MtlJeff's Blade/Players-Distance/SGI winter extravaganza (Now featuring 40% more dogs!)

MtlJeff

5 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

I gotta say I'm considering it!!! Not sure how much of these winters I can take . Basically second year in a row of no sports no gatherings until spring

New year's Eve and we've got a curfew and both my parents are home alone. Good times. Were a week or so away from having snipers in the streets! I totally get it though, the 3 doctors and 4 nurses left in Quebec are very overworked

I do not know where Cardy is at---- He said he was going to be back here Dec 30--- Had him on our same scramble team for today--- I called him yesterday and left a message-- He PMed me on here last night said he was not going to make it here for today-- So we will pick up a 4th for today or play the alternate shot thing

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

15 hours ago, lefthack said:

That net is more appropriate. Mine is 10x7 and sounded good at the time. But it's HUGE actually.

They had a 10x10 and 10x7 as well yeah, when i went and measured my barn i was pretty sure the 10 footer wouldn't fit . It actually might have but not really necessary.

The 7 foot one is plenty big , and if you stand close enough even a dreaded hosel shot should be OK

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

5 hours ago, BIG STU said:

I do not know where Cardy is at---- He said he was going to be back here Dec 30--- Had him on our same scramble team for today--- I called him yesterday and left a message-- He PMed me on here last night said he was not going to make it here for today-- So we will pick up a 4th for today or play the alternate shot thing

it's still fairly straightforward to get out of Canada (provided the fight isn't cancelled), but getting back in is a bit of a pain especially now with how contagious the "cron is. If you test positive you can't come back for 7-10 days. I was supposed to go to CES this week but even my company was like "yeah maybe stay home". I don't think they wanted to pay me to stay in the Mirage for a month LOL

Gonna be a rough couple of months here. Not that we're getting Omicron any worse than anywhere else we just probably have the least amount of hospital staff per capita in the Americas.

• Sad 1

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

9 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

They had a 10x10 and 10x7 as well yeah, when i went and measured my barn i was pretty sure the 10 footer wouldn't fit . It actually might have but not really necessary.

The 7 foot one is plenty big , and if you stand close enough even a dreaded hosel shot should be OK

Yeah, I started with the pop up tent looking one and lucky I was using foam balls because I put one in the rain gutter of my neighbor's house. The 10x7 is fine outside but takes up a majority on my 2 car garage. 

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

On 12/30/2021 at 8:55 PM, MtlJeff said:

Just a note that Quebec has shut down all sports and indoor bar based activities (including sims) for 3 weeks, which for Quebec means 3-4 months. 

So I won't have any numbers updates for the foreseeable future

We can talk about dogs exclusively now!

Brutal Jeff! Here in Ontario it looks like things are staying open this time.

Fat Boy Ford knows he has no capital left and can’t lose anymore votes. So I guess it’s the Quebeckers that will be sneaking into Ontario this time around… 🙄🙄🙄

• Like 2

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

8 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Fat Boy Ford knows he has no capital left and can’t lose anymore votes. So I guess it’s the Quebeckers that will be sneaking into Ontario this time around… 🙄🙄🙄

I think Frank the Leg knows this is likely the end of his time. He just had no choice. You guys are in a much better position than we are hospital wise. If the numbers given by the respective provinces are mostly accurate, Ontario has more ICU bed capacity alone than we have total bed capacity. And considering we're ~70% of your population.....

I might not sneak into Ontario i might move there. It's a realistic question to wonder when we will have winter sports again, could be 5+ years fairly easily. Not sure we could handle a normal flu season right now

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

27 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Yes Dougie knows he’s barely hanging on and his ding dong daughter isn’t helping him😵💫It has been nice that he no longer makes his daily updates to show off what a moron he actually is !!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

I think Frank the Leg knows this is likely the end of his time. He just had no choice. You guys are in a much better position than we are hospital wise. If the numbers given by the respective provinces are mostly accurate, Ontario has more ICU bed capacity alone than we have total bed capacity. And considering we're ~70% of your population.....

I might not sneak into Ontario i might move there. It's a realistic question to wonder when we will have winter sports again, could be 5+ years fairly easily. Not sure we could handle a normal flu season right now

Jeez! Yeah, I remember there was a massive shortage of doctors, dentists, nurses etc even when I lived in QC from 2015-17 and earlier, so I can only imagine how brutal it is now.

Ontario will be fine once the leadership is booted out, but I’ll probably be making a move to the Maritimes for family reasons.

Crazy times…insane we’re still dealing with this after 2yrs and hasn’t gotten any better! 

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

8 minutes ago, Highlander 24 said:

Yes Dougie knows he’s barely hanging on and his ding dong daughter isn’t helping him😵💫It has been nice that he no longer makes his daily updates to show off what a moron he actually is !!

Yeah, the Fat Boy can’t get ejected from his booster seat fast enough!! Can’t wait to never see his face on a TV screen ever again!! 🚀🚀🚀

• Haha 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

4 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Yeah, the Fat Boy can’t get ejected from his booster seat fast enough!! Can’t wait to never see his face on a TV screen ever again!! 🚀🚀🚀

He'll have lots of time to pile in a car with 4 of his buddies and have a few pops on the way to the golf course! LOL remember that?

(seamless transition back to golf!)

• Haha 3

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

8 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

He'll have lots of time to pile in a car with 4 of his buddies and have a few pops on the way to the golf course! LOL remember that?

(seamless transition back to golf!)

Oh, how could we ever forget, Lol!!

Dougie’s lucky he made it out of that one in one piece…dude is a complete buffoon!! 🤡🤡🤡

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

5 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

it's still fairly straightforward to get out of Canada (provided the fight isn't cancelled), but getting back in is a bit of a pain especially now with how contagious the "cron is. If you test positive you can't come back for 7-10 days. I was supposed to go to CES this week but even my company was like "yeah maybe stay home". I don't think they wanted to pay me to stay in the Mirage for a month LOL

Gonna be a rough couple of months here. Not that we're getting Omicron any worse than anywhere else we just probably have the least amount of hospital staff per capita in the Americas.

We went to NS for Xmas and have to isolate for 5 days and test each day upon return to Labrador. That was put in place before Omicron hit. Prior to last week there were well less than 10 total cases since the start of the pandemic in our health region. In the last 10 days there have been 235 positive cases in a population of 37k.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Most people around here that catch anything just stay home and get over it. I'd never go to the hospital for this crap. People die there. 

Edited by braincramp52
  • Like 3

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

2 hours ago, braincramp52 said:

Most people around here that catch anything just stay home and get over it. If never go to the hospital for this crap. People die there. 

People are starting to learn those facts here in SC

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

3 hours ago, braincramp52 said:

Most people around here that catch anything just stay home and get over it. If never go to the hospital for this crap. People die there. 

President of my local men's club is alive today because he went to the hospital.

As is my son.

• Like 3

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

14 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

President of my local men's club is alive today because he went to the hospital.

As is my son.

That's awesome! Luckily you have better hospitals then we do. If you go to the hospital around here they usually end up shipping you to Madison Wi if you get too bad.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Hey guys, were all friends here and part of this is my fault so I apologize for bringing it up

But let's steer this baby back to either dogs or SGI/Blades/goo filled cavities

I'll get some testing done this winter some way, some how!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Well, I went to get fitted for some PXG irons this morning.  I’ve been playing mostly blades for the past 15 years, with an occasional fling with a Ping G Series iron or player CB. Currently playing MP20s and was really expecting to land in some 0211 STs or 0311Ts. 

I didn’t bring my best with me to the fitting, so none of the options were really jumping out. That said, I was getting some good numbers with the 0311P with the stock elevate Tour.

Out of curiosity, I asked to hit the 0211DC heads, which were not even on my fitter’s radar. My distance jumped up, as expected, but more significantly my dispersion get very tight. The fitter got a little excited by the numbers we were getting from such an unexpected candidate. He threw a Steelfiber 114FC stiff in the 7 iron head and I immediately turned into iron Byron!  I hit about 10 straight shots dead at the flag (and over it). Everything was effortless. I have a set (4-G) on order and will be anxious to get them out. I’m going 18* on the 4 iron and 46* on the gap, which effectively gives me a 2-p set up. Should be interesting. 

im posting this to say that I’m going the opposite direction - almost like going back to Jeff’s original experiment with the GIs. These DCs seem to be very similar in profile and performance to the G series, which is to say they are the opposite of the MP20s I’m currently playing (and with graphite!!!!). 

I’m curious to see if there’s any improvement in my game. Based on today’s results, it’s hard to imagine that my iron play would not improve. The data with the DCs was demonstrably better than with the other options (including my gamers). I’ll keep you posted. 

• Like 2

On 12/31/2021 at 9:22 AM, Lasorcier said:

Daily use and not a single regret.  Did some golfin and snowblower maintenance to cap the evening.

I have top tracer for $35/hour less than a mile away.  Have only been there once since getting this operational.  This was about $3500 add-in and will pay for itself in one winter.

IMG_20211231_0813553.jpg.1344012ee9cdee6a0fa9eff0f872f338.jpgIMG_20211231_0812109.jpg.fa15115ef7adcf1c42f2d8a139643c8b.jpg

As long as we are off topic anyway… what’s the bike in the background?

1 hour ago, MtlJeff said:

It's hard when you live in these northern climes.

I'm reminded of two of my friends, who both spent significant time hitting indoors several years ago, and wound up creating slices.

Modern launch monitors should take this put of play, but I can't help but think of it when I think of hitting balls over the winter...

Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

20 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

It's hard when you live in these northern climes.

I'm reminded of two of my friends, who both spent significant time hitting indoors several years ago, and wound up creating slices.

Modern launch monitors should take this put of play, but I can't help but think of it when I think of hitting balls over the winter...

Didn't realize you were in Minnesota , was on my mobile before. You guys i always say are honorary Canadians. I firmly believe Canada should annex Minnesota and just call it part of Canada. You guys love hockey and snow and pronounce O's funny. Thats really all it takes! I love everything about Minnesota except Kirk Cousins and his inability to win big games.

Sometimes i actually prefer just hitting into a net with a trackman for launch and spin. The "screen" type apps sometimes give very weird readings. It all depends on how many sensors are working at any given time, and it's usually the case that 1-2 of them will be out. I was playing a virtual round the other day and the right-most sensor was off, so it kept giving me fades--I haven't hit a fade since aught-6, dag nabbit.

• Like 2

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

34 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

Didn't realize you were in Minnesota , was on my mobile before. You guys i always say are honorary Canadians.

I'm sure you're not alone in that thought.  LOL

We certainly have the weather aspect.  As I type, it's -10F / -23C.  Ugh.

2 hours ago, BCULAW said:

Well, I went to get fitted for some PXG irons this morning.  I’ve been playing mostly blades for the past 15 years, with an occasional fling with a Ping G Series iron or player CB. Currently playing MP20s and was really expecting to land in some 0211 STs or 0311Ts. 

I didn’t bring my best with me to the fitting, so none of the options were really jumping out. That said, I was getting some good numbers with the 0311P with the stock elevate Tour.

Out of curiosity, I asked to hit the 0211DC heads, which were not even on my fitter’s radar. My distance jumped up, as expected, but more significantly my dispersion get very tight. The fitter got a little excited by the numbers we were getting from such an unexpected candidate. He threw a Steelfiber 114FC stiff in the 7 iron head and I immediately turned into iron Byron!  I hit about 10 straight shots dead at the flag (and over it). Everything was effortless. I have a set (4-G) on order and will be anxious to get them out. I’m going 18* on the 4 iron and 46* on the gap, which effectively gives me a 2-p set up. Should be interesting. 

im posting this to say that I’m going the opposite direction - almost like going back to Jeff’s original experiment with the GIs. These DCs seem to be very similar in profile and performance to the G series, which is to say they are the opposite of the MP20s I’m currently playing (and with graphite!!!!). 

I’m curious to see if there’s any improvement in my game. Based on today’s results, it’s hard to imagine that my iron play would not improve. The data with the DCs was demonstrably better than with the other options (including my gamers). I’ll keep you posted. 

I ordered the 0211 DC 6-P with the 95 Elevate S during the sale and I am very pleased with them. No rounds just a couple range sessions, but very good overall.  Sounds like you found the right shaft for you to go with them. I just guessed right, I guess ha. 

I would quibble with the G analogy, to my eye they are much more similar in profile to the i series, which I did not have success with. But that’s irrelevant really. They feel good at impact and give solid results. That’s where the rubber meets the road.

Enjoy them!

11 hours ago, tannyhoban said:

I ordered the 0211 DC 6-P with the 95 Elevate S during the sale and I am very pleased with them. No rounds just a couple range sessions, but very good overall.  Sounds like you found the right shaft for you to go with them. I just guessed right, I guess ha. 

I would quibble with the G analogy, to my eye they are much more similar in profile to the i series, which I did not have success with. But that’s irrelevant really. They feel good at impact and give solid results. That’s where the rubber meets the road.

Enjoy them!

Interesting observation about the comparison to the I-series. Incidentally, I took out a set of i210s this morning that I picked up recently from a friend. I hit them beautifully. I likely would not have bought the PXGs if I had hit the i210s this well previously. Oh well, it’s just money, right!?!?

In all honestly, if the 0211s are like the i210s, but give me a little extra distance at the top end of the bag, I might have struck gold. I flushed a 4 iron on my last hole this morning from 191 and hit it to about 10 feet. It was perfectly struck, and I could not have put a better swing on it. The only issue is that all of the par 3s on my course play 210+ unless the pin is front. If I could comfortably reach the middle and front of those greens with an iron, it could make a significant difference in my scores. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

Hey guys, were all friends here and part of this is my fault so I apologize for bringing it up

But let's steer this baby back to either dogs or SGI/Blades/goo filled cavities

Yeah for sure, this is a site to escape the realities of day-to-day and talk Golf and equipment!

So what clubs are you preferring so far, SGI, Blades, or goo-filled cavities?

I ended the season with a ZX5/ZX7 combo set and they’re phenomenal, but tough not to buy more Irons over the Winter and I spend way too much time browsing Kijiji, Lol!

• Haha 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

40 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Yeah for sure, this is a site to escape the realities of day-to-day and talk Golf and equipment!

So what clubs are you preferring so far, SGI, Blades, or goo-filled cavities?

I ended the season with a ZX5/ZX7 combo set and they’re phenomenal, but tough not to buy more Irons over the Winter and I spend way too much time browsing Kijiji, Lol!

I have had a 4-9 set of 0211 ST's on my cart since the original sale. They were like $450 with discount. I REALLY don't need a second set of blades, but maybe I kinda do? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

• MtlJeff changed the title to MtlJeff's Blade/Players-Distance/SGI winter extravaganza (Now featuring 40% more dogs!)