Finally Played with the Man, the Myth, the Legend

cardoustie

Sounds like a fun time! Every time i've met a WRXer in person it's been a lot of fun

Are you in a race against time to get back to Canada before operation shut down border forever?

I was in Illinois and Wisconsin all week checking the news LOL

• Like 1

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I would love to tag along with Big Stu for a round.

• Like 1

10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft (Stiff flex)
Titleist 990 (3-PW) with stock Dynamic Gold in S300
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts (Regular Flex)
2011 Adams Tom Watson signature wedges in 52 and 56 degrees with stock steel shafts (Player's Grind)
Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Man I tell you guys it was a blast--- Good to see someone for a change that can actually hit a golf ball. Oh the Penna thing was going to happen anyhow. LOL just had dug it out and put in my car when you called hoping you could play. My Mac 11 iron arrived yesterday while we were playing and it is pristine to be 60 years old. It is in the bag plus the 56 Mack Daddy I told you about. Looking forward to tomorrow. 

HA!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cgasucks said:

I would love to tag along with Big Stu for a round.

Heck yeah ---- And besides we are part of the V-Steel Brotherhood too

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

3 hours ago, aenemated said:

Growing up in the woods of NC; Myrtle Beach was our summer vacation destination every summer as a kid. Mom still has the condo there.

Really, that's where my love of golf started. 

15 y/o aenemated at The Legends circa 1992:

chubby.jpg.82e7b25e685b1f571aa66428614ac0e9.jpg

21 y/o aenemated at Bay Tree circa 1998 (this was when my game was at its peak ... also when my hair was at its peak haha):

golf.jpg.e086606dbefee8095866276c61bea633.jpg

Man, I wish I was still that flexible. And thin. And enough hair for my brother's ex-wife to tie up into cornrows 😂

Teeing it up with @BIG STU would be legendary. Cheers yall! 

Where did you grow up in NC at? I was in Charlotte and the folks on Step Moms side were around Pitt County.

Speaking of Bay Tree  I have the data plate off the big water tower sitting in my shop. The company I drove a truck for did the demolition on the water tower I guess about 4 years ago now. I hauled all but one load of that tower out and got the data plate. The last week it was open I played all the courses 7 days straight took vacation time. That Robbers Roost , Beachwood and Possum Trot were my courses back in the day. Sadly only Beachwood is left now. And BTW at 64 yoa I still have a head full of shoulder length hair just ask Uncle Cardy. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jj9000 said:

You guys really need to check yourselves.

1.  He's already played 72 holes with BIG STU

2.  He's already traded 3 Tony Penna divers for 3 BeCu PING wedges

3. He knew BIG STU was a wizard on the greens before BIG STU owned a putter

4. He's already heard all of BIG STU's stories...twice

Catch up, boys.

Will tell you I can send him back to Canada with more than 3 Penna persimmon drivers and still have a plethra left. This one I guarentee he can hit has a X-100 shaft. No I have never tried to hit that one even pre accident days. Now back in my 20s heck yes. Actually it hurt my back this AM putting it in the trunk of the car

5 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

Sounds like a fun time! Every time i've met a WRXer in person it's been a lot of fun

Are you in a race against time to get back to Canada before operation shut down border forever?

I was in Illinois and Wisconsin all week checking the news LOL

here for 3 days more, down to Florida for 4 days as house closes mid next week, back to Myrtle for a night or 2, then home to Toronto for 2 weeks, then back to here on Dec 30, then Florida again Jan 3

the border better not shut down, don’t want to helicopter over like last year

• Like 2

Ping G400 LST 10.6* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.5* G Design AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* G Design AD DI 6x 

Ping G425 4h 23* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping i210 6i - 7i & s55 8i - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*ES, Tour W 64* SF 125s

Scotty GoLo

The owner at the scrapyard I was working at hates long hair for some reason. When I came to work for him my hair was cut because at the Wrecker Company I co owned we dealt with 3 different Police Agencies on a daily basis. I figured since I retired to let it grow back again kinda like my finger at the establishment. I kept it cut because I did not want to hear him. I saw him the other day and asked if I forgot how to get to the barber shop?  I told him naah my barber died of covid and I was too lazy to find another one. After I got out of the Navy I did not cut it. On the minis I was known as Hippie Stu or Ponytail Stu. Hey man you could have blasted Journey. The guys from NC ( hope they are there this weekend) they have those range finders that play music and they play some good stuff. I know you have already learned this--- Everyone at Indigo does their own thing and no one objects no wonder I love that place. 

LOL me these days I mostly listen to beach and shag music--- In the summer when it is hot on Saturday before the shootout I put the sunroof back and windows down and cruise the beach and pull up to the course with beach music blasting in the rusty Benz---- And tell the guys on here how rusty that benz really is---- Part of my persona

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

The owner at the scrapyard I was working at hates long hair for some reason. When I came to work for him my hair was cut because at the Wrecker Company I co owned we dealt with 3 different Police Agencies on a daily basis. I figured since I retired to let it grow back again kinda like my finger at the establishment. I kept it cut because I did not want to hear him. I saw him the other day and asked if I forgot how to get to the barber shop?  I told him naah my barber died of covid and I was too lazy to find another one. After I got out of the Navy I did not cut it. On the minis I was known as Hippie Stu or Ponytail Stu. Hey man you could have blasted Journey. The guys from NC ( hope they are there this weekend) they have those range finders that play music and they play some good stuff. I know you have already learned this--- Everyone at Indigo does their own thing and no one objects no wonder I love that place. 

LOL me these days I mostly listen to beach and shag music--- In the summer when it is hot on Saturday before the shootout I put the sunroof back and windows down and cruise the beach and pull up to the course with beach music blasting in the rusty Benz---- And tell the guys on here how rusty that benz really is---- Part of my persona

Speaking of that genre, I spent a few nights at Fat Albert's in the north end back in the mid 1990's. Is it still there?

• Like 1

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Mitsubishi Vanquish 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

21 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Where did you grow up in NC at?

A little town called Lillington; about an hour south of Raleigh. Went to NCSU then lived in Chapel Hill for several years till moving west. 

We went to MB every summer basically as far back as I can remember. Dad bought the condo - which is more in North Myrtle - in 1990, I think. Mom still spends a good bit of time there. I had a flight to go meet her there for the first time in a LONG time last spring and had tee times at a buncha courses me and dad used to play ... but then that whole pandemic thing happened and my flight got cancelled. 

I'll get back there one of these days! 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR3 10° Ventus Black

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

2 hours ago, aenemated said:

A little town called Lillington; about an hour south of Raleigh. Went to NCSU then lived in Chapel Hill for several years till moving west. 

We went to MB every summer basically as far back as I can remember. Dad bought the condo - which is more in North Myrtle - in 1990, I think. Mom still spends a good bit of time there. I had a flight to go meet her there for the first time in a LONG time last spring and had tee times at a buncha courses me and dad used to play ... but then that whole pandemic thing happened and my flight got cancelled. 

I'll get back there one of these days! 

Know exactly where it is at. My Dad was from Raleigh and besides I am a retired truck driver and I have been everywhere

9 hours ago, rgk5 said:

Speaking of that genre, I spent a few nights at Fat Albert's in the north end back in the mid 1990's. Is it still there?

Honestly I do not know I live on the South end and since I am retired I do not get up on the North end much. Kinda typical of most who live here after 5 years or so we tend to stick to our end of the beach. In the golf end our bunch is known as the South Side Mafia and the north crowd is know as the NMB Gang. The guys that live and play in MB proper are known as the City Boys.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cardoustie said:

T1 at -10 in the scramble … my teammates were named BigStu, Bear and Stush.

Stu sank a bomb for eagle from 70 feet

70 and sunny, win win 

A731BCF6-5DDA-4C40-9448-DE6410BEEA31.jpeg

3FBB1C75-BD53-4713-B510-A9BA1FC74453.jpeg

0A484A51-99C0-4F5F-B8AD-D5D4DC3C0096.jpeg

LOL did not know you got that pic---- But we had a blast--- Stush called me a few minutes ago and said he hoped you could come back and he get to play with us again. Yep he loves to play golf on a team with me. That old fart is a blast. Bear and myself work well as a team and we have played a lot together the last couple of years. Like I told you he can putt and read those greens. Some days he putts after me and if I miss he sees my line and rolls it in. Today was opposite. But yes it was fun and we all agreed we want you back again soon! And by golly you fit in well at Indigo

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Know exactly where it is at. My Dad was from Raleigh and besides I am a retired truck driver and I have been everywhere

Then you've absolutely driven by the house I grew up in if you ever headed west of out Lillington on 421 towards Sanford. 🙂

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 4:55 PM, BIG STU said:

Honestly I do not know I live on the South end and since I am retired I do not get up on the North end much. Kinda typical of most who live here after 5 years or so we tend to stick to our end of the beach. In the golf end our bunch is known as the South Side Mafia and the north crowd is know as the NMB Gang. The guys that live and play in MB proper are known as the City Boys.

Funny story.  The first time I went to Myrtle Beach by myself, circa 1994, I was staying at the old wooden Helmsley place on the beach in the North End.  I decided to visit Fat Albert's because I knew nothing about Beach music. Sitting at the bar was a guy who was a Sherrif in southern North Carolina.  Noting my accent, he said:

"Are you a Yankee, sir?"

I replied: "Nope, I'm a Canadian. Why?"

His reply: " Excellent, because I never go north of Richmond as I don't trust those folks." 😁

We go along famously for that night and one more.  BTW, I had to tell him that in Canada and the U.K. shagging carrys an entirely different meaning. 🤣

• Haha 3

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Mitsubishi Vanquish 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

On 12/4/2021 at 5:14 PM, aenemated said:

Then you've absolutely driven by the house I grew up in if you ever headed west of out Lillington on 421 towards Sanford. 🙂

Quite sure I have as well, having lived in Sanford from 6th grade until shortly after graduating high school.

• Like 2

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

1 hour ago, Mitchell said:

Quite sure I have as well, having lived in Sanford from 6th grade until shortly after graduating high school.

Then you've probably played Carolina Lakes? 

That's the course where I pretty much built my game in the early years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aenemated said:

Then you've probably played Carolina Lakes? 

That's the course where I pretty much built my game in the early years. 

I played it a long time ago got trapped in a game with some of the boys from Norwood NC. 

On 12/4/2021 at 3:38 PM, cardoustie said:

T1 at -10 in the scramble … my teammates were named BigStu, Bear and Stush.

Stu sank a bomb for eagle from 70 feet

70 and sunny, win win 

A731BCF6-5DDA-4C40-9448-DE6410BEEA31.jpeg

3FBB1C75-BD53-4713-B510-A9BA1FC74453.jpeg

0A484A51-99C0-4F5F-B8AD-D5D4DC3C0096.jpeg

Spent about 2 hrs of my practice time today playing with that BECU wedge---- Learned to hit it out of the sand and it works good from greenside bunkers. I can hit a darn near straight up popper with the face all the way open. Actually the funky looks grow on you after a while. I usually call hybrids little funkys because they all look funky to me. So now I guess I can call it the funky wedge--- Also spent about an hour with the lead tape getting the PM 56 dialed in. I also practiced the old 11 iron some and it is a keeper too but as bad as I hate to I may have to change the original grip. I am going to try after I rest some to rough it up and clean it some. I did not play per say today but did have a 6 hr practice session. Mostly short game but did hit 2 buckets of balls. Went out about 8 am this morning and got home at 2. Had a fun session and straightened out some stuff

Edited by BIG STU
  • Like 4