Nike Footwear 2022 (Unofficial Thread) (***NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS***)

4 hours ago, Snoopy said:

the Roshe Tours are just such a solid shoe. I have never seen Hovland wear anything else. Rory wore them a bunch, and the same with fleetwood. 

Nice style, replaceable spikes, good sole, water proof, good price 110$ 

I dont know why Nike always just stops making successful golf shoes. The Nike Infinity React Pros are ok, but the spikes are just terrible. There is no "entry level" shoes with actual spikes in the Nike line. I just dont under stand. 

It leaves the customer confused. 

They should have staples in the line every year. 

Entry level spikeless- Less than 100

Standard Spiked-110/120 

Standard Spikeless 130/140

Prem Spiked 180

Prem Spikeless 160

Ultra Prem Tour Shoe-220 

I certainly understand your contention with spikes that are not replaceable. However, I think that Nike has done a good job of covering the markets that you name above (replaceable spikes aside). At least they did in 2021.

Entry level spikeless- Less than 100 Victory G Lite - $70

Entry leve spiked would be the Infinity G - $70

Standard Spiked-110/120 Infinity Pro - $120 (AZ Tiger Woods - $150)

Standard Spikeless 130/140 AM90 $130 / AM270 $270

Prem Spiked 180 AZ Infinity Tour - $180 / AZ Victory Tour 2 - $180

Prem Spikeless 160 - no option unless you consider AM270 - $150

Ultra Prem Tour Shoe-220 - no option

That's a pretty decent catalog. There are all sorts of reasons that you may like another manufacturer like: don't care for the design of the ZIT, or you may not like the idea of streetwear in golf like the AM series, the integrated traction pattern on their Infinity Series doesnt work for you, and of course there is the fact that these shoes simply will not fit some people's feet, but I think there is a decent selection for many people.

Edited by blink3665
  • Like 2

Cleveland Launcher XL 9* - GD ADDI 6S
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")
Srixon ZXU 2i - Recoil95S - Softstepped - -1/2" - 2* flat
Srixon ZX5 4-AW - Recoil95S - Softstepped - -1/2" - 2* flat

Cleveland Zipcore Tour Rack 50*/54* mid, 58* low -0.5" - 2* flat 
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*
Odyssey OWorks 2ball  33.5" - 1* loft - 71* lie

WITB Link

55 minutes ago, blink3665 said:

I certainly understand your contention with spikes that are not replaceable. However, I think that Nike has done a good job of covering the markets that you name above (replaceable spikes aside). At least they did in 2021.

Entry level spikeless- Less than 100 Victory G Lite - $70

Entry leve spiked would be the Infinity G - $70

Standard Spiked-110/120 Infinity Pro - $120 (AZ Tiger Woods - $150)

Standard Spikeless 130/140 AM90 $130 / AM270 $270

Prem Spiked 180 AZ Infinity Tour - $180 / AZ Victory Tour 2 - $180

Prem Spikeless 160 - no option unless you consider AM270 - $150

Ultra Prem Tour Shoe-220 - no option

That's a pretty decent catalog. There are all sorts of reasons that you may like another manufacturer like: don't care for the design of the ZIT, or you may not like the idea of streetwear in golf like the AM series, the integrated traction pattern on their Infinity Series doesnt work for you, and of course there is the fact that these shoes simply will not fit some people's feet, but I think there is a decent selection for many people.

I think the problem with this catalog is that everyone liked the previous shoe models.  The problem isn't that there aren't enough options the problem is the previous options were better IMO.  Losing the Roshe tour and the tour premiere really hurt.  If you're gonna do a signature shoe for players (ZIT, Zoom victory tour) thats fine but leave the other options for everyone to have.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Drwoods2017 said:

I think the problem with this catalog is that everyone liked the previous shoe models.  The problem isn't that there aren't enough options the problem is the previous options were better IMO.  Losing the Roshe tour and the tour premiere really hurt.  If you're gonna do a signature shoe for players (ZIT, Zoom victory tour) thats fine but leave the other options for everyone to have.

Maybe I misunderstood Snoopy. I'm not sure if he wants 6 "staples" that don't change, year over year. Or if he wanted 6 different levels of shoes. That's my bad. If you want 6 staples, good luck. If you want 6 tiers of shoes, it's there.

I can potentially understand having 1 or 2 shoes in the lineup that don't change, so there is a level of familiarity. However, that familiarity could come at the cost of the consumer not jumping to the new line. I doubt Nike puts out shoes thinking that they will be unsuccessful. They probably thought that most people would naturally move from one model to another. I'm sure they know that people will be disappointed that x model went away, but that could be the price of progress, and a price they are willing to pay.

Everyone liking the previous catalog might be a stretch. The Roshe and I never got along, and I'm not sorry at all that it's gone. I do enjoy wearing my TPs, but they rarely make it into my rotation these days. It's just different perspectives based off what we like. There is always going to be loud voices on a site dedicated to golf, and a thread dedicated to Nike shoes. For each "The Roshe is gone and I can't stand the new lineup", there is probably a "Wow, these new Nikes are pretty cool. I'm gonna have to give them a try."

But obviously, this is all speculation from my side. Who knows. Maybe Nike Golf is dying on the vine. It wouldn't be hard to sell me that bill of goods based off of many voices in these Nike threads. Anyway, I like what they had in 2021, and I'm sure I'm gonna overspend in 2022 also.

• Like 1

Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

15 hours ago, blink3665 said:

Maybe I misunderstood Snoopy. I'm not sure if he wants 6 "staples" that don't change, year over year. Or if he wanted 6 different levels of shoes. That's my bad. If you want 6 staples, good luck. If you want 6 tiers of shoes, it's there.

I can potentially understand having 1 or 2 shoes in the lineup that don't change, so there is a level of familiarity. However, that familiarity could come at the cost of the consumer not jumping to the new line. I doubt Nike puts out shoes thinking that they will be unsuccessful. They probably thought that most people would naturally move from one model to another. I'm sure they know that people will be disappointed that x model went away, but that could be the price of progress, and a price they are willing to pay.

Everyone liking the previous catalog might be a stretch. The Roshe and I never got along, and I'm not sorry at all that it's gone. I do enjoy wearing my TPs, but they rarely make it into my rotation these days. It's just different perspectives based off what we like. There is always going to be loud voices on a site dedicated to golf, and a thread dedicated to Nike shoes. For each "The Roshe is gone and I can't stand the new lineup", there is probably a "Wow, these new Nikes are pretty cool. I'm gonna have to give them a try."

But obviously, this is all speculation from my side. Who knows. Maybe Nike Golf is dying on the vine. It wouldn't be hard to sell me that bill of goods based off of many voices in these Nike threads. Anyway, I like what they had in 2021, and I'm sure I'm gonna overspend in 2022 also.

I just want consistency. Adidas is killing it in that department. The new models are just updated old models. 

What happened to the lunar line? It turned into the Victory, which is just meh. 

What about the roshes? I get they weren't for everyone, but they were a solid shoe that were decently priced, lots of colorways and easily available 

I get what you're saying about the current line up. Its not bad, but there is only one pair of Nikes I want to wear. The AM90s. The 270s are good practice shoes, the ZITs maybe the worst golf shoe ever made. No way Brooks is wearing the retail model. The reacts have that same garbage sole. The Victories are not close to other brands counterparts IMO. 

The Jordan ADG3s are great. So if you count those, there are only two shoes out of the whole line I am gaming in. 

I just want Nike to do better. More and More adidas are making their way into my closet. Thats not a bad thing, but I just want Nike to step it up. Hoping 2022 is the year. 

1 hour ago, Snoopy said:

I just want consistency. Adidas is killing it in that department. The new models are just updated old models. 

What about the roshes? I get they weren't for everyone, but they were a solid shoe that were decently priced, lots of colorways and easily available 

I get what you're saying about the current line up. Its not bad, but there is only one pair of Nikes I want to wear. The AM90s. The 270s are good practice shoes, the ZITs maybe the worst golf shoe ever made. No way Brooks is wearing the retail model. The reacts have that same garbage sole. The Victories are not close to other brands counterparts IMO. 

The Jordan ADG3s are great. So if you count those, there are only two shoes out of the whole line I am gaming in. 

I just want Nike to do better. More and More adidas are making their way into my closet. Thats not a bad thing, but I just want Nike to step it up. Hoping 2022 is the year. 

If you want consistently ugly & clunky golf shoes then I agree Adidas is killing it in that department.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

IG: @sneakers_and_greens

See, this is the funny part. I respect your opinion, but totally disagree. I had been wearing adidas for about 10 years, mostly because Nike generally are too narrow for me.

But then I changed and bought ZIT because I loved the style. I love the contemporary non-stuffy look. Cool colors, love the fabric upper instead of cheap molded plastic, never ever had an issue with spikes or sole, My handicap is the lowest it's ever been. I liked them so much I have 2 pairs.

I think the Victories are weird and would especially look odd with shorts. Most all the rest of Nike offerings are OK, I just hate that they're this bad molded plastic for waterproofness. Like Barbie shoes.

I dont get AT ALL any love for Roshes. They were big clumps of blobby no style. No tech. No details, no shape. No nothing.

Adidas? Like the new fabric-ZG21s. CodeChaos 20 were weird with that worm-y texture on the uppers. ZG21? $180 for plastic Barbie shoe uppers. 21 CodeChaos? just totally weird I don't know how an adult over 30 could put those on their feet.

If you look at every club manufacturer, they don't let models go longer than 2 years (aside from putters). People want new stuff. Redesigning a shoe costs way less than clubs. And there will be years people don't like what you offer...but then there will be years those people DO like what you offer. It's style, it's subjective, so it's good to change often to give consumers choices.

But rest easy. In 15 years maybe people will consider Roshe Tours classics and Nike will bring them back as retros in cool colorways and limited quantities! Maybe as major packs!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think the ZIT (have 3 pairs) is one of the most comfortable of the many pairs of Nikes I have owned and I also think that the AM90 is cheap plastic trash. I agree with ADG3 being very good. Adidas to me is boring.

Therein is the issue...everyone has a different opinion and you can't please all the people all the time.

Edited by fredstar
  • Like 3

Nike Tour Premiere
Nike TW13
Jordan Flight Runner
Ecco Biom Hybrid
Nike TW14 Masters 
Nike React Vapor 2
Nike AM97

Sim Max driver
M6 3, 5 woods
Vokey SM7 wedges
Scotty Fastback T22

2 hours ago, bsoudi said:

See, this is the funny part. I respect your opinion, but totally disagree. I had been wearing adidas for about 10 years, mostly because Nike generally are too narrow for me.

This statement is completely the opposite of my experience.  Nikes have always fit me consistently well up until the past couple years.  Now they are way too narrow for the most part, so I've switched to Adidas for most rounds (Code Chaos and ZG21s).  So it's funny to me that Nikes were too narrow for you in the past but now you're wearing shoes that are much narrower in the ZITs.  I guess I don't know which specific Nike shoes were too narrow for you in the past, though.   I'm thinking of all the TWs and the Lunar models, which fit great.

Nike ZITs and all of the AMs are impossible for me to wear because of how narrow they are.  Even the ultra comfortable Jordan 11s are tight enough that I have to wear a half size bigger than normal.  The only shoes that have really fit are the Roshe Tours and Jordan 4s and 5s.  I don't mind that Nike has shifted to the running shoe style recently, but all that comfort tech and style is pointless if the shoes don't fit, which is the case for me.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DFW Snowman said:

This statement is completely the opposite of my experience.  Nikes have always fit me consistently well up until the past couple years.  Now they are way too narrow for the most part, so I've switched to Adidas for most rounds (Code Chaos and ZG21s).  So it's funny to me that Nikes were too narrow for you in the past but now you're wearing shoes that are much narrower in the ZITs.  I guess I don't know which specific Nike shoes were too narrow for you in the past, though.   I'm thinking of all the TWs and the Lunar models, which fit great.

Nike ZITs and all of the AMs are impossible for me to wear because of how narrow they are.  Even the ultra comfortable Jordan 11s are tight enough that I have to wear a half size bigger than normal.  The only shoes that have really fit are the Roshe Tours and Jordan 4s and 5s.  I don't mind that Nike has shifted to the running shoe style recently, but all that comfort tech and style is pointless if the shoes don't fit, which is the case for me.

RIGHT?!?!?

I have both wide and std ZIT and they're dine for me. (BTW, the soles were the same, just more forefoot room). My trainign shoes are Nike std, but I've returned Nike AM90s, Nike Metcons and Nike SB models for being painfully narrow.  My running shoes are Adidas UltraBoosts and they are comfortably wide.

Obviously the last/form Nike used for the ZIT didn't fit everyone! I'm confident the ZIT evolution pictured above has a better fit and some more traditional features.

ZITs were the best feeling golf shoes I've ever used but I absolutely hated that outsole and cleat pattern. Hopefully next gen fixes that.

Ping G410+ 9*| Ventus Red 7x

Ping G410 3w | Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 8x

Ping G410 3h 19* | Ventus Blue 9x

T200/T100 Combo | PX LZ 6.5

SM8 46* | PX LZ 6.5

Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 58* | S400 TI

The issue I had with the ZITs is I felt like I was standing on platforms. The upper and look of the shoe was awesome. Like Nike running shoes. But I hated how big the midsole was. I felt like I couldnt roll my foot. Like a few said above, different strokes for different folks. I know some people love the ZITs. I just want a different sole option for 2022. 

I also agree that the Adidas line is boring looking, besides the crazy look of the code chaos. But I have a couple pairs of the Stan Smiths, and the Solarthons are great practice shoes. The ZG21s are very basic, and narrow. But if you get the wides, those are great shoes. 

I am really hoping for a killer line from Nike this year. A revamped ZIT, and hopefully the Jordan 1 lows will be actually available all year like the ADGs. I know that whatever they do with the ZIT, I will buy a pair to test because I am a shoe addict. Probably like the rest of you guys, I have an issue with buying golf shoes. 

On 10/28/2021 at 6:46 PM, Z1ggy16 said:

ZITs were the best feeling golf shoes I've ever used but I absolutely hated that outsole and cleat pattern. Hopefully next gen fixes that.

I hate that the cleats aren’t replaceable. A $200 shoe that is done when the cleat breaks and or you wear them off.

Epic Speed + ZF 6TSi2 17.25 + AD HD 7 / TSi2 20.25 + AD MJ 8 / TW-X 4 + TR20P + Modus3 105 / MD5 Raw / Toulon JDM Austin 

On 10/19/2021 at 5:38 AM, Cpk23 said:

The last good shoe Nike produced was the  SP-8 TW. That's 15 years ago.

I wouldn't go that far.  One of my favorites in terms of golf performance has to be the Lunar Control 3.  That one had the carbon plate, and an insane amount of sharp teeth-like spikes on the sole and toe box.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jaymay82 said:

I wouldn't go that far.  One of my favorites in terms of golf performance has to be the Lunar Control 3.  That one had the carbon plate, and an insane amount of sharp teeth-like spikes on the sole and toe box.

TW 71 was a good one too not that long ago that still is in my rotation.

TM SIM2 MAX 10.5/DIAMANA ZF 60S/GP TW WHT

TM SIM2 3 RESCUE/DIAMANA THUMP 90S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-7/PX IO 6.0/GP TW BLK

PXG GEN3 0311T 8-GW/PX IO 6.0/GP TW BLK

PXG 0311 FORGED 56/10 & 60/09/PX IO 6.0/GP TW BLK

TM SPIDER X CHALK CS/PX 6.5 BLK OUT/SS PS 1.0 BLK/WHT

TM TP5X 2021

Will Nike put the 2021 shoes on sale once the 2022s come out? Want to try out the Air Zoom Victory Tour 2. They are on sale on TGW for $135, which seems like a good price everywhere else has them for $180. Since I probably won't be playing for a while 

I may just wait and see what the new models are going to be. 

In the bag, at the moment:
Callaway Mavrik 10.5* Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60g Stiff
Ping G410 5 wood 17.5* UST Elements Chrome 7F4 set at 16.5*
Ping G410 22* hybrid Ping Tour 85 Stiff set at 21*
Callaway Apex UT 24* KBS Tour C-Taper Stiff
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 5-PW Project X 5.5 shafts
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled '09 Oil Can 52*, 56*, 62* Project X 5.5 shafts
TaylorMade Spider Mini Copper
Nike Sportlite II carry bag, olive/camo

Interesting. I'm excited to give them a try. Not sure I'm sold on the style, but as always, I'll reserve judgement until I have them in hand.

• Like 1

WITB Link