2022 PGA Tour Television and Streaming Schedule Information

grm24

• CBS Sports to feature 20 events and kicks off 2022 network coverage with the Farmers Insurance Open featuring the first scheduled Saturday finish on the PGA TOUR since 1996
• NBC to televise all three FedExCup Playoffs events in August of 2022
• ESPN+ to take over distribution of PGA TOUR LIVE and increase live coverage to four streaming channels

NBC Sports will continue as the TOUR’s cable partner, with GOLF Channel providing early-round coverage and lead-in weekend coverage of every FedExCup event. GOLF Channel will also carry four-round coverage for six events.

PGA TOUR LIVE – the PGA TOUR’s subscription video service that was launched in 2015 – will make its 2022 debut with new over-the-top streaming (OTT) partner ESPN+ at the Sentry Tournament of Champions (January 6-9). Thirty-five PGA TOUR tournaments will be available via ESPN+ in 2022 featuring more than 4,300 hours of live coverage, including four daily live streams starting at The American Express (January 20-23).

https://www.pgatour.com/company/2021/11/23/pga-tour-announces-broadcast-schedule-for-media-partners-nbc-sports-cbs-sports-and-espn-for-2022.html

https://www.pgatour.com/content/dam/pgatour/docs/pdf/2021/11/23/2021-22PGATOURSchedule.pdf

• Like 1

16 hours ago, grm24 said:

• ESPN+ to take over distribution of PGA TOUR LIVE and increase live coverage to four streaming channels

"distribution" -- makes me wonder if subscribing through Amazon Channels and/or NBC Sports Gold will still be an option.  I already have ESPN+ as part of a bundle, so I canceled my Amazon Channels subscription since it was due to renew in Jan.

Let's hope that it's an improvement over last year.  One of the main things I enjoyed about PGA Tour Live when I first started subscribing was the speed rounds, but it seemed that very few tournaments this year actually make speed rounds available.

One thing I hope they are working on, at least long term, is auto-curated feeds similar to what the Masters offers where you can select X favorite players and it automatically curates a feed for you.  Obviously setting up the infrastructure on the course do this will be a challenge, but I really hope that's what they are working towards.

Edited by SirFuego

19 hours ago, NormanFan said:

Amazon just sent me an e-mail that said PGA Tour Live will no longer be carried by their site, so it looks like you will have to get ESPN+ to get PGA Tour Live.

Me too. Which stinks.  I guess I just won’t have it now. ESPN isn’t worth it to me. 

• Like 2

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

21 hours ago, khalespace said:

Currently I have PGA Tour Live through Amazon. Can I subscribe to it with Disney Plus? I Don't have ESPN+.

You can add ESPN+ (and Hulu) to an existing Disney+ subscription as a bundle, but if you pay annually for Disney Plus, it might be cheaper to subscribe to both services separately.

Disney offers a bundle of Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu for $14/month.  Disney+ on its own is $8/month, ESPN+ is $7/month, and Hulu has a variety of price points that will pro-rate the package accordingly.  If you care about all three services, the bundle is a better deal across the board.

Even if you don't care about Hulu, the bundle is still $1/month cheaper than just Disney+ and ESPN+.  However, if you pay annually for Disney+ ($70), it's actually cheaper to get the annual subscription to ESPN+ ($60) when you consider the total cost of both services over the year.

We don't have a cable subscription, but we do use Hulu Live for our live TV.  So even though I don't watch ESPN+ too much, it was a better deal for us to do the bundle.

Edited by SirFuego
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

PGA Tour press release for the ESPN+ streaming service that starts in January. Seems a great deal more content than PGA Tour live had. For those that stream their golf this is a pretty good article/summary of what to expect.

https://www.pgatour.com/company/2021/12/06/tour-espn-announce-details-of-expanded-and-extended-coverage-beginning-in-january.html

Itching to find out where we will actually get coverage in the UK from next season on. The Sky Sports contract finishes at the end of 2021 and amazingly, with just three weeks until 2022 there has been no announcement as to which channel will be showing PGA Tour Golf in 2022 and on.

Around this time of year, Sky Sports normally push what they have coming up the following year but those adverts and trailers have been conspicuous by their absence in the most recent broadcasts but by the same token there has been a complete absence of any other channels indicating that they will be showing it instead. Totally bizarre! 

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

On 11/23/2021 at 7:56 PM, tw_focus said:

Saturday finish is to work around NFL playoffs. So look for TW to be picking up that trophy at Torrey on SATURDAY.

Do you honestly believe Tiger will make his return at Riviera in ~7 weeks and win?! That’s absolutely ridiculous!

He will no doubt be making his return in ~4.5 weeks at the Sony and win!!🤣 

Get real t-dub!! 😜

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, kwelifan said:

ESPN+ as a standalone service is cheaper than pga tour live, about half the price.  And it has more than just golf on it.

How much is espn + ?   I had live through Amazon prime.  I pay for prime for business.  So that cost is not extra to me. I have to pay it to get certain deals on supplies.  So it’s a write off on top of that. 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

On 12/25/2021 at 9:14 AM, howaboutme said:

Did anyone get an email from Amazon Prime about PGA Tour live renewal? I'm now confused if Amazon will carry PGA Tour Live. A quick Google doesn't say anything in regards to Prime. Anyone know?

I’m confused too. But after a moments reading this morning, I’m leaning towards it being back available through the prime video app.  But I’m still not sure. 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

16 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

I’m confused too. But after a moments reading this morning, I’m leaning towards it being back available through the prime video app.  But I’m still not sure. 

I tend to think that Amazon knows what they are doing and are not going to charge us if they don't have a deal. I just think it's weird to not have any news about it. Everything that I've read says ESPN+ exclusive.

21 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

How much is espn + ?   I had live through Amazon prime.  I pay for prime for business.  So that cost is not extra to me. I have to pay it to get certain deals on supplies.  So it’s a write off on top of that. 

I have said this a bunch in the last year - I think the ESPN+ / Disney+ / Hulu bundle is the best streaming bargain out there. 

I think the bundle was $99/yr when I signed up a couple years ago - maybe its gone up since then.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

20 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Its currently 6.99 a month or 69.99 a year for just espn+

28 minutes ago, kwelifan said:

Its currently 6.99 a month or 69.99 a year for just espn+

Right.  If you don’t watch  the nba or nfl ( I don’t ) then it’s alot.  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

21 minutes ago, OatmealB said:

There’s actually no NBA or NFL on ESPN+. It’s primarily college sports and soccer. As a throw-in to the Disney Plus/Hulu package I get a lot out of it. Would I pay for it separately? Probably not. 

Tons of soccer - which I watch. Also a lot of college football. Some MLB/NHL/UFC although I couldn't offer an idea of "how many" of each are on there.

Like you said, as part of the bundle, its a no brainer for me.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

4 hours ago, dcmidnight said:

Tons of soccer - which I watch. Also a lot of college football. Some MLB/NHL/UFC although I couldn't offer an idea of "how many" of each are on there.

Like you said, as part of the bundle, its a no brainer for me.

Also Tennis...it comes in handy because sometimes you'll get to see players that you want to see who's match isn't on the main broadcast for events like Wimbledon and the US Open 

2 hours ago, ilikegolf26 said:

With ESPN+ taking over the streaming of what was PGA Tour Live please tell

me it will be produced the same (announcers, limited commercials, showing every shot of featured groups, etc)? Anything ESPN touches goes straight to s*** and I loved PGA Tour Live. 

https://www.pgatour.com/company/2021/12/06/tour-espn-announce-details-of-expanded-and-extended-coverage-beginning-in-january.html

The weekly production crew behind PGA TOUR LIVE on ESPN+ will increase from approximately 85 people to more than 210, with 16 cameras on the course, and a 15-person talent crew calling the action across the four channels. The expanded talent roster is still being finalized and will include current studio hosts John Swantek, Jonathan Coachman, Lisa Cornwell and Ned Michaels and on-course analysts Christina Kim, Karen Stupples, Mark Immelman, Chantel McCabe, Mark Wilson, Stuart Appleby and Michael Collins.

https://www.pgatour.com/company/2020/01/17/frequently-asked-questions-pga-tour-live.html

Q: When will coverage on ESPN+ start? What tournaments are you covering?

A: PGA TOUR LIVE will cover 35 events in the 2022 calendar year, beginning at Sentry Tournament of Champions (Jan 6-9, 2022). This excludes the majors (The Masters, U.S. Open, The Open Championship, PGA Championship), alternate-field and team events.

Q: What will coverage look like across the 4 feeds offered on ESPN+?
A: The four feeds that will be streamed on PGA TOUR LIVE on ESPN+ include:

•   Main Feed:  The best action from across the course.

•   Featured Holes:  Exclusive coverage of a combination of par-3’s and iconic or signature holes.

•   Marquee Group:  Every shot from a highlighted group of the day.

•   Featured Groups:  Simultaneous coverage of two other groups of players.

Q: What coverage will be available during the morning and afternoon for PGA TOUR LIVE on ESPN+?
A: Morning Coverage (before the TV window):

• Main Feed – Primary coverage, showcasing the best action around the course and across the player field
• Marquee Group – every shot from each player in one group (intended to be the “A” group)
• Featured Groups – shots from each player in two (2) groups, shown concurrently
• Featured Holes – coverage of every Par 3 hole on the course and/or iconic holes

Afternoon Coverage (during the TV window):

• Featured Group 1 – every shot from each player in one group
• Featured Group 2 – every shot from each player in one group (different group than FG #1)
• Featured Hole 1 – every shot on one hole
• Featured Hole 2 – every shot on one hole (different hole than FH #1)