Sunday bags

jomatty

I've tried a bunch of sunday bags.  Currently using a Belding waxed canvas, but it's pricey.  If you're shopping for a good price, check out the Titleist Carry Bag (non premium version).  I have one and it's good.

https://www.titleist.com/product/carry-bag/031GB1T.html

WITB - Persimmon, Rust, Wool, and Lead

I have the Titleist Carry Bag and it has been great. It has a double strap that is comfortable and 2 pouches that hold everything else you need to carry. The bottom side is has some water resistant material for when you set it on the ground. It can also hold 14 clubs if needed, but most of the time I only carry 7 or 8.

It's very simple, but it gets the job done.

Edited by pugsnotdrugs

I bought one of those Orlimar bags for $35 and it does everything I need.  Holds four irons and a putter without chattering; the putter gets one half and the irons get the other.

It has a rope threaded like shoelaces that hold my water bottle.  I loop the end of the loop to hold my Garmin Approach G10 GPS.  The pocket easily holds ten balls, tees, and the scorecard.

Most of the time I just carry it by the firmly attached handle and don't bother with the strap.  The less time I spend fiddling with the bag the more likely I'm able to find the ball.  Between the lush grass, leaves, and rolling hills I'm quite satisfied to complete a round without losing a ball.  I've done that twice out of 14 rounds.

I have a Ping moonlite and it has done the job.  I prefer the ones with dual straps vs. the single sling.  One of the reasons I don't end up with a Jones bag, but oh well.

• Like 2

Titleist TSi2 9* AV Raw Blue 65TX

Titleist TS2 16.5* AV Raw Blue 75TX

Titleist TS3 19* AV Raw Blue 75X

Srixon 745 4-5 945 6-PW PX 6.0

Cleveland RTX4 50/54/58 TI S400

Odyssey Tank Cruiser 35"

I have what I think was a Golfsmith product called a Tourtrek--- I got it in a bulk buy deal a while back-- I did change the strap to one off of a Nike Bag I found on the scrap pile at work. Had one problem with it the plastic spine was cheap and somehow broke. It has the stops for the spine so I cut down an old graphite shaft and it worked fine. I carried it in the car for years with a 5 club set up when I was able to walk. Now I do have what I think is a Vagabond copy I found at Goodwill for $2. it is the same size as my Jones classic but a lot lighter appears to be made of balistic nylon

Driver--- TM M-6 Evenflow 65gm R set to 9.5

3W  TM V-Steel 15* bent to 14 NVS green Aldila 65gr R

7W TM V-steel 21* Ust Pro Force Gold 65 R

Irons 5 thru PW 2016 TM TP CBs--- Steelfiber 95 R shafts

GW  Ping Eye2 + Cleveland wedge shaft 51* 

SW Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind -- Modified grind to 10* KBS Wedge shaft

Putter Rusty Scotty Sante Fe Fluted Bullseye shaft--- No it aint going no where

Bag Old TM R-7 stand freebie works good on range and cart

Balls Some kind of Srixon since I have won so many-- Hey new freebies hit good

Mizuno Golf Scratch Sac BSCRTCH20 Black Grey 90 | Function18

I have an older version of this that's more than 10 years old. It's made literally hundreds of trips to the practice range. It's probably the best bang for the buck value golf purchase I've made.  (I literally don't get how people take full bags to the driving range.)

Edited by mantan

PING G410 10.5*
Cleveland 18* Hy-Wood
PING G410 22* Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 5-PW

Cleveland Black Satin CBX 2 48*

Cleveland Black Satin CBX 2 52*
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56*

Cleveland Black Satin CBX 2 60*

Cleveland Frontline Elevado
Titleist Tour Speed

I just bought a PROSimmon DRK 7" Carry Bag.  Haven't used it yet, but it looks like it will work fine.  It's a little bigger than what one might consider a 'Sunday' bag, but I also have a Champkey Sunday bag that is basically a quiver, and I found it was just too limiting in what I could carry.  With mid-sized grips, I would struggle to remove clubs if I carried any more than 5.  The PROSimmon has larger pockets and much better space for clubs, so if I only want to carry 5, no problem, but if I want to carry 10, that's no problem either.  It's an inexpensive bag, as was the Champkey, so time will tell how well it holds up.  Could be one of those 'you get what you pay for' instances, but perhaps not. 

Edited by jordan2240

Had the Moonlite and it was great, but I think the Jones players is the best for a Sunday bag.  That said, I DO have a Rover on the way and one of the things I loved about the Moonlite was the dual straps, but the Jones has a solid bottom which I think will be better than the soft bottom on the Moonlite.  Both can hold a full set with the Moonlite having a 4 way top divider and the Players/Rover having two, but I think having less helps minimize the tangle, thought it should be the opposite.  The Moonlite has a half spine while the Jones has a full... I anticipate this being a real positive for using it full time.  I have had a lot of bags in the past year or two and keep coming back to the Jones bags.

Taylormade SIM2 10.5  HZRDUS RDX blue 60  6.0

Titleist 917f2 16.5 (C1)  Aldila Rogue silver 70s

Ping G410 19  Aldila Rogue black 85s

PXG Gen 3  0311T  4-P  Elevate Tour stiff

Ping Glide Stealth 2.0  52/12, 58/10

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Snell MTB 

Titleist Players 4+

While I haven't golfed with it, I am very impressed with my Titleist Sunday bag. I take it to the range when I only want to hit a few clubs (say driver, 6iron, gap wedge) and roll a few putts.

Driver: Titleist TSi2

FW: Titleist TSi 2 (5 & 7)

Hybrid: Titleist TSi 24*

Irons: PXG 0311 XP (Gen 3)

Wedges: PXG 0311 Forged (52* & 56*)

Putter: Piretti Elite

Mizuno BR-D2. Pretty much end of discussion if you can still find one. Dual straps for better comfort, can carry 6-8 clubs comfortably, beverage holder netting and even has stand legs so it doesn't get wet on early morning dew sweeper rounds. I've had mine for at least a year and have no complaints. 

Edited by rondre3000
no complaints

d: Mavrik | f: ST-Z, Apex UW | h1: Apex 21 | i: zx5/7 | w: MD4 | p: Chalk Spider X SB

I have the Titleist Sunday Bag (non premium).  I used Jones Original and Players for many years previously.  The Titleist balances better for my backward carry.

I almost always walk, so the Titleist is my go to bag, and I carry 12 clubs.  The minor snags I experience when "holstering" and "unholstering" a club don't bother me.   

If you want a stand, the Vessel Sunday bag is also a really nice one..

Taylormade SIM2 10.5  HZRDUS RDX blue 60  6.0

Titleist 917f2 16.5 (C1)  Aldila Rogue silver 70s

Ping G410 19  Aldila Rogue black 85s

PXG Gen 3  0311T  4-P  Elevate Tour stiff

Ping Glide Stealth 2.0  52/12, 58/10

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Snell MTB 

Titleist Players 4+

16 hours ago, jomatty said:

Have anyone seen that Sunday bag Lomo in person?  I want to be able to carry at least seven or eight crabs and I’m just not sure if that will do it comfortably

Yes. It looks great but it seems just a bit too small for more than probably 6 clubs. 

I have an older Ping “4 Under”. It’s not really a Sunday bag but at about 3.5 pounds with legs I’m not sure 1 pounds savings is going to be that much of a difference maker. Don’t think I like the idea of setting my stuff down in the wet grass all day. 

6335ACDF-B24D-4A7B-8B2A-F99C75BAC393.jpeg

Titleist TS2 / Blueboard
Titleist 915 3 and 5 wood

Srixon U85 4
Srixon Z785
Callaway Jaws 52/56/60
Scotty NP2
TM TP5

16 hours ago, jomatty said:

Have anyone seen that Sunday bag Lomo in person?  I want to be able to carry at least seven or eight crabs and I’m just not sure if that will do it comfortably

Met one of the Sunday golf guys a couple months back and fyi, they are coming out with a few bigger options in early 2022. The prototypes he showed me were sweet. I am waiting on my next bag purchase for when they become available

• Like 1

Callaway GBB @10.5*

TaylorMade M4 3W @15*

Adams Tight Lies 7W @22*

Callaway UT @24*

Miura CB-501, 5-pw

Ping G Series W @50*

Callaway PM Grind 19 @54*

Ping Eye2 @58*

Putter status: Variable...

18 hours ago, jomatty said:

Depends mostly on grip size.  I play mid’s on my clubs and a SuperStroke Mid-slim on my putter.  Seven is tight with that setup, but six is easily doable.  Seven should be fine with regular’s, not sure about eight.  

Titleist 917D2, w/UST Mamiya Elements Chrome 7F4T
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
18* KZG U Iron, w/UST Proforce V2 100-S
Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 4-5, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

I ended up getting the Maxfli air and so far am happy.  It is really light at 2.5 pounds and has a little bit of storage if I need to take off  a sweatshirt or something.  How durable it is will remain to be seen.  With 7 clubs, 6 balls, a handful of tees and a couple bottles of water it is incredibly light.  I think it would be tight for 14 clubs but would probably handle 12 just fine.

KABOOM BABY!

1368267692_PXGsundaybag.jpg.e2bd6d556e896558ff5874582faef92f.jpg

Edited by BirdieBob
  • Sad 1

CALLAWAY Customs (Black w/Silver) "The FREAK" Mavrik Sub Zero Driver, 9* (10*), Accra TZ6/M5 72g X

CALLAWAY Apex UW 17* LAGolf Tour Issue Prototype Trono 75x

PXG GEN4 0311ST, Xtreme Dark, 4 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout

PXG GEN4 0311T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout

PXG GEN4 0311XP/GEN0311P, Xtreme Dark, 5 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 56*/10, 60*/7, PX 6.5 Blackout //  CALLAWAY JAWS MD5 Custom Wedges, 54*(55*)/10S, 60*/08C; PX LS 6.5....TOULON GARAGE Austin Custom Rose Gold // SCOTTY CAMERON Santa Fe T3 Custom Antique Copper  .... STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550// Cobalt Q6 Slope