Ventus snapped, rebuild question

Trippels

So my ventus black 6x velocore snapped today after only 3 months on the job. Fair to assume I'll get it covered under warranty, but I was wondering about chaning some details on the rebuild.

I'm not sure if it's required to get the exact same shaft with the warranty, but assuming I can slightly change it to something like 6TX or 7X, what would be best for a 46 inch build?

Current set up with the 6x was at 45 inches, but I think I can handle some more length, but I would prefer it to not get softer. I'm guessing that the 6TX is stiffer and slightly faster than the 7X, but I've heard the 7X has a slightly higher balance point which might help with the extra length?

Edited by Trippels

0# Mizuno M-craft I KBS one step

1# Mizuno STG Ventus black 6TX

2# Mizuno MP20 HMB Ventus black 10TX

3-5# Mizuno MP20 HMB KBS $ taper 130x hardstepped

6-9# Mizuno MP20 MB KBS $ taper 130x

10-13# Mizuno T22 KBS $ taper 130x softstepped

Bridgestone tour b x

The grip master roo midsize/paddle

Usually a warranty is a 1:1 replacement.  In my years in the business I think I can remember one time a shaft busted where it was replaced with something else.

• Thanks 1

Taylormade SIM 9* - Aldila Rogue Silver

Cobra SpeedZone Tour Big 3 wood - Veylix Arcane

Callaway Rogue SZ 5 wood - Diamana Thump 85

PXG 0211DC 5-P - Elevate Tour

Titleist SM8 50, 54, 58 - Accra 123i

Bettinardi Prototype/Scotty Cameron T22 Newport

There is no guarantee Fuji will send you replacement  Their thing is that they will only send out a replacement if the shaft is damaged/snapped in certain sections of the shaft.  I do wish you luck and hope you get a replacement though. 

Edited by phizzy30

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Diamana ZF 60TX

TM SIM 15* w/Diamana ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Ghost Proto 16* HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

6 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

There is no guarantee Fuji will send you replacement  Their thing is that they will only send out a replacement if the shaft is damaged/snapped in certain sections of the shaft.  I do wish you luck and hope you get a replacement though. 

Yes I've heard about that, but it snapped just above the hosel which I believe is covered.

Bridgestone tour b x

14 hours ago, Trippels said:

Yes I've heard about that, but it snapped just above the hosel which I believe is covered.

That's good to hear.  I do believe that you are correct.  How did you snap it there? 

A few years ago I had a brand new ATMOS snap in half under the grip. It was immediately replaced and a shipping label was provided to send back the broken one. A replacement shaft shouldn't be an issue unless there was obvious damage done to the shaft in the area of the break.

SIM2, Atmos Blue 6x | CB Pro F2, Atmos Blue 8x
P730 3-9, $-Taper 125 - Miura 1957 2-9, $-Taper 125
MG3 46/50/54/58 $-Taper 125/KBS Tour 120 SS
Mann Mini - Cameron CT | TP5x | My WITB Thread

3 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

That's good to hear.  I do believe that you are correct.  How did you snap it there? 

I used the club to hit golf balls, might have been a bad idea.

• Like 1

Bridgestone tour b x

21 hours ago, Trippels said:

So my ventus black 6x velocore snapped today after only 3 months on the job. Fair to assume I'll get it covered under warranty, but I was wondering about chaning some details on the rebuild.

I'm not sure if it's required to get the exact same shaft with the warranty, but assuming I can slightly change it to something like 6TX or 7X, what would be best for a 46 inch build?

Current set up with the 6x was at 45 inches, but I think I can handle some more length, but I would prefer it to not get softer. I'm guessing that the 6TX is stiffer and slightly faster than the 7X, but I've heard the 7X has a slightly higher balance point which might help with the extra length?

The 6TX is 3g heavier uncut than the 6X (68g vs 65g). Making the club 1" longer with a 6TX will probably put you about 7-8 SW points higher than you were with the 6X @ 45". There is a 5X Ventus Blk @ 58g but it will feel considerably softer in flex at 46". Only YOU know if you want to go there.

IF you have the ability to lower the weight of the clubhead by 4-6g, then you can probably make the 6TX work @ 46". Personally, I like to go up in flex if making a driver much longer. I typically play 70-75g X & S flex shafts in my 44.5" drivers and I used a 65TX CB shaft in my 47.5" driver and it worked out great.

Good luck.

BT

Edited by Ri_Redneck

Cobra LTD Pro 10.5° HZRDUS Blk 75 6.0 @ 44.5"
Cobra LTD Black 14.5° Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 43"
Cobra F6 16.5° Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 41.5"
Mizuno MP25 4-PW Mamiya Recoil Proto 125 F4
Mizuno MP-T5 52, 56 & 60 - TT Wedge
Grips - Grip Master Master Perforated Midsize

Oddysey Stroke Lab V-Line Blk 33.5"

2 minutes ago, Ri_Redneck said:

The 6TX is 3g heavier uncut than the 6X (68g vs 65g). Making the club 1" longer with a 6TX will probably put you about 7-8 SW points higher than you were with the 6X @ 45". There is a 5X Ventus Blk @ 58g but it will feel considerably softer in flex at 46". Only YOU know if you want to go there.

IF you have the ability to lower the weight of the clubhead by 4-6g, then you can probably make the 6TX work @ 46".

Good luck.

BT

5X  would definitely be too light and probably too soft. There shouldn't be much of a difference between the 6TX and 6X swing weight wise though right?

Is it okay to tip the ventus black more than 1 inch?

If I'm going to use the shaft it would be in a mizuno stg, so I suppose I could remove one of the weights if it gets too head heavy.

Bridgestone tour b x

20 minutes ago, Trippels said:

5X  would definitely be too light and probably too soft. There shouldn't be much of a difference between the 6TX and 6X swing weight wise though right?

Is it okay to tip the ventus black more than 1 inch?

If I'm going to use the shaft it would be in a mizuno stg, so I suppose I could remove one of the weights if it gets too head heavy.

If you keep the same length and go with a 6TX, the SW will only be 1-2 points higher, if any. It may actually be better for you. Many players like heavier SW than what is considered normal. All Ventus shafts have a 3" parallell tip, so removing 1" will be fine. Depending on what weights you have now, others are available from Mizuno. But there is considerably mass on the bottom of the weight that could be sanded off to make the ones you have lighter. Start with them as they are, and only sand off a tiny bit at a time until your happy.

BT

Edited by Ri_Redneck
  • Thanks 1

Cobra LTD Pro 10.5° HZRDUS Blk 75 6.0 @ 44.5"
Cobra LTD Black 14.5° Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 43"
Cobra F6 16.5° Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 41.5"
Mizuno MP25 4-PW Mamiya Recoil Proto 125 F4
Mizuno MP-T5 52, 56 & 60 - TT Wedge
Grips - Grip Master Master Perforated Midsize

Oddysey Stroke Lab V-Line Blk 33.5"

Just now, Trippels said:

I used the club to hit golf balls, might have been a bad idea.

Very bad idea.  Now Fuji def won't honor the warranty.  😛

Might I be better off using the refreshed resale value of the warranty shaft and get something else if I want a 46 inch set up that's still stable and low/low?

How does the hzrdous green tx compare to a ventus black tx for example?

The ventus has been good I think, but certainly not too low or too stiff. 

Also would like as much anti-left as possible. I'd give half the kingdom to never hit a left curving ball again.

Bridgestone tour b x

So most likely they’ll send you a raw shaft no grip or adaptor . Rules here prohibit selling uncut shafts sadly (I understand why) but it shouldn’t be terribly hard for you to exchange it for a different shaft at a custom club builder. Especially since it’s a fairly sought after shaft .  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aaronwilson_95 said:

So most likely they’ll send you a raw shaft no grip or adaptor . Rules here prohibit selling uncut shafts sadly (I understand why) but it shouldn’t be terribly hard for you to exchange it for a different shaft at a custom club builder. Especially since it’s a fairly sought after shaft .  

They won't send a raw shaft to a consumer. All shafts from Fuji need to be built by an authorized dealer based on their rules. 

What I've been told so far is that if fujikura honors the warranty, then I will be given a credit for a ventus black from the vendor I bought from, which will be built to spec.

Bridgestone tour b x