Discount Golf Company Legit?

ktyler2

Was looking for Tour Velvet BCT grips and came across this new website that not only has these grips in stock but for well less than anywhere else I’ve seen. Is this company legitimate or should I expect these to be knockoffs like those found on eBay?

https://discountgolfco.com/products/new-golf-price-tour-velvet-cord-standard-grips?_pos=1&_sid=0b75fc227&_ss=r

TM 300 Mini 11.5 AD-DI 7X

TM Sim2 Max 3HL AD-DI 7X

TM Sim2 Max 7-Wood AD-DI 8X

Ping i230 5-UW LAGP L-Series 120S

Ping Glide 3.0 52-12

Vokey SM8 58-10S

Vokey SM8 62-08M

Ping PLD Prime Tyne 4/TM Spider X Hydroblast

I wouldn’t trust it.

they don’t even call it by the correct name… they call it “Golf Price Tour Velvet”…

edit: they may be legit. I don’t want to knock a small business. But, my first impression is just that the site is not trustworthy. They need to do a better job building trust on their website (e.g. typos in the product titles is not a good look)

Edited by straightshot7
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, straightshot7 said:

I wouldn’t trust it.

they don’t even call it by the correct name… they call it “Golf Price Tour Velvet”…

I agree--- You have to watch some of those sites. This one has a legit looking grip shown but that is a no brainer you can get a stock photo from anywhere. Also dealers have a MSRP that they have to follow on retail. As my old man was fond of saying "you get what you pay for"

• Like 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

I’ve bought from them in the past. They run good specials throughout the year on Bridgestone balls. I did order some grips this year too. I was lucky they were in stock but the key with my orders was always following up via email. I believe it’s a small company and they drop shipped the balls straight from Bridgestone so they have an account in my mind. 

either way I’ve never had a bad experience using them. Only thing I recommend is making sure they have in stock because their website is not the best. 

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

Appears to be a(nother) rebranding of Western Golf Shop.

Edited by Jeff58

Driver - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 5S

FW - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 6S

Hybrid - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 7S

Irons - ZX5 / C-Taper Lite S

Wedges - SM9 50/08 56/10 60/04

Putter - Odyssey Ai-One Milled #7 T

• 2 months later...

Ultimately didn’t feel like the discount was worth the risk. But curious to see if anyone else has feedback!

TM 300 Mini 11.5 AD-DI 7X

TM Sim2 Max 3HL AD-DI 7X

TM Sim2 Max 7-Wood AD-DI 8X

Ping i230 5-UW LAGP L-Series 120S

Ping Glide 3.0 52-12

Vokey SM8 58-10S

Vokey SM8 62-08M

Ping PLD Prime Tyne 4/TM Spider X Hydroblast

2 hours ago, ktyler2 said:

Ultimately didn’t feel like the discount was worth the risk. But curious to see if anyone else has feedback!

USE paypal.  they just ruled in my favor for a bag I paid for.  NEVER got. 

After looking at the site.  NO where does it say they are GOLF PRIDE grips.

Edited by dhacker56

Yeah, I would stay away too. I ordered some midsize Z-Cords from them over a month ago, still haven't been shipped. I emailed them last week and they said they haven't gotten a shipment of them for a couple months. He said hopefully they would get some in this month. They listing explicitly said they were in stock so I'm not very hopeful at this point.

Probably going to call them Monday and have them cancel my order and figures crossed they cooperate. I did use PayPal so I should end up getting my money back.

• 2 weeks later...

This company has had several names with the same complaints, same non-deliveries, same cancel refusals, same okay I'll refund right now (they don't), same wrong deliveries, same mumbling drunk angry sounding guy for customer service giving you a sad story you'll want to commit suicide over so you will hang up on, same 1 month late deliveries, and also "Oh, I thought you would like those instead." deliveries.

When you read reviews, always read the WORST FIRST!  Still don't believe me, Google BHM Golf Complaints. It's the same owner: Brian Meyer, oh wait; it's Joe the Manager, no wait; it's Sarah Calhoun....they are all the same person. DO NOT GET BURNED BY THEM. They've run this same order scam with different names for several years. The BBB of Illinois has a big book on "Mr. Meyer" or whatever name he is going by now. 

The old saying, "You get what you pay for." is usually true. However, with them; you'll get less than that.

Read comments on his former company here: https://www.complaintsboard.com/?search=BHM+Golf

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2021 at 10:43 PM, ktyler2 said:

Was looking for Tour Velvet BCT grips and came across this new website that not only has these grips in stock but for well less than anywhere else I’ve seen. Is this company legitimate or should I expect these to be knockoffs like those found on eBay?

https://discountgolfco.com/products/new-golf-price-tour-velvet-cord-standard-grips?_pos=1&_sid=0b75fc227&_ss=r

https://www.bbb.org/us/il/villa-park/profile/online-retailer/discount-golf-company-0654-1000015053/complaints

Wow I will not order from here again. I definitely got lucky with my order being fulfilled. 

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

Made the error of purchasing from Discount Golf Company before looking up reviews / legitimacy. Basically their BBB reviews is spot on to the experience I had. 

Placed order on Feb 19th, received Mar 9th. After several back and Forths, it's "shipping" or it's "shipped", I disputed with my CC company, only to receive the package two days later. I did the right thing and contacted my card company to close the case and process the transaction. 

(See updated post below for update on whether these are authentic or not- 04/04/22)

I'm not 100% sure these are legit Winn grips- I mostly use the Winn Dritac 5DT-DG, figured I'd try the 2.0. Smell of rubber is pronounced, alignment, front to back, right after installation is off (had to make some twist adjustments to many, while I could). Packaging red looked off. The seam on backside seems more raised (inconsistent) than the 5DT-DG. 

I'm going to assume these are either authentic or good knock-offs- They're used on my back-up set anyway, so they won't get much play. Lesson here- pay the price from a reputable seller- Bell Putter on eBay has always done me right, good price, fast shipping. 

IMG_6222.jpg

IMG_6223.jpg

IMG_6221.jpg

Edited by laopadak
Updated info 040422

• 2 weeks later...

Worst company ever. Scores of bad reviews with similar issues like mine.  Ordered Jumbo grips and they sent regular grips.  When I called they said that the company doesn't make the Jumbo anymore, and that I got a good price!  After more than 10 emails and many phone calls, they promised to send me back the money. Never happened.  The manger is not only RUDE, but actually Called me back twice to do some more yelling!  I've taken this issue up with the Dep't of Justice and they are pursuing this 'shady' business.  DO NOT WORK WITH THIS COMPANY!

I recently received another shipment of the Winn Dritac 2.0 standard sized grips, from a reputable company. Still had three left over from the one's purchased from Discount Golf and had a chance to compare (to determine authenticity). Packaging color / marks matched, same pronounced rubber/chemical odor and same raised rib/seam. Based on this, I no longer believe Discount Golf is selling fake/counterfeit grips and have updated my post above. crappy company to deal with though and you'll wait forever to get your items shipped. Service is s***, you may not get exactly what you ordered but at least you'll get the best deal on the internet...lol.

Pics of Discount Golf grip on left, new grip from different company on right (individual pics are of the new grips, from reputable supplier). 

IMG_6323.jpg

IMG_6324.jpg

IMG_6325.jpg

Stay as far away from Discount Golf Company as you can. All the reviews are spot on. Lies, lies and more lies!!! Labels for shipping are made but USPS never received the package. Told it was shipped out one morning via email response from DGC only to follow up and was told they were now being shipped out of Florida, ugh.. I heard the geopolitical problems, supply chain problems, USPS problems and was waiting for my dog ate the order problem. Just reported to my cc company's fraud and dispute group to get my refund. This is the worst business I have ever dealt with! I too should have looked at reviews prior to ordering. Lesson learned on this one. 

Stay away and save yourself the headache.

• 1 month later...

This company is definitely NOT Legitimate!  I ordered Golf Pride grips from them over 5 weeks ago.  I emailed them every week asking for status and each time they say they'll ship the grips in 7-10 business days.  I finally gave up and asked for a refund and they never replied!  I ended up disputing the credit card charge that they took right away when I ordered the grips.  Terrible and frustrating experience!

I’m not buying from them but….the Tour “Velvet” never says Golf Pride anywhere in the website.  And on the picture of the grip it does not say Golf Pride either.

That said it looks like the Lamkin and Winn are likely legit.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

• 2 weeks later...

WARNING: DO NOT PLACE AN ORDER WITH THIS COMPANY!

5/2/22 – 8:48 am – Place order with Discount Golf for 16 Golf Pride Grips – total = $95.92

8:50 am – Received confirmation from “Western Golf” that they had received the order and would confirm when grips would ship.

5/4/22 – 8:45 am – Sent follow up email stating I had not received any shipping information and would like to know status.

9:47 am – Received email stating that company had received the order yesterday (5/3?) and grips would ship in 7-10 business days or sooner.

10:05 am – Sent email stating 7-10 business days will not meet my schedule. I was under the impression these grips were in stock. Please cancel my order. 

10:11 am – Received email stating that nothing is guaranteed… we have the grips.

10:11 am – Received phone call from “Joe, Discount Golf Manager” yelling at me to stop threatening them and that I don’t understand how their business works.  I told him the order is cancelled.

10:14 am – Received email stating order  is on the way with USPS tracking number  which showed a label had been “created”, nothing picked up destination is   SEATTLE WASHINGTON.

10:15 am – Received email stating that order is shipped this am don't under stand?”

10:22 am – Received email stating order is on the way with USPS tracking number which showed a label had been “created”, nothing picked up and destination is Acworth, GA.

5/9/22 – 10:02 am – Received email stating order is out for delivery, estimated delivery date 5/8.  Destination Seattle, Washington.

8:14 pm – Received email stating order  has been delivered in Seattle, Washington.

5/11/22 – 9:11 am - Received email that order  is out for delivery, estimated delivery date 5/10.  Destination Acworth, Ga.

12:47 pm – Received email that order  has been delivered.

Immediately opened package to find 8 grips, which is half the order.  

This order was cancelled in a timely manner.  I am not accepting any or part of it.  If the company wants these grips back they can send me a shipping label to return them.

The company is a sham.  Rude, unprofessional and is scamming it’s customers.  They have an “F” rating with the BBB with multiple complaints.                                                         

Add me to the list of people to get screwed by this scumbag. Tried to get some Z Grip cords in March and I knew it was too good to be true. After waiting for 3 weeks got him on the phone and he said  he was to be replenished in a few weeks. Phone call was strange and full of excuses. I waited, as they are/were backordered by many at the time. Started regularly following up and pretty much got the same show described above. Said they were in and and the way to me.... had to hound him for a tracking number, weeks later I get one but the order never ships. Been asking to cancel the order and give me a refund and he is back to blaming golf pride. Phone number he gives is "not accepting calls at this time". 

Total fraud. I have most, if not all my communication with him via email if it goes anywhere. I'm currently working with the cc company to get my money back. 

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since anyone has posted on this topic, but I thought I would share that I had a very similar experience to those above.  Ordered 3 golf gloves and they never showed up.  Contacted them a few times over several weeks and each time "Joe" said they just came in and would be sent out right away, which were accompanied by two fake shipping labels.  Then I requested a refund twice and didn't receive it.  They have an F rating from the BBB for a reason.    I can't believe they are still in business.  Don't spend your money with the company unless you are willing to lose it.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm posting in this thread only to tell people to run for the hills and don't deal with this company. I felt like I was in bizarro world today when calling about a grip order I placed over 3 weeks ago. I really don't know how to describe it. I have no clue who the guy on the phone was (I'm pretty sure it's the owner), but he is very unstable mentally. It turned in to a profane laced political rant and I finally had to just tell him to shut up and cancel my order. I honestly don't think I'll ever see a refund for my $9 grip, but I don't even care. I'd pay double that not to ever have to talk to that guy again.

I honestly am just sitting here giggling about how strange that phone call just was. I wish I had seen this thread about 3 weeks ago. 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS1 IM/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

19 minutes ago, coreyhr said:

I'm posting in this thread only to tell people to run for the hills and don't deal with this company. I felt like I was in bizarro world today when calling about a grip order I placed over 3 weeks ago. I really don't know how to describe it. I have no clue who the guy on the phone was (I'm pretty sure it's the owner), but he is very unstable mentally. It turned in to a profane laced political rant and I finally had to just tell him to shut up and cancel my order. I honestly don't think I'll ever see a refund for my $9 grip, but I don't even care. I'd pay double that not to ever have to talk to that guy again.

I honestly am just sitting here giggling about how strange that phone call just was. I wish I had seen this thread about 3 weeks ago. 

Lol!!!! He is absolutely mentally unstable 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

just call your credit card company. I got refunded a couple of months later 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I orderd a GPS from them on August 2, 2022. Called twice and they said it would be coming. Now September 20 and nothing. 

Not confident I will ever get the GPS I ordered. Would stop payment of not over a month ago.

I will not order anything from them again. Not professional, not even close.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/20/2022 at 1:34 PM, Richard Meitz said:

I orderd a GPS from them on August 2, 2022. Called twice and they said it would be coming. Now September 20 and nothing. 

Not confident I will ever get the GPS I ordered. Would stop payment of not over a month ago.

I will not order anything from them again. Not professional, not even close.

I had the same problem that you did.  Just call your credit card company (or PayPal) and they will investigate and credit your account.  My order was over two months old and they credited my account.