2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Putter (Early Access) Member Testing! See What Members Are Saying!

GolfWRX_Official

1 hour ago, Red4282 said:

If it helps me hole just one more putt inside 10 feet a round its WELL worth it. I truly believe it can if you commit to the technique that is required.

This is what I am most interested in and why I am following both threads on the Mezz.  Just how much of an adjustment is it really, and how big of a commitment to re-work my stroke?

I realize there is not a cut-and-dried answer to this question, so I appreciate everyone's feedback on the two threads.

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

PXG 0211 8i - SW….+3” or Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

11 minutes ago, mshills said:

This is what I am most interested in and why I am following both threads on the Mezz.  Just how much of an adjustment is it really, and how big of a commitment to re-work my stroke?

I realize there is not a cut-and-dried answer to this question, so I appreciate everyone's feedback on the two threads.

For me in this trial aiming is the biggest adjustment. I still lack a lot of confidence because I haven’t quite perfected where my eyes need to be over the ball/putter and where my ball needs to be. 

Honestly is is a pretty extensive process so far. For me at least. I’m sure everyone’s different. Especially those who have putted with a lab before.

I will echo what I’ve said through this whole thread. The roll this thing puts on the balls is second to none. That’s the most impressive part to me so far

Edited by CCTxGolf
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 1:26 PM, labgolf said:

For those of you testers who have spent at least a few total hours with your MEZZ.1, bring out one of your old putters to mess around with. Usually a very interesting experience to be able to feel the torque/twisting in conventional putters after spending a minute with our technology.

I did this.  I took out my Scotty & could really feel the difference.  Grant it, the Scotty is a blade but I don't think that makes a difference.  I can still feel a lot more twisting with the blade than the mallet.  I hit 100 putts or more a day on my mat with the MEZZ, so I'm really getting the feel for it.  I just hope to not blow it passed the hole once I get on the greens.  Cause my carpet/mat is running about a 5 on the stimp meter right now.  HA!  

Driver: Titleist TSR3 UST Mamiya Prototype  

Fairways: Titleist TS2 13.5* UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue

Utility: Titleist U500 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue HB

Irons:  T350 4 & 5, T200 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges: Vokey SM9 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Proto 

Ball: ProV1 Left Dot

2 hours ago, Red4282 said:

Yea im not sure those would be considered “kinks” it most definitely is your personal opinion which is to be respected, but to qualify it as a “kink”, it would need something overwhelmingly agreeable by most.

Disagree with your assessment this is only for bad putters. Im a great putter, its one of my strengths. If it helps me hole just one more putt inside 10 feet a round its WELL worth it. I truly believe it can if you commit to the technique that is required.

There's a standard for qualifying a kink???

I never said it was only for bad putters.  I said if you were a bad putter, then this is your solution because whatever else you are doing is clearly not working, so might as well wipe the slate clean and get a putter in your hands that greatly increases your consistency.  You will save a lot more strokes with the $650 putter vs $650 driver.

I question the gain for anyone that is already a good putter.   To really keep your index down when it comes to putting it is a lot less about getting 1 extra 10 footer vs 3-putt avoidance.  Again, not sure how this putter helps me in either category.  But still giving it a fair shot.  I am 4 rounds into it.

• Like 1

I'm curious as to what everyone else's weight distribution is on their heads.  Interesting how that has influenced the balance & stroke 

The majority of mine are 14g, while the two in the middle at the bottom don't have any number 

LAB_HEAD.jpg.8499ce8dbcef0dad0e3ae617983489a0.jpg

• Like 1

Here's mine, labelled out...

4 x 14 and 1 x 12 screws. 3 unmarked

69* lie angle and 34" length

85180221_2021-12-2815_44.09_B.jpg.ea021853e1eaca75a2031c392d14ba42.jpg

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Cobra Forged Tec X 5 - PW KBS TGI 85 stiff shafts
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48* & Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

7 hours ago, mshills said:

I don’t think it’s too much of a change in your stroke.  It’s just sticking with it as with anything.  When I first got the 2.1 it was really just putting it farther up the stance and then learning about how much less break.  The putting stroke itself didn’t change just ball position.  Any putter requires some time but for me it’s been well worth it.  

putting used to be a strong point of my game and then it disappeared.  With the 2.1 and now Mezz it’s def back to a strong point. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

12 hours ago, mshills said:

I guess that really is a case by case basis. Some will get it fast, some will take a while and some not at all. All it boils down to is finding the ball position that works, and then just using soft soft hands with a slower tempo IMO. The juice is worth the squeeze. Remember Ive used the DF, went back to a traditional putter and now Im testing this MEZZ.1 I didnt switch back because it didnt work. I switched for very shallow reasons, looks, sound. Now the mezz.1 has addressed those, Its gonna be tough to beat. The forgiveness alone is hard not to notice. The cobra i have still wins out on alignment but thats about it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Red4282 said:

I guess that really is a case by case basis. Some will get it fast, some will take a while and some not at all. All it boils down to is finding the ball position that works, and then just using soft soft hands with a slower tempo IMO. The juice is worth the squeeze. Remember Ive used the DF, went back to a traditional putter and now Im testing this MEZZ.1 I didnt switch back because it didnt work. I switched for very shallow reasons, looks, sound. Now the mezz.1 has addressed those, Its gonna be tough to beat. The forgiveness alone is hard not to notice. The cobra i have still wins out on alignment but thats about it. 

Alignment is a weird one and individual for every putter, with different hosel attachments, alignment lines, shapes all playing a factor.  

If you aim well with a DF right off the bat it will be good.  If you don't then it will take some work.  Others may never be able to aim a center shafted putter properly, or it may be the lack of long alignment lines, or either of the shapes and therefore if they don't put in a ton of work to understand how and why they aim where they do it will never work.

With the no thumbs practice(for soft hands) and the lie angle balanced, it removes the stroke problem, but there will be some adjustment for speed control with soft hands.

Does it work?   Absolutely.  I have made more putts with a LAB putter than any putter.  I dropped my DF to a friend as I moved on for aesthetic reasons(which is absolutely dumb) and some early success I saw with a split hand 40 inch putter.  Now my putting has been atrocious for 3 months plus and I ordered a Mezz sight unseen.  

Why?  Because I know Lie Angle Balancing works, I know I can put in the time for alignment(If I have issues) and I know I can get the distance control down again.

One thing I will say, when I went to Scotland with the DF, the greens there were extremely slow compared to my home club.  My home club averages 11 for the year, and gets to 13 or so(according to our super) for our big tournaments.  I did have issues on long putts with slow greens with the DF and it just felt wrong to be at the home of golf using something so unsightly on the greens.  Most of the greens I played there probably rolled in the 7 or 8 realm.

• Like 2
  • Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - GW Cobra King Tour - Axiom 105X
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

5 hours ago, Red4282 said:

What would you change about the alignment?  Especially with the head design, I would find it difficult to even change the alignment.  🤔

9 minutes ago, HackinNut said:

What would you change about the alignment?  Especially with the head design, I would find it difficult to even change the alignment.  🤔

Im not saying the mezz.1 alignement is bad. Its just not as good as the cobra i own. Those bold white lines leave no doubt in my mind where im aiming. I wouldnt mind seeing some bigger alignment lines with the mezz.

F35433B2-AB8F-42A6-94C3-F5E5DCFD4961.jpeg.146b04dc2abc65d8a563adf2cd7613bd.jpeg

Edited by Red4282

Love the discussion on alignment.  With the Mezz it's definitely the biggest thing I'm trying to get comfortable with.  With my DF 2.1 I have a single line that runs through the entire head and I love that bigger visual and how it helps me "see" the line of my putt.  In the more compact Mezz head I think I'd honestly prefer to have a dot instead of any alignment line.

A few years back I went through an Edel fitting and it really opened my eyes to how the brain aims the putter based on different head shapes and alignment lines.  Until I put the DF 2.1 into the bag I was using my Edel but any time I've demo'd putters the alignment is something I've been really particular about.  It often gets underplayed but I'm a believer that it really does make a huge difference.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

Im not saying the mezz.1 alignement is bad. Its just not as good as the cobra i own. Those bold white lines leave no doubt in my mind where im aiming. I wouldnt mind seeing some bigger alignment lines with the mezz.

F35433B2-AB8F-42A6-94C3-F5E5DCFD4961.jpeg.146b04dc2abc65d8a563adf2cd7613bd.jpeg

I don't mind the alignment line ... it could maybe be a little wider.  But I understand that it would be the same width as the alignment aid on the ball.  I actually use the line & the SHAFT (since it's center shaft) and have no problem with the alignment.  

I'm hoping that the center shafted putter is the cure to my putting woes 🙂  

• Like 1

I got one with a sight dot which has always been my preference. That dot inside the grey squares up super well for me! Also an update on my testing journey, I've found distance control to be a lot easier making the head heavier with lead tape. Im just used to super heavy putter heads. Im gonna be sending mine back in to have them add weight to the head. looking forward to getting it back on the course!

Driver Taylormade Qi10

3W Ping G430 LST 5W Callaway Apex UW 

4i Mizuno Fli Hi 5-PW Ping Blueprint S

GW 50 Ping Glide 4.0 SW 56 Vokey S LW 62 Vokey M

Putters Kevin Burns 9306 Ball Titleist Pro V1

4 hours ago, HackinNut said:

I don't mind the alignment line ... it could maybe be a little wider.  But I understand that it would be the same width as the alignment aid on the ball.  I actually use the line & the SHAFT (since it's center shaft) and have no problem with the alignment.  

I'm hoping that the center shafted putter is the cure to my putting woes 🙂  

Is this the first center shafted putter you've used?

Speaking of center shafted putters, here are 2 of them that's in my collection so let's compare them to Mezz.1:

1509062219_2022-01-1210_41_39.jpg.84baa66718e987cf15ae88055147ea1b.jpg

1448154033_2022-01-1210_41_06.jpg.8965c5f1414c3eb60caf0268ca1f1bf3.jpg2021283168_2022-01-1210_42_15.jpg.d160ba54d9a729092621fe32cab72512.jpg

1243198791_2022-01-1210_43_05.jpg.2cf41c6f56cf5dd3255c44e3de14611e.jpg

The blue one is a Cure RX2. Back then (and probably is now), it had the highest MOI of any putter. Another advantage is that you can adjust the lie angle of the shaft yourself using a tool they give you. I really like this feature as you can test out how too steep a lie can do to a swing and too shallow of a lie can impact a swing.

It is also ironic that, while I had this putter before I got any Lie Angle Balance putters, it has the same lie angle as my Directed Force and my Mezz.1 😁

Yes, the Cure is standing by itself, even with the heavier Super Stroke flatso grip I have on it. I may have gamed it for a little while and while its great to look at, it's just too heavy and the sound is not to my liking at all - a very aluminium "thunk" like the Cobra L4V drivers (for the old guys who remember this mega-hit-WRX driver aka robo thread....)

The black one is a Yar putter. You don't see many of these and let's just say it is controversial & very interesting (well, at least the inventor). There is definitely a story there and I've had some great conversations with Bill Presse IV about this little guy. Now, it's the smallest of the bunch and you can fit the whole putter head inside the cup to pick up the ball - I am NOT kidding you.

Roll wise, it's pretty stable for a little guy, not much mass, very light ( @xandersingh would HATE this putter cause its so light, lol). I still take this one out to the practice greens cause its a fun putter to play with. Feels like an 8802 with a frame welded behind the head.

Anyway, thought I throw this in here for all you center shafted putter aficionados, enjoy 👍

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 2

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

2 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

Speaking of center shafted putters, here are 2 of them that's in my collection so let's compare them to Mezz.1:

1448154033_2022-01-1210_41_06.jpg.8965c5f1414c3eb60caf0268ca1f1bf3.jpg2021283168_2022-01-1210_42_15.jpg.d160ba54d9a729092621fe32cab72512.jpg

The blue one is a Cure RX2. Back then (and probably is now), it had the highest MOI of any putter. Another advantage is that you can adjust the lie angle of the shaft yourself using a tool they give you. I really like this feature as you can test out how too steep a lie can do to a swing and too shallow of a lie can impact a swing.

It is also ironic that, while I had this putter before I got any Lie Angle Balance putters, it has the same lie angle as my Directed Force and my Mezz.1 😁

Yes, the Cure is standing by itself, even with the heavier Super Stroke flatso grip I have on it. I may have gamed it for a little while and while its great to look at, it's just too heavy and the sound is not to my liking at all - a very aluminium "thunk" like the Cobra L4V drivers (for the old guys who remember this driver mega-hit-WRX driver)

The black one is a Yar putter. You don't see many of these and let's just say it is controversial & very interesting (well, at least the inventor). There is definitely a story there and I've had some great conversations with Bill Presse IV about this little guy. Now, it's the smallest of the bunch and you can fit the whole putter head inside the cup to pick up the ball - I am NOT kidding you.

Roll wise, it's pretty stable for a little guy, not much mass, very light ( @xandersingh would HATE this putter cause its so light, lol). I still take this one out to the practice greens cause its a fun putter to play with.

Anyway, thought I throw this in here for all you center shafted putter aficionados, enjoy 👍

Yes it's the first time with a center shaft putter.  I've always been a blade kinda guy.  😉  

TBO I've never thought center shafted putters ever looked good enough in my eye.  But this one isn't hard on the eyes for me.  Especially because it's "fitted" for lie for my stroke.  The fact that it sits perfectly flat behind the ball, without the toe in the air, is a real confidence booster. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwingBlues said:

Yes, the Cure is standing by itself, even with the heavier Super Stroke flatso grip I have on it. I may have gamed it for a little while and while its great to look at, it's just too heavy and the sound is not to my liking at all - a very aluminium "thunk" like the Cobra L4V drivers (for the old guys who remember this mega-hit-WRX driver aka robo thread....)

Roll wise, it's pretty stable for a little guy, not much mass, very light ( @xandersingh would HATE this putter cause its so light, lol). I still take this one out to the practice greens cause its a fun putter to play with. Feels like an 8802 with a frame welded behind the head.

haha yes this is my first go around with a center shafted putter. just sent my mezz back to LAB to get adjusted. cant wait to get it back!

Driver Taylormade Qi10

3W Ping G430 LST 5W Callaway Apex UW 

4i Mizuno Fli Hi 5-PW Ping Blueprint S

GW 50 Ping Glide 4.0 SW 56 Vokey S LW 62 Vokey M

Putters Kevin Burns 9306 Ball Titleist Pro V1

48 minutes ago, xandersingh said:

haha yes this is my first go around with a center shafted putter. just sent my mezz back to LAB to get adjusted. cant wait to get it back!

Ya got 2 weeks 😉

Out of curiosity, has anyone swing weight their putters? I don't see too much discussions about swing weights with putters, mainly irons and woods so I am wondering if this was a standard of measurement with putters?

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 2

Sorry I haven’t answered sooner.  Both kids sick and now my wife and I are sick.

I think the Mezz is pretty easy to line up but I do wish they had the 3 line options like they do in the 2.1.  I know the 2.1 is much longer and the lines go from the front to the back but they also have a smaller option of 3 smaller lines that are just in the front of the putter.  I use the Callaway Triple Track ball when I putt and it’s easy to line this up with the 3 lines.  

recently I tried that tool I stated to SwingBlues and that Hank Haney alignment marker really helps square the putter up to the ball and target.  Seemed to work very well on my last round.  More testing hopefully sometime this weekend with it.

Edited by My2Dogs

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

So mine only has 1 weight on the left side that is 12g and the other 3 are unmarked.  The right side has 12g and 2 u marked.  For reference the side with the 1 12g would be closest to me at address.  I think a lot of this has to do with our swing when (if) you did the online fitting, lie angle and length to get it to be balanced.  My putter plays 35.5 inches and 68* lie angle.  

all of the 12g weights are closer to the backend of the putter.

2EE292A3-2003-487D-BCBF-878D1E3F5D95.jpeg

• Like 1

PXG Hybrid stand bag

21 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

Ya got 2 weeks 😉

Out of curiosity, has anyone swing weight their putters? I don't see too much discussions about swing weights with putters, mainly irons and woods so I am wondering if this was a standard of measurement with putters?

To answer your question, yes.  

The MEZZ swing weight on my scale is around D2

Lab_Weight_1.jpg.b1f9c4ffa30f6f83d8f587d94cdf483f.jpgLab_Weight_2.jpg.a737b8fe19f077f317e1d8dbd0900874.jpg

My Scotty Newport 2 swing weight is around E3 .... just a bit heavier.  HA!  

Scotty_Weight.jpg.d562aafaa63897b0abca808aa75b0868.jpgScotty_Weight_2.jpg.c0f096361a926ecc59d06a5a75a75c3f.jpg

Interesting ... maybe that's a complete turnaround from what I'm used to.  Maybe the answer to my putting woes?  Possibly 🤔

• Thanks 1

Still struggling on speed control 12 - 25 feet.  Had a superb ball striking day yesterday hitting 14 greens and several looks at birdie in the 12 - 20 foot range.  Thankfully my putting and this putter is nails at 3 feet, so no three putts, but not one birdie putt was even close.  Granted the green speed was much faster yesterday for some reason, but still could not adjust soon enough.

I'm wondering at this point if other shafts get a better feel, but never before have I been experimental when it comes to putter shafts.

Still grinding though, not going to let 33 putts in a round deter me.

31 minutes ago, CasualLie said:

Still struggling on speed control 12 - 25 feet.  Had a superb ball striking day yesterday hitting 14 greens and several looks at birdie in the 12 - 20 foot range.  Thankfully my putting and this putter is nails at 3 feet, so no three putts, but not one birdie putt was even close.  Granted the green speed was much faster yesterday for some reason, but still could not adjust soon enough.

I'm wondering at this point if other shafts get a better feel, but never before have I been experimental when it comes to putter shafts.

I'd work on speed more, getting inside 20 feet more often first before changing the putter shaft.  Just my opinion 

54 minutes ago, CasualLie said:

I’d try the Bryson method if you haven’t yet.  Same speed for all putting strokes but then learn the distance by how far back and through you take it.  Almost like the clock method for the golf swing.  I’ve been using the Perfect Putter and it has helped me a lot to dial in speed.  Wish I would have gotten it much sooner when I had the 2.1 as it did take me a long time to dial that putter in.  The one thing I can say is that I’m confident enough that if I do go past the hole I’m not afraid of the comeback anymore since using the 2.1 and now Mezz.

PXG Hybrid stand bag

1 hour ago, My2Dogs said:

I’d try the Bryson method if you haven’t yet.  Same speed for all putting strokes but then learn the distance by how far back and through you take it.  Almost like the clock method for the golf swing.  I’ve been using the Perfect Putter and it has helped me a lot to dial in speed.  Wish I would have gotten it much sooner when I had the 2.1 as it did take me a long time to dial that putter in.  The one thing I can say is that I’m confident enough that if I do go past the hole I’m not afraid of the comeback anymore since using the 2.1 and now Mezz.

I don't have that kind of time nor interest. I'm not playing golf for a living.  So no way I'm changing my stroke and feel.  BDC is like the polar opposite of how I approach putting, and that's cool for him because $millions after riding on his putts.  I like to get a feel for green speed early then everything else is just feel for line and speed.  To me it's all about putting a good roll on my intended path.  I don't hit putts, I roll putts.  I don't mind missing putts from a misread of the line or just being a little off, or the rub doesn't quite work.  But I hate missing putts from totally wrong speed.

The Mezz lends itself to a more technical approach, and that's great.  It's an impressive putter.  5-6 feet in, it's practically automatic.

1 minute ago, CasualLie said:

I don't have that kind of time nor interest. I'm not playing golf for a living.  So no way I'm changing my stroke and feel.  BDC is like the polar opposite of how I approach putting, and that's cool for him because $millions after riding on his putts.  I like to get a feel for green speed early then everything else is just feel for line and speed.  To me it's all about putting a good roll on my intended path.  I don't hit putts, I roll putts.  I don't mind missing putts from a misread of the line or just being a little off, or the rub doesn't quite work.  But I hate missing putts from totally wrong speed.

The Mezz lends itself to a more technical approach, and that's great.  It's an impressive putter.  5-6 feet in, it's practically automatic.

Understand but I also have to do the same on every green.  I have to get the speed every time I play as every place/course is different.  It’s just knowing the distances for each stroke to match the course for that day.  

I just look at it as if I have a new set of irons.  I have to know my distances of each iron when playing.  Also when it’s cold/hot each iron or wedge goes a different length.  When it’s a buried lie or flier lie I also have to know that.  So that’s the approach I take.  Everyone is different and I understand that not every club/putter is for everyone. 

• Like 1

PXG Hybrid stand bag

I had 2 rounds in this weekend. Played Encino GC on Saturday and today, MLK Day, I played Balboa GC. Back to the same course where I 1st started testing the Mezz.1

Saturday was a right b*tch day, driving was pretty damn good but the 2nd shot is still killing me. Mostly scrambling all day with 6 bogeys and 2 birds.Problem with speed for 3 holes did not help since there was a shower and the practice greens were pretty fast but actual greens were not.

"Fooled you, har, har" kinda day. Ugh.

Today was the complete opposite from Saturday. It was totally FUN playing Balboa. Driving was better than Saturday after tweaking my Sim 2 driver a tad this morning. Walked away with 3 birds and offset by 2 bogeys. Plenty or chance for more birds, just did not drop. Lesson learnt from today  - pull the flag if 15 feet or under.

Positive note is that this is an easy putter to aim and execute. Nothing was badly aimed, just bad reads or bad breaks on muni greens ala "ball diving 6 inches from the hole" or one too many bumps on the way in. You know the Story. I will say, for me, it's a point and shoot putter.

One of the birds came from a gentle toe putt down a sloping green. The Mezz.1 may be smaller than my DF but the way the mass of the putter is on the outside makes these specialized putts harder to figure out. Also, I think the DF is more stable with these putts. More softness. To my eye, the ball sits better. Now, I GET the Mezz.1 is probably not designed for this and also 99% of golfers don't even know what the heck is a toe or heel putt....

The ACCRA shaft is really nice. I am enjoying it. Right now, I don't know what I'll buy if I switched to say a Stability Tour shaft. I've had some on course long putts and the shaft is pretty damn accurate. While it is not as torsionally stiff as my original BGT, it ain't as heavy either. It's not soft or whippy either. I'd say it's the right stiffness for my putter swing. I'll definitely pick this shaft over an stock iron shaft.

As for the grip, my initial thoughts was that the white lines and texts were too distracting. They still are, in my humble opinion. I think a pure black stealth like Press II 1.5 would be THE TICKET for a complete ZERO distraction, 100% focused on the aim putter setup. I've not yet taped the white lines or sharpied them black yet. For now, just telling my mind to ignore it and focus on the aim.

After 4 rounds here are my thoughts

1. Mezz.1 is very, very pleasing to the eyes and the foursome group. Had a lot of positive remarks about the putter and those who putted with it, LOVED IT.

2. While this is subjective, I feel the Mezz.1 is more forgiving than the Directed Force. A little higher face give you plenty of room if your strike is as pure. If you come from Mezz.1 to the Directed Force, the DF face just looks so shallow and "thin".

3. Directed Force is more "functionally" versatile. Yeah, it's not as visually pleasing but the madness of the rear that doubles as a training tool really helps. For Toe and Heel putting, automatic win for the Directed Force - for the consistency of feel of the ball off either ends of the putter. And you can pick up the ball with the DF. I know, I know, I can hear the 🔥 on this comment even now...😀

Both putters are night and day above the big box putters. Lie Angle Balance works. I have gamed both putters and it's really hard to pick just one. To me, the putters are like Stealth + versus Stealth Max. You'll smash the ball with both drivers but it's how you want to get the ball out there when your swing is not perfect every time... Mezz it then 👍

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 2

My club had its first tournament of the year, a 1 man scramble (2 balls).  2nd and 3rd place out of 55 were using the Mezz.1 (myself included).  Granted I got 2 attempts per putt, but only missed 1 makeable putt that day.

I took a Spider X putter out the next day, just to try something different after putting well the previous day.  I did not putt nearly as well.  My group asked me why I took the "illegal looking putter" out of the bag 🙂 

I can say the Mezz is back in the bag, and it was cool to see another Mezz out there the for the tournament.  

• Like 2

Ping G425 LST 9* / Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X

Taylormade BRNR Mini Driver 13.5* / Fujikura Atmos Blue TS 7X

Ping iCrossover 18* / Ping Tour 2.0 85X

Ping i230 4-U / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 X100

Titleist SM9 54.10S / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Titleist SM9 60.04T / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Ping Vault Oslo

Titleist ProV1

Ping Hoofer