Camino Golf

jkim

Mine is arriving Monday. I can post a review. Usual carry is Jones Players. All my stuff is black and red so I had to give the Camino a try. 

• Like 1

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

Very impressed with the bag, I had a discount code somehow - or it was on sale, I don't recall - 

Materials are very sturdy and high quality, it's hefty without being overly heavy.  The pockets are large and I really like the side valuables pocket, just like my beloved old Titleist pencil bags used to have. There's hidden quality, with the Camino name embroidered inside the top pocket and a keychain snap ring.  Lots of really nice little details like how the strap has a red end sewn on.  Heavy duty hardware, thick leather and sturdy waxed canvas.

It doesn't have a spine, which I didn't realize as I prefer a bag with a spine, but with some clubs loaded up it doesn't seem like an issue at all.  Looking forward to getting it out on the course!

PXL_20211025_191120418.jpg

• Like 1

Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

Thanks for the review.  Do you have any experience with other sunday bags?  I just bought a used jones original.  Wanted to see how I would like the single strap ,no structure bag. I missed out on the sale.  I would imagine with the holidays coming up, there will be sales from Mac, jones etc.

Keep an eye on Jones for black friday/cyber monday.  I usually carry a Jones Players Series, which I really like;  I used to carry the old Titleist sunday bags that they no longer make, went through 2 of them just wearing them out, I modified them with my own velcro pockets and strap reinforcements to keep them going.  I tried a PING Moonlite years ago with the plastic stand-up strap and didn't like it at all.  All the big companies only do double straps now, you have to look at the boutique makers for single strap bag.

I hope you like it, it's a great way to walk and play the game.

• Like 1

Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

• 3 weeks later...

Update, had the Camino out for the first time today, it handled wet soggy grass just fine, and I shot my best round of the year (75). It is comfortable to carry with 14 clubs and held everything I needed for my round. For $200 or under with a discount code I don't think there's a better quality bag out there.

• Like 1

Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

• 3 months later...

The Jones straps are a little wider, but that's about the only spot I think the Jones has an advantage, and it's not like the Camino strap is too thin or cuts into your shoulder, it's still comfortable. It would just be a little moreso if it were as wide as the Jones strap. The Camino doesn't have a spine but doesn't need one as it is pretty sturdy material. I would choose the Camino all day as it feels very premium for an outstanding price. I really want to buy the new green and brown model just because it's so beautiful, but I'd better not! Then I'd have to get all new matching headcovers, and on and on... 😂

• Thanks 1

Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

I picked up a Camino in the waxed canvas navy/white combo. 

super nice for the price (had a 15% off code, less than $200 shipped). 

wish it had a spine so it stood up a little better in the corner but it’s a good carry bag. I typically put ~ 7-8 clubs in it for the range, par 3 course, etc. It will fit a full set without issues. 

I basically bought this as a trial run for ordering a Mackenzie bag, but not sure I will now. This is a high quality replica for the price. 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 9:57 AM, AdExec said:

Pics 

0C4C7ECF-611C-4AF3-95FE-12198EA55B09.jpeg

16A4A4CD-F89F-4CA9-906A-08CF876E61CB.jpeg

Great looking bag, how is the white holding up? After a few rounds with my PING HL, black seems to scuff/rub off on the white rather easily.

What features on the bag made you stick with this over the JONES Players? I'm looking at going with the new Red/White players. I like the hard bottom on my currently Stand Original but hate the extra pockets. Figured I would just swap out straps for the wider one if I were to commit to the Red/White Players.

SIM 10.5

Ai Smoke TD 18 | Apex UW 21

T100 4-50 | 54.S 58.T

NP2 GSS

SrixonXV Divide

I agree with you @AdExec regarding the comparison to Mackenzie.

If the Camino didn't have its cactus logo and name tag on the bag you would think it's a Mackenzie.  I believe the materials and construction is that good.  It happily carries 14 clubs but I've been doing the same as you, carrying 8 clubs with it and it's a dream.

• Like 1

Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

• 2 months later...

I purchased the green and brown one on sale about a month ago and finally have been able to get it out to the course a couple times, Minnesota's had a rough spring to say the least. 

Previously I have used a single strap Titleist bag, but wanted to try something different. I have always loved the look of Mackenzies but the price tag has always kept me away. The Camino seemed to be a good compromise, and with the sale I was able to scoop one for just over $150. After a couple of rounds I really love the bag, but it's not perfect.

I love the premium materials used. I don't have a Mackenzie so I can't speak to that comparison, but I love the leather and the sturdy canvas used, even the metal zippers add a premium touch. I can't say enough about how much I love the looks of the bag. Unless you see the cactus patch you would probably assume that it is a Mackenzie. The comfort overall is pretty good, it's not comfy or soft, but thats not its goal. I've had no problem carrying it for 18+ holes. The pockets are a great size, I am able to fit pretty much everything I need in the pockets: balls, tees, extra glove, rangefinder, and a pullover if its cold. It is big enough for 14 clubs but will perform its best carrying 7-10, anyone looking for a minimal bag is going to love the setup. 

I only have a couple critiques of the bag, and most of them are pretty small. 

First of all, I am still struggling to find a spot for my rangefinder as well as my brush. Normally I place them both on a ring up towards the top of the bag. But the only place to attach them to is the one intended for the strap which didn't work well. I have ended up putting them both in the main pocket, but with balls, tees, and a glove in there as well it ends up being a little crowded.

I have also struggled with the balance of the bag. I carry 13 clubs and there just seems to be too much weight in the heads. The combination of it being spineless and the balance point being close to the heads causes the bag to tip forward from time to time, almost dumping the clubs right out. I took it out with a half set one night which fixed this issue. While they say it can fit 14, a short set is the ideal way to go.

The last problem I have is with of some of the accents on and around the zippers. One of the white leather pieces on the end of a zipper completely fell off. Halfway through the second round I realized that it was gone and luckily found it in the pocket. I'm guessing this was just some QC issue with mine, it has only been the one and it's absence doesn't seem to effect it at all. The other thing that has been a bit annoying has been the leather pieces attached to the zippers. They are only tied to the zipper and mine keep slipping and nearly falling off. I'm thinking about trying to throw a couple stitches in them just to keep them from slipping.

Overall the issues aren't that big, and the bag itself is awesome. The minimalist is going to love it, and even with a full set the bag does pretty well. For just under or around $200 I doubt there is a better option for a single strap Sunday bag. 

camino by green.jpeg

camino accents.jpeg

Edited by MOlson18
Typo

• 2 months later...

I just picked one of these up and will be testing out this coming weekend on my usual course. It’s a 9-hole par 32 but it’s about a 1000 yard walk from the clubhouse to the first tee which is why you never see people walking out there. I usually play 18 holes and plan to do so this Saturday or Sunday. 

They’ve got a sale going on currently and if you use YEARONE, you get 30% off! I got mine for $139 so I couldn’t refuse that! I’ve been eyeing the green and tan one for a while. I love the color combo. 

Taylormade Qi10 9° - Tensei Blue X Link 65x

Taylormade Qi10 Tour 16.5° - Tensei Blue RAW 75x

Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW - Modus 115 S

Vokey SM9 50/54/58 - S200

Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Cruiser

Titleist Pro V1

2 hours ago, MerryTex said:

I just picked one of these up and will be testing out this coming weekend on my usual course. It’s a 9-hole par 32 but it’s about a 1000 yard walk from the clubhouse to the first tee which is why you never see people walking out there. I usually play 18 holes and plan to do so this Saturday or Sunday. 

They’ve got a sale going on currently and if you use YEARONE, you get 30% off! I got mine for $139 so I couldn’t refuse that! I’ve been eyeing the green and tan one for a while. I love the color combo. 

Just ordered mine!

• Like 1

SIM 10.5

T100 4-50 | 54.S 58.T

NP2 GSS

SrixonXV Divide

Posted this in my WITB but figured I’d post it here as well since it is all about the bag. 

My Camino Sunday Carry Bag came in yesterday and I decided to keep it. I was going to get a Jones Player Series but I’m really digging the way this bag looks. 

I took it out for a round today - carried all my clubs (12), alignment sticks, towel, rangefinder, 8 balls, tees, valuables pouch, GoPro, and sunscreen. It all fit in the main pocket along what would be the spine of the bag. I didn’t have anything in the front pocket because it started to sag and create more stress. I originally had my Yeti 26oz bottle in there but just carried it by the handle and it was fine. It’s so easy to just stand the bag, hit yardages with my rangefinder, pull the club, then set the bag down. I really enjoyed the walk today and was able to finish in 3 hours with a (+6) 76. I always forget the course I played today is a par 70. 

1717CA8E-90CB-4D48-A6AC-8B0D28E5825B.jpeg.318e5e82c501c16554206aeffe408a01.jpeg

Titleist Pro V1

17 hours ago, MerryTex said:

Posted this in my WITB but figured I’d post it here as well since it is all about the bag. 

My Camino Sunday Carry Bag came in yesterday and I decided to keep it. I was going to get a Jones Player Series but I’m really digging the way this bag looks. 

I took it out for a round today - carried all my clubs (12), alignment sticks, towel, rangefinder, 8 balls, tees, valuables pouch, GoPro, and sunscreen. It all fit in the main pocket along what would be the spine of the bag. I didn’t have anything in the front pocket because it started to sag and create more stress. I originally had my Yeti 26oz bottle in there but just carried it by the handle and it was fine. It’s so easy to just stand the bag, hit yardages with my rangefinder, pull the club, then set the bag down. I really enjoyed the walk today and was able to finish in 3 hours with a (+6) 76. I always forget the course I played today is a par 70. 

1717CA8E-90CB-4D48-A6AC-8B0D28E5825B.jpeg.318e5e82c501c16554206aeffe408a01.jpeg

No spine/structure didn't bother you? This is the 2nd "Sunday Bag" I've tried and I just can't seem to get on board with no spine. I know the Jones has one, but the club tangle also bothered me at the bottom.

I think I am going to return mine, but still thinking it over HAHA

SIM 10.5

T100 4-50 | 54.S 58.T

NP2 GSS

SrixonXV Divide

1 hour ago, texcellence86 said:

No spine/structure didn't bother you? This is the 2nd "Sunday Bag" I've tried and I just can't seem to get on board with no spine. I know the Jones has one, but the club tangle also bothered me at the bottom.

I think I am going to return mine, but still thinking it over HAHA

It’s not terrible to be honest. If you stand the bag up and hold it by the opening, you can move clubs around with no problem really. The only issue people will have is if they try to pull or put a club back in the bag when it’s under load on your shoulder. 

Titleist Pro V1