MtlJeff's Blade/Players-Distance/SGI winter extravaganza (Now featuring 40% more dogs!)

MtlJeff

On 12/27/2021 at 9:29 AM, Brizam said:

Aussies are the best. Will play frisbee until your arm falls off.  Ours is 6 now. 

166AD046-2823-419E-BF23-CE6E152F903D.jpeg

I’m convinced mine would chase a frisbee until she literally couldn’t or her heart exploded.  I’m not kidding.  I cannot imagine her stopping if I kept throwing.

6 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

My first Boston Terrier loved golf balls period. One day I was in the yard hitting little poppers with a 60* and she was catching them in the air. Now in those days I was pretty good with a 60 because I practiced and played every day. I got to thinking if I skull one hot it might kill her. I ended up getting some whiffle balls for play with her. But as you can imagine she was rough on the whiffle balls

Mine was running down the wedge shots if I popped them up a little and catching them in the air.  My wife was not about to have me hurting her babies teeth with a golf ball.  The foam balls have held up better than I expected.

MTlJeff - good idea to make a thread where we could all talk about our dogs!

• Like 4

Just a note that Quebec has shut down all sports and indoor bar based activities (including sims) for 3 weeks, which for Quebec means 3-4 months. 

So I won't have any numbers updates for the foreseeable future

We can talk about dogs exclusively now!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 7

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

2 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

Just a note that Quebec has shut down all sports and indoor bar based activities (including sims) for 3 weeks, which for Quebec means 3-4 months. 

Damn, that's nuts. My home course is still flooded and currently under a half foot of snow on top of that. But the range is covered and heated. 

• Like 1

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

1 minute ago, lefthack said:

Damn, that's nuts. My home course is still flooded and currently under a half foot of snow on top of that. But the range is covered and heated. 

We've lost 60-70% of our hospital capacity in the last year. I mentioned a couple of pages back but I saw this coming. 

Fortunately I own a barn so can hit some balls in there, just no launch numbers...sadly. 

Probably won't even hit the PXGs again until April/May

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Yeah, I keep looking at the he Garmin R10. It would take some work, but I think I could rig a hitting bay in the garage. I just don't know that I would use it as much as I tell myself I would. It's about a grand to set up a simulator, but I'm about to spend that on my F1 simulator, so there is that. 🤣 

If I get a sweet bonus and raise this year, I might do both. 

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

3 minutes ago, lefthack said:

Yeah, I keep looking at the he Garmin R10. It would take some work, but I think I could rig a hitting bay in the garage. I just don't know that I would use it as much as I tell myself I would. It's about a grand to set up a simulator, but I'm about to spend that on my F1 simulator, so there is that. 🤣 

If I get a sweet bonus and raise this year, I might do both. 

I'm thinking about adding an LM machine of some sort , still undecided. I live about 10 minutes away from a place with several screens and 2 trackmans. 

So I'd only really need it during shutdowns . But even then I can hit balls into my net off a mat, just I don't get numbers and it's a little chilly since it's a legit barn lol

• Like 2

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

8 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

I'm thinking about adding an LM machine of some sort , still undecided. I live about 10 minutes away from a place with several screens and 2 trackmans. 

So I'd only really need it during shutdowns . But even then I can hit balls into my net off a mat, just I don't get numbers and it's a little chilly since it's a legit barn lol

Have you asked them if you can borrow the trackman during shutdown?

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

6 minutes ago, Myherobobhope said:

Have you asked them if you can borrow the trackman during shutdown?

Haha I don't think we're there yet. My old place they probably would have lent it. But I'm kinda new in town where I am. We moved in July. 

• Like 1

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

23 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

I wish I had a place with a Trackman. I bought a net this summer but it's HUGE. I was using it in the back yard, but I think it would fit on the garage. A screen is only about $100 and I have a PC and projector.

I like the idea of the Garmin being small to take to the range or even on course when it's slow. After buying 3 sets of irons in 2 months, my budget is feeling a bit strained at the moment, so we will see what my bonus looks like.

• Like 2

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

13 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

Haha I don't think we're there yet. My old place they probably would have lent it. But I'm kinda new in town where I am. We moved in July. 

Mostly unrelated… my sister owns part of a CrossFit gym in idaho… when they shut down they loaned out all the equipment but she didn’t think to borrow any herself…

planning holiday logistics with her is a nightmare.

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

28 minutes ago, lefthack said:

I wish I had a place with a Trackman. I bought a net this summer but it's HUGE. I was using it in the back yard, but I think it would fit on the garage. A screen is only about $100 and I have a PC and projector.

I like the idea of the Garmin being small to take to the range or even on course when it's slow. After buying 3 sets of irons in 2 months, my budget is feeling a bit strained at the moment, so we will see what my bonus looks like.

Save your money and skip the R10. It’s slightly more accurate than a toy. 

• Thanks 1

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

4 minutes ago, PowderedToastMan said:

Save your money and skip the R10. It’s slightly more accurate than a toy. 

That's basically what it's for. I'm not looking to dial in my launch and spin numbers, I'm looking to play a fake Augusta using my clubs in stead of my PS4 controller.

The Mevo+ is like $1500, I have a tough time justifying that to goof in the garage. Hell, I'm having a tough time justifying the $600 or whatever for the R10. 🤣

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

9 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

I wish you and Cardy would move on down here permanately----- You 2 would be great to play golf with and discuss golf equipment with----- In the height of the pandemic we did not have any bad restrictions and golf thrived for some of the local orentated courses. Now the Tourist friendly courses some of them shut down during the pandemic because no tourists and they had long ago aleniated all us locals---- I do have some great folks I play golf with but they know nothing about the game itself or equipment. . Most of my in depth discussions on the game and equipment are right here on WRX

• Like 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

9 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

We've lost 60-70% of our hospital capacity in the last year. I mentioned a couple of pages back but I saw this coming. 

Fortunately I own a barn so can hit some balls in there, just no launch numbers...sadly. 

Probably won't even hit the PXGs again until April/May

Start a GoFundMe for a personal launch monitor, and I'm sure a few here will chip in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

2 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

Start a GoFundMe for a personal launch monitor, and I'm sure a few here will chip in.

Haha it's not really the money. Just not sure how much i'd really use it. If i'm just hitting balls into a net for a month that's maybe a total of 10-12 times. As mentioned beyond that i live really close to an LM and 5 minutes away from my country club in the summer.

The Garmin might make sense because i do need a GPS watch, so i might need a subscription to Garmin anyway. I need to figure this stuff out. I might just get a rangefinder though

• Like 1

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Daily use and not a single regret.  Did some golfin and snowblower maintenance to cap the evening.

I have top tracer for $35/hour less than a mile away.  Have only been there once since getting this operational.  This was about $3500 add-in and will pay for itself in one winter.

IMG_20211231_0813553.jpg.1344012ee9cdee6a0fa9eff0f872f338.jpgIMG_20211231_0812109.jpg.fa15115ef7adcf1c42f2d8a139643c8b.jpg

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

Haha it's not really the money. Just not sure how much i'd really use it. If i'm just hitting balls into a net for a month that's maybe a total of 10-12 times. As mentioned beyond that i live really close to an LM and 5 minutes away from my country club in the summer.

The Garmin might make sense because i do need a GPS watch, so i might need a subscription to Garmin anyway. I need to figure this stuff out. I might just get a rangefinder though

I'm not real close to anything. There is a Top Golf 45 minutes away, but I wouldn't trust my numbers much there.

There are a few bars that have bays around somewhere, but I'm not looking to drag my bag into some local bar, either. 

$3500 is WAY out of my comfort zone for play things. My first Corvette was only $4k and I got 2 years out of it. When I wrecked it, insurance gave me $12k, so it paid for itself plus bought me a truck. I don't see an LM doing that. 🤣

• Haha 2

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

I looked at it this way:

Top tracer 35/ hour.  6 hours a week in winter.  Times 4.2 for each week in a month times 4 months equals $3,528, with nothing to show for it.  Or, spend the same amount, and have something I can use functionally forever.  

To me that seemed rather simple.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Lasorcier said:

I looked at it this way:

Top tracer 35/ hour.  6 hours a week in winter.  Times 4.2 for each week in a month times 4 months equals $3,528, with nothing to show for it.  Or, spend the same amount, and have something I can use functionally forever.  

To me that seemed rather simple.

I barely play 6 hours a week in the summer ( 4 rounds of 9 @ 1:30 a round) and I might hit the range once if I only play twice in a week. 

My fear is I'll spend $1500 putting it together then never really use it. If my bonus is over $10k then I might suck it up and spend the $1500 if I commit to using it. I would also need to figure out a heater, my garage gets wicked cold. Propane jet or something.

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

That was my fear as well, but then I figured I am a golf addict.  Sure enough,  I use it darn near every day.  I did a couple hours last night that was probably 250 balls or so.  I do that certainly 5 nights in a week.

As far as the heat, I use a kerosene heater.  It warms my garage in like 10 minutes and doesn't mess around about it.  This:

IMG_20211231_0813281.jpg.765ac571363380473a6b45ef8f37d43f.jpg

Edited by Lasorcier
Typo
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, drumdude96 said:

That dog's pappy is 100% pit bull, guaranteed. 

That's been our best guess as well. He's a huge baby is all I really know. Great dog!

G400 Max 9* Ping tour 65r   

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

On 12/23/2021 at 3:40 PM, MtlJeff said:

Your combatants today FWIW

PXL_20211223_182335513.MP.jpg

Sorry, I'm totally late on this thread, but...HIT THE BIG ONE!

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

1 hour ago, MtlJeff said:

This is my modest setup for the next couple of months....and another pic of Griffin my Aussie

PXL_20211231_203707181.MP.jpg

PXL_20211230_204546153.MP.jpg

That net is more appropriate. Mine is 10x7 and sounded good at the time. But it's HUGE actually.

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Quick pup story. Got to bed real late last night, and the doggo immediately lays next to me and plops his head down next to my face, with his nose within an inch of my ear. For the next 5 min I hear him breathe and sleep, while I literally grin ear to ear the whole time. 🐶
image.jpeg.bdbe55922e5e1b6a5cfe4d2666d80708.jpeg

Edited by A.Princey
  • Like 4

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

49 minutes ago, A.Princey said:

Quick pup story. Got to bed real late last night, and the doggo immediately lays next to me and plops his head down next to my face, with his nose within an inch of my ear. For the next 5 min I hear him breathe and sleep, while I literally grin ear to ear the whole time. 🐶
image.jpeg.bdbe55922e5e1b6a5cfe4d2666d80708.jpeg

They are the best!!🤗

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BIG STU said:

I wish you and Cardy would move on down here permanately----- You 2 would be great to play golf with and discuss golf equipment with----- In the height of the pandemic we did not have any bad restrictions and golf thrived for some of the local orentated courses. Now the Tourist friendly courses some of them shut down during the pandemic because no tourists and they had long ago aleniated all us locals---- I do have some great folks I play golf with but they know nothing about the game itself or equipment. . Most of my in depth discussions on the game and equipment are right here on WRX

I gotta say I'm considering it!!! Not sure how much of these winters I can take . Basically second year in a row of no sports no gatherings until spring

New year's Eve and we've got a curfew and both my parents are home alone. Good times. Were a week or so away from having snipers in the streets! I totally get it though, the 3 doctors and 4 nurses left in Quebec are very overworked

Edited by MtlJeff
  • Sad 1

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

• MtlJeff changed the title to MtlJeff's Blade/Players-Distance/SGI winter extravaganza (Now featuring 40% more dogs!)