Bettinardi Studio B Fitting - Seeking feedback prior to my first fitting

kevpro

Hi Everyone,

I have a putter fitting scheduled at Studio B on Monday and I am hoping some of you can share your prior experiences. I am a lefty, so I have limited options and I am wondering if I should expect some models not available on their website. Unfortunately custom Hive putters are out of my budget but I would love to try some older models / demos in addition to the 5 current lefty models, but not sure if they typically have this available.

Similarly, what was your experience with availability of Hive accessories (headcovers, grips, apparel etc.)? I am also interested in their milled cigar ash trays.

Any feedback/advice is appreciated. This is my first putter fitting and I am going in with an open mind and excited to hear the fitter's recommendations / feedback on my stroke.

Experience is awesome! Definitely go in with an open mind. 

You won't be able to take any pics of their hive vault, but you will be able to try anything you want. 

From my experience, the fitter will first have you roll putts with their anything from the current lineup and then they'll dial you in using quintec. 

2 hours ago, ChrisLC40 said:

As a fellow lefty I'm interested to see what options are available for you.

Oh and take as many pictures as you can!

Will do! Sounds like I won't be able to take many pics, which is understandable, but I will definitely share my experience.

1 hour ago, Viper4225 said:

Experience is awesome! Definitely go in with an open mind. 

You won't be able to take any pics of their hive vault, but you will be able to try anything you want. 

From my experience, the fitter will first have you roll putts with their anything from the current lineup and then they'll dial you in using quintec. 

Thanks for the advice! I am looking forward to trying multiple head /  neck types. As a lefty I never get to try my friend's equipment so I only know the Odyssey #9 I have used since 2012 haha

Ive been a couple of times now. Their guys were super welcoming and relaxed with the whole process. They can give us much or as little advice as you want and the whole process is legit. The first time was for an OTR putter fitting, the second time when I went in looking for a hive putter. 

Once your preferred look/style is down and you've warmed up, you hop on their putting machine and nail down your specs and preferred grip size. They were a huge help for me when it came to deciding between two finalist putters. Both times they were more than willing to open up the hive, let me play with just about everything, and buy what I wanted. 

I see OP has probably had his fitting done now, so we'll see when he chimes in, but if you can get in there, it's 100% worth your time. 

• Like 1

Sounds like a great experience and now you have the confidence to putt even better.

Also very nice putter even if it's an OTR option, if it was me I'd change that blue paint fill to teal to really make it stand out and just be a bit more unique to you. But still nice as is.

The fitting at Bettinardi is on my list of things to do and as a lefty I was always hesitant but good to know there are Hive options. Yeah they are expensive but if they have something that I really like/want maybe I'll spring for it cause why not.

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

1 minute ago, MattM97 said:

Sounds like a great experience and now you have the confidence to putt even better.

Also very nice putter even if it's an OTR option, if it was me I'd change that blue paint fill to teal to really make it stand out and just be a bit more unique to you. But still nice as is.

The fitting at Bettinardi is on my list of things to do and as a lefty I was always hesitant but good to know there are Hive options. Yeah they are expensive but if they have something that I really like/want maybe I'll spring for it cause why not.

Thanks! I would definitely get out to Studio B if you have the chance. If you’re coming from out of town, I’m sure they could at least give you a heads up on the current # of lefty Hive options as I’m sure it fluctuates. 

I agree on the paint fill. Would be a cool way to have a true unique putter even if it’s just color. Anywhere you would recommend to have that done? I can reach out to Betti, but my understanding was you’d have to do a hive custom putter to get specific paint fill or stamping. 

7 minutes ago, kevpro said:

Thanks! I would definitely get out to Studio B if you have the chance. If you’re coming from out of town, I’m sure they could at least give you a heads up on the current # of lefty Hive options as I’m sure it fluctuates. 

I agree on the paint fill. Would be a cool way to have a true unique putter even if it’s just color. Anywhere you would recommend to have that done? I can reach out to Betti, but my understanding was you’d have to do a hive custom putter to get specific paint fill or stamping. 

I actually have a Hive putter coming I got second hand, will see how I like the feel. If I like it I might consider sending it back to Bettinardi for an alignment line and new neck to fit my likes. But yeah I would ask them what they have LH before I go just don't want OTR options.

As for paint fill it's extremely easy to do on your own. Just some paint thinner/stripper a gel one is good cause you can localize it on one spot and some paint. For that B logo I'd suggest an enamel paint so Tamiya X-14 (sky blue) or Testors 1107TT (Turquoise) would be the best options more towards the Testors. That could be found at any hobby store or online and all the supplies would be less than the shipping to send out the putter.

Lefty - WITB Thread

5 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

I actually have a Hive putter coming I got second hand, will see how I like the feel. If I like it I might consider sending it back to Bettinardi for an alignment line and new neck to fit my likes. But yeah I would ask them what they have LH before I go just don't want OTR options.

As for paint fill it's extremely easy to do on your own. Just some paint thinner/stripper a gel one is good cause you can localize it on one spot and some paint. For that B logo I'd suggest an enamel paint so Tamiya X-14 (sky blue) or Testors 1107TT (Turquoise) would be the best options more towards the Testors. That could be found at any hobby store or online and all the supplies would be less than the shipping to send out the putter.

Thanks, I’ll look into that. I can practice on my old Odyssey to make sure it comes out right haha

What model is your Hive? It was really cool to see everything they can do on customs. 

Edited by kevpro

1 minute ago, kevpro said:

Thanks, I’ll look into that. I can practice on my old Odyssey to make sure it comes out right haha

What model is your Hive? It was really cool to see everything they can do on customs. 

That's a great ideal, strip, paint cure and repeat for some practice. Grab a few paints they're a few bucks for a small jar and it lasts a while.

Mine is a simple BB0 Skull and Bones. I like the simple and clean look and if I like the feel as mentioned I'll send it in for a flange line and see about getting a flow neck or mid-slant neck put on and I'll have a keeper for a long time.

https://www.bettinardiregistry.com/products/4aa77c0e-78fb-480a-a626-8c79c02eadfe

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

23 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

That's a great ideal, strip, paint cure and repeat for some practice. Grab a few paints they're a few bucks for a small jar and it lasts a while.

Mine is a simple BB0 Skull and Bones. I like the simple and clean look and if I like the feel as mentioned I'll send it in for a flange line and see about getting a flow neck or mid-slant neck put on and I'll have a keeper for a long time.

https://www.bettinardiregistry.com/products/4aa77c0e-78fb-480a-a626-8c79c02eadfe

Thanks! Looks like I have a new hobby over the holidays. 

That BB0 looks great! I like the clean cavity look. 

On 11/1/2021 at 11:28 PM, gsrjc said:

Definitely enjoy it. I went about 4 years ago and got a bb8 skulls and bones and just got this other bb8 this year. 

E2402F26-E75A-4F1C-8D3D-EA1063A20D1C.jpeg

40E63FAC-C926-4A30-A67F-7A5EE1557EFF.jpeg

6E859668-F151-46DD-AF11-304EC8E1D933.jpeg

F569498F-C23A-443D-BF8A-8354E97F9675.jpeg

Nothing better than a BB8 with fit face. Wish I never got rid of my Studio Custom Tri Sole BB8, but that's what we do.

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSR2 Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2+ Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2 18 Speeder 757 Evo V

Mizuno Max Hybrid 22

Titleist T350 5-7

Titleist T200 8-48
Ping s159 54,60
Scotty Cameron Jet Setter NP2