2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Finally got nailed on the bay....ugh

Bigjim1022

1 minute ago, Bigjim1022 said:

Been selling on eBay for 15+ years and finally got my first negative feedback today, I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later.  Dropped my feedback from 100% to 92%, gahh

Did you deserve negative feedback?

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

2 hours ago, bhj83 said:

Did you deserve negative feedback?

I do not believe so.  Offered to fully refund the buyer once I received the putter back and provided a label.   Buyer turns out to be in South Korea (I shipped to confirmed PP address in Delaware)  so the cost for him to ship back was high.   He wanted a partial refund but didn't want to provide any pictures of why he thought condition was different than what was pictured.  So I said no pics no partial, I'll gladly refund once I receive the putter back. 

Edited by Bigjim1022

2 minutes ago, Bigjim1022 said:

I do not believe so.  Offered to fully refund the buyer once I received the putter back and provided a lab.   Buyer turns out to be in South Korea (I shipped to confirmed PP address in Delaware)  so the cost for him to ship back was high.   He wanted a partial refund but didn't want to provide any pictures of why he thought condition was different than what was pictured.  So I said no pics no partial, I'll gladly refund once I receive the putter back. 

Sounds like it's worth a dispute attempt. 

• Like 2

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

Just now, bhj83 said:

Sounds like it's worth a dispute attempt. 

Yeah I'm giving it a shot.  I don't like to partial refund as a rule, I find it much cleaner to just get the item back and resell.   The unwillingness to provide a pic of the "ding" was what made me dig my heels in on that.  We'll see 

• Like 1

With the refusal to send a picture of the "dispute", should give you a good advantage.  Would think it should come out in your favor.  As a buyer & seller on eBay for 20 some years, you never really know just how it will come out.  Only lost one over the years. I was the buyer in that one.  The vast majority have been someone just trying to milk the system to take advantage of it.

16 minutes ago, GLF4EVR said:

With the refusal to send a picture of the "dispute", should give you a good advantage.  Would think it should come out in your favor.  As a buyer & seller on eBay for 20 some years, you never really know just how it will come out.  Only lost one over the years. I was the buyer in that one.  The vast majority have been someone just trying to milk the system to take advantage of it.

That was one red flag, the other was that the return request was originally submitted to me on 11/8.  He told me last night that he didn't receive the putter until yesterday and that his shipping agency had advised of the ding and to request a return.  If that was the case, why send it on to S. Korea?  I would assume he must know how expensive shipping stuff internationally can be.  IDK too many things that didn't sit well with me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigjim1022 said:

I do not believe so.  Offered to fully refund the buyer once I received the putter back and provided a lab.   Buyer turns out to be in South Korea (I shipped to confirmed PP address in Delaware)  so the cost for him to ship back was high.   He wanted a partial refund but didn't want to provide any pictures of why he thought condition was different than what was pictured.  So I said no pics no partial, I'll gladly refund once I receive the putter back. 

What putter was this?

eBay is getting really bad lately. Especially on high end items. I’ve had multiple people trying to buy from me that are scams. They are always from Delaware or Oregon. They want you to ship to a warehouse and they will claim they never got it. If you look up the addresses on Google you’ll see many people have been scammed from those warehouses lately. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bigjim1022 said:

That was one red flag, the other was that the return request was originally submitted to me on 11/8.  He told me last night that he didn't receive the putter until yesterday and that his shipping agency had advised of the ding and to request a return.  If that was the case, why send it on to S. Korea?  I would assume he must know how expensive shipping stuff internationally can be.  IDK too many things that didn't sit well with me.

Ok so I use a freight forwarder which is probably what this guy uses but just into Canada. The main one I use doesn't take pics but sometimes will open the box if it's damage to do a quick inspection if anything is broken or may be missing. The other one I used to use will take pics but just general pics pretty much for me to say "yeah that's everything I ordered" and move on. They never do a deep inspection on the item because they're not experts they see hundreds of items a day and can't spend 5-10min looking over every box. 

Dude is a scammer trying to get a free putter from you. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

1 minute ago, Champ2430 said:

eBay is getting really bad lately. Especially on high end items. I’ve had multiple people trying to buy from me that are scams. They are always from Delaware or Oregon. They want you to ship to a warehouse and they will claim they never got it. If you look up the addresses on Google you’ll see many people have been scammed from those warehouses lately. 

I've sold a lot on eBay but it didn't even cross my mind for some reason to check out the address.  Everything was through paypal and I shipped to the confirmed address so at this point I am not out any $$, just the negative feedback.  I'll get on with ebay tonight when I get home from work (they block that site on my work PC) and see if I can get it removed.  

1 minute ago, MattM97 said:

Ok so I use a freight forwarder which is probably what this guy uses but just into Canada. The main one I use doesn't take pics but sometimes will open the box if it's damage to do a quick inspection if anything is broken or may be missing. The other one I used to use will take pics but just general pics pretty much for me to say "yeah that's everything I ordered" and move on. They never do a deep inspection on the item because they're not experts they see hundreds of items a day and can't spend 5-10min looking over every box. 

Dude is a scammer trying to get a free putter from you. 

That was my thinking too, thanks for the info I don't deal much with freight forwarders. I assume they are better than the Global Shipping Program ebay offers?  

I did get him to admit in my eBay messages that even though the return request was submitted on 11/8, he didn't actually get the putter until 11/17.  In the back of my mind I was thinking I wanted that on record if this went south.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bigjim1022 said:

I've sold a lot on eBay but it didn't even cross my mind for some reason to check out the address.  Everything was through paypal and I shipped to the confirmed address so at this point I am not out any $$, just the negative feedback.  I'll get on with ebay tonight when I get home from work (they block that site on my work PC) and see if I can get it removed.  

It sucks but that’s why I always look up the address on Google before I ship. If I see it’s a warehouse then it’s most likely a scam. They are usually always from DE too which now you can be on the lookout for. You’ll be able to get your feedback back. eBay understands these scams are happening.

Edited by Champ2430
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Champ2430 said:

It sucks but that’s why I always look up the address on Google before I ship. If I see it’s a warehouse then it’s most likely a scam. They are usually always from DE too which now you can be on the lookout for. The last thing I sold and cancelled because of that threatened he was going to get my eBay banned because I cancelled for no reason. They’re just trying to scare you. You’ll be able to get your feedback back. eBay understands these scams are happening.

It's getting so you really have to be on your toes for everything these days.  I'll certainly be on the lookout, thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigjim1022 said:

That was my thinking too, thanks for the info I don't deal much with freight forwarders. I assume they are better than the Global Shipping Program ebay offers?  

I did get him to admit in my eBay messages that even though the return request was submitted on 11/8, he didn't actually get the putter until 11/17.  In the back of my mind I was thinking I wanted that on record if this went south.  

Generally yes cause shipping is a bit cheaper overall and you can get people in the US to sell you stuff. I can't say how many people balked at just shipping me stuff to Canada even if I'm willing to pay. The one issues is if I buy private and do G&S I cannot put that address it which kinda seems scam-ish but I'm as legit as they come buying and selling. 

2 minutes ago, Champ2430 said:

It sucks but that’s why I always look up the address on Google before I ship. If I see it’s a warehouse then it’s most likely a scam. They are usually always from DE too which now you can be on the lookout for. The last thing I sold and cancelled because of that threatened he was going to get my eBay banned because I cancelled for no reason. They’re just trying to scare you. You’ll be able to get your feedback back. eBay understands these scams are happening.

See this is why I explain to people what my address is when they ship something to me. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

10 minutes ago, Bigjim1022 said:

I should have said everything was through the managed payment system that eBay now uses.  I should say, they sent an email saying that my funds would be put on hold until the return was resolved but nothing has changed in my bank account.  They are holding another payout that I have coming, but that's only $30 so I'm not too concerned. 

7 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

Generally yes cause shipping is a bit cheaper overall and you can get people in the US to sell you stuff. I can't say how many people balked at just shipping me stuff to Canada even if I'm willing to pay. The one issues is if I buy private and do G&S I cannot put that address it which kinda seems scam-ish but I'm as legit as they come buying and selling. 

See this is why I explain to people what my address is when they ship something to me. 

I never had an issues shipping international if somebody was willing to pay the shipping.  I actually made some really good sales overseas for more than I would have here just because 1. I was willing to ship it there and 2. lack of availability. 

16 minutes ago, Champ2430 said:

I don't think that's necessarily a scam. I've sold multiple big ticket type items to Delaware and Oregon addresses without issue for years, especially lately. They use those as freight forwarders and they pick those 2 states as they don't charge sales tax. I generally think they're overseas or international buyers that buy multiple items and get one bulk shipment rather than getting hit with the global shipping fee each time, which from what I've been told from buyers can be $40-70 on a simple club sometimes.

2 minutes ago, Bigjim1022 said:

I never had an issues shipping international if somebody was willing to pay the shipping.  I actually made some really good sales overseas for more than I would have here just because 1. I was willing to ship it there and 2. lack of availability. 

Not everyone is willing to do that but for me the freight service is cheaper than international shipping and I get it quicker too. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

4 minutes ago, VNutz said:

I don't think that's necessarily a scam. I've sold multiple big ticket type items to Delaware and Oregon addresses without issue for years, especially lately. They use those as freight forwarders and they pick those 2 states as they don't charge sales tax. I generally think they're overseas or international buyers that buy multiple items and get one bulk shipment rather than getting hit with the global shipping fee each time, which from what I've been told from buyers can be $40-70 on a simple club sometimes.

I agree with this. I’ve sold a bunch of putters that get shipped through that warehouse in Oregon and another one in California with no issues. Every item that went to these warehouses were TP Mills or Gauge Design Putters…both hits in the Asian markets. 

Be cautious that you get the item you sent actually returned. They might returning to you a cheap knockoff or just send you back nothing. I would video opening the box once you get it back just to protect yourself.

• Like 2

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft