2022 Japanese Pros on LPGA: Ayaka, Hinako, Nasa, Yuka

HMHS

Rather than just focus on one person (eg Hinako), I've started with the 4 mentioned so there'll be more material and the thread is more "active".  (Not sure if Haru still has regular playing status).    It'll be a bit tougher to post comprehensive english translated JLPGA material but might as well try and capture it here...

To start:  Hinako's Official Site and Youtube page:

https://hinako-shibuno.jp/ 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI0kJNgCKp0nUtuyTUx_cvg

Ayaka's last round at QSeries (I don't know of any official sites for her)...

Yuka's official site:

https://yuka-saso.com/en/

Nasa's 10 things you might not know (I dont know of any Nasa official sites either) : https://www.golfmonthly.com/features/the-game/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-nasa-hataoka-240549

FWIW: JLPGA Website

https://www.lpga.or.jp/

Edited by HMHS
Changed title thread to make it less misleading

@Supermilo

2 questions:

1) Why/what is Pinacoon?

2) Why don't more Japanese emigrate to Canada or the US....compared to the Chinese or Koreans?

Japan has double the population of S. Korea.....but here in Van City there are far more Koreans than Japanese....very few Japanese people.

Heck.....I might only get paired up once a year with someone who is Japanese....getting paired up with a Korean or Chinese here is very common than getting paired up with a Caucasian.

The majority of Japanese restaurants here are owned by Chinese or Koreans.

@Supermilo

Considering how popular women's golf is in Japan.....does Shibuno have a fan club that rivals the 8000 Flying Dumbo's and the 10000 Namdalla Attack Girls?

If yes, how many fan club members and what's the name of the fan club?...The Glass Slipper Club?

So will we see Shibuno fanboys at the LPGA events holding up banners and wearing Smiling Cinderella T-shirts like they do in the above 2 fan clubs.

2 hours ago, KBong said:

The majority of Japanese restaurants here are owned by Chinese or Koreans.

True ... and we are worse for it.  Sushi in Japan is far superior to nearly anything we have here in metropolitan Vancouver.  There were a couple of more authentic Japanese restaurants owned and operated by Japanese sushi chefs, etc.    Anyway, I will stop there . . . this is a golf thread after all.

Edited by Golf Dino
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KBong said:

Hmmm.

@Supermilo are you trying to stir the pot by starting this thread.

You didn't see @Gsea 's comment yesterday.

"Really you guys need to loose your asian obsession they not that impressive."

🤣🤣

I did (See it) hence I locked it myself - besides QSeries is finished.  Will answer your questions in a while... Besides, there's no JLPGA thread yet here based on what I have seen/asked around and golf, is, well, global right?  I'll answer the other questions in a bit... Gotta do real work first LOL 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Golf Dino said:

True ... and we are worse for it.  Sushi in Japan is far superior to nearly anything we have here in metropolitan Vancouver.  There were a couple of more authentic Japanese restaurants owned and operated by Japanese sushi chefs, etc.    Anyway, I will stop there . . . this is a golf thread after all.

I realize the Japanese food we eat here (might even be FAKE Japanese food at times) in Van City PALES in comparison to the more authentic food in Japan.

FWIW.....no he wasn't working that night....took the wife to Tojo's on her Bday in the late 90's....not impressed and OVERPRICED.....I much preferred the nearby Japanese restaurant near London Drugs on Broadway for food, value and the view looking towards downtown and the North Shore mountains.

IMO...Tojo's is a tourist trap unless one is a celebrity or VIP in which the man himself, Tojo, is serving you.

Just like going to The French Laundry and a very low chance Thomas Kellar will be in the kitchen.

36 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

I did (See it) hence I locked it myself - besides QSeries is finished.  Will answer your questions in a while... Besides, there's no JLPGA thread yet here based on what I have seen/asked around and golf, is, well, global right?  I'll answer the other questions in a bit... Gotta do real work first LOL 

Ya.....get some REAL work done.

IMO...this thread title is misleading.....it s/b named:

"2022 Japanese pros on the LPGA"

and a separate thread to discuss the JLPGA.

I've kinda lost interest of the JLPGA now that Ha Heul "SKY" Kim has retired, Shibuno is gone, Bo Mee "Smile Candy" Lee is not playing well, "Sexy Queen" Sharon is not playing much and Korean SMOKESHOW Yoo is no longer on the JLPGA tour.

Yes...for those wondering Smile Candy and Sexy Queen are those pros nicknames...not ones I made up....others members here would validate this too.

I would like to see Inami and Erika Hara eventually become LPGA pros.

I have to admit....I can't differentiate the KLPGA star pros nowadays...they all are kinda the same to me....the only ones I knew were Penguin/Cyborg and Ha Na "The Hulk" Jang....I wish The Hulk and all her SHOVE IT IN YOUR FACE....prancing & dancing when she's gonna win an event.

Nelly and JYK will never become the rivalry the media wants

BUT

Dumbo vs. The Hulk has POPULARITY & DRAMA written all over it

Godzilla vs Megalon.

I think you are younger than I.....did you watch Ultraman and Prince Planet as a kid?

Does your wife have a Hello Kitty golf bag?

OK....time to go hit some golf balls...I didn't renew my annual golf pass.

You playing hooky on Thurs and going to hit the links?....13*C.

• Like 1

@KBong

a) Pinacooooon --  her name sounds like Pinako - somewhat "very cute" in Japanese... and by stretching it out with so many "o's" connotes some other "creature" that's "funny" -- essentially choosing this name to express some kind of cuteness (of her, i suppose) -- she does like Pikachu a lot anyway

b) AFAIK, there's no official Shibuno fan club that literally follows her like the KLPGA ones.  Truth be told, I'm not too familiar with the KLPGA ones save for the passing videos that you guys post from time to time.  There are many smaller "official fan clubs" that even organize events in Japan amongst themselves (I get invites from time to time  LOL), but rarely do the players attend.  As you know, the players (And Japanese in general), are very private people.   The galleries in the JLPGA are very "respectful" -- no boisterous "babababooyah" or whatever mashed potato stuff you hear here... Westerners may/will find the thousands of fans in the galleries boring, I find them extremely respectful.  

An aside, I told ya last Saturday night Hinako shoots back up to top 20 despite her shooting a 79 in round 7. So she don't need any anti jinx (at least from me) 🙂 - check out 1132pm post of last Sat in QSeries 😛 Chill 😛

Edited by HMHS
Added top 20 "reminder" for kbong who dont believe in "Cinderella"
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, KBong said:

@Supermilo

Considering how popular women's golf is in Japan.....does Shibuno have a fan club that rivals the 8000 Flying Dumbo's and the 10000 Namdalla Attack Girls?

If yes, how many fan club members and what's the name of the fan club?...The Glass Slipper Club?

So will we see Shibuno fanboys at the LPGA events holding up banners and wearing Smiling Cinderella T-shirts like they do in the above 2 fan clubs.

If there are, it wont be me there LOL.   

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, KBong said:

Ya.....get some REAL work done.

IMO...this thread title is misleading.....it s/b named:

"2022 Japanese pros on the LPGA"

and a separate thread to discuss the JLPGA.

I've kinda lost interest of the JLPGA now that Ha Heul "SKY" Kim has retired, Shibuno is gone, Bo Mee "Smile Candy" Lee is not playing well, "Sexy Queen" Sharon is not playing much and Korean SMOKESHOW Yoo is no longer on the JLPGA tour.

Yes...for those wondering Smile Candy and Sexy Queen are those pros nicknames...not ones I made up....others members here would validate this too.

I would like to see Inami and Erika Hara eventually become LPGA pros.

I have to admit....I can't differentiate the KLPGA star pros nowadays...they all are kinda the same to me....the only ones I knew were Penguin/Cyborg and Ha Na "The Hulk" Jang....I wish The Hulk and all her SHOVE IT IN YOUR FACE....prancing & dancing when she's gonna win an event.

Nelly and JYK will never become the rivalry the media wants

BUT

Dumbo vs. The Hulk has POPULARITY & DRAMA written all over it

Godzilla vs Megalon.

I think you are younger than I.....did you watch Ultraman and Prince Planet as a kid?

Does your wife have a Hello Kitty golf bag?

OK....time to go hit some golf balls...I didn't renew my annual golf pass.

You playing hooky on Thurs and going to hit the links?....13*C.

Well, I could change the title -- how do you do that though?  In addition, I intend to just add general JLPGA related items here since I don't think there's not a lot of materials solely from those 4 JLPGA/LPGA Japanese pros.  That's my initial thought.  Either way, do you know how one edits the thread title after it's been started? 

Yes, I do know Bo Mee isn't playing well... Quite a few Korean pros there not having a good year.  Davidson used to play JLPGA too but now she has her full US tour card so won't see her there for sure LOL

Maybe Inami and Hara sign up next year - I haven't heard any indication, however...

Edited by HMHS
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Supermilo said:

Well, I could change the title -- how do you do that though? 

To edit the thread's title simply edit the first post in the thread. The thread title should be editable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

• HMHS changed the title to 2022 Japanese Pros on LPGA: Ayaka, Hinako, Nasa, Yuka
12 hours ago, 18majors said:

@Supermilo

The Japanese are now experts in LPGA's Priority List; they figured Hinako will be about priority #145:

Hinako Shibuno

uUzvQ3lML_bkIqyakc1vFhNrRI0RUQxg5aFkrX0x

The more impt question is: are they accurate? (I think based on that, QSeries medalist should be #126 and Bianca #135 then?)  I know it's around the ballpark, but, since it's Japan, it has to be precise! (just like the Shinkansen that arrives on the dot!  1159 is 1159 not a second more or less! ☺︎)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Golf Dino said:

Tokyo to Osaka!   Along the periphery of Mt. Fuji 

I'm a big railfan. Riding the shinkansen is definitely on my bucket list.

• Like 2

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

4 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

I'm a big railfan. Riding the shinkansen is definitely on my bucket list.

If you've never been on a highspeed rail line, then this is a treat.  So smooth with the seamless rails and the detailed engineering.   Something that never happens with our trains here in Canada (save for light transit).

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Golf Dino said:

If you've never been on a highspeed rail line, then this is a treat.  So smooth with the seamless rails and the detailed engineering.   Something that never happens with our trains here in Canada (save for light transit).

Nothing compares to the Japanese Shinkansen, as in nothing! ☺︎  (OK China might have something comparable, but I still am biased to the Shinkansen - heck I fell asleep riding on it - fast and quiet - for comparison,  I can't even sleep on cross Pacific 20 hour flights from Southeast Asia to the East coast!) 

For trains/subways, I also love Singapore's MRT and Hong Kong's MTR... The tube in London , NYC "Subway", etc pale in comparison... (let's not get started with Toronto's TTC LOL) 

Since it's "off season", and I'm the "moderator", might as well go "off topic" a tad so long as it's not "inappropriate topic/subject"

Edited by HMHS
added the last line on "offseason" :P
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Golf Dino said:

Plus the waitresses come by with the snack tray often. They bow when entering and leaving each car. Japan is awesome 

Edited by Forged4life
  • Like 3

On 12/17/2021 at 11:53 AM, Golf Dino said:

Closest I've been to a high speed train, and it's a real stretch, is Amtrak's Acela from Boston to DC. Japan's and Europe's high speed lines put the U.S. passenger rail system to shame. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

Japan's and Europe's high speed lines put the U.S. passenger rail system to shame. 

Japan and Europe have been the gold standard of high speed rails, but China has taken over the lead in speed:

China debuts world's fastest train

"A maglev bullet train that can reach speeds of 600 kilometers per hour (373 miles per hour) has made its debut in Qingdao, China."

Edited by 18majors
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, 18majors said:

Japan and Europe have been the gold standard of high speed rails, but China has taken over the lead in speed:

China debuts world's fastest train

"A maglev bullet train that can reach speeds of 600 kilometers per hour (373 miles per hour) has made its debut in Qingdao, China."

Yes as I said earlier, they've got something... BUT! Here's the thing: a) despite its speed is it reliable/on time? B) will Shanshan Feng take this over flying? I'm sure Hinako will take her clubs to the JTC Shinkansen all the way to Narita airport for her JAL flight to.... Chicago, I presume ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

Yes as I said earlier, they've got something... BUT! Here's the thing: a) despite its speed is it reliable/on time? B) will Shanshan Feng take this over flying? I'm sure Hinako will take her clubs to the JTC Shinkansen all the way to Narita airport for her JAL flight to.... Chicago, I presume 😉

Not yet.  They are still ironing out the operational parameters regarding their highspeed rail service.  The last that I read about it was that the network was supposed to connect Beijing, Shanghai, Guanzhou, Shenzen, and Wuhan (possibly Harbin, Dalian, and Chengdu . . . but then the mountains come into play).    Where they are with it now  or if it has been reworked, amended, is anyone's guess at this point as most of the coverage today is focused on other topics.

• Like 2

Ok back on topic for a bit -- here's a link to some more "comprehensive" feed of Hinako's week 2 in QSeries without the need for Japan internet connectivity.  

The commentators are funny in a way -- tried to also incorporate some English into their commentary - "bounce back", "good shot" etc.  You can use auto-translate on the settings and select English -- at least you'll have a very elementary idea of what they're talking about -- and at the very least, have the yardages that are left etc.  

On minute 35 and change,  I'm actually surprised that Shibuno's driver (1W) is only at 240 yds (thought she already added 10-20 yds more in 2020-2021 through the swing change).  then again, it could be the "caption" is not updated yet.  (but this is Japanese TV, they are supposed to be accurate LOL).  

Screen Shot 2021-12-19 at 4.38.42 PM.png

Related to the above youtube video -- it would seem that Day 7 was truly a blustery day that got her off track and off target -- however, others also had the same conditions and played well.  So most likely, she's not used to the conditions (?) plus added pressure of playing from the 7th spot after day 6.  

Also, the last day showed how she can be extremely "momentum" driven -- even with the putting -- though of course, that's really how she putts -- more on the "Iet's go for it who cares if it's too hard" side (unless of course she's on a severe downslope where she did leave some short)