Anything new with Srixon 2022

Just now, Tzoid said:

I have played the ZX7 since they launched and not I'm going to order a set of ZX5. I'm in my late 50's and have some elbow pain and could use a bit more distance and forgiveness so I'm

getting Recoil F4 shafts this time.  I'm sure the next line will be good but I'm not waiting . 

Great choice.  I did the same with the ZX5s(never played the 7's), but playing less and needed more forgiveness.

Ordered a set of XXIO X Irons.  But much love for the 5 series.  Played them since they were the 506s and all the 500's.

Just playing less so need to go with the flow.  Good luck and hit them straight!

• Like 1

So, the new line is dropping this fall?

WITB

Driver: Taylormade Qi10 LS - Ventus TR Blue 6x (44 3/4)

3 Wood: Taylormade M2 - Ventus TR Blue 7x

3 Utility: Srixon MKII - Graphite Design DI 95x

Irons: Cobra Tour 4-PW LA Golf L Series 120x

Wedges: Cobra SB 50, 54, 58 LA Golf L Series Wedge flex

Putter: Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Mini

Balls: TP5X

On 5/26/2022 at 7:12 AM, The Ultimate Hack said:

They can't improve upon the zx line.

It's impossible. 

They could make 745's again...

TSI3 9˚ AV White Raw 65X 

TSR2 15˚ Black 1K 75

Apex UW 19˚ RDX 80

T-150 4-PW - PX 6.0

RTX Zipcore Raw 48M/54M/60L 

Byron Morgan 029x PROTO-Carbon/2022 BB-1F

Pro V1X 

1 hour ago, The Ultimate Hack said:

So, the new line is dropping this fall?

It fits the pattern. ZX iron pictures started trickling in late August 2020…

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

Has to be any day now where the new name and possible pics start floating around right?

• Like 1

WITB

18 minutes ago, Puttersaurus Rex said:

Try September/October.

Isn't that when they're going to drop about?

WITB

On 6/6/2022 at 7:52 AM, Puttersaurus Rex said:

Try September/October.

^^This. Looking back on my order sheet, I didnt even order my ZX5s until 1/7 (through the website, preorders might be earlier). At any rate, you got some time.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

On 5/26/2022 at 10:23 AM, Tzoid said:

I have played the ZX7 since they launched and not I'm going to order a set of ZX5. I'm in my late 50's and have some elbow pain and could use a bit more distance and forgiveness so I'm getting Recoil F4 shafts this time.  I'm sure the next line will be good but I'm not waiting . 

You will love this combo. That was my first set of ZX7’s, getting them soon after release (I am 63, at one time had horrible elbows). I had to play around a little this winter as I got a total knee and did not play for almost 6 weeks. I went with the KBS TGI shaft in this set of ZX7’s and they are equally as good but different. The Recoil with the ZX7’s is as good as it gets in the feel department! The KBS TGI feels a little more like a SteelFiber in my opinion, maybe feeling a little tighter if that makes sense. With both, zero elbow pain and the best combo I have owned since the Z945/Recoil 110 F4 combo I use to play.

Also really liking the Diamond ball and love the buy 2 get 1 free 🙂

Edited by rxk9fan
  • Like 1

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

tbh, i wouldn't mind waiting if Srixon take design ideas from their ZXUtility and Z-Forged and tossed them into the ZX5/7 lines, maybe the ZX4 (but its close enough to ZXU). The ZX7 has been off putting to me visually which had me looking towards the ZXU instead

It would also be nice if they added a 15/16 ZX Utility (or ZForged/ZX4/ZX5/ZX7) thats the main one that I really really want Srixon to make being im using Mizuno for that missing loft.

Edited by RedPanda

On 12/7/2021 at 9:58 PM, Bdck said:

New blades coming

Yup, probably new blades and the prototype ball. Those z-forged have been around for a while

Ping G425 LST 10.5* OG Hzrdus Black 6.5 70g

Exotics EX10 Beta TI 15* Hzrdus Black 6.5 80g 

Cobra Radspeed Tour 19* Aldila NV 2KXV green 85TX

Callaway Apex MB ‘18 / Apex Pro Dot 4-P DG TI X100

Cleveland RTX ZipCore Tour Rack Raw 50F, 56F, 60 FF DGTI S400

Scotty Cameron Studio Design No. 5  35"/71*/4*

9 hours ago, jacobanderson123 said:

Another prototype ball or do you mean the diamond?

Yup, I mean diamond.... Seem to be sold out everywhere (unless they haven't had a wide release yet?)

Ping G425 LST 10.5* OG Hzrdus Black 6.5 70g

Exotics EX10 Beta TI 15* Hzrdus Black 6.5 80g 

Cobra Radspeed Tour 19* Aldila NV 2KXV green 85TX

Callaway Apex MB ‘18 / Apex Pro Dot 4-P DG TI X100

Cleveland RTX ZipCore Tour Rack Raw 50F, 56F, 60 FF DGTI S400

Scotty Cameron Studio Design No. 5  35"/71*/4*

On 6/14/2022 at 6:00 AM, rxk9fan said:

You will love this combo. That was my first set of ZX7’s, getting them soon after release (I am 63, at one time had horrible elbows). I had to play around a little this winter as I got a total knee and did not play for almost 6 weeks. I went with the KBS TGI shaft in this set of ZX7’s and they are equally as good but different. The Recoil with the ZX7’s is as good as it gets in the feel department! The KBS TGI feels a little more like a SteelFiber in my opinion, maybe feeling a little tighter if that makes sense. With both, zero elbow pain and the best combo I have owned since the Z945/Recoil 110 F4 combo I use to play.

Also really liking the Diamond ball and love the buy 2 get 1 free 🙂

rxk9fan...which weight KBS TGI did you go with.  I just picked up a set of straight ZX5 with SF 95 R and really liking them.  Good to hear you settled on a set you are liking.

5 minutes ago, sirphilliam said:

Hideki is playing the new Z-forged I think. Check out his latest WITB.

https://www.golfwrx.com/667735/hideki-matsuyama-witb-2022-january/

Pretty sure that is just the modified Z-Forged he has been playing for a while. Don't think that is coming to the public. The next version I am sure will have the heel/toe notch, but the v-grind and not his custom grind. 

• Like 1

TSI3 9˚ AV White Raw 65X 

TSR2 15˚ Black 1K 75

Apex UW 19˚ RDX 80

T-150 4-PW - PX 6.0

RTX Zipcore Raw 48M/54M/60L 

Byron Morgan 029x PROTO-Carbon/2022 BB-1F

Pro V1X 

4 minutes ago, chinaski said:

Pretty sure that is just the modified Z-Forged he has been playing for a while. Don't think that is coming to the public. The next version I am sure will have the heel/toe notch, but the v-grind and not his custom grind. 

Oh that's a relief to hear cause this design fell kind of flat for me! Not that blades really change that much from season to season. 

1 hour ago, AtlantaGolf3 said:

What are the chances ZX5 and 7 will not be updated this/next year?

I am not familiar with Srixon’s release cycles. 

Should be in the fall based on history

Titleist TSR2 Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2+ Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2 18 Speeder 757 Evo V

Mizuno Max Hybrid 22

Titleist T350 5-7

Titleist T200 8-48
Ping s159 54,60
Scotty Cameron Jet Setter NP2

On 5/15/2022 at 6:29 AM, seaside65 said:

I am in Tokyo, Japan and went to get fitted for a new set of irons yesterday.

When I asked to try the ZX7 irons to compare to the others I was hitting as part of the testing/fitting,  the fitter basically told me that Srixon here are not taking any custom orders now for the ZX7 so it wasn't worthwhile doing the comparison because he wouldn't be able to order them.

Not taking custom orders ... does that sound like a release is coming and they simply don't want to produce any more of the current line?

Quick comment on this post...

I was in Japan when the ZX line dropped.  The irons were in stores roughly 2-3 months prior to US availability in retailers and order dates.  I hit the clubs three times over the course of a week and decided to place an order but asked for Modus 105 vice Modus 120 and only 6i-PW vice 5i-PW (which is the 'standard' set offering in Japan).  The retailer called Srixon HQ and they told him, "...no custom orders at this time..."

They would have installed any shaft that they carried, bent the lie/loft, let me pick a grip, let me add clubs such as a 4i, AW or SW, etc - but, they weren't willing to sell a 'custom' set - which to them was something less than 5i - PW.  I thanked him, placed an order with DDs the first day ordering was open, and have been very happy ever since...

Bottom line - I wouldn't necessarily read 'no custom orders' as a pre-cursor to the new line.

TSi3 10

TS2 16.5 & 21

G425 22 & 26

ZX7 6i - PW

Vokey 54F-14, 58K-12

Spider X

On 6/23/2022 at 3:02 PM, jt2gt said:

rxk9fan...which weight KBS TGI did you go with.  I just picked up a set of straight ZX5 with SF 95 R and really liking them.  Good to hear you settled on a set you are liking.

Sorry to be slow. I was fortunate to be gone last week playing 117 holes on the RTJ trail in Alabama. Had a great time! I am playing the 90gm, and I would rate them very close to your great shafts. Your combo sounds VERY nice. I am sure they don’t suffer in the distance category and I would expect that combo to be very consistent with distance. Are you finding that to be true?

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

13 hours ago, sofla said:

Should be in the fall based on history

It will in fact be the Fall. Our director or Golf saw pics, wasn’t allowed to share, but said they’re the best looking iron he’s seen, and he’s a ZX7 guy, as am I, so for him to say the at they must be sweet looking. I’m excited as are many I’m sure! 

• Like 1

im looking forward to these, especially the blades. recently got a 20 and 23 degree u85 that i rotate depending on course. things are money for me especially with the project x io's. wish i tried these sooner, they are full proof clubs especially on courses with 220 par 3s

G425lst Ventus Blk 6x

AI Smoke TD 15

TM Rescue 16

MP20 HMB 4/3 Modus 120x

MP20 MB 5-P Modus 120x

T22 51S 55D T24 59V s400

Oworks 7s

On 6/29/2022 at 8:55 PM, rxk9fan said:

Sorry to be slow. I was fortunate to be gone last week playing 117 holes on the RTJ trail in Alabama. Had a great time! I am playing the 90gm, and I would rate them very close to your great shafts. Your combo sounds VERY nice. I am sure they don’t suffer in the distance category and I would expect that combo to be very consistent with distance. Are you finding that to be true?

Yes...I am really liking the Zx5 SF 95R.  Soles a bit thick compared to what I am used to but from the top they look great.  About a 1/2 to full club longer than my Z745 recoil set. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 12:44 AM, axrh87 said:

It will in fact be the Fall. Our director or Golf saw pics, wasn’t allowed to share, but said they’re the best looking iron he’s seen, and he’s a ZX7 guy, as am I, so for him to say the at they must be sweet looking. I’m excited as are many I’m sure! 

If they trim down top line a bit and either improve offset blending or reduce overall offset I think they will start to destroy the big boys 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TigerInTheWoods said:

If they trim down top line a bit and either improve offset blending or reduce overall offset I think they will start to destroy the big boys 

Sounds like i need to cancel my order. But i agree, the topline is too thick for my liking and the offset isn’t ideal. Probably will stick with my T100 till i see what Srixon does 

On 6/30/2022 at 2:57 AM, Aviador Naval said:

Quick comment on this post...

I was in Japan when the ZX line dropped.  The irons were in stores roughly 2-3 months prior to US availability in retailers and order dates.  I hit the clubs three times over the course of a week and decided to place an order but asked for Modus 105 vice Modus 120 and only 6i-PW vice 5i-PW (which is the 'standard' set offering in Japan).  The retailer called Srixon HQ and they told him, "...no custom orders at this time..."

They would have installed any shaft that they carried, bent the lie/loft, let me pick a grip, let me add clubs such as a 4i, AW or SW, etc - but, they weren't willing to sell a 'custom' set - which to them was something less than 5i - PW.  I thanked him, placed an order with DDs the first day ordering was open, and have been very happy ever since...

Bottom line - I wouldn't necessarily read 'no custom orders' as a pre-cursor to the new line.

found the news release dated April 19th from Srixon Japan stating that they would no long take any custom order on the ZX line (use Google translate if you need to).

https://sports.dunlop.co.jp/golf/notice/detail/20220418171226.html

Basically telling folks they would only sell what they have in stock.

Certainly seems to me that they wanted to run down what they had or didn't have enough parts for custom orders due to supply chain issues which could also have been the case.

Having said that, since I am still in Japan, I really hope they have their new line available earlier that other places for me to hit and decide if I want to buy! 🙂

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TigerInTheWoods said:

I think that might move them too far out of the market they’re in. Where as now the zx7 is liked by a wide variety of handicaps (more forgiving players iron and decent mid-cap iron and blendable if you need extra forgiveness). If they go the route of trimming it down, that  might alienate a lot of the mid-handicaps. And I don’t know if the smaller/mid size brand would want to lose the market share. 

The z forged, might be the route for you.  It’s definitely the most forgiving blade I’ve tried. Hopefully they refresh to align the badge visually with this line. 

• Like 2

• pga43 locked this topic