Jump to content

KBS Tour V Tour Spec 125 S+ Vs. Project X 6.5


mrmccormack
 Share

Recommended Posts

Anyone have experience testing these head to head? I currently game the PX 6.5. Entertained the Tour V 120x but was just a couple grams too light. From what I’ve read, the TS 125 S+ could be the ticket. Obviously fitting is the easiest answer, but they’re tough to demo/we all know speculation is fun. Thanks to all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, mrmccormack said:

Anyone have experience testing these head to head? I currently game the PX 6.5. Entertained the Tour V 120x but was just a couple grams too light. From what I’ve read, the TS 125 S+ could be the ticket. Obviously fitting is the easiest answer, but they’re tough to demo/we all know speculation is fun. Thanks to all.

I went from the PX 7.0 to the TS 125 S+ due to elbow issues. While I think the TS 125 S+ plays  way softer than the 7.0's, the 6.5 would/should be a good middle ground. I went away from the TS 125 S+ for the Modus 130X, because I wanted a heavier shaft and I am loving the Modus. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went from PXi 7.0 to Tour V 125+. It is heavier and softer.  I believe it frequencies softer than PX 6.5 although weight is very similar.  I would expect the Tour V to feel slightly better, presuming you don’t prefer the PX feel which is board(ier). 

Edited by HateTheHighDraw
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, mrmccormack said:

@Golf4lifer thanks. Do you feel that the 3 shafts shared similar launch/spin characteristics?

I would say the spin characteristics are about the same, to my eye, the Modus spins a hair less then the other two. Launch goes as follows, TS 125 S+ being the highest, PX7.0 higher and the Modus 130X high. I've had more ballooning issue with the TS 125 S+ then the other two. These shafts are very similar to me, and if the PX 7.0 didn't hurt my elbow I would still play it. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Based on my experience the KBS 125 s+ plays so soft. I went to the tour v 120x and found it stouter. If you're currently gaming the 6.5's stick with them, there isn't many profiles that fit that and I have to say the PX 6.5's still spin much lower than the tour v's. Had a set of px 6.5's in raw apex mb's and should have never sold them but here we are.

Ping G410 LST 9 hzrdus hulk 75 6.5tx

Ping G410 LST 14.5 atmos black 8tx

Ping G 17.5 fujikura rombax p95x

Ping iBlade kbs tour v 120x

Ping glide 3.0 SS 54 tour issue s400

Ping glide 3.0 TS 60 tour issue s400

Ping Anser TR1966

Prov1x

Stitch SL2 white

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mrmccormack said:

Thanks @collje26 are you still gaming the 120x’s? Would love to know how you’re enjoying them. Tbh I love the spin of the PX but would like to get the launch down a shade. 

I am still gaming them. Really enjoying them. This is the 4th set of iblades I’ve own, I’ve realized im just a ping fan and stuck with them, the launch will certainly be lower but im not sure about the spin. They certainly spin less and launch higher than the tour issue x100’s I was previously playing. I really enjoy the feel over px’s when hitting off speed shots. 

  • Like 1

Ping G410 LST 9 hzrdus hulk 75 6.5tx

Ping G410 LST 14.5 atmos black 8tx

Ping G 17.5 fujikura rombax p95x

Ping iBlade kbs tour v 120x

Ping glide 3.0 SS 54 tour issue s400

Ping glide 3.0 TS 60 tour issue s400

Ping Anser TR1966

Prov1x

Stitch SL2 white

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've played both the Tour V 120 and 125, and I can tell you the 125 is MUCH stiffer than the 120. Never tried a PX 6.5, but I hate the feel of 6.0 and I doubt there's much difference between them feel-wise. The Tour V is a great feeling shaft to me. I love the feel of DG and to me the Tour V has a similar feel.

Bag 1                                                                                     Bag 2                                                     

TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5° GD YS Nano Reloaded 6X   PING Rapture 10.5° YS6+ S            

PING G25 16.5° 4 Wood UST Attas 4U 7 TS                     Titleist 906F2 15° YS6+ FW S           

Callaway Epic Flash21° 7 Wood UST Attas 4U 8S            Titleist 904F 19° Speeder S      

TaylorMade 200 4 & 5 Irons S90 Steel                              Titleist 904F 22° DG S300               

Mizuno MP30 6-PW DG AMT X100                                    PING Zing BeCu 5-SW AMT Tour White Black Onyx S300

Cobra Trusty Rusty 51° DG X100                                        PING Eye 2 XG 56° & 60° DG S300

Mizuno T20 55° & 60° DG X100                                          PING Sigma Tyne H 

Yes! Natalie Center Shafted                                                Vice Pro Plus White

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, drumdude96 said:

I've played both the Tour V 120 and 125, and I can tell you the 125 is MUCH stiffer than the 120. Never tried a PX 6.5, but I hate the feel of 6.0 and I doubt there's much difference between them feel-wise. The Tour V is a great feeling shaft to me. I love the feel of DG and to me the Tour V has a similar feel.

I tried both, had a set of 125 s+'s in a set of titleist 620's and now have a set of 120x's, couldn't disagree more honestly. I lost roughly 1 1/2 club switching to the 125s+'s and gained it back going to the 120x.

Ping G410 LST 9 hzrdus hulk 75 6.5tx

Ping G410 LST 14.5 atmos black 8tx

Ping G 17.5 fujikura rombax p95x

Ping iBlade kbs tour v 120x

Ping glide 3.0 SS 54 tour issue s400

Ping glide 3.0 TS 60 tour issue s400

Ping Anser TR1966

Prov1x

Stitch SL2 white

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Played Modus 130 S and Modus 130 X, which are similar to Tour V. They both feel great, but i had a hard time flighting shots and playing partial approach shots. Modus 130 was amazing in a 7 iron and not so great in a 4 iron and PW. Tour V and Modus 130 will both launch and spin higher than PX. I would agree that Modus 130 feels really smooth. If you want a smoother feel than PX while keeping launch and spin similar, I would look at PX LS. As a side note, I wouldn't ignore balance point. By design Tour V and Modus 130 will have a higher balance point and be slightly counterbalanced vs PX

  • Thanks 1

Cobra RAD XB 9* - RDX Blue 6X / Cobra SZ Big Tour - Ventus Black 7X / Callaway Apex 3 Hybrid - AD IZ 95X / Titleist TMB 4 - Catalyst 100 6.5 / Mizuno MP20 MMC 5, MP20 6-P - PX 6.5 / Vokey SM8 50.08F, 56.12D, 60.08M - PX 6.0 / TM Spider Tour Black / Bridgestone BX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cw1209 said:

Played Modus 130 S and Modus 130 X, which are similar to Tour V. They both feel great, but i had a hard time flighting shots and playing partial approach shots. Modus 130 was amazing in a 7 iron and not so great in a 4 iron and PW. Tour V and Modus 130 will both launch and spin higher than PX. I would agree that Modus 130 feels really smooth. If you want a smoother feel than PX while keeping launch and spin similar, I would look at PX LS. As a side note, I wouldn't ignore balance point. By design Tour V and Modus 130 will have a higher balance point and be slightly counterbalanced vs PX

How would you compare the tour v 125 vs PX LS?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, collje26 said:

I tried both, had a set of 125 s+'s in a set of titleist 620's and now have a set of 120x's, couldn't disagree more honestly. I lost roughly 1 1/2 club switching to the 125s+'s and gained it back going to the 120x.

We are talking Tour V 125 vs Tour V 120 right? Not KBS 125 vs Tour V 120? Because I guarantee you the Tour V 125 is stiffer than the Tour V 120. Call KBS and they will verify that for you, because they are the folks that told me. I was told that if I wanted the same stiffness as the Tour V 120 with the Tour V 125 that I should soft step them once or even twice. They are a definitely not softer than the Tour V 120.

Bag 1                                                                                     Bag 2                                                     

TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5° GD YS Nano Reloaded 6X   PING Rapture 10.5° YS6+ S            

PING G25 16.5° 4 Wood UST Attas 4U 7 TS                     Titleist 906F2 15° YS6+ FW S           

Callaway Epic Flash21° 7 Wood UST Attas 4U 8S            Titleist 904F 19° Speeder S      

TaylorMade 200 4 & 5 Irons S90 Steel                              Titleist 904F 22° DG S300               

Mizuno MP30 6-PW DG AMT X100                                    PING Zing BeCu 5-SW AMT Tour White Black Onyx S300

Cobra Trusty Rusty 51° DG X100                                        PING Eye 2 XG 56° & 60° DG S300

Mizuno T20 55° & 60° DG X100                                          PING Sigma Tyne H 

Yes! Natalie Center Shafted                                                Vice Pro Plus White

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, drumdude96 said:

We are talking Tour V 125 vs Tour V 120 right? Not KBS 125 vs Tour V 120? Because I guarantee you the Tour V 125 is stiffer than the Tour V 120. Call KBS and they will verify that for you, because they are the folks that told me. I was told that if I wanted the same stiffness as the Tour V 120 with the Tour V 125 that I should soft step them once or even twice. They are a definitely not softer than the Tour V 120.

Yeah it must be different. I had a set of 620/tour v 125 s+ and spun them by a top. Went to iblade/tour v 120x’s and they spin so much lower and feel much more stout. Both were the same swingweight and lofts. 

Ping G410 LST 9 hzrdus hulk 75 6.5tx

Ping G410 LST 14.5 atmos black 8tx

Ping G 17.5 fujikura rombax p95x

Ping iBlade kbs tour v 120x

Ping glide 3.0 SS 54 tour issue s400

Ping glide 3.0 TS 60 tour issue s400

Ping Anser TR1966

Prov1x

Stitch SL2 white

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Rpete33 said:

How would you compare the tour v 125 vs PX LS?

 

Both will have similar handle and tip stiffness. Tour V 125 will have a much stiffer mid and play about a flex stiffer. Tour V should also launch a little higher. Torque is about the same. Balance point is a half inch higher in the Tour V. 

Cobra RAD XB 9* - RDX Blue 6X / Cobra SZ Big Tour - Ventus Black 7X / Callaway Apex 3 Hybrid - AD IZ 95X / Titleist TMB 4 - Catalyst 100 6.5 / Mizuno MP20 MMC 5, MP20 6-P - PX 6.5 / Vokey SM8 50.08F, 56.12D, 60.08M - PX 6.0 / TM Spider Tour Black / Bridgestone BX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, drumdude96 said:

We are talking Tour V 125 vs Tour V 120 right? Not KBS 125 vs Tour V 120? Because I guarantee you the Tour V 125 is stiffer than the Tour V 120. Call KBS and they will verify that for you, because they are the folks that told me. I was told that if I wanted the same stiffness as the Tour V 120 with the Tour V 125 that I should soft step them once or even twice. They are a definitely not softer than the Tour V 120.

Tour V 125 is definitely stiffer than Tour V 120. 125 TS is 10 CPM higher (a full flex more stiff) than 120 X. 

Cobra RAD XB 9* - RDX Blue 6X / Cobra SZ Big Tour - Ventus Black 7X / Callaway Apex 3 Hybrid - AD IZ 95X / Titleist TMB 4 - Catalyst 100 6.5 / Mizuno MP20 MMC 5, MP20 6-P - PX 6.5 / Vokey SM8 50.08F, 56.12D, 60.08M - PX 6.0 / TM Spider Tour Black / Bridgestone BX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, collje26 said:

Yeah it must be different. I had a set of 620/tour v 125 s+ and spun them by a top. Went to iblade/tour v 120x’s and they spin so much lower and feel much more stout. Both were the same swingweight and lofts. 

I have seen this scenario myself with Dynamic Gold. I tried a set of X200 and they actually ballooned on me, yet I hit S300 very well. I think the X200 changed my delivery somehow to where I was spinning the ball like crazy.

  • Like 2

Bag 1                                                                                     Bag 2                                                     

TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5° GD YS Nano Reloaded 6X   PING Rapture 10.5° YS6+ S            

PING G25 16.5° 4 Wood UST Attas 4U 7 TS                     Titleist 906F2 15° YS6+ FW S           

Callaway Epic Flash21° 7 Wood UST Attas 4U 8S            Titleist 904F 19° Speeder S      

TaylorMade 200 4 & 5 Irons S90 Steel                              Titleist 904F 22° DG S300               

Mizuno MP30 6-PW DG AMT X100                                    PING Zing BeCu 5-SW AMT Tour White Black Onyx S300

Cobra Trusty Rusty 51° DG X100                                        PING Eye 2 XG 56° & 60° DG S300

Mizuno T20 55° & 60° DG X100                                          PING Sigma Tyne H 

Yes! Natalie Center Shafted                                                Vice Pro Plus White

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I appreciate everyone’s feedback. Honestly might have to hijack my own subject title here…anyone have a recommendation for a low-mid launch and low spin shaft…not named C taper, x100 or PX? X100 is a perfect match on paper but can’t stand the shaft. Another day in paradise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, drumdude96 said:

I have seen this scenario myself with Dynamic Gold. I tried a set of X200 and they actually ballooned on me, yet I hit S300 very well. I think the X200 changed my delivery somehow to where I was spinning the ball like crazy.

Could be! I loved the feel of the 125 s+'s. It could have been the 620's as well.

Ping G410 LST 9 hzrdus hulk 75 6.5tx

Ping G410 LST 14.5 atmos black 8tx

Ping G 17.5 fujikura rombax p95x

Ping iBlade kbs tour v 120x

Ping glide 3.0 SS 54 tour issue s400

Ping glide 3.0 TS 60 tour issue s400

Ping Anser TR1966

Prov1x

Stitch SL2 white

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, mrmccormack said:

I appreciate everyone’s feedback. Honestly might have to hijack my own subject title here…anyone have a recommendation for a low-mid launch and low spin shaft…not named C taper, x100 or PX? X100 is a perfect match on paper but can’t stand the shaft. Another day in paradise. 

Have you tried the Modus 130's?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, mrmccormack said:

Not yet. I was turned off big time by the Modus 125 and Modus 120, but I should give it a bid. 

You really should, they are nothing like the Modus 125 or 120. I also like the modus 130 better than the tour-v ts 125 s+ and get a nice controlled flight from them. They are stout but smooth!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2021 at 10:45 PM, Golf4lifer said:

You really should, they are nothing like the Modus 125 or 120. I also like the modus 130 better than the tour-v ts 125 s+ and get a nice controlled flight from them. They are stout but smooth!

So I’ve been gaming Apex TCB with project x 6.5 (ironically Rahm’s build) and I just put an order into TMG P750 with modus 130x  (Sergio’s build, unintentionally ). Gotta love golf as my swing does not have any shade of their action. SO excited. Can’t wait for it to check 99/100 boxes so I can search for the next thing on another thread 😉 Thanks so much for the help 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, mrmccormack said:

So I’ve been gaming Apex TCB with project x 6.5 (ironically Rahm’s build) and I just put an order into TMG P750 with modus 130x  (Sergio’s build, unintentionally ). Gotta love golf as my swing does not have any shade of their action. SO excited. Can’t wait for it to check 99/100 boxes so I can search for the next thing on another thread 😉 Thanks so much for the help 

No prob! Let us know what you think of the modus 130x.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...