2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Ping i210 Discontinued Effective Yesterday

Foreleft

My two local PGA SS and two local Edwin Watts have very little to no Ping inventory. Only woods. Irons and Glide 3.0 are nowhere to be found. There are a ton of 410 drivers and fairways though. 

Titleist TSR2 Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2+ Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2 18 Speeder 757 Evo V

Mizuno Max Hybrid 22

Titleist T350 5-7

Titleist T200 8-48
Ping s159 54,60
Scotty Cameron Jet Setter NP2

1 minute ago, PEI_Golfer said:

I 100% disagree with the 718 AP2 having any staying power at all.

What do you consider "foreseeable future"?  If there are people in here saying that an i525 is apparently the replacement (or potentially that there of), are you needing something to already be out in this case? 

Half of NA is about to put their clubs away for the winter, thus they have at least 3-4 months before they really need to do anything marketing wise at all before the Spring buying frenzy begins again. 

I'm sure all of the OEM's would love to take that time to try and let things within the supply chain smooth out and get closer to normal, then they can gear things up rather than potentially listen to more threads on here of people pissing and moaning about world wide supply issues and how it is affecting them (the most important people in the world...).

I disagree that the i210 has any staying power beyond ping having failed to update it for an extraordinarily long time, leaving it on the market for years beyond normal

Do people not buy clubs at Christmas time?

Foreseeable future as in the company has communicated what the heck is going on for future releases. Maybe some insiders know it but ping has said nothing publicly that I’m aware of.

What about the i500? Is the 525 not replacing that?
Isn’t there an i230 or something coming spring 22? Or is it second half? Or is it spring 23 now?
And the 710 I guess is in there somewhere. 

Nice work ping

1 minute ago, toddyc said:

I disagree that the i210 has any staying power beyond ping having failed to update it for an extraordinarily long time, leaving it on the market for years beyond normal

Do people not buy clubs at Christmas time?

Foreseeable future as in the company has communicated what the heck is going on for future releases. Maybe some insiders know it but ping has said nothing publicly that I’m aware of.

What about the i500? Is the 525 not replacing that?
Isn’t there an i230 or something coming spring 22? Or is it second half? Or is it spring 23 now?
And the 710 I guess is in there somewhere. 

Nice work ping

If you somehow don't think that the i210 will have any staying power, then I'm at a complete loss for words...  We will undoubtedly see videos over the next 2 releases that Ping makes for its replacement of people asking if it is worth upgrading. 

As for club purchases around xmas, generally, no, people don't when it comes to iron sets...  Maybe a gift putter or driver or some other tech gear, but generally no one is out iron shopping around xmas...  If it was a big time of year for iron sales, don't you think that the OEM's would have geared releases to that specific time frame (circle back up to where I said I was at a loss for words...).

I won't say that Ping hasn't stretched their usual simple catalogue into what we see how with too many different club heads with a couple overlapping, but the last 2 years are basically a wash and has completely changed releases and the ability to supply the market.

A Revolving Door

1 minute ago, nova6868 said:

The i210s are one of those classic PING irons that people will be playing for years and possibly decades. I've had mine since 2018 and they are still in fantastic shape. No reason to even try anything else.

I've been hoping this would come sooner than later.  I'm playing G400 irons and loved the i210 all the times I've demoed them and the only clubs I'd consider replacing my G400s.  Want to get a used set of 210s for cheap but no one is letting them go for cheap.  Maybe in 12 months people will finally dump their 210s.  Suckas.  

4 minutes ago, PEI_Golfer said:

If you somehow don't think that the i210 will have any staying power, then I'm at a complete loss for words...  We will undoubtedly see videos over the next 2 releases that Ping makes for its replacement of people asking if it is worth upgrading. 

As for club purchases around xmas, generally, no, people don't when it comes to iron sets...  Maybe a gift putter or driver or some other tech gear, but generally no one is out iron shopping around xmas...  If it was a big time of year for iron sales, don't you think that the OEM's would have geared releases to that specific time frame (circle back up to where I said I was at a loss for words...).

I won't say that Ping hasn't stretched their usual simple catalogue into what we see how with too many different club heads with a couple overlapping, but the last 2 years are basically a wash and has completely changed releases and the ability to supply the market.

I didn't say they won't have staying power (whatever that means). they are plenty good irons. I just said it was because they haven't been updated by ping for such a long time, thus being the current iron for years. just my opinion.

Mizuno and Titleist typically do gear it that way. Ping iblade was released in August. The beloved i210, late summer 2018. loss for words huh?

I just think they need to communicate better. Maybe '22 will see some change

32 minutes ago, PEI_Golfer said:

Half of NA is about to put their clubs away for the winter, thus they have at least 3-4 months before they really need to do anything marketing wise at all before the Spring buying frenzy begins again.

With Spring starting in late March, the marketing will start sooner than 3-4 months from now. The marketing will start, and be quite effective, when the pros tee it up at Kapalua in the Sentry on January 5th. No better time to tempt the unfortunate 50% you eluded to than when they are cooped up watching snow fall and dreaming of warmer weather and golf! 

*Marketing before frenzy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, toddyc said:

I didn't say they won't have staying power (whatever that means). they are plenty good irons. I just said it was because they haven't been updated by ping for such a long time, thus being the current iron for years. just my opinion.

Mizuno and Titleist typically do gear it that way. Ping iblade was released in August. The beloved i210, late summer 2018. loss for words huh?

I just think they need to communicate better. Maybe '22 will see some change

Do you know what you're even typing, because I don't.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

A Revolving Door

Just now, TiScape said:

With Spring starting in late March, the marketing will start sooner than 3-4 months from now. The marketing will start, and be quite effective, when the pros tee it up at Kapalua in the Sentry on January 5th. No better time to tempt the unfortunate 50% you eluded to than when they are cooped up watching snow fall and dreaming of warmer weather and golf! 

*Marketing before frenzy. 

I understand that it will likely be sooner, just saying that they aren't in dire needs to get something to market in the "foreseeable future"...

I also think of the start of the year as a couple different times really.  Kapalua as it "was" the start of the season, and then the Masters.  Having new toys in the hands of the guys for the Masters is a while different ball game as it isn't "testing" time, it's game time at that point.  Kapaula is still just a fun event in a sunny place where people are trying things out.  Masters week is sort of the unofficial start to the season in the North.  I know many don't care about golf until around then as they are interested in their winter sports.

A Revolving Door

5 minutes ago, PEI_Golfer said:

I understand that it will likely be sooner, just saying that they aren't in dire needs to get something to market in the "foreseeable future"...

I also think of the start of the year as a couple different times really.  Kapalua as it "was" the start of the season, and then the Masters.  Having new toys in the hands of the guys for the Masters is a while different ball game as it isn't "testing" time, it's game time at that point.  Kapaula is still just a fun event in a sunny place where people are trying things out.  Masters week is sort of the unofficial start to the season in the North.  I know many don't care about golf until around then as they are interested in their winter sports.

I get what you’re laying down. But don’t most like to have a bag somewhat dialed in before they start their playing season? With delivery times what they are, people up North are going to need to order soon! Haha. 

22 minutes ago, TiScape said:

I get what you’re laying down. But don’t most like to have a bag somewhat dialed in before they start their playing season? With delivery times what they are, people up North are going to need to order soon! Haha. 

Honestly, no.  Things have changed now with the wrap around season, but the first 2 events were just "fun" events for most players other than the journeymen that needed to make money those events to try and retain their cards, thus the poor fields initially (ToA aside previously).

You're seeing players play fewer and fewer events each year, choosing life and everything else as they make enough money to not need to play 40 events and grind themselves mentally and physically into the ground.

A Revolving Door

28 minutes ago, toddyc said:

thanks dude. I wasn't being rude to you

I210s are good not legendary

some brands do release irons in time for Christmas

I hope for better communication from Ping in the future.  

Simple thoughts and opinions

Please stop stating your opinion as fact...  The i210s have been the most highly received irons Ping has released, in like for ever...  The were the release that was pretty well in the hands of more players in their staff world wide than any other single release in like the last 30 years.

As for xmas releases, please, knock yourself out trying to dig that info up...

In the covid era, your apparent Ping bias is showing.  Nothing today is the same as it was 2 years ago, period...  Each OEM is scrambling, trying to figure out what the landscape is going to be like in 3 months, 6 months, a year from now... 

• Like 1

A Revolving Door

4 minutes ago, PEI_Golfer said:

Please stop stating your opinion as fact...  The i210s have been the most highly received irons Ping has released, in like for ever...  The were the release that was pretty well in the hands of more players in their staff world wide than any other single release in like the last 30 years.

As for xmas releases, please, knock yourself out trying to dig that info up...

In the covid era, your apparent Ping bias is showing.  Nothing today is the same as it was 2 years ago, period...  Each OEM is scrambling, trying to figure out what the landscape is going to be like in 3 months, 6 months, a year from now... 

I said thoughts and opinions guy

yes, I am biased. I think Ping has screwed up things big time for a while now

no need for further responses to me from you

Edited by toddyc
  • Like 1

All I can say is that I'm extremely happy that I was able to secure a set. I think the i210s are going to be a cult set of irons. 

They may not be flashy or get you "10 more yards" but they are high quality irons.

I'm willing to predict that in ten years, people will still be talking about the i210s. Great irons. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

23 minutes ago, PEI_Golfer said:

Honestly, no.  Things have changed now with the wrap around season, but the first 2 events were just "fun" events for most players other than the journeymen that needed to make money those events to try and retain their cards, thus the poor fields initially (ToA aside previously).

You're seeing players play fewer and fewer events each year, choosing life and everything else as they make enough money to not need to play 40 events and grind themselves mentally and physically into the ground.

I’m talking about mortals buying equipment and wanting their bags somewhat set before they start Spring golf. So marketing starts far before Spring. It was marketing and when the OEMs start It, that I was responding to. 

Just now, TiScape said:

I’m talking about mortals buying equipment and wanting their bags somewhat set before they start Spring golf. So marketing starts far before Spring. It was marketing and when the OEMs start It, that I was responding to. 

Even still, no.  The only ones that are going to have their bags set going into the year, are the ones who won't be buying anything.  Anyone in the north that isn't going to a fitting studio during the off season is waiting for demo days or their local clubs to be open to get fit from the Pro's there with the new stock in the demo carts.  

A Revolving Door

12 minutes ago, PEI_Golfer said:

Even still, no.  The only ones that are going to have their bags set going into the year, are the ones who won't be buying anything.  Anyone in the north that isn't going to a fitting studio during the off season is waiting for demo days or their local clubs to be open to get fit from the Pro's there with the new stock in the demo carts.  

Again. I responded to you saying OEMs are not starting any marketing for another 3-4 months. Not accurate. Beyond that is another subject.  

9 hours ago, hardten said:

Funny how having owned 50+ sets of irons since 1975 they all play the same within their category and my form at that given time. To me their simply new (used or new) toys for the sake of having different ones and although always the hope exists for the magic wand it doesn't exist. I learn to enjoy them for what they are.

Totally agree, but you have to admit some are special. 

7 hours ago, jeffrey r said:

So you mean they are merely top-tier golf irons?  Anyway, IMHO, if there is one iron set that seems to have stood the test of time more than other iron sets, it is the i210.  Google i210 irons reviews, and you'll see reviews from July 2018.  Summer 2018...and we are now in Fall 2021.  And I would posit, the i210 could be on the market another couple of years and nobody would bat an eye, and they would continue to sell like hotcakes and be revered. 

Full disclosure, I own a set of i210, and they could easily go into my bag at any time.  Amazing balance of playability, forgiveness and feel.  If the next iteration can top these, then major kudos to Ping.

My comment was meant to be highly facetious.  

• Like 1

I don’t know why but I hold on to my golf equipment. I have five sets of irons and the only set I’m playing right now is the i210s. I keep thinking that when I retire in another four years I’ll keep a couple sets in a condo on a course somewhere south of here (way south of here). But I do have a set of MP-14s and a set of PRGRs. Still, it’s the i210s in the bag for now.

A friend of mine is looking and I thought I’d suggest Ping, but if the availability is as bad as it sounds maybe not.

On 11/2/2021 at 11:43 PM, wedgegame said:

What the heck does this even mean? What set of objective measures supports this claim because it sure isn't tour wins on the PGA and LPGA tours.

Maybe the word you were looking for was "subjective."

Doing countless amounts of "objective" fittings with amateur golfers, and very rarely do they outperform comparably to the other big guys (Apex/Pros, T100, MP/Jpx line, etc etc). It isn't even close. 

And what is played on the LPGA Tour has absolutely no relevance to 99% of the members on this forum, who are nowhere near the ball striking skill level those ladies are. 

But it's ok, I get it. Some people on here love Ping. 

TM Stealth 10.5* -- Speeder Evo VII 569s

TM Stealth 16.5* -- GD AD-IZ 6s

Titleist T200 4 -- Accra 200H M4

Titleist T100S 5-GW -- Modus 120

TM MG3 52*, 56*TW, 60*TW -- KBS HiRev

Sik Jo C -- KBS CT Tour