2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

APPLY NOW: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Putter (Early Access) Member Testing! 10 Testers Needed!

1. City, State? Atlanta, GA

2. Handicap? 15.4

3. What is your current putter? TM Spider Tour

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? Nope

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? Always liked the fang style putters. Interesting choice with all the adjustable weights. 

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes

1. City, State? Shawnee, KS

2. Handicap? 1.7
3. What is your current putter? Bettinardi BB1

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? I have. I used a 2.1 for a season and could never reconcile the head shape to a proper line. I've used an Odyssey #7 in the past with some sucess, so having the same general shape with the L.A.B. golf technology would be interesting.

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? Honestly, to see if this type of putter tech can actually lower scores. I've been fit on a SAM lab for my current putter and the adjustments made there took my average putts per round from 34+ to around 30. I'm still losing strokes from 8' and in - and I think alignment is part of the issue.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?  Absolutely.

Driver: Callaway Paradym 8* (draw, std) - GD ADXC 7x

3 wood: Taylormade SIM 15* - GD ADDI 7x

5 wood: Ping G30 18* - Diamana Blue 83x

Irons: 3-5 Taylormade 2014 TP MC (2* weak);  6-PW Taylormade 2014 TP MB (1* weak) - Project X 6.5

SW: Scratch 54* bent to 53* - Ctaper 130x

LW: Scratch 58* bent to 59* - Ctaper 130x

Putter: Modified Odyssey 7 w/ welded long slant

1. City, State?  Niantic, CT

2. Handicap?  4.5
3. What is your current putter?  LAB 2.1

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter?  Yes!!

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter?  I want to compare to the current DF 2.1.  Although I love my DF 2.1, I've been waiting for a smaller mallet option.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?  Yes!!

Current WITB

Driver: Titleist TSR3 (9 degrees) - Shaft: Fujikura Ventus TR Black Patriot 6X (45")

3 Wood: Taylormade Sim Ti Tour Issue (15.4 @ 14.7) - Shaft: GD Tour AD XC-8 (43")

2 Utility: Srixon ZX Utility MKII (18 degrees) - Shaft: Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX (40")

Irons: Miura TC-201 (4-PW) - Shaft: Nippon Modus3 120TX

Wedges: Miura Forged Wedges (50, 56), Vokey Wedgeworks SM9 (60) - Shafts: Nippon Modus3 125 Wedge

Putter: LAB Mezz.1 (35 inches/69 degrees)

Grips: Golf Pride MCC Midsize 

Putter Grip: Press II 1.5

1. City, State?Vegas

2. Handicap?6
3. What is your current putter?Scotty Cameron MilSpec

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? No

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? Heard about eliminating torque from the stroke

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes

1. City, State? San Antonio, TX - Winter Golf Paradise

2. Handicap? 0
3. What is your current putter? Spider X, Ping Vault Oslo, Ping Vault Bergen, Yes! Dawn

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? No, but I am fascinated by the design and very much want to

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? Very interested in the LAB philosophy and excited to try it for myself

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? YES!

Ping G425 LST 9* / Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X

Taylormade BRNR Mini Driver 13.5* / Fujikura Atmos Blue TS 7X

Callaway UW 19* / Fujikura Atmos Blue TS 8X

Ping iCrossover 18* / Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 85X

Ping i230 4-U / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 X100

Titleist SM9 54.10S / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Titleist SM9 60.04T / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Ping PLD Custom Prime Tyne S / BGT Stability Tour Black

Titleist ProV1

Ping Hoofer

1. New York, NY

2. 19
3. 2013 GoLo 3

4. I have not but I'm very interested. 

5. I've heard phenomenal things about LAB putters and see more and more pros using their shafts. I've also come across golfers I've be paired up with and they rave about their LAB putters. I would love to try out what all the hype is about and if it's really true

6. I do!

6 hours ago, GolfWRX_Official said:

1. City, State?

2. Handicap?
3. What is your current putter?

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter?

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter?

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?

1. Los Angeles, CA

2. 4.2

3. Rotate between a Taylormade Juno and a used LAB B2 I recently picked up

4. Just a couple rounds with the B2.

5. This new model really excites me as middle ground access between the two current offering. Putting has been the weakest part of my game since I was diagnosed with Essential Tremor, a movement disorder. I have extreme difficulty keeping my stroke on plane and squaring the face on impact. In the past I've mostly just tried adding crazy amount of weight in different places. After a few rounds with the B2 I've seen a huge increase in my ability to square the face with my tremor. So adding some forgiveness is something I'm really interested in chasing! Very excited about this release!!

6. Absolutely! No doubt about it, living in SoCal I can golf year round so I can get on course reviews and picture immediately

Thanks for the opportunity!

Driver Taylormade Qi10

3W Ping G430 LST 5W Callaway Apex UW 

4i Mizuno Fli Hi 5-PW Ping Blueprint S

GW 50 Ping Glide 4.0 SW 56 Vokey S LW 62 Vokey M

Putters Kevin Burns 9306 Ball Titleist Pro V1

1. City, State? Portland, Oregon

2. Handicap? 7
3. What is your current putter? Ping Tomcat C

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? No

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? To see if it will improve my putting

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes

1. Chicago, IL

2. 26.3
3. Cleveland Classic #4

4. I have tried my buddy's DF2.1 and was very intrigued by it.

5. I've been super interested by LAB putters since testing my friend's DF2.1. The forward press grip, the weight, the feel off the face all felt great. Mishits felt and rolled much better than my current putter. The only real hang-up was the size just didn't fit my eye.

6. I do.

1. City, State? Costa Mesa, CA

2. Handicap? 15
3. What is your current putter? Evnroll ER2

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? I have tried one in my local golf store but never bagged one

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? Based on very limited time with the DF, I really like the concept of lie angle balancing as well as innovations like the press grip. Felt like it was less things to think about while putting which is always good.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? YES! Absolutely

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 

Tour Edge TI CB 3 Wood

Adams Pro 3 Hybrid

Srixon Z545 4-6

Srixon Z745 7-p

Srixon Z765 GW

Cleveland 56

Taylormade Hi-Toe 60

1. City, State? San Jose, CA

2. Handicap? 12

3. What is your current putter? TP Mills GSS Ming

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? No

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? I've been on the sidelines reading about the tech, watching review videos, and on the LAB review tread on golfwrx but just haven't brought myself to order one for myself yet.   This new head shape is a more palatable but more importantly the lie angle balance seems it would really improve my stroke and help square the face at impact more consistently, which would free me up to concentrate on distance control which is where I tend to struggle.   If it'll help some of my inconsistencies I'd love to give it a try and let others know how it affected my game.  Also the Press II 1.5 degree putter grip looks intriguing, I already integrate a slight forward press with my current putter but would like to see how this grip performs and takes another variable out of my putting stroke.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? For sure.  I have a putting area in my home and I live in CA so weather doesn't stop me from getting out and playing 😎

Edited by Ric0485

1. City, State? Fargo, ND

2. Handicap? 10.8
3. What is your current putter? Odyssey 2-Ball 10 Tour Lined

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? No, but have been interested for a long time just couldn't quite get over the look of it without being able to try it out first.

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter?  I love the technology behind L.A.B. putters in theory and have wanted to try one for a while.  This is the first putter that they have introduced that aesthetically fits my eye, so I would love to review this putter.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?  Absolutely!

1. City, State? Lake Kiowa, TX

2. Handicap? 7.4 Index
3. What is your current putter? Scotty Cameron Phantom X11

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? Only at the PGA Superstore.

5. Why do you want to review the MEZZ.1 putter? I really liked the balance of the the 2.1 & how easy it is to keep online, but like many, couldn't pull the trigger because of the size/shape. The Blad & Blad 2 we're better, but I also didn't dig the brick on a stick look either. I've been pretty vocal they LAB needed a mid-sized option. 

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes

1. City, State? Fairfield, PA

2. Handicap? 4.2
3. What is your current putter? Mizuno M Craft IV

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? No

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? I have lost all confidence in my putting.  Want to find a mallet that will bring back some confidence and forgiveness on miss hits.

6.Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes

1. City, State? - Gonzales,LA

2. Handicap? - 6
3. What is your current putter? - Taylormade Spider x

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? - No

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? - I struggle with starting putts online. This might the answer.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? - Yes, absolutely! 

1. Augusta, Georgia

2. 2.0 hcp
3. Currently playing a Scotty Cameron T22 Newport

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? No, I've never even seen one.

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? I just have no clue about LAB putters and I'm not sure they are sold in my area. It would be interesting to try something different.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? I would love to do all of that.

1. City, State? Madison, MS

2. Handicap? 16
3. What is your current putter? Evnroll ER5

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? Interested in the technology 

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Absolutely!

Cobra LTDx LS - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Titleist TSi3 15* - Tour AD DI 7X

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-GW

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5

1. City, State? Charlottesville, VA

2. Handicap? 3.4
3. What is your current putter? Scotty Newport 2.6 and Seemore MGFP2

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? I’ve been very interested in trying one of the LAB putters but have had some issues with the aesthetics.  The Mezz looks great though.  I only use center shaft putters so it is an obvious choice for me to try.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Gladly

1.  City, State? Schenectady NY

2. Handicap? 3
3. What is your current putter? Odyssey 2 Ball 10

5. Why do you want to review the MEZZ.1 putter? I've heard great things about the DF line.  The looks of the DF doesn't fit my eyes. The MEZZ.1 looks fantastic.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes, Yes, Yes.

1. City, State? Naples, FL

2. Handicap? 8.8
3. What is your current putter? Kingston KP1

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? Yes

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? Tried them in PGA Superstore and they felt really stable

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes

1. City, State? Dobbs Ferry NY

2. Handicap? 6
3. What is your current putter? Kevin Burns 9305

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? Have always been curious about LAB and would love to try one

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

1. City, State? WAUKEE, IOWA

2. Handicap? 20

3. What is your current putter? SWAG SUAVE TOO RH

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? NO

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? INTRIGUED BY A LIE ANGLE BALANCED PUTTER AND WOULD LOVE TO TRY ONE

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? YES!

LTDx 9* AD-VR6x 

Cleveland Launcher Xl Halo 15*

Rad Speed 19* Hybrid

ZX5 MKII 5-AW

CBX 2 54*

TM Big Foot 58*

Odyssey Versa 3 T

Chrome Soft X-LS

1. City, State? Lubbock, Tx

2. Handicap? 0
3. What is your current putter? TM Spider X

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? Just at PGA Tour Superstore in The Woodlands, Tx.

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? I love golf equipment! Any opportunity to review a new club, especially one with innovative technology, is a big privilege! 

Forever tinkering…

1. City, State? Troy, MI

2. Handicap? 3
3. What is your current putter? Queen B #6

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? Lots of in store putts with both models. 

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? I’m really interested in the LAB concept. I love both models but I’ve had trouble lining them up. My hope is the MEAZZ.1 will be the putter that subjectively and objectively the best LAB putter for me. 

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes. 

1. City, State? Summerville, SC

2. Handicap? 10 
3. What is your current putter? Legacy Goods Powell or Scotty pro platinum 2

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? No

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? I really love the concept of LAB putters. I’ve never had the opportunity to try one out because I’d want to get fitted to ensure it’s a perfect fit. I would love to compare to a custom built for me putter and an old reliable Scotty Newport 2.  

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

1. City, State? - Scotch Plains, NJ

2. Handicap? - 15.8
3. What is your current putter? - Odyssey Havok

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? - no

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? - Worst part of my game

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? - Absolutely!

1. City, State? Augusta, GA

2. Handicap? 9.6
3. What is your current putter? Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? Yes. I currently own 2 DF 2.1

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter? Really interested in seeing the smaller profile. Lie angle balance in the size of my current gamer is very intriguing.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? I do.

1. City, State?  Huntsville, AL

2. Handicap?  3
3. What is your current putter?  DF 2.1

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? Yes, fit by Perry @ Wescott Golf Club 

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter?  I have noticed positive results since switching to 2.1 and super excited about a new offering.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?  Absolutely!

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

1. City, State?  Moline, IL

2. Handicap? +1.2
3. What is your current putter? Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11

4. Have you ever used a L.A.B. Golf putter? Yes, I have the original DF and the new Blad.

5. Why do you want to review the MEAZZ.1 putter?  Love the lie balance feel. It’s like the three little bears - the first one was too big, second one too small, this one looks just right!

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?  Absolutely 

1. Green Lake, WI

2. 17

3. Bettinardi SS #28 Armlock

4. No

5. From everything I've read, it sounds like the technology is spot on, and it's something that I'm sure could help me improve my game. I'm not a fan of the looks of the DF 2.1, but the image of the sole of the MEZZ.1 is something I could definitely get behind and feel confident standing over!

6. Yes, absolutely!

Callaway Mavrik 10.5* | Fujikura Ventus Velocore Red 5S

Callaway Mavrik 5W 18* | Project X Evenflow Riptide 60 6.0

Callaway Mavrik 4H 20* | Fujikura Vista Pro 55 Regular

Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW | Dynamic Gold 105 S300 (+1", 1* up)

Mizuno T22 49* | Dynamic Gold 105 S300 (+1", 1* up)

Mizuno T22 54* and 59* | Dynamic Gold 120 S300 (+1", 1* up)

Bettinardi 2017 SS28 Armlock, cut down to 37" | Rosemark 1.52 NEO Stealth Tour Grip