Jump to content

ECCO shoe alternative?


dixiethunder
 Share

Recommended Posts

I've been wearing ECCOs for years in the same size and never had an issue but all of the new ones are fitting much tighter and more narrow. Any good recommendations for an alternative? I see great things about Trues but mostly sold out in my size so looking for some guidance. Thanks

Cobra Speedzone Extreme HZRDUS T1100 75 6.5
Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 16* Rouge Silver 70
Adams Red Hybrid 18*/20* Matrix Altus Tour
Callaway Rogue Pro 5-AW KBS Tour V110 Steel
Cleveland Niblick 42"/Don White 56*
Bobby Grace F-18

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks to both of you, just ordered some FJ Stratos to try because while I appreciate the removable insole on the Eccos, I still want the full cushioning.  

Cobra Speedzone Extreme HZRDUS T1100 75 6.5
Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 16* Rouge Silver 70
Adams Red Hybrid 18*/20* Matrix Altus Tour
Callaway Rogue Pro 5-AW KBS Tour V110 Steel
Cleveland Niblick 42"/Don White 56*
Bobby Grace F-18

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/17/2021 at 8:42 AM, jgallant415 said:

A lot of the new Ecco models are designed to be "adjustable width" by taking out the extra insole. I just picked up a pair of the S-Threes and they fit a bit snug for me until I popped out the extra insole and now they fit as well as any Eccos I've had in the past. 

 

IMG_2295.JPG.c902bb22eeb8fae3ea3e1e6db17a8dcd.JPG

Yup. I do the same with a three.  They were just a tad snug until I removed insole.  Now they are my go-to shoe. 

Driver: PXG 0811x 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 Evolution IV 
Irons: Mizuno 921 Forged 4-PW, Recoils 95 F4*
Hybrids: PXG 0317X 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketcsh (solid black)  
Bag: Mizuno K1-LO white/staff blue (something new is coming, cant decide.)
Ball: Titleist Pro V1, Snell MTB-X, Maxfli Tour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/17/2021 at 6:54 PM, dixiethunder said:

Thanks to both of you, just ordered some FJ Stratos to try because while I appreciate the removable insole on the Eccos, I still want the full cushioning.  

You'll like the Stratos, but I found the cork footbed to be a little less cush than the Ecco's. I'll still gab a pair, I dig the brown version..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/17/2021 at 9:42 AM, jgallant415 said:

A lot of the new Ecco models are designed to be "adjustable width" by taking out the extra insole. I just picked up a pair of the S-Threes and they fit a bit snug for me until I popped out the extra insole and now they fit as well as any Eccos I've had in the past. 

 

IMG_2295.JPG.c902bb22eeb8fae3ea3e1e6db17a8dcd.JPG

I was coming to say the same thing. The newest models are the same for me after many years knowing any of the Biom shoes would fit perfectly this year I had to remove the insole on one foot (weird, I know). Haven’t worn them long enough to know if less cushion will be detectable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Love my Ecco's AND my Stratos.  OP, report back after a test run.

Titleist TSi3 D Smoke Black 60 5.5
Titleist TSi3 3w/7w Tensei Blue 65
Callaway Apex DCB/DG AMT Red
Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
TM Spider Tour Black / SC Futura Phantom
Titleist ProV1
Titleist Hybrid 14
Bag Boy Nitron

Oontz Angle 3 Ultra Duals

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just ordered a pair of S-Threes on sale and was so disappointed in the fit. I've been wearing Biom Hybrids through two generations now and love them, but the S-Three was considerably narrower. I could take the insole out like some mentioned, but I felt a noticeable difference in cushioning when I did.  I guess I'll check out the Stratos now based on the recommendations above. 

 

I was a regular True user but didn't like the fit of the last pair of True Originals I bought, plus buying them in Canada is expensive and a pain. 

  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, bobmcbobson said:

Just ordered a pair of S-Threes on sale and was so disappointed in the fit. I've been wearing Biom Hybrids through two generations now and love them, but the S-Three was considerably narrower. I could take the insole out like some mentioned, but I felt a noticeable difference in cushioning when I did.  I guess I'll check out the Stratos now based on the recommendations above. 

 

I was a regular True user but didn't like the fit of the last pair of True Originals I bought, plus buying them in Canada is expensive and a pain. 

Totally surprised.  I have removed the insoles and the s-three are still my favorite shoes to walk in.  I also have the TL OG1.2 and while they are certainly wider and comfy, not nearly as cushioned as my s-three

Driver: PXG 0811x 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 Evolution IV 
Irons: Mizuno 921 Forged 4-PW, Recoils 95 F4*
Hybrids: PXG 0317X 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketcsh (solid black)  
Bag: Mizuno K1-LO white/staff blue (something new is coming, cant decide.)
Ball: Titleist Pro V1, Snell MTB-X, Maxfli Tour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My biggest problem removing the insole is they were glued down a little so now the insole is sticky and my sock bunches up as I put it on. And I can literally feel the ridges of where it was glued. Not sure if that will wear off. I was surprised because in the past I thought they just laid on top. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...