers.  Plus, I have some Epic Flash woods and some Callaway hybrids around that have different weights. It’s all the same weights Callaway has been using for years.

• Thanks 1

Ping G425 Max 9* Driver, UST Mamiya Proforce V2 6F3

Cobra King SpeedZone 14.5* 3 Wood, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0

Callaway Epic Flash 7 Wood, Accra FX 2.0 200F M3

Srixon Z H85 4 Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.0

Ping G425 Irons 5-UW, Aerotech Steelfiber i110 R

Cleveland RTX Zipcore SW (54*/10) and LW (58*/10), Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S

Scotty Cameron 009-M Putter

3 minutes ago, cmy said:

I wonder if you can get additional weights from Billy Bob’s? I would like to cut down the shaft by -.25”.

Yea you can. Golf works, Amazon too

PING G425 LST 9* - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X

Srixon ZX 15* - Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 7X

Callaway UW 19* - LA Golf Trono 75X

PING G410 22* - Tensei CK Pro White 90X

Srixon ZX5 5-PW - Nippon Modus3 Tour 105X

Cleveland CBX2 50* - DG 115 Wedge

Cleveland CBX2 54* - DG 115 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw X Grind 60* - DG 115 Wedge

Odyssey White Hot OG #7S

The 17° Trono 65S -1/2” arrived today in time for a trip to the range. No buildup, this club exceeds my expectations. It reminds me of the first time I hit the original Adams Tight Lies (yeah, I’m that old). Ball jumped off the face with no effort. Long and straight, shot after shot. There’s a very nice feel at impact. 

I was a little worried the Trono would be too much. But it has just enough give to feel what’s going on. Very happy with this one.  Thanx WRX for the heads up!

• Like 4

Sigh.....Callaway Mexico failed to add the building number on the delivery address.....now we'll wait til mañana..... 😝

PS - Weather tomorrow? Rain and thunderstorms.... 😆

First world problems.....

Callaway Epic Max LS @ 9º

Callaway Apex UW @ 19º

Taylormade Sim Rescue @ 22º

Srixon ZX 4I @ 23º

Srixon ZX4 5-PW

Vokeys - 52º,56º,60º

Evnroll ER2B 

Ordered Friday morning, and it was on my doorstep this afternoon. For a custom build, during a time riddled with supply chain issues, and shipping delays?  It’s almost unbelievable. Looking forward to giving it a go. I jumped on the Trono bandwagon for a good deal, but actually have been looking for a club in the 20-21 degree range I can elevate more than my U500 3-iron. 

Mine came today, 19* trono 75x. I didn't really want or need it, but bought it because of the deal and figured someone in my group would give me my money back if I decided not to keep it. So far the thing feels like a missile launcher I’m hitting it a good 30 yards past my 19* Srixon ZX 2i. I didnt know anything about the shaft before I ordered, but I actually really like it. Profile is different, but overall does not feel any “stiffer” than the ventus black I play in my driver, 3w, and 2i. 

Not sure if I’ll play it bc honestly it’s just too long for my gapping, but it feels great. 

Edited by mdmack
Spelling
  • Like 3

17 and 21 came today!!!

no shipping notification from PGA store. Order on the site still says processing. Have not been charged yet either…..

88768E96-568E-4BEC-856E-4D3176FDE3C3.jpeg

CB8A0FDC-05CD-4295-808C-F9AF429CD6A6.jpeg

ABADF260-1160-4E46-B331-B805123941D8.jpeg

• Like 1

TM Stealth + 9*... Fujikura Ventus TR 6x

TM 300 Mini 13.5*... VA Composites Raijin 74x ---- TM Stealth+ 15*... Fujikura Ventus TR 7x

TM Stealth Rescue 19*... Accra FX300 90x

Mizuno 223 4 - PW... KBS $-Taper 125 ---- Srixon ZX7 4 - PW... Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 115tx ---- New Level PF-1 Black 4-P ... Accra iSteel 125

Mizuno T22 50*, 55*, 59*... KBS $-Taper 125 ---- Corey Paul wedges 52 , 56 , 60 ... Accra iSteel 125

Scotty Phantom x9.5 Triple Black ---- Scotty Newport 2 Champions Choice ... LAGP TPZ USA Ryder cup edition

Vessel Players Stand 2.0

Bridgestone Tour B XS

20 minutes ago, JoeFrigo said:

17 and 21 came today!!!

no shipping notification from PGA store. Order on the site still says processing. Have not been charged yet either…..

88768E96-568E-4BEC-856E-4D3176FDE3C3.jpeg

CB8A0FDC-05CD-4295-808C-F9AF429CD6A6.jpeg

ABADF260-1160-4E46-B331-B805123941D8.jpeg

I wonder why some of the shafts have the “16” below the “P” on the shaft and some don’t? 

• Like 1

COBRA RADSPEED XB @ 8° | MOTORE X F1 60

COBRA RADSPEED 3W @ 14.5° | MOTORE X F1 70

SRIXON ZX 4HY @ 22° | HZRDUS SMOKE BLACK 80

SUB70 699 PRO 6-PW | DG 105

CLEVELAND RTX ZIPCORE 51°/56°/61° | MODUS3 WEDGE 125

TAYLORMADE SPIDER X HYDRO BLAST SINGLE BEND | KBS CT TOUR

TITLEIST PROV1X

My 21 doesn’t say “Partners” under the LAGp on the shaft and doesn’t have the “16” on it 

TITLEIST PROV1X

3 hours ago, sivansky said:

Just finished 18, got lucky that it came on the day I was leaving work early. I got the 17* with the Trono 75X. I didn’t know much about the shaft but just ordered because of the deal. For me it’s not a low launch or low spin shaft at all. I swing it pretty quick (115-120 driver) but without much hard loading of the shaft. The Trono has a stiff butt section but the tip felt pretty lively to me, I could feel it kick when usually I play shafts where I don’t feel anything in the tip section. I hit some absolute moon balls with it, but the distance was still okay which is encouraging. On one hole I hit 2 with the UW- one was hit okay and one was flushed. Then I hit one with my 19.5* sim2 rescue (turned one click lower) and crushed it. The sim2 was about 5 yards ahead of my okay UW and 20 yards behind my good one. 
Absolutely love the shape of the head, sits super square to maybe a little open. Very workable, feels hot off the face. If they made it in a 15* I would pay just about any price they set it at, but for now I’m going to try to get a lower launching shaft in the 17. Sorry if that was too long 

B299E2E5-9FF5-4FBE-A1A7-8E85FE454959.jpeg

You can order the 17* at 16*, not 15 but closer then 17.

• Like 1

Just now, mjbk24 said:

Mine says 16. Was wondering what it meant too

It’s the 16 sided tooling LAGP uses to create stability and soft feel according to this site 

https://drivingrangeheroes.com/la-golf-shafts-trono-shaft-review/

TITLEIST PROV1X

Just now, sociojeje said:

I think it is just about printing? If you go to the official website, it doesn't have the partners and 16 mark. Mine has it though. I guess nothing to worry about? 

Good to know thanks man! 

TITLEIST PROV1X

19 minutes ago, sociojeje said:

Maybe either one could be just a new stock batch. I guess the trono stock at callaway is running out. Honestly, even most golf fanatics likes us would never have thought about it without the "secret" deal. 

Amen to that!

TITLEIST PROV1X

2 hours ago, tilasan1 said:

You can order the 17* at 16*, not 15 but closer then 17.

Is roger dunn also doing the trono shafts as a accidental free upgrade? I want the 17 deg bent to 16 deg and also the trono shaft. Unless someone has been able to do this in store at pga ss while also getting the trono

20 minutes ago, Vardon Grip said:

Could this be the greatest marketing experiment (stunt) ever run by an equipment manufacturer?

Maybe they worked out a deal with LA shafts? Probably not...

I still think it’s a screw-up, based on their having a) hybrid shafts, not wood shafts, listed with the Apex UW for the first several days; b) real-deal Ventus shafts during those first few days for no upcharge as well, and c) the ineptitude of the people at PGA SS that I talked to during those first few days when I was just trying to figure out what the heck was going on. I have a feeling they’re going to get to the end of the month and some accountant is going to lose their mind when they realize what’s been happening.

But who knows … that would be a heck of a stunt!

Has anyone confirmed exact tipping that callaway is doing with these shafts? I saw a post earlier that someone posted when speaking to a callaway rep but just wanted to see if anyone can confirm.

Also if anyone remembers, is this club shape similar to the Diablo octane tour fairway woods from 2011 (Henrik Stenson)? They look awfully similar in photos but I haven’t had a chance to see one in person

Edited by rorykoepka

2 minutes ago, rorykoepka said:

Has anyone confirmed exact tipping that callaway is doing with these shafts? I saw a post earlier that someone posted when speaking to a callaway rep but just wanted to see if anyone can confirm.

Also if anyone remembers, is this club shape similar to the Diablo octane tour fairway woods from 2011 (Henrik Stenson)? They look awfully similar in photos but I haven’t had a chance to see one in person

I haven’t asked Callaway but just based on how close the VeloCore graphic is to the club head, eyeballing it, the other poster’s info makes sense. (I’m out of town for a few days and don’t have my clubs with me, so I can’t measure right now. Just happened to have this picture.)

A4DEEF6A-5E68-4044-AE91-13BB3CADC175.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, eric61 said:

I haven’t asked Callaway but just based on how close the VeloCore graphic is to the club head, eyeballing it, the other poster’s info makes sense. (I’m out of town for a few days and don’t have my clubs with me, so I can’t measure right now. Just happened to have this picture.)

A4DEEF6A-5E68-4044-AE91-13BB3CADC175.jpeg

That looks very close to what the other poster said. Thanks for the image! Tempted to order this but the trono 65x looks pretty soft from the specs…I like all my fairway woods in the 65 gram range. The difference between 65x and 75x in the trono seems really big. Wish I jumped on the ventus blue deal when it was avail! 😢 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So I have not received and tracking and my order (19 and 21 with Trono 75s) still says processing on the website. Ordered Friday night.

BUT…I bit the bullet and emailed PGATSS customer service with my order number yesterday and they got back to me quickly saying the clubs shipped and should be to me today—included UPs tracking to confirm. 

So, there must be a disconnect with the custom orders going to Callaway but they sure are getting then in our hands lightning fast.

I haven't hit the Trono 75x yet but the waggle test feels like rebar.  I might be jumping the gun but is there anyway I can return the 75x to the PGA SS for 75s?  Or will they catch on and charge me an extra $800 for two clubs? 🤣

If no returns are allowed, I'm just going to do a full Bryson during the winter and gain 20lbs of muscle so I can load this beast.  

Again, my GD AD-DI x flex is much more livelier than the Trono 75x  with the wag test.