Masters Ticket Scalpers

dalehead

12 hours ago, aenemated said:

Yep. Because Bruce and all the folks who work to put on the event would get the money and not some scumbag that created a false scarcity and created nothing of value. 

I don't disagree with what you are saying.  So the question then becomes, why do they misprice their tickets so badly if the scalpers can get higher prices?  There are still only so many tickets.  

27 minutes ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

No the scalpers do not provide a service. They simply have inserted themselves into the supply chain. They gather as much inventory as possible, reduce supply and then drive up the price.  The people running the show should determine what the price is, not some scalpers that have manipulated the supply chain.  Make it illegal to sell a ticket above face value.  Sure this would not eliminate back ally sales above face value, but it would put an end to the mass secondary market practice of pricing above face value such as on Stubhub, Vivid seats etc.  

I would bet the $350 Springsteen seat that sells on stubhub for $2,000 would never sell anywhere close to that price if not for the ability of Ticket Vermin to manipulate the supply chain.  Make tickets non-transferable, must be registered to the holder, like airline tickets.  Heck even demand pricing from the organizer and lets see what they sell for. Regardless at least the additional monies would be going to organizers and band.  

Thankfully airlines make it virtually impossible to transfer tickets to another, otherwise we'd have people buying up seats and then reselling them.   

It's a disgusting practice that needs to be put to an end. 

Well it's not so much airlines that make it impossible to transfer tickets, that's more FAA and security rules.  But you do bring up an interesting analogy with the airlines.  Here's an industry that has never been shy about prices being very flexible due to demand.  You also have a stratification where FC and Business class tend to "subsidize" to a certain degree the rest of the airplane.  

I think the back alley sales you talk may be coming to a quick end, unless I am missing something.  Aren't most all tickets electronic now?  Or do the special "events" still have a paper ticket for the souvenir value?  Let's also not forget now that teams/venues promoters are "accepting" of Stubhub, they are encouraging this as much as anyone.   Kind of likes the "taxes make it ok" point you made earlier. 

10 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Honest answer. ?  Yes. I’d rather see Augusta get the $ than the scalpers.   

it’s no different than Nike shoe flippers.  The bots and flippers drive the price up artificially.  Then sell all they can at the inflated price. Then sit on the rest until they are discontinued , then drive the price up more for “ rarity “.     

nothing is more off putting than opening the bst here and seeing the lottery won tickets being flipped . It’s a finger  in the face of us who never get picked. 

i don’t agree with the last part. They provide no service. There’s x number of tickets.  After they scoop up and resell , the same number exists.  If you put them all in a sack and threw them in the river , there’d be the same number of Augusta tickets on the market.  

Don't disagree with your first point.  Does that make you more or less willing to pay the price listed?  

As to your last point, so let's say every ticket goes to an individual.  You are not one of those individuals.  You still want to go.  But either under BDP5's idea, no one can sell you their ticket, or, simply, there are no scalpers, and you have no way of knowing who might be willing to sell.  How do you go about getting tickets?  For one reason or another, there will be someone who is looking to sell their tickets.  Do you go knocking on doors?

Not much different than Wall Street investment banks.  Yes there are the putrid sides to it, but if you have some money you are looking to invest, but don't have any opportunities within your circle, you either put your money into the mattress, or you use the services of the investment banks who can find investment opportunities.  You can deplore some of the practices involved, and you won't always get an argument from me on that front, but they do provide a service.  

Much like the airlines...

The worse news we could possible hear about is the masters has a process, each ticket is assigned to a name/household and only those names can redeem that at the gate. 4 Tics for a practice rounds Bob Smith, Sally smith, Tommy Smith & Stan Smith....Have all 4 IDs ready

Man would that change things.

Edited by Vespar

29 minutes ago, dcmidnight said:

Yeah Masters aside - I just disagree. I am happy to have the option to pay the StubHub price if I get shutout of a game or concert that I want to go to. Even if you remove the autobot-scalpers from the equation, there's always going to be small clubs that sell out or games that sell out that I still want to go to. If I want to pay 10x the face value to go - thats on me. I've done this for a couple of Red Sox World Series games at Fenway and dont regret it at all.

Im fine with your opinion. Truly. Some people value live events way more than me.  I just wish it didn’t effect the total price.  If you could have the scalper option without it driving up the price in total i wouldn’t care.  

example. I know a shop owner well that gets 15-20 Saturday and Sunday tickets from a major oem every year.  They always sell these on the slide.  I feel like the prices are at least doubled because of the stub hub point of reference.  Meaning , I could probably buy a ticket ( I need 3) for $500 each  ( for the weekend ) or less if stub hub type deals didn’t exist.  Why ?  These need to be sold hush hush as they’re meant to be handed out .  So the market used to be limited.  But once there’s a market price to look at  , well stub hubs price becomes the standard.  Which is all well and good , except we have no data that tells us how much stub hub etc are effecting the market with fake shortages.  We don’t really know If that ticket is that hard to get or not. Because stub hub bought them all.  

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

2 minutes ago, Vespar said:

The worse news we could possible hear about is the masters has a process, each ticket is assigned to a name/household and only those names can redeem that at the gate. 4 Tics for a practice rounds Bob Smith, Sally smith, Tommy Smith & Stan Smith....Have all 4 IDs ready

I’d love to hear that.  Much less people would enter the lottery.  Your chance of winning goes up.  And , likely they could make sure yo I don’t win several years in a row. Like some have done here. 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

13 minutes ago, golfortennis said:

Don't disagree with your first point.  Does that make you more or less willing to pay the price listed?  

As to your last point, so let's say every ticket goes to an individual.  You are not one of those individuals.  You still want to go.  But either under BDP5's idea, no one can sell you their ticket, or, simply, there are no scalpers, and you have no way of knowing who might be willing to sell.  How do you go about getting tickets?  For one reason or another, there will be someone who is looking to sell their tickets.  Do you go knocking on doors?

Not much different than Wall Street investment banks.  Yes there are the putrid sides to it, but if you have some money you are looking to invest, but don't have any opportunities within your circle, you either put your money into the mattress, or you use the services of the investment banks who can find investment opportunities.  You can deplore some of the practices involved, and you won't always get an argument from me on that front, but they do provide a service.  

It’s no different than where I am now. No ticket . Not going.  But my chances of getting a ticket minus selling a car or kidney to buy them goes up. 

Edited by bladehunter

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

10 minutes ago, golfortennis said:

Well it's not so much airlines that make it impossible to transfer tickets, that's more FAA and security rules.  But you do bring up an interesting analogy with the airlines.  Here's an industry that has never been shy about prices being very flexible due to demand.  You also have a stratification where FC and Business class tend to "subsidize" to a certain degree the rest of the airplane.  

I think the back alley sales you talk may be coming to a quick end, unless I am missing something.  Aren't most all tickets electronic now?  Or do the special "events" still have a paper ticket for the souvenir value?  Let's also not forget now that teams/venues promoters are "accepting" of Stubhub, they are encouraging this as much as anyone.   Kind of likes the "taxes make it ok" point you made earlier. 

might have been too rash when I said places like Stubhub don't provide a service.  There is nothing wrong with selling a ticket you no longer need on SH if you can't use it. Yeah I get it, we buy a ticket months in advance only to find out we can't go at some point later.  The ability to recoup some of the loss by selling on SH is a great service. What needs to end is the allowance of selling in that secondary market at prices far exceeding face value.  This activity is artificially reducing supply and driving up prices. If you remove the profit motive they go away.  

Yeah I think everything is electronic now that I've seen--- but all you need is the code to transfer the ticket to someone. While it won't eliminate the practice completely, it will eliminate it on the largest secondary channels like SH. 

10 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

It’s no different than where I am now. No ticket . Not going.  But my chances of getting a ticket minus selling a car or kidney to buy them goes up. 

I'm not so sure about that.  If John down the street is the only person you hear of with a ticket to sell, and you're one of ten people who have indicated you would like to buy it, what happens there?  At least with a scalper you would have other sellers to hold against John to keep him from jacking his price.

15 minutes ago, Vespar said:

That would be great and put an end to this illegitimate, verminous business practice. 

14 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Which is all well and good , except we have no data that tells us how much stub hub etc are effecting the market with fake shortages.  We don’t really know If that ticket is that hard to get or not. Because stub hub bought them all.  

And see this is honestly, truly where you lose me and stray into tinfoil hat territory.

Someone smarter than me did the math a few years ago and estimated your odds of practice round tickets were probably between 1 in 40 and 1 in 60. And again its all a guess because we have no idea how many applications they process or how many tickets are given out. But the point was the same, just because you personally havent won doesnt mean there's a Dr Evil sitting in his lair somewhere with a secret stash of practice round tickets.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

2 minutes ago, golfortennis said:

I'm not so sure about that.  If John down the street is the only person you hear of with a ticket to sell, and you're one of ten people who have indicated you would like to buy it, what happens there?  At least with a scalper you would have other sellers to hold against John to keep him from jacking his price.

Then it goes back to who has treated john  better in the past.  Good neighbors usually get more rewards .    Todays world seems to be all about crossing out the hookup wherever we can.  We want everyone to be on an even plane.  Truth is , humans have always shown preferential treatment to those who have shown them kindness etc. 

the buddy I mentioned who gets the tickets. He always calls me and offers. But I keep telling him I won’t pay that price .  This year I told him I couldn’t pay that price.  Which was the truth. 7% loss on all things of value plus the market , plus loss of revenue.  Lol. Yay $3k for tickets. Nope.  Not this guy.  

i did however pester him for an invite to play Augusta in the fall when he gets his invite for a 4 some.  Which I’ve also done before. Let’s see if he remembers me this time.  Not holding my breathe.  But I’m also not the guy who will mention it more than once.  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

2 minutes ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

might have been too rash when I said places like Stubhub don't provide a service.  There is nothing wrong with selling a ticket you no longer need on SH if you can't use it. Yeah I get it, we buy a ticket months in advance only to find out we can't go at some point later.  The ability to recoup some of the loss by selling on SH is a great service. What needs to end is the allowance of selling in that secondary market at prices far exceeding face value.  This activity is artificially reducing supply and driving up prices. If you remove the profit motive they go away.  

Yeah I think everything is electronic now that I've seen--- but all you need is the code to transfer the ticket to someone. While it won't eliminate the practice completely, it will eliminate it on the largest secondary channels like SH. 

So why don't people just not buy the tickets from them?  A few major losses and the market corrects itself quickly.

It's a bit like the gas gougers.  They are demonized, but if the market were allowed to work the way it should, they would show there is money to be made, draw in more providers, and flood the market with product and bring the price down.  Maybe the answer, although in some cases it's quite difficult to do, is have more events.  

Again, I'm not sympathetic to the guys who can get in right away and grab everything and then lord it over you, but I do think they are exposing inefficiencies/mispricing.  If Springsteen was pricing his tickets at say $1,500, then the profit motive likely goes away because, while you may have a few people willing to pay $2k, likely not enough to make it worthwhile to drop $1,500 per and risk having inventory on hand.

3 minutes ago, dcmidnight said:

And see this is honestly, truly where you lose me and stray into tinfoil hat territory.

Someone smarter than me did the math a few years ago and estimated your odds of practice round tickets were probably between 1 in 40 and 1 in 60. And again its all a guess because we have no idea how many applications they process or how many tickets are given out. But the point was the same, just because you personally havent won doesnt mean there's a Dr Evil sitting in his lair somewhere with a secret stash of practice round tickets.

You’re cross pollinating points. The price has nothing to do with the lottery. 

i gripe about not winning the lottery.  Sure. 

but the high prices are due to stub hub buying all the secondary tickets it can , then hoarding  them.  They set the piece then and don’t drop the price  in any meaningful way.  If it were individuals selling tickets one at a time ,there’s be no point of reference for the high price.  Sure. Upcharge. But not from $50 to $3k or more.       Think about it as not tickets.  If I buy all the gas in town.  Guess what. I can set the price.  Or sit on it until the demand grows more and more real daily.  And the people raise the price or expectation of price themselves.  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

2 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Then it goes back to who has treated john  better in the past.  Good neighbors usually get more rewards .    Todays world seems to be all about crossing out the hookup wherever we can.  We want everyone to be on an even plane.  Truth is , humans have always shown preferential treatment to those who have shown them kindness etc. 

the buddy I mentioned who gets the tickets. He always calls me and offers. But I keep telling him I won’t pay that price .  This year I told him I couldn’t pay that price.  Which was the truth. 7% loss on all things of value plus the market , plus loss of revenue.  Lol. Yay $3k for tickets. Nope.  Not this guy.  

i did however pester him for an invite to play Augusta in the fall when he gets his invite for a 4 some.  Which I’ve also done before. Let’s see if he remembers me this time.  Not holding my breathe.  But I’m also not the guy who will mention it more than once.  

But that only lasts to a point.  If John paid $350 for his ticket, and you are offering him $500, your better treatment of John might get you the tickets if the best offer is $600.  But at $2k, I highly doubt it.  While it may be an irrational offer, the rational market sells that ticket for $2k.  

Your refusing to pay the price is also a rational decision.  It is the one that keeps something of a lid on things.  It's also why I'm saying you want to have access to more sellers, because it increases your odds of finding a price more to your liking.

And if we are going on moral judgments, isn't what your guy doing even worse than the scalpers?  At least the scalpers paid something for their tickets.  This guy is cashing in on gifts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

I honestly think it has way more to do with the population density of the North East thus driving more lottery participants.

Kinda the same way I used to think to myself "why does it seem the state money lottery winners are always from the greater NYC area?" Because they have way more people and sell way more tickets there than the rest of the NY state.  

No the scalpers do not provide a service. They simply have inserted themselves into the supply chain. They gather as much inventory as possible, reduce supply and then drive up the price.  The people running the show should determine what the price is, not some scalpers that have manipulated the supply chain.  Make it illegal to sell a ticket above face value.  Sure this would not eliminate back ally sales above face value, but it would put an end to the mass secondary market practice of pricing above face value such as on Stubhub, Vivid seats etc.  

I would bet the $350 Springsteen seat that sells on stubhub for $2,000 would never sell anywhere close to that price if not for the ability of Ticket Vermin to manipulate the supply chain.  Make tickets non-transferable, must be registered to the holder, like airline tickets.  Heck even demand pricing from the organizer and lets see what they sell for. Regardless at least the additional monies would be going to organizers and band.  

Thankfully airlines make it virtually impossible to transfer tickets to another, otherwise we'd have people buying up seats and then reselling them.   

It's a disgusting practice that needs to be put to an end. 

Lot's of bands, Springsteen included, don't want to charge $2000/seat because they know many of their fans will get shut out (economically speaking) and the vibe of the show will be terrible...having the first 20 rows populated by a bunch of expense account, world weary wall streeters who only know three songs is a surefire way to kill a live concert.  Also, many don't care.  They just want to sell out their shows.  Obviously, this doesn't apply to Springsteen on Broadway...cause he did charge $750/seat!

In England, it is illegal to scalp Premier League tickets.  Because of this, supply is virtually non-existent and prices are astronomical (with many scams too).  Clubs have ridiculous "hospitality" packages, which include a meal/drinks beforehand for 4-20 times normal ticket prices...going to Anfield will run you $500/ticket for any match.

I love Stubhub.  I've been able to dump unwanted or free tickets, and have been able to pick up tickets on the cheap.  Examples:

$1700 tickets to Oldchella for under $200...promoter was dumping tickets for second, non-sold out weekend.

$40 for Hamilton...Orchestra, 12th row, at Pantages last year.

$30 for decent tickets to The Who @ Hollywood Bowl recently...face over $100.

These opportunities wouldn't exist if people weren't willing to pay premiums as well.

Just now, golfortennis said:

And if we are going on moral judgments, isn't what your guy doing even worse than the scalpers?  At least the scalpers paid something for their tickets.  This guy is cashing in on gifts.

Beat me to it. We're passing moral judgement on a supply/demand market provider - but your buddy is selling free tickets out the back door LOL

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

1 minute ago, golfortennis said:

But that only lasts to a point.  If John paid $350 for his ticket, and you are offering him $500, your better treatment of John might get you the tickets if the best offer is $600.  But at $2k, I highly doubt it.  While it may be an irrational offer, the rational market sells that ticket for $2k.  

Your refusing to pay the price is also a rational decision.  It is the one that keeps something of a lid on things.  It's also why I'm saying you want to have access to more sellers, because it increases your odds of finding a price more to your liking.

By that’s the point. Minus stub hub. There’s no $2k price point of reference.  Nobody will offer this.  Humans pay based on a perception of value. If he’s asking $500. And that’s the only point of reference. The perception of value is between $400 and $600 guaranteed.  

i sell collector cars and build them for a living.  I get more for most peoples cars on consignment because I ask for more.  If you want $50k.  Don’t ask $59k. Ask $75k…. It’s just how the mind works.    Which is why they pay $3k for these tickets. They think there’s thousands wanting them for $3k.  There’s really not as many unique buyers  as you think.  Most are repeat buyers . if you count them as 1.   The attendance goes way down over the years.   So if the one car buyer over pays on every car he buys , does that make the cars worth more ?  No.  Just means you see him coming and ask more.  That’s what I see happening here. They see enough of them coming back again and again , and ask more.  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

9 minutes ago, dcmidnight said:

Beat me to it. We're passing moral judgement on a supply/demand market provider - but your buddy is selling free tickets out the back door LOL

I don’t see it as the same.  One guy is getting them handed to him for being a top seller of equipment.  I wish he gave them out , but I get selling them . Like a kickback.  Or bonus.   The others are actively entering a lottery where they know they aren’t attending , and know they’re going to punch out someone who wants to go.  One is fruit of work. The other is lying on an application , and knocking another guy out who wants to go.  

Edited by bladehunter

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Just now, bladehunter said:

I don’t see it as the same.  One guy is getting them handed to him for being a top seller of equipment.  I wish he gave them out , but I get selling them .  The others are actively entering a lottery where they know they aren’t attending , and know they’re going to punch out someone who wants to go.  One is fruit of work. The other is lying on an application , and knocking another guy out who wants to go.  

Your buddy isnt "helping the market" because he "sells a lot of equipment.". He's making a stone cold, 100% profit off the top. He's accepting tickets to an event he knows he has no intention of attending - or certainly more than he can personally use - and he's punching out someone who really wants to go...that the OEM could otherwise give the ticket to.

This is truly a very ridiculous distinction that you are trying to draw. In his case its OK to make thousands off the top because why...because he works hard?

• Like 1

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

6 minutes ago, dcmidnight said:

Your buddy isnt "helping the market" because he "sells a lot of equipment.". He's making a stone cold, 100% profit off the top. He's accepting tickets to an event he knows he has no intention of attending - or certainly more than he can personally use - and he's punching out someone who really wants to go...that the OEM could otherwise give the ticket to.

This is truly a very ridiculous distinction that you are trying to draw. In his case its OK to make thousands off the top because why...because he works hard?

Yes.  In short. Yes. Hard work should pay.  Purchase bots should not.  

The oems intention in handing him 20 tickets isn’t for him to go 20x.  It’s for 19 of his buddies to go too.  The fact that they’ll pay 1/4  stubhubs price means that’s probably what they’re worth.  Keep in mind. He’s not fencing on the BST here.  And he could.  For 3x more money.  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Right.

Do you think the OEM gives him the tickets so that he can reward his best clients. Or do you think they give him tickets so he can make $20,000 straight cash profit on the side? 

Sorry but this is an absurd argument. I work hard. If I applied for a ticket and sold my ticket for $1,000 profit, to you thats bad. But your buddy gets a whole fistfull of free tickets and sells them for $1,000 profit - and thats OK because...he works hard.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

46 minutes ago, golfortennis said:

I don't disagree with what you are saying.  So the question then becomes, why do they misprice their tickets so badly if the scalpers can get higher prices?  There are still only so many tickets.  

Speaking as a musician in a former life - while I was never in an act that would have gotten the attention of scalpers, I have many friends who are/were. And the simple answer is they wanted to make their shows more accessible to their fans. 

I remember back in ... 2015 it might have been, NIN and Soundgarden played the Hollywood Bowl. I'd never seen either of them despite them being two of my favorite bands of all time (and, ya know, Mr. Reznor is my most rad namesake). Of course it was "sold out" within minutes so I wound up paying something like $800 for not-great seats for myself and the former ms. aenemated. Glad I did because Chris Cornell snuffed it a couple years later. Regardless, 1/4 of the seats were empty. So yeah; everyone got paid including the scalping wastes of life ... the only people losing out are the one who actually wanted to go to the show but couldn't afford to. 

All you gotta do is buy up 10 tickets for $100 each then sell 5 for $300 and you've made back your investment and a 50% profit. Yay, congrats jerk, you also priced out half the people that actually wanted to go. This is why they stand around outside the venue trying to get rid of what's left often for face value ... they've already made their money, they're just trying to scrabble together a bit more. And get met with a hearty "Get F'ed" from me when I've run into them. 

I grew up in a solidly middle class household. We weren't RICH but we were comfortable to where I never had to worry about anything. But there's zero chance my dad would have paid several thousand dollars to take me to the Masters. (Hell, I do very well for myself and *I* wouldn't pay a couple grand on tickets to take myself to the Masters - and no one's ever accused me of being frugal) In interest of "growing the game," wouldn't it be better for the 10 year old kid who loves golf to go instead of the same rich *****s that can afford to go every single year? 

If AGNC wants to raise the prices 5x - ya know, fine. Obviously the market will support it so if that means Fred Ridley can get a bigger yacht ... enjoy, buddy! If the face value is more than I wanna pay, then I just won't pay it. It's when they're artificially 5x as much thanks to these scumbags operating in bad faith - that's what pisses me off. 

My stance has nothing to do with business or economics and everything to do with ethics; which is quickly becoming a lost art anymore. If *I* were control of it all; every ticket sold for everything would be non-transferrable but fully refundable for any reason - and it then just goes back into the queue of availability. This would solve everything; including running these third party sellers and scalpers out of business. Then perhaps they can develop a skill beyond being a parasite. Or starve. I'm cool with either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSR3 10° Ventus Black

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

19 minutes ago, dcmidnight said:

Right.

Do you think the OEM gives him the tickets so that he can reward his best clients. Or do you think they give him tickets so he can make $20,000 straight cash profit on the side? 

Sorry but this is an absurd argument. I work hard. If I applied for a ticket and sold my ticket for $1,000 profit, to you thats bad. But your buddy gets a whole fistfull of free tickets and sells them for $1,000 profit - and thats OK because...he works hard.

Hard at what?  I work hard too. But not at selling golf clubs. 

anyway.  We disagree. No problem.  It boils down to you seeing stub hub as a resource and me seeing them as a place that drives up prices.  A little truth on both takes.  So no problem. 

every year I get worked up over This and every year as it comes on TV I’m thankful that I’m not in Georgia with $3k tickets in my hand.   Nobody in the south will drive to Georgia for free. Much less pay to do it. Except this one week.  It’s FOMO is all. I’ll get over it once the realization hits again.  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

53 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

By that’s the point. Minus stub hub. There’s no $2k price point of reference.  Nobody will offer this.  Humans pay based on a perception of value. If he’s asking $500. And that’s the only point of reference. The perception of value is between $400 and $600 guaranteed.  

i sell collector cars and build them for a living.  I get more for most peoples cars on consignment because I ask for more.  If you want $50k.  Don’t ask $59k. Ask $75k…. It’s just how the mind works.    Which is why they pay $3k for these tickets. They think there’s thousands wanting them for $3k.  There’s really not as many unique buyers  as you think.  Most are repeat buyers . if you count them as 1.   The attendance goes way down over the years.   So if the one car buyer over pays on every car he buys , does that make the cars worth more ?  No.  Just means you see him coming and ask more.  That’s what I see happening here. They see enough of them coming back again and again , and ask more.  

Stubhub doesn’t set the prices.  Individuals do, and often the prices listed are meaningless.  I’ve tried to sell tickets at the lowest price, and have gotten no offers.  Under face value too.  

Stubhub brings market efficiency and transparency, just like car and art auctions.  

9 minutes ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

I think I'm going to rent a fleet of large flatbeds and my family will go buy up all the plywood at Home Depot and Lowes before the next big Hurricane. I can sell it at a premium price.... nothing wrong with that 😞   

A sporting event doesn't equate to a natural disaster that may take someones life. But okay. 

Just now, 2bGood said:

A sporting event doesn't equate to a natural disaster that may take someones life. But okay. 

I agree. But morality aside,  if you look at it from purely from a process standpoint the outcome is the same.  Insert yourself into the supply chain (as a non-value add entity), manipulate the supply chain to increase product shortage,  drive the market price up and make a profit.   = Vermin.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 2bGood said:

Right but that’s also part of the point. 

this argument is a perfect example of why the labels that are put on us , are laughable when put into practice. They often show up opposites.  

why a free market is  preferable , but only tenable when folks don’t take polar advantages. Like buying up all the Plywood before a storm ( you can do this.  Just watch the weather in the Atlantic )……. Or buying up all the tickets , so that you set the price.  

take the lottery.  Augusta has to have some aim there.  We can only assume it’s to provide a low cost ticket to enough regular folks , and or locals , to do what was described in the Springsteen concert above.  To make sure it’s not full of one sect of people.    So applying , then selling , is negating this aim. No ? Even though it’s free and fair , it’s not riding with the goal of the ticket lottery.  Or is there another aim ?    

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock