Wedge sole similar to V Sole?

Bigjim1022

Curious about this, currently playing Srixon 785 irons and love them.  It’s getting time though to look at a wedge upgrade for next season.  Currently playing MD4 raws in 54/58 with the X grind sole (12° bounce).  On a whim I played RYX4’s for a bit this season in 56/60.  I got on ok with the 56 (full bounce, 10°) but the 60 was a disaster (mid bounce, 9°).  

So is there a Cleveland wedge that has a similar sole to the 785 V sole?  I was likely gonna go with another set of Cally wedges but like the Srixons so much I’m curious about other wedges.

Thanks!

Doesn’t Cleveland make a V sole wedge?  I thought their mid sole grind was a V sole.   

I switched from the Vokey V grind to the new Edel wedges with a V grind and love them.   Highly recommend them, and the moveable weight technology in a wedge works as advertised as well… 

• Like 1

Cobra SZ 10.5 PX Hzrdus Yellow 60 

Callaway Apex UT 17* PX Hzrdus IM10 70

Sub70 699Upro 4 iron Evenflow riptide 85

Sub70 699 pro 5-AW Modus 105

Edel SMS 54* V Grind Modus 115

Edel SMS 58* V Grind Modus 115
Seemore m5 HT
Bridgestone B XS

1 hour ago, chamgel2 said:

Doesn’t Cleveland make a V sole wedge?  I thought their mid sole grind was a V sole.   

I switched from the Vokey V grind to the new Edel wedges with a V grind and love them.   Highly recommend them, and the moveable weight technology in a wedge works as advertised as well… 

I thought so too but my run with Cleveland’s wedges this year was at best a mess 😂

Not sure if you have tried Zipcore or Zipcore Full Face? They perform completely different from RTX4 imo.

Their new design made the wedges very stable and feel has definitely been improved. 

I previously used both SM7 and RTX4. Definitely preferred SM7 back then but RTX Zipcore vs SM8 was a complete different story. Zipcore came up on top in terms of feel and partial swing control. Full swing results were very similar between the two.

Both Zipcore and zipcore full face mid has VT sole.

• Thanks 1

Driver - Titleist TS3 9.5* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6x

3 wood - Titleist TS2 15* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7x

5wood - Titleist TS2 18* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-8x

Irons - Srixon ZX7 4, Srixon Z Forged 5- PW w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Gap Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore 52* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Sand Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Lob Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore Full Face 64* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Putter - Bettinardi DASS Diamond Face BB8 w/ Stability Tour Black

Ball - Srixon Z Star

3 hours ago, chamgel2 said:

Did you get fit for the edel wedges? Or how did you know which grind to pick? 

The edel wedges are very attractive to me. 

Z785 V-sole has 19 degrees of bounce so the closest you'll really get is taking something like a Cleveland Full grind/Vokey F grind and giving it some trailing edge relief. 

• Like 1

Srixon ZX5 10.5° - Diamana TB 6TX

Ping G410 17.5° - Atmos TS Red 7S

Srixon Z 785 3-6 / Z-Forged 7-PW - PX LZ 6.0

Cleveland RTX 4 50° Mid, 54° Mid, 60° Low - S400 TI

Vokey SM8 60° T Grind - KBS Wedge (course dependant)

Gamer Putters Son of a GOAT - 326g, 34", KBS CT Tour

Srixon Z-Star Diamond

4 hours ago, Bigjim1022 said:

Curious about this, currently playing Srixon 785 irons and love them.  It’s getting time though to look at a wedge upgrade for next season.  Currently playing MD4 raws in 54/58 with the X grind sole (12° bounce).  On a whim I played RYX4’s for a bit this season in 56/60.  I got on ok with the 56 (full bounce, 10°) but the 60 was a disaster (mid bounce, 9°).  

So is there a Cleveland wedge that has a similar sole to the 785 V sole?  I was likely gonna go with another set of Cally wedges but like the Srixons so much I’m curious about other wedges.

Thanks!

Try the Cleveland CBX 2 and CBX full face.  Love the Srixon V sole, have played 785s, switched to 585s this year, wedge game has never been better playing the CBX 2s and full face.

• Like 1

WITB
TaylorMade Sim 2 9 degrees, HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 60 6.0
Ping G410 LST 3W Tensei CK Orange 70 S
Ping G410 5W and 7W Stock Alta S
Srixon Z585 5-PW Modus 3 105 S
Cleveland CBX 2  52(bent strong), 54, CBX full-Face 58, all DG 115 W
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Special Select 34.5 in

Srixon Z Star XV

RTX4 mid bounce sole wedges are basically a vsole type of grind but a bit more heel relief. 

• Like 1

COBRA RADSPEED 9.0 HZRDUS RDX BLUE 6.0                                        SRIXON ZX 13.5 MIYAZAKI MIZORE 70X                                               WILSON M5 TOUR 17* ALDILA ROGUE STIFF.                                           TITLEIST U510 3 ALDILA PHENOM 100 stiff.                                       SRIXON Z FORGED 4-PW CATALYST 100 6.5                                         SRIXON ZX7 A WEDGE 50* CATALYST 100 6.0                                        CALLAWAY JAWS FULL 54* MMT 125 Stiff.                                        CALLAWAY JAWS FULL 58* MMT 125 Stiff.                                         NATIONAL CUSTOM NICOLL BLADE SNELL MTB-X

1 hour ago, Viper4225 said:

Did you get fit for the edel wedges? Or how did you know which grind to pick? 

The edel wedges are very attractive to me. 

I did not.. I switched to a Vokey V grind a few years back when I started working with Dan  Carraher, but I sold it after an injury that forced me to take some time off and couldn’t find one in good shape when I returned… long story short I won’t the Edel giveaway here so went with their V grind in a 58* and liked it so much I ordered a 54* to match..

• Like 1

Cobra SZ 10.5 PX Hzrdus Yellow 60 

Callaway Apex UT 17* PX Hzrdus IM10 70

Sub70 699Upro 4 iron Evenflow riptide 85

Sub70 699 pro 5-AW Modus 105

Edel SMS 54* V Grind Modus 115

Edel SMS 58* V Grind Modus 115
Seemore m5 HT
Bridgestone B XS

CBX2 wedges have V sole

PING G425 LST 9* - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X

Srixon ZX 15* - Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 7X

Callaway UW 19* - LA Golf Trono 75X

PING G410 22* - Tensei CK Pro White 90X

Srixon ZX5 5-PW - Nippon Modus3 Tour 105X

Cleveland CBX2 50* - DG 115 Wedge

Cleveland CBX2 54* - DG 115 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw X Grind 60* - DG 115 Wedge

Odyssey White Hot OG #7S

4 hours ago, Mike_C said:

Try the Cleveland CBX 2 and CBX full face.  Love the Srixon V sole, have played 785s, switched to 585s this year, wedge game has never been better playing the CBX 2s and full face.

Cbx 2 and cbx full face have the v sole? I play a zx combo set and love the v sole as well.

Mavrik 10.5 Attas Coool 6s

Mavrik SZ 4 wood ProForce V2 7F4

Mavrik pro 3 hyb ProForce V2 8F4

Srixon ZX4,5&7  5-PW C Taper lite 110

MD5 52 & 58

SC X6