2022 LPGA Season Odds and Ends

Argonne69

59 minutes ago, AKL Kiwi said:

@18majors you pointed it out in an earlier post Lydia could go to #1 before next year.....I am surprised the LPGA did not know Lydia would become RR#1 this week knowing Nelly and Lydia were not playing last week if they know how the RR points system works....which I assume the LPGA do. I don't see how anyone could argue that Lydia is not currently best female player in the world and it's great to see her back again as RR#1 🙂

If you count back 56 events for Lydia the last event is Marathon, week 32, 2020. If you count back 43 for Nelly, it’s Drive On, week 31, 2020. Lydia played Drive On but it’s not being included in her divisor. And then there’s Minjee, who played both but neither is being counted. 

I know changes were made for Covid but I thought they were now back to a rolling 104 week period. If so, why are events in weeks 31 and 32 of 2020 being included?

On 11/28/2022 at 4:40 AM, ChronicSlicer said:

What a wonderful season indeed. Including the 6 LPGA events, 4 top 10's and taking 8th place in the ROY race with only 6 events played.

Two important questions loom now for Linn.

1. Will she go against her will and get vaxxed, so she can enter the States for the 2023 LPGA season?

2. If she does, can she continue to make waves over here? There's been a few players who have killed it on the LET, but barely made a splash on the LPGA.

Is there a similar LPGA season review video available on youtube?
This LET version is a good recap.  Expect Linn Grant to be doing some globe-trotting/racking up airmiles in 2023.

• Like 1

Does anyone follow Georgia Hall or Ryann O’Toole on social media? They have been very “close” as of late. Ryann said she couldn’t wait for the off season with this “cutie” and that Georgia gives her butterflies. Ryann also has a heart emoji with GH next to it on her instagram. Georgia dated her male caddie and travelled with him for years and wasn’t Ryann engaged to another woman when she won her first LPGA event a couple of years ago.  Seems just like a very drastic turn of events. 

41 minutes ago, fredogolfer said:

Does anyone follow Georgia Hall or Ryann O’Toole on social media? They have been very “close” as of late. Ryann said she couldn’t wait for the off season with this “cutie” and that Georgia gives her butterflies. Ryann also has a heart emoji with GH next to it on her instagram. Georgia dated her male caddie and travelled with him for years and wasn’t Ryann engaged to another woman when she won her first LPGA event a couple of years ago.  Seems just like a very drastic turn of events. 

Ryann got married in '21.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

1 hour ago, fredogolfer said:

I don't but looking at both their Instagram's now, it looks like they are together.....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

13 hours ago, Rapidcat said:

I don't but looking at both their Instagram's now, it looks like they are together.....

That would be unfortunate. Ryann is a study in vulgarity. I find that when couples feel the need to shout their love from the rooftops and make sure they are also seen, it doesn’t last. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 18majors said:

The question is "Did she make that putt?":

@18majors Genuine question ... the tweet you shared = implies the 8th hole = a par3? ... or does the tweet show "MinJee in 8th position, at 2-under"?

...Is the tweet below =the same course/day, or different? i.e. it shows that Min Jee made an eagle-3 on the 8th hole (par 5). As i'd seen the ISPS Handa is being played across the Victoria and Kingston Heath courses (or man on one course, and women on the other? perhaps @Rapidcat or @Raving Shanker can also share insights).

..Edit: I think i've figured it out ... i.e. confusion due to Twitter's truncated screen graphics ... the Par 3 = either the 14th or 16th hole. (per screenshot = youtube highlights).

image.png.05b32da454be99b75cddd709eed7cb50.png

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, 18majors said:

There'll be a good "Rookie of the Year" fight between three Epson Tour graduates Xiaowen Yin, Lucy Li and Grace Kim.

A nice article written by Xiaowen Yin; go Xiaowen:

XIAOWEN YIN ON HER ROAD TO THE LPGA

xiaowen-yin---lpga-website-graphic---fan

Got to say I've been impressed with Grace Kim's performance at the current Oz open - lovely swing, great attitude. Decent short game, can probably improve on this still.

Her personality will be a positive addition to the LPGAT.

• Like 2

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

4 hours ago, 18majors said:

Congratulations to Ashleigh Buhai!  She validates her major win with another strong performance; unlike Pernilla Lindberg or Sophia Popov:

She's been a great talent in her youth, too good and actually left South Africa as competition was too weak there -- but certainly had some missed opportunities as a pro (eg 2019 was most notable against Hinako, for example.   Probably had to adjust mental mindset to the game.   Now that she's overcome it, floodgates seemed to have opened.  

Yes, Pernilla and Popov are ? for sure, at least based on results thereafter...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kmbean said:

Marina Alex looked heated after 18 yesterday not sure what that was about.

Not a good look for Alex.  Who knows what may have transpired earlier in the round, but when you react angrily you rarely come out looking too good [known from experience].  

https://www.foxsports.com.au/golf/australian-open/fans-stunned-as-aus-open-golfers-in-ongreen-argument-over-traditional-endofround-act/news-story/beffef40d7a5464941bbc82e3488ee44

Edited by Oh Hi Carl

'Korea-US-Japan' 3 major tours took pride, Hana Financial Group Singapore Women's Open unexpectedly 'big game'

TV Broadcast:

December 8-10, 2022         10:30 PM - 2:30 AM EST

Live Stream:  https://aqstream.com/sbsg/SBS-Golf-Stream-2

"On the LPGA Tour, Rookie of the Year Ataya Titikun (Thailand), Choi Hye-jin, and Korean-American Noh No-rim have confirmed their participation."

202211291353776043_63859371a2ce7.jpg

202211291353776043_638593727977a.jpg

202211291353776043_63859372b6ecb.jpg

Edited by 18majors
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, 18majors said:

Is Chiara Noja a real deal like Jeeno:

I'm going with yes.  Having followed her on social media for a couple years she definitely has the drive to go along with the talent.  For someone so young she's super focused.  Just needs to stay away from swing coaches and other hangers on.

Of course we all know golf is a fickle mistress (right Bianca?) but I like her chances.

• Like 1