2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Sim Max driver VS Sim max 2

mark98ca

i love mine .. but im kind of a nutcase with matching driver and 3 wood.. or at least have the driver newer than the 3 wood . .and since i have a sim 2 3 wood im in a dilemma ...  So outside of the look of the sim 2 that i prefer ...anything might help me change it.. the seller at golftown here told me im better with my sim max,,any tought

4 hours ago, mark98ca said:

i love mine .. but im kind of a nutcase with matching driver and 3 wood.. or at least have the driver newer than the 3 wood . .and since i have a sim 2 3 wood im in a dilemma ...  So outside of the look of the sim 2 that i prefer ...anything might help me change it.. the seller at golftown here told me im better with my sim max,,any tought

Listen to the seller. If you love your driver why change it for something that may be worse for you? Unless you had a bad fitting for your sim max, the new version won’t give you anything extra.

Plus everytime I see a witb all the pros are using the original Sim and Sim Max for their drivers, not the the second generation. Must be a reason for that.

Titleist TSR2 10 Hzrdus Red CB
Titleist TSI2 16.5 Tensei Blue

Ping G 17.5 set at 18.5 Ping tour shaft.
Titleist TS3 hybrid 21 Hzrdus smoke
Taylormade 2023 p790 5-PW kbs tour lite
Vokey SM9 50°/12° SM8 56°/14° and SM9 60°/10°
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport two
Titleist Pro V1

[i]Remember there are no pictures on a scorecard, only a number. [/i]

7 hours ago, mark98ca said:

If that's your standard then I am a BASKET case with my Max LS, Sim Max, Sim 2 drivers and a simple Honma 13.5* 3 wood... 😂

Seriously, just keep your Sim Max, its a damn good driver & it sounds WAY better than the higher pitch Sim 2. I'm keeping mine for sure

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Cobra Forged Tec X 5 - PW KBS TGI 85 stiff shafts
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48* & Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

On 11/16/2021 at 2:50 PM, boggyman said:

I don t find the Max 2 to be as fade biased. For whatever reasons, the regular SIM I couldn’t keep on the planet. After watching a video on the sleeve, my 2 MAX is firmly in the bag. 

Would that have anything to do with the stock shafts or were you gaming a fitted shaft regarding the original SIM? 

I have it as well and couldn't keep it under control... switched to the Ping G410 and now G425 and it's tamer but I'm definitely not getting that nice flight out of it. 

Would you recommend the Sim 2 Max over the Sim 2 ? And what shaft you using?

I suffered with the more fade biased SIM but got a warranty replacement to the SIM2 Max last June (speed pocket was falling out). I hit the 2 much much better. It was a higher ball flight (which I struggle with good launch conditions) and I was hitting it higher on the face and getting those low spin bombs out there in the 285-290 range.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 9* - Ventus TR Red 6X

Titleist TS3 4W 16.5* - T1100 Evenflow White 6.5

W/S UT 20* - HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0

Callaway Apex '19 4-PW - PX Rifle 6.0

Vokey SM9 49* - PX Rifle 6.0

Vokey SM8 54/58 - PX Rifle 6.0

SINK 1992 Custom

9 hours ago, LS_golf said:

Would that have anything to do with the stock shafts or were you gaming a fitted shaft regarding the original SIM? 

I have it as well and couldn't keep it under control... switched to the Ping G410 and now G425 and it's tamer but I'm definitely not getting that nice flight out of it. 

Would you recommend the Sim 2 Max over the Sim 2 ? And what shaft you using?

The SIM had the stock stiff, although I did try my stock Tensei Orange in it as well. The Orange performed so well in my M5 Tour but not in the OG SIM. I had TM put a ALDILA GREEN NV, another of my all time faves, but again, the ORANGE brought the SIM2 MAX to life, for me at least. The GREEN and TENSEI both have always worked by chance, so I stick with them! I also put the loft sleeve a few clicks towards higher, where there’s only the little lines, blank as Trottie referred to it after watching a video of his, which brought the toe up. Helped me tremendously with that little move.  Our  son, pretty much scratch  golfer, plays the OG SIM and loves it. He just put a Speeder of some sort, I’d have to double check , in it and what a difference it made in it for him. Me personally, I’d recommend the SIM2 MAX, but that’s just me. On a side note, they’re no better than the M6 to me, but that’s just me. Good luck in your quest. Hope this helps! 

Edited by boggyman

4 hours ago, boggyman said:

The SIM had the stock stiff, although I did try my stock Tensei Orange in it as well. The Orange performed so well in my M5 Tour but not in the OG SIM. I had TM put a ALDILA GREEN NV, another of my all time faves, but again, the ORANGE brought the SIM2 MAX to life, for me at least.

Are you me? I went to the Tensei Orange in the SIM2 and it was a match made in heaven.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

SINK 1992 Custom

For me personally, I tried the OG SIM Max and the SIM Max D earlier this season, and for whatever reason they didn’t work for me at all.

Fast forward to last week when I got a great deal on a SIM 2 Max, and then took it out for it’s maiden voyage yesterday, and it was PHENOMENAL!!!

I’ve tried 7 Drivers over the last 20 months, and the SIM 2 Max was by far the best for me! After struggling with Drivers all season, my first 4 Drives with the SIM 2 Max were my longest 4 Drives of the season (by 20-40 yds), and I hit every fairway but 1 despite freezing cold temperatures and brutal wind.

At the end of the day, it’s all about what works best for you and your swing/game, but for me the SIM 2 Max was love at first swing yesterday!! 😍😍

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Big Bertha 23 (19*) / Cally RCH 65 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland CBX (48*), RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

5 hours ago, boggyman said:

Was a pure stroke of luck. It’s my go to now, made mine come alive! 🤣

…same here. I was not fitted for a SIM2 max tensei orange combo but this for me just goes long and straight - I have found extra yards, straight yards as well, with this and love it. 
I’ll never look to change this…

.. but then, I’m a member here so will probably change it next week - how about an RDX blue - hmmmn, I wonder how that might go???…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HaggisPXG said:

…same here. I was not fitted for a SIM2 max tensei orange combo but this for me just goes long and straight - I have found extra yards, straight yards as well, with this and love it. 

.. but then, I’m a member here so will probably change it next week - how about an RDX blue - hmmmn, I wonder how that might go???…

At times, this place is poisonous!!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, HaggisPXG said:

I see you have PXG in you name. Tried the Gen4 0811x driver? Wondering how it compares to the Sim2 Max.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

6 hours ago, HaggisPXG said:

This is what got me. Someone listed a TSI3 with RDX Black and curiosity got the better of me... It's a good driver, when struck well it's just as good as the SIM, plus there's more adjustability if I'm having an off day/week/month/year.

SINK 1992 Custom

On 11/23/2021 at 9:28 PM, boggyman said:

The SIM had the stock stiff, although I did try my stock Tensei Orange in it as well. The Orange performed so well in my M5 Tour but not in the OG SIM. I had TM put a ALDILA GREEN NV, another of my all time faves, but again, the ORANGE brought the SIM2 MAX to life, for me at least. The GREEN and TENSEI both have always worked by chance, so I stick with them! I also put the loft sleeve a few clicks towards higher, where there’s only the little lines, blank as Trottie referred to it after watching a video of his, which brought the toe up. Helped me tremendously with that little move.  Our  son, pretty much scratch  golfer, plays the OG SIM and loves it. He just put a Speeder of some sort, I’d have to double check , in it and what a difference it made in it for him. Me personally, I’d recommend the SIM2 MAX, but that’s just me. On a side note, they’re no better than the M6 to me, but that’s just me. Good luck in your quest. Hope this helps! 

Interesting as I'm gaming the Tensei AV Raw Orange 65 in the G425 and it definitely felt better at the time.. Might go off and try the Sim2 MAX with the same shaft and see if I can get a bit of a different feel out of it. 

Did you try the Sim 2 vs the max with the tensei? 

16 minutes ago, LS_golf said:

Interesting as I'm gaming the Tensei AV Raw Orange 65 in the G425 and it definitely felt better at the time.. Might go off and try the Sim2 MAX with the same shaft and see if I can get a bit of a different feel out of it. 

Did you try the Sim 2 vs the max with the tensei? 

Did not. After my experience with  the OG SIM, the SIM2 wasn’t even on my radar. I ordered the MAX2 blindly as soon as they were up for preorder at the time, along with the 16.5* fairway. I was down with an Achilles issue at the time and didn’t even get to hit mine for 3 months after I got it 😂😂

2 minutes ago, boggyman said:

Did not. After my experience with  the OG SIM, the SIM2 wasn’t even on my radar. I ordered the MAX2 blindly as soon as they were up for preorder at the time, along with the 16.5* fairway. I was down with an Achilles issue at the time and didn’t even get to hit mine for 3 months after I got it 😂😂

🤣 🤣  Painful weekends staring at her sitting there in the corner of the room I'm sure ! 

You went with the Max Fairway or Titanium?  Same shafts?

I'm heading in this weekend and going to 99% change out from my ping to the Sim2 MAX. Get it on the trackman for a bit and see what happens.  

See what happens!

2 hours ago, LS_golf said:

🤣 🤣  Painful weekends staring at her sitting there in the corner of the room I'm sure ! 

You went with the Max Fairway or Titanium?  Same shafts?

I'm heading in this weekend and going to 99% change out from my ping to the Sim2 MAX. Get it on the trackman for a bit and see what happens.  

See what happens!

Oh, it was painful alright. I was down from end of January till the end of May. I have the MAX2 fairway, 16.5, with a Px EvenFlow  TipTide 60  in it. Like the mid flight off deck but can easily elevate it, and a mid/high flight off the tee. It’s long and I’m by no means WRX long. Yesterday was shamble day for our regular Wednesday weekly group and I also had a spare 400 Max on the range and at the request of our son,put it into the YOTA rather quickly. Good luck in your quest.

2 hours ago, boggyman said:

Oh, it was painful alright. I was down from end of January till the end of May. I have the MAX2 fairway, 16.5, with a Px EvenFlow  TipTide 60  in it. Like the mid flight off deck but can easily elevate it, and a mid/high flight off the tee. It’s long and I’m by no means WRX long. Yesterday was shamble day for our regular Wednesday weekly group and I also had a spare 400 Max on the range and at the request of our son,put it into the YOTA rather quickly. Good luck in your quest.

Jan - April in Ireland this year was lockdown... no golf for 4 months really hurts so I feel you on that one! 

Brill, I had the TS2 4 Wood H/L 16.5 and I just couldn't get the ball in the air, it was bizzare.. Tried a couple of different shafts and ended up binning it and stuck with the 5wood. It's so easy to hit and really nice flight.

Will have a look at the Sim Max's then, just want something where I'm not forcing a 5 wood to produce numbers it can't produce and do need to grab a 3 wood. 

Thanks will let you know

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 12:30 PM, OspreyCI said:

I see you have PXG in you name. Tried the Gen4 0811x driver? Wondering how it compares to the Sim2 Max.

Hi. I have only had a brief hit with Gen4, not in the same day but found the SIM2 Max to be a bit more muted. I did like the Gen4 and have a PXG fitting in December but am focusing more on the irons. Will hopefully try a Gen4 because well , hey, why not (!!!) but am looking at updating my gen3 irons in the main. I will post if I get to do a direct comparison 

• Thanks 1