Callaway UW

copegolfer

Anyone order one Thursday night that has tracking already? 

COBRA RADSPEED XB @ 8° | MOTORE X F1 60

COBRA RADSPEED 3W @ 14.5° | MOTORE X F1 70

SRIXON ZX 4HY @ 22° | HZRDUS SMOKE BLACK 80

SUB70 699 PRO 6-PW | DG 105

CLEVELAND RTX ZIPCORE 51°/56°/61° | MODUS3 WEDGE 125

TAYLORMADE SPIDER X HYDRO BLAST SINGLE BEND | KBS CT TOUR

TITLEIST PROV1X

Lol, order placed for 19 with Trono 75s. I seriously just had my best day on the range with my 5 wood and utility 3 iron as if both clubs somehow knew they were on the block and decided to wake up. (Someone please buy the irons I have up on the bst 🙏 🙏🙏). Figured I needed something that goes higher than my utility iron since it finally decided to rain in CA and could be soft for the next couple of months. That's my reasoning for needing this anyway...

With my luck, they will run out of heads or shafts and it will be backordered into 2022. 😆

• Haha 2

Sim2 Max 9* Ventus Red 6x
Sim2 Max 3HL Tour AD HD 7s
Callaway UW 19* Trono 75s
PING G425 hybrid *22 Accra TZ5 95 m4
Titleist T100 5-P Modus 120x

SM8 50, 56F
Fourteen RM4 60H
Newport 2

6 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

Same for me too. I ordered all three lofts with the 75X Trono. Maybe we missed the window?

Ya I’m thinking so. Probably ship out Monday or Tuesday 

TITLEIST PROV1X

44 minutes ago, Mizzoujames said:

I didnt get shipping until the day my club arrived.  Literally the same day it showed up.

yes...check your ups app...it will show up there first.

CALLAWAY Customs (Black w/Silver) "The FREAK" Mavrik Sub Zero Driver, 9* (10*), Accra TZ6/M5 72g X

CALLAWAY Apex UW 17* LAGolf Tour Issue Prototype Trono 75x

PXG GEN4 0311X, 18* (20*), Ventus Velo Black HB 10TX

PXG GEN4 0311ST, Xtreme Dark, 4 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout

PXG GEN4 0311T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout

PXG GEN4 0311XP/GEN0311P, Xtreme Dark, 5 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 56*/10, 60*/7, PX 6.5 Blackout //  CALLAWAY JAWS MD5 Custom Wedges, 54*(55*)/10S, 60*/08C; PX LS 6.5....TOULON GARAGE Austin Custom Rose Gold // SCOTTY CAMERON Santa Fe T3 Custom Antique Copper  .... STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550// COBALT Q6 Slope

I posted a quick review after hitting this thing on a Trackman earlier in the week, but I took it out for its first 18 today and … all I can say is, Callaway really got this one right.

I’m a more moderate swinger (driver gets up to 101-ish mph clubhead speed, and I was swinging the Apex UW about 93 on the Trackman). So I was already pleasantly surprised that this was carrying 230 for me on the Trackman. I found today on the course I could really step on it and get it to carry 240. That’s approaching my driver carry.

My stock shot with it is just a little 5-yard cut that peaks at around 100 feet. I loved my 5 wood but sometimes it went too high — this totally fixes that. I was worried the flight might be a little too low for what I was going for, but it’s not. It had plenty of height and spin to stop on the green on a par 5 where I’d lasered the pin at 241. That was the only par 5 green I successfully landed on all day, but that’s because I suck at golf, not because of anything the UW did wrong. 

It’s workable when you need it to be. But when you want to just hit it straight and long, I sort of felt like I couldn’t miss. I’ll also say it’s a better tee club than hybrids have ever been for me before.

The hardest thing is figuring out when to hit any other club between driver and like 5 iron. My fairway wood didn’t come out of my bag at all today. I also carry a 23 degree 4 hybrid, but only used it a couple times and by the end of the round found myself just gripping down on the Apex UW instead, because I’d been money with it all day.

I’m using the Ventus Blue w/ Velocore 7S right now, but have a Trono 75S on the way, and am looking forward to comparing them. I can also see why Callaway was sort of pushing (with the Phil and Johnny Wunder videos) the idea of putting a heavier Ventus Red into this — it’s a little hard for me to explain but if you know that shaft, it feels pretty obvious that they’d be a good pairing for a lot of people. I typically don’t get along with Ventus Red very well, but might have to try it some day.

Edited by eric61
  • Like 2

On 10/22/2021 at 11:07 PM, tilasan1 said:

Just an FYI as everyone is ordering off PGA superstore, and don't think they have the option, but you can order plus or minus one degree loft or lie. I ordered the 17 at 16 to hopefully replace my 3 wood.

This is correct ordered my 21* bent 1 strong and 1 flat. Just ordered it a couple days ago so no shipping notice yet. 

FORTOURUSEONLY'S WITB

Titleist TSi3 9° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei AV Series Raw Orange 65 TX

Titleist TSi2 15°, 21° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Series Pro Orange 90 TX

Titleist T200('21) 4i, T100S('21) 5-9i w/ Nippon N.S.Pro Modus³ Tour 125 X

Vokey BVHG SM8 46.10F, 52.12F, 54.10S, 60.08M w/ DG Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Roundback Tour Prototype Weld Neck 1.5

52 minutes ago, cubuffs said:

Wednesday night, will be delivered tomorrow.

I ordered on 10/20, goty confirmation they are arriving tomorrow with the Trono 75S.  I'm pretty pumped, I have the 17 and 21 with the RDX stiff.  I'm getting great numbers and results with the RDX, bit they do feel a little loose

I noticed the front sole is kind of raised. Does this act well through the turf? Seems like their version of a v-sole

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with Hzrdus RDX Blue 70g 6.0 

2H: Callaway Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: Sub70 939X UST proforce V2 black F5 hybrid soft stepped XStiff 

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long 

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid (Backup 54*,60*: Ping S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: Putter: TAII #2  

Ball: Snell MTB-X

Tracked by Arccos

2 hours ago, NicholasP said:

I ordered on 10/20, goty confirmation they are arriving tomorrow with the Trono 75S.  I'm pretty pumped, I have the 17 and 21 with the RDX stiff.  I'm getting great numbers and results with the RDX, bit they do feel a little loose

Looks my 10/20 order still hasn’t shipped as of today. Wonder if it’s because of my grip choice 

1 hour ago, Sounders360 said:

Where do you see that when ordering of their site? Not seeing it when I try to place my order? 

Bending cannot be order via the PGASS online....you would need to visit one of their stores to have it ordered that way....PGASS CS

CALLAWAY Customs (Black w/Silver) "The FREAK" Mavrik Sub Zero Driver, 9* (10*), Accra TZ6/M5 72g X

CALLAWAY Apex UW 17* LAGolf Tour Issue Prototype Trono 75x

PXG GEN4 0311X, 18* (20*), Ventus Velo Black HB 10TX

PXG GEN4 0311ST, Xtreme Dark, 4 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout

PXG GEN4 0311T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout

PXG GEN4 0311XP/GEN0311P, Xtreme Dark, 5 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 56*/10, 60*/7, PX 6.5 Blackout //  CALLAWAY JAWS MD5 Custom Wedges, 54*(55*)/10S, 60*/08C; PX LS 6.5....TOULON GARAGE Austin Custom Rose Gold // SCOTTY CAMERON Santa Fe T3 Custom Antique Copper  .... STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550// COBALT Q6 Slope

Another range day today and I’m loving this club. Lefty 19* w/stock RDX shaft. It hits high bombs that carry 230-240. Can draw or fade if that’s your skill level, otherwise just wants to go high and straight. Can’t wait to get it out on the course, and especially interested in the Trono shaft and what could possibly be any better.

• Like 1

Fingers crossed for delivery confirmation for myself and those that ordered last week

Tired Over It GIF by Desus & Mero

TITLEIST PROV1X

On 10/22/2021 at 1:08 PM, Heymoose said:

Any special builds on these quick deliveries - like longer, shorter, grip build up, or are they just stock builds with the Trono? I had my 17* +1/2” length so probably going to take longer I’m guessing.  Anxious to get since the season is quickly coming to a close here in the NE. 

That is the exact build that I ordered on Wednesday and it is supposed to arrive today (to New England no less!).

Edited by cubuffs

I went with the 21 degree as an alternative option to my U45 2i (18 degrees).

Seeing on TXG that these are super hot and go further than loft would suggest, so that is my reasoning for going 21 over 19.

Am I on the right track going 21 if this is meant to be my 2i replacement/alternative or should I have ordered 19?

17 minutes ago, manima1 said:

I went with the 21 degree as an alternative option to my U45 2i (18 degrees).

Seeing on TXG that these are super hot and go further than loft would suggest, so that is my reasoning for going 21 over 19.

Am I on the right track going 21 if this is meant to be my 2i replacement/alternative or should I have ordered 19?

I've got 3 rounds in with a 17*- so far I love it, its been great off the deck, tee, rough, you name it.  I find it plays very comparable distance to a 4wd(so maybe true to loft?) but with a much more manageable ball flight and consistent distance (no super high low spin bombs).  

Going with the 17* leaves a large gap back to my 4-iron(21* P790).  I ordered a 21* hoping it plays into a 3-iron/hybrid slot for me.  I'm not worried about it being too long, but I am worried about it not being any longer than the 4-iron.  I figure with the extra shaft length is should help separate the distance

IG: instagram.com/launchedgolf
Started the season..........                                         Current
SIM2  9.5* Ventus Black 6X                                      SIM2  9.5* Ventus Black 6X (TSi4 9* RDX Smoke Blue 60X 47"

TSi2 15* RDX Smoke Black 70 6.5                           300 Mini Ventus Black 7X
TSi2 21* Hulk 80TX                                                   17* Apex UW RDX 80X pre-ordered
'21 X-Forged UT 4, MMT 105TX                               '21 P790 4-PW, AW   DGX10
'21 X-Forged 5-PW                                                    Glide 3.0 54* SS
MG2 50*                                                                    Jaws Full Toe 58*

Jaws Raw 56/12X,  60/8T
Odyssey Ten 2-Ball Arm Lock(its an experiment)   Odyssey Ten 2-Ball Arm Lock(experiment worked)

19 minutes ago, JTK37 said:

I've got 3 rounds in with a 17*- so far I love it, its been great off the deck, tee, rough, you name it.  I find it plays very comparable distance to a 4wd(so maybe true to loft?) but with a much more manageable ball flight and consistent distance (no super high low spin bombs).  

Going with the 17* leaves a large gap back to my 4-iron(21* P790).  I ordered a 21* hoping it plays into a 3-iron/hybrid slot for me.  I'm not worried about it being too long, but I am worried about it not being any longer than the 4-iron.  I figure with the extra shaft length is should help separate the distance

I play a 4W as well so was worried 19 degree would be to close to that club.  I think I made the right call with the 21 but we shall see

My 17* should be in Friday. I’ve been playing g410 2y as a 3/4W spot replacement for 2 years now. This UW came out just in time when I was looking for a replacement. Just ordered the stock 80x rdx tipped an extra inch at stock length. If it’s not enough I’ll just throw VB 8x in. 

TSI3 @ 8.5* - AV Raw White 2.0 Proto 75tx
G410 hybrid @ 16* - Hzdrus black 85x
Callaway Apex UT 20* - RIP 100x
Bridgestone J40DPC 3-P - PX 7.0
Sub70 54*/60* - S400

OG 1WS, Premier Soft 11s, Scotty Catalina 2