Jump to content

Reasonably priced alternative to XXIO?


barnum1
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

pushing sixty and the swing speed is dropping. With driver just above 90 mph.

 

I've read a lot of praise for the XXIO X and I have a playing partner that has it and hits great drives.

But the cost is pretty high, even with campaign discounts.

So what else should I look at?
I am gaming G400 now, and I think I read somewhere that PING are not the most lightweight. (I assume weight is important for speed here....)

 

Thanks!

Ping G400 SFT 10°

Ping G400 SFT 3W 16° set to 15°

Ping G400 SFT 5W 19° set to 18°

Ping G400 SFT 7W 22° set to 21°

Ping G425 6-UW

Ping Glide Forged 54°

Ping Gorge Tour 56°

Ping Glide 3.0 58°

Scotty Cameron GOLO 5R

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Cleveland XL. Owned by the same company, they share a lot of the same technology.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Cleveland Launcher HB Driver 10.5 degree

Cleveland Launcher Halo Hybrids 16, 19, 22 degree

Cleveland Launcher HB Irons 5-SW

Cleveland CBX 2 Wedge 60 degree

All with senior flex graphite shafts

JumboMax Ultra Lite size M on driver, size S on the rest

Taylor Made Daddy Long Legs putter, Winn Dri-Tac Jumbo Lite Pistol Putter Grip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

  • Thanks 1

CALLAWAY Customs (Black w/Silver) "The FREAK" Mavrik Sub Zero Driver, 9* (10*), Accra TZ6/M5 72g X

CALLAWAY Apex UW 17* LAGolf Tour Issue Prototype Trono 75x

PXG GEN4 0311ST, Xtreme Dark, 4 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout

PXG GEN4 0311T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout

PXG GEN4 0311XP/GEN0311P, Xtreme Dark, 5 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 56*/10, 60*/7, PX 6.5 Blackout //  CALLAWAY JAWS MD5 Custom Wedges, 54*(55*)/10S, 60*/08C; PX LS 6.5....TOULON GARAGE Austin Custom Rose Gold // SCOTTY CAMERON Santa Fe T3 Custom Antique Copper  .... STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550// Cobalt Q6 Slope

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, barnum1 said:

Hi,

 

pushing sixty and the swing speed is dropping. With driver just above 90 mph.

 

I've read a lot of praise for the XXIO X and I have a playing partner that has it and hits great drives.

But the cost is pretty high, even with campaign discounts.

So what else should I look at?
I am gaming G400 now, and I think I read somewhere that PING are not the most lightweight. (I assume weight is important for speed here....)

 

Thanks!

 

90mph isn't necessarily slow by any means. What about another fitting? You might find a lot of your ping gear is still a good fit, especially the irons.  Maybe dial up the loft a bit on the G400 woods. As long as the shafts aren't too heavy they're probably still great clubs.

TM M1 440 2017 9.5* - Tour AD GP 6s

TEE CBX119 13.5* - Fuji Speeder 869

TEE CBX119 18* - Fuji Speeder 869

MP-18 4-PW (23*-46*) - PX 6.0

SM8 50F, 54S, 60T

White Hot OG 7S

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, rsballer10 said:

 

90mph isn't necessarily slow by any means. What about another fitting? You might find a lot of your ping gear is still a good fit, especially the irons.  Maybe dial up the loft a bit on the G400 woods. As long as the shafts aren't too heavy they're probably still great clubs.

90 mph is not bad, but I am losing distance each year. I am actually fine with the fairway woods, it's the driver I want to hit longer 😊

Edited by barnum1

Ping G400 SFT 10°

Ping G400 SFT 3W 16° set to 15°

Ping G400 SFT 5W 19° set to 18°

Ping G400 SFT 7W 22° set to 21°

Ping G425 6-UW

Ping Glide Forged 54°

Ping Gorge Tour 56°

Ping Glide 3.0 58°

Scotty Cameron GOLO 5R

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, barnum1 said:

90 mph is not bad, but I am losing distance each year. I am actually fine with the fairway woods, it's the driver I want to hit longer 😊

 

What shaft is in the driver? 

TM M1 440 2017 9.5* - Tour AD GP 6s

TEE CBX119 13.5* - Fuji Speeder 869

TEE CBX119 18* - Fuji Speeder 869

MP-18 4-PW (23*-46*) - PX 6.0

SM8 50F, 54S, 60T

White Hot OG 7S

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, rsballer10 said:

 

What shaft is in the driver? 

Stock Alta CB, I think it's 55 grams? 

Ping G400 SFT 10°

Ping G400 SFT 3W 16° set to 15°

Ping G400 SFT 5W 19° set to 18°

Ping G400 SFT 7W 22° set to 21°

Ping G425 6-UW

Ping Glide Forged 54°

Ping Gorge Tour 56°

Ping Glide 3.0 58°

Scotty Cameron GOLO 5R

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks


×
×
  • Create New...