Jump to content

Buyer Scam? Caerus` Transaction gone bad


avidgolfer23
 Share

Recommended Posts

I had a set of irons that I sold to Caerus’ who is in Canada. I haven’t shipped to Canada in years, so I went on his feedback regarding shipping rates. 
 

He said the last set of irons sent to him was $38.  So, I told him I would take $35 upfront for shipping and then upon shipment he would pay any difference. 
 

The total cost was $72.05!  Which I paid at usps, sent him a receipt this past Friday and he has been on the forum and responded to my emails saying he’ll make up the difference, but that was 4, going on 5 days with no payment. 
 

I don’t know why buyers would do this, but I just wanted to let good faith sellers know that some buyers don’t follow through on their end. It’s unfortunate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

$72 seems excessive.  If I was the seller I'd have made sure buyer was OK with the extra cost before shipping the package.  Of course, no excuse for the buyer taking this long to send the funds since you had an agreement.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 PNT 19*

Maltby DBM Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, brew4eagle said:

$72 seems excessive.  If I was the seller I'd have made sure buyer was OK with the extra cost before shipping the package.  Of course, no excuse for the buyer taking this long to send the funds since you had an agreement.

I thought it was pricey too but it was the cheapest usps offered that was under 2 weeks delivery. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, dhacker56 said:

You can always go on usps.com and armed with your zip code and his postal code you can get the total cost for shipping and insurance. BEFORE you agree on a price. 

Or I’d like to think that the people are honest people on the forum and would just follow-through on the agreement….golf is a game of honor. Call your own penalty. It really makes me question golfer’s integrity.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, dhacker56 said:

You can always go on usps.com and armed with your zip code and his postal code you can get the total cost for shipping and insurance. BEFORE you agree on a price. 

Sure would make things easier for both parties. 

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 PNT 19*

Maltby DBM Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with what others have said. Shipping rates to canada are no joke so I always price it out on the usps website. So easy for them to change their mind on that. Pretty crazy how the buyer is acting like nothing was agreed upon

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5*  TP7HD 

Adams 18* 

Mizuno 921 Hotmetal 4-Gw Steelfiber 110S

Mizuno T7 54/58 KBS 

Cleveland Frontline Elevado
Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, llewol007 said:

I agree with what others have said. Shipping rates to canada are no joke so I always price it out on the usps website. So easy for them to change their mind on that. Pretty crazy how the buyer is acting like nothing was agreed upon

The buyer has said multiple times he would take care of it…I have yet to see it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Although I agree that the buyer should pay you the extra money since you all had an "agreement", you definitely should have confirmed the total price with him BEFORE you shipped the item. 99% of the buyers/sellers on here are good, honest people, but at the end of the day we are all just strangers on the internet to each other so trusting that someone will do the right thing can be a costly mistake. 

 

If you have a plumber come to your house to fix some leaky pipes and he gives you an estimate of $800, I imagine you would be pretty sour if he then came to you after the work was done and said you actually owe him $1600 and demanded you pay him immediately... 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheap and easy.......

https://www.parcelmonkey.com/account

 

  • Like 2

CALLAWAY Customs (Black w/Silver) "The FREAK" Mavrik Sub Zero Driver, 9* (10*), Accra TZ6/M5 72g X

CALLAWAY Apex UW 17* LAGolf Tour Issue Prototype Trono 75x

PXG GEN4 0311ST, Xtreme Dark, 4 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout

PXG GEN4 0311T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout

PXG GEN4 0311XP/GEN0311P, Xtreme Dark, 5 - 9, CT Lite/Std LE Black X, PW, GW, PX 6.5 Blackout 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 56*/10, 60*/7, PX 6.5 Blackout //  CALLAWAY JAWS MD5 Custom Wedges, 54*(55*)/10S, 60*/08C; PX LS 6.5....TOULON GARAGE Austin Custom Rose Gold // SCOTTY CAMERON Santa Fe T3 Custom Antique Copper  .... STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550// Cobalt Q6 Slope

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, avidgolfer23 said:

I had a set of irons that I sold to Caerus’ who is in Canada. I haven’t shipped to Canada in years, so I went on his feedback regarding shipping rates. 
 

He said the last set of irons sent to him was $38.  So, I told him I would take $35 upfront for shipping and then upon shipment he would pay any difference. 
 

The total cost was $72.05!  Which I paid at usps, sent him a receipt this past Friday and he has been on the forum and responded to my emails saying he’ll make up the difference, but that was 4, going on 5 days with no payment. 
 

I don’t know why buyers would do this, but I just wanted to let good faith sellers know that some buyers don’t follow through on their end. It’s unfortunate. 

I'm sorry this happened to you, and that's a crappy way for him to do business. But it's really simple and easy to get a cost estimate online, and as a seller that's your responsibility.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, aiyyer said:

I sold a set of irons a couple of weeks to Caerus with no issues.

Quoted him the price difference in shipping and got paid. It’s a pain to have to fill out the customs info though.

Glad to hear you’re went well. He’s gone AWOL regarding the difference in payment to me. Completely agree though the customs paperwork is a pain. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m in Canada. The best thing to do is price out shipping costs before agreeing on a final price. If I want to purchase something from a USA buyer, I ask to pay the difference of what it would have cost the buyer to ship within the USA. If a USA buyer wants to purchase from me, vice versa. Or I have the additional cost built into my price for USA buyers. And be patient. USA customs and Canada customs move parcels slowly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks


×
×
  • Create New...