2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

2022 LPGA Season Odds and Ends

Argonne69

Nelly's in LA quite a bit cause her BF plays for the LA Kings.

18majors HATES the guy and has a picture of him on the wall and throws darts at the picture every time Andreas increases his Instagram followers by 1000.🤣

Hmmm...a little bias against the Koreans???.....Nelly looks to be watching inside the ropes, yet Rolex Ranked #1 at the time, Jin Young Ko, and her GF's were threatened to be kicked off the property by a female cop in 2020 at Torrey when they were watching and taking some selfies outside the ropes....just sayin.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, KBong said:

Hmmm...a little bias against the Koreans???.....Nelly looks to be watching inside the ropes, yet Rolex Ranked #1 at the time, Jin Young Ko, and her GF's were threatened to be kicked off the property by a female cop in 2020 at Torrey when they were watching and taking some selfies outside the ropes....just sayin.

JinYoungKo has some endearing videos of her visit to Torrey Pines with her gal pals

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JungleJimbo said:

JinYoungKo has some endearing videos of her visit to Torrey Pines with her gal pals

In the 1st video above....10:20 is where the IDIOT female cop threatened to kick JYK and her pals out of Torrey...WTH.

IMO....JYK the RR# 1 .....should be MORE DEMANDING and she should FIRE her current agent and hire The Death Star (IMG) to act on her behalf.

Have IMG arrange a stretch limo to pick up she and her gal pals, driven to Torrey and have inside the rope badges waiting for her at will call.....she needs to get her road manager to work harder.

Coincidently, I looked at some JYK Youtube vids last night...she only has about 40K YT subscribers....yet NYC has over 200K YT subscribers,

I assume you noticed that Nelly has no YT channel

Why?

Nelly knows she's unlikable and realizes it would be a waste of her  produce one cause no one would watch the channel.....nuff said.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KBong said:

I assume you noticed that Nelly has no YT channel

Why?

Nelly knows she's unlikable and realizes it would be a waste of her  produce one cause no one would watch the channel.....nuff said.

And here we go again . . . @KBong at it again!  😂   
I do like Nelly.  She is not my favourite, but I admire how she seems to just let adversity slide off of her like water off of a duck's back.  🦆    That's one heck of a skill to have when playing high pressure golf.

Edited by Golf Dino
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JungleJimbo said:

I remember watching the 2nd video a while ago.

The best part of the vid occurs at 8:00 when the MacDonald employee delivers 8 extra large servings of French fries and they dump them onto the tray.

One thing for certain with Korean women....they are all foodies and LUV taking selfies/pictures.

Did you notice the young girls taking pictures of the French fries and their sandwiches/burgers...LMAO.

Always share your food and never take away a Korean woman's food...otherwise expect to pay the consequences.🤣...I've witnessed it 1st hand.😂

Who is the guy wearing the CJ logo's?

• Haha 1

New Podcast episode with Richard Kaufman, the lead golf commentator for Sky Sports.  Topics covered include the DP World Tour, the effect of Saudi money 💰 and of course the Ladies European Tour, its new class of players, and the appointment of Suzann Pettersen as Solheim Cup captain, including the American Solheim Cup captain.

https://bit.ly/Podcast-Shows 

274071213_2081546135344965_7254230241092110550_n.png.1c1903833169b4302b4240eeb87943ae.png

274025415_2081546095344969_402729059771002848_n.png.f2ab9d93404dfa781182047fea880f72.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KBong said:

Who is the guy wearing the CJ logo's?

My Guess wrt “the guy wearing the CJ logos” = Kim Joo Hyung (currently ranked ~82nd on PGA OWGR?. (“김주형”)⬅️Google search Link

..https://www.golfdigest.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=36954 (Google Translate, “Joo-Hyung Kim, US Golf Channel's '10 Prospects for 2021’”. ...published 2021.01.04 )

..https://sports.donga.com/sports/article/all/20210104/104755912/1

F468F754-7C66-4B29-8B2D-3C73A7EB2080.jpeg

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, 18majors said:

Lisa Cornwell discovered; she's commenting on ESPN+ marquee group of Spieth, Rahm and Scheffler.

Any congratulatory tweets from Brandel Chamblee?🤣

When I was looking at female Dukie golfers, I saw Stephanie Sparks' name.

It's a shame she lost her job at GC....IMO...she was really good at her job.

20 hours ago, KBong said:

Coincidently, I looked at some JYK Youtube vids last night...she only has about 40K YT subscribers....yet NYC has over 200K YT subscribers,

Should the LPGA offer social media consultants(and a stipend) for players in the Rolex top 10 or should it be the players responsibility? 

NYC has great content on YouTube. I wish So Yeon would provide English translation for her content also.

There's still plenty of space on YouTube for LPGA pro content. 

• Like 2

On 2/16/2022 at 12:00 AM, KBong said:

@MagicClassic407 so who are you rooting for in women's figure skating?

I love when they (Japanese gal) skate to the Gladiator movie theme song...what a great song.

I don't know any of the gals...so I have no idea who to cheer for.

They just interviewed Katerina Witt....56 yrs old....she's still a SMOKESHOW.

I watch on CBC....but are you embarrassed Johnny Wier covers ice skating?🤣

I also don't like another Weir...Mike.

As I write this it's over! As a former fan of Valieva, I now LOVE the little Polish gal, Kurakova. She moved way up today after a shaky short. Johnny Weir I like very much as I find him insightful and his knowledge of the Russian language served him well today with all the crybabies throwing tantrums, and spewing in their native tongue. What a disaster!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MagicClassic407 said:

As I write this it's over! As a former fan of Valieva, I now LOVE the little Polish gal, Kurakova. She moved way up today after a shaky short. Johnny Weir I like very much as I find him insightful and his knowledge of the Russian language served him well today with all the crybabies throwing tantrums, and spewing in their native tongue. What a disaster!

Obviously I don't care for Weir and you can probably guess why.🤣

But I will admit....Weir had some good answers/dialogue last night when Mike Tirico was interviewing Weir & Tara about Valieva's doping scandal.

I think you need a laugh...though I might have already posted this.

I know you and others will not be surprised at the below.

So in the 90's a group of about 10 went out to lunch during the winter Olympics...we started chatted about figure skating.

I said I thought Tonya Harding was HAWT (back then I didn't use/say SMOKESHOW🤣).

All the gals at the table spit out their drinks LAUGHING SO HARD.😂

2 hours ago, MagicClassic407 said:

I don't mean to thread jack

BUT

I've caught up more tonight watching some Olympics.

I don't know much about figure skating....I believe @MagicClassic407 is very knowledgeable and I want her opinion.

There are rumors that Valieva was asked to airmail her free skate to minimize the doping scandal???....it seemed so ODD that she'd fall and fail so much???

I just watched the viral video of the ROC silver medalist yelling & crying at her coaches....seems like she was DEMANDED??? to skate for only a silver medal???

Could there be that much ROC corruption?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Golf Dino said:

Another episode just dropped -- Trials, Tribulations & Triumph of American player Gabriella Then.  She's a very gutsy individual that believed in herself so much that she sunk nearly all of her money into funding her past year of golf or as she likes to say, she went "all in".  She eventually won the Ladies European Tour's Q-School and has full status for this season.  

https://bit.ly/Podcast-Shows 

Apple Podcasts:

https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/the-trials-tribulations-and-triumphs-of-gabby-then/id1531979850?i=1000551503941

Amazon Music:

https://music.amazon.ca/podcasts/47cccc52-7a2b-4179-a868-ccbb10287bec/episodes/223e7760-ad99-4c9e-b7d3-818c00ddf82d/we're-talking-golf-the-trials-tribulations-and-triumphs-of-gabby-then

2.png.a8a6c5f0b60f1ccb7b65d201e9aa7640.png3.png.170211e144d8c17927a66b3166dcf23a.png4.png.e514173ccc7d06ff1a7fb2414b632780.png

You've got some interesting podcasts/interviews that I'll have to look at sometime.

I believe Hana Kim is Ina's sister....I saw Hana....maybe in Portland in 2008?...it's hard not to see Hana....you can see the sibling resemblances.

Back in those days....I didn't know many of the Asian pros and had to look at their staff bags to find out their names. 

spacer.png

IMO....I think the 1st attractive pro of Korean descent was Pearl Sinn.

In the early 90's at the Safeco I saw Pearl walk by in an all black outfit and said to my self...who's that?

spacer.png

In 1994, my friend said...let's go watch this blonde gal....I said...who is that?....he said Annika Sorenstam....LOL.

I attended the Safeco from 1992-1998, until it ended.

Seattle needs to get a permanent LPGA stop again...just sayin.

I got transferred out to Van City in 1992....a co-worker knew I was golfer....her husband had tickets to the World Am's....she gave me some tickets...so I went to Marine Dr and Cap for the 1st time.

I saw Justin Leonard and David Duval duking it out.

I didn't have the tickets...or knew it was being played....the women were playing the week prior....Annika won.

Did you attend any of the PGA or LPGA events back then in the PNW?

For years, I had planned to attend the PGA Championship in 1998 at Sahalee....(Vijay won) but never made it....but saw Sahalee in 2010 at the USSO and 2016 KPMG.

Sahalee is an amazing track...especially the back 9...they have 27 holes.

At the 2005 Cdn Open....I saw Vijay smoke an iron to the green on the front 9....I asked.... what iron he hit....he gives me a 4 finger gesture....lol.

I had freebies for 2005 & 2011....I knew a guy from Bell.

The 18th hole is not great for viewing...lack of space.

Edited by KBong
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Golf Dino said:

Another episode just dropped -- Trials, Tribulations & Triumph of American player Gabriella Then.  She's a very gutsy individual that believed in herself so much that she sunk nearly all of her money into funding her past year of golf or as she likes to say, she went "all in".  She eventually won the Ladies European Tour's Q-School and has full status for this season.  

I thought I saw she set up a GoFundMe after doing so well at Q school. 

ETA:  Yep.  Looks like it's at 16k out of a 40k goal.  I hope she makes it.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2022 at 4:49 PM, Golf Dino said:

And the written story on Gabby Then: 

https://bit.ly/GoingAll-In 

4.png.5dd95228c85f2774fb4609acd829883b.png

I believe Then will be 25 or 26 this year?

So let me ask.

Do you believe there's a good/high probability that Then can:

1) Make it onto the LPGA

2) And if yes above....can keep her LPGA card for 2+ years.

It's SO DIFFICULT to play on the best tours in the world....men and women.

Women mature quickly in their golf games.

IMO....by 23....I think it will generally demonstrate whether one has the ability to play golf making a reasonable living in the women's game.

Dave's Hot Chicken also sponsored RLB....maybe Mollie should make a call for an event sponsorship.

Edited by KBong

On 2/15/2022 at 11:00 PM, KBong said:

@MagicClassic407 so who are you rooting for in women's figure skating?

I love when they (Japanese gal) skate to the Gladiator movie theme song...what a great song.

I don't know any of the gals...so I have no idea who to cheer for.

They just interviewed Katerina Witt....56 yrs old....she's still a SMOKESHOW.

I watch on CBC....but are you embarrassed Johnny Wier covers ice skating?🤣

I also don't like another Weir...Mike.

Johnny and Tara are annoying, Johnny criticizing Eteri Tutberidze all Olympics long but posted earlier praising her after visiting her camp.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fredogolfer said:

Looks like the Senior LPGA Championship is moving to the 3rd week of July In Salina, KS. Kansas in July with a field of people 50+ can be disastrous. There must be a good amount of $$$ involved. 

IMO...if Annika is serious about winning this and the USWO....TMac should loop and not hubby....too bad Will isn't older...I bet he would love to loop for mom.

I assume TMac retired???....otherwise one of the young LPGA guns should have hired him to loop fpr the season..

I just realized the USGA Women's Am is at Chambers this year...if no restrictions...I may attend to watch the Future of Women's Golf in China play...yup The Zhangster.

So if you hear someone yelling "BOK CHOY"...you know it's me....isn't it a tradition in the US to YELL at golf events played in the US?...just askin for a friend,

• Like 1

How on Earth did Sung Hyun fall to #137 in the world? I know it's tough to stay at the top, but 137th? So Yeon was #1 5 years ago, and has managed to stay in the top 25. Stacy was at the top, and has managed to stay in the top 50. Of course Yani is the poster child for the mighty fallen.

• Sad 3

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0