2022 LPGA Season Odds and Ends

Argonne69

45 minutes ago, 18majors said:

The 2022 Priority List:

2022 Priority List

This is a tough year with many golfers using their lifetime achievements to retain their priority status.  As a result, Na Rin An the Q-Series medalist, is pushed out to Priority #132.  Bianca Pagdanganan is #141 and Hinako Shibuno #153.

Good thing Shibuno automatically can play those 5 majors... Her #153 is still better in that there's less pressure to immediately perform prior to reshuffle than Bianca's #141, if you ask me...   Then again, it also means Hinako HAS to perform in any of those majors she's automatically entered into... T!t for tat..

Edited by HMHS
retyped the word T!t due to * with initial word LOL
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, KBong said:

Huh...how does Ayako Uehara and Charlotte Thomas qualify for category 2 & 3????

@KBong

Do you reckon it’s a first-draft prepared by that “LPGA website intern” you’ve previously mentioned?

Who are Ayako Uehara and Charlotte Thomas?

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

there's less pressure to immediately perform prior to reshuffle than Bianca's #141, if you ask me

Priority #1 for Bianca is to make cuts at Gainbridge, Drive On and JTBC and score enough to qualify for the Chevron.  

In a golf tournament, it's one shot at a time; it's one cut at a time for a season.

Just now, 18majors said:

Priority #1 for Bianca is to make cuts at Gainbridge, Drive On and JTBC and score enough to qualify for the Chevron.  

In a golf tournament, it's one shot at a time; it's one cut at a time for a season.

Yes, exactly, but making cuts and then making the top half of those cuts on the weekend ... she has made cuts but ended up lagging on the weekend which led to her troubles last year...

I'm actually surprised she's "barely" made it for Gainbridge despite #10 in Qseries -- but as you said, lots of golfers using their other status to gain entries (unfair to QSeries top 15-25 in my view but it is what it is)...

1 hour ago, JungleJimbo said:

@KBong

Do you reckon it’s a first-draft prepared by that “LPGA website intern” you’ve previously mentioned?

Who are Ayako Uehara and Charlotte Thomas?

Yup....gotta be the HS intern....but those are such obvious errors...still not corrected as I type....maybe some other errors too???

Years ago...when 1st hired......the HS intern created a blue on blue lpga.com website...WTH.

LPGA can be really Mickey Mouse at times.

A LPGA event in Ft. Myers with no GC coverage, no fans (except for members), etc.

LPGA BoD hiring Bivens and Mollie...WTH.

etc,

1 hour ago, Supermilo said:

I'm actually surprised she's "barely" made it for Gainbridge despite #10 in Qseries -- but as you said, lots of golfers using their other status to gain entries (unfair to QSeries top 15-25 in my view but it is what it is)...

As per tonyj from another site said.

The LPGA priority list can be a bit questionable???

Typically....the successful Q-School and Q-Series players who gain LPGA cards are 'superior' players and more 'popular' than the Symetra tour Top 10.

BUT

I guess ya gotta reward the players who toil on the Symetra tour all year long.

55 minutes ago, Ollies Dad said:

Regarding Ayako Uehara and Charlotte Thomas, note the asterisks by their names. They are returning from Medical Leaves, and they are placed in those categories because those numerical spots on the Priority List are where they were on the Priority List when they went on that leave. Same for Maternity Leaves like Michelle Wie West

Thanks, you're right.

Unfortunately, it's totally confusing because they were in different Priority Categories when they left for medical reasons; but they did this to preserve their Priority Numbers.

Disappointed that the Mediheal got moved from Lake Merced (Daly City) to Saticoy Club in Southern CA. The wife and I loved attending it in the past. No more tour stops in our area.

• Like 4

Epic Speed 9* (VeloCore Blue 6S))

SIM2 Ti 15* (Tour AD BB 6SR)

Apex UW 17* (stock HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 5.5)

0311XP Gen3 4-PW (Accra 90i S)

RTX ZipCore 52* Mid (DG Tour Issue)

SM9 58-10S (DG)

HiToe 64* (HiRev 2.0)
Eleven CS

Any urethane “X” ball

9 hours ago, 95124hacker said:

Disappointed that the Mediheal got moved from Lake Merced (Daly City) to Saticoy Club in Southern CA. The wife and I loved attending it in the past. No more tour stops in our area.

Because of Covid and more play....more clubs and their members don't want to give up their club for 2 weeks to host an event.

1 hour ago, capking said:

It’s crazy how much better the LPGA broadcast is than the PGA. Good tournament so far

What...you didn't like The Patrick Cantlay Show🤣...apart from Rahm who is not playing well...IMO....Amex doesn't have a great field.

The DP Tour event this week has a better field IMO.....but it's on late at night and I haven't bothered to record it....I might record the final rd.

1 hour ago, KBong said:

What...you didn't like The Patrick Cantlay Show🤣...apart from Rahm who is not playing well...IMO....Amex doesn't have a great field.

The DP Tour event this week has a better field IMO.....but it's on late at night and I haven't bothered to record it....I might record the final rd.

I watched Thursday which featured stars of the PGA tour of 2009 with Jimmy Walker 

• Haha 2

On 1/16/2022 at 7:43 PM, JungleJimbo said:

@Raving Shanker (or @Rapidcat @Supermilo?)

Did Stephanie Kyriacou compete in this WPGA? 

a month ago, the PGA of Australia did a write up to indicate Kyriacou would be participating (Link here: https://pga.org.au/news/rising-lpga-stars-confirmed-for-wpga-championship/)

...But! I didn’t see her name on the Leaderboard published today (Link here: https://pga.org.au/report/?tourn=0712&report=tmscores~season=2021~params=P*4ESC04~&class=aus)

...unless Kyriacou =now goes by “Stephanie Bunque”? (Finished T8?)

..p/s: Interesting story about Karis Davidson’s eventful completion of the recent LPGA Q-Series finals & how she almost got dinged (or DQ’d?) for her scorecard? (Link: https://www.golf.org.au/how-karis-davidson-survived-every-pro-golfers-worst-nightmare/)

..Edit: Belatedly googled & found out that Kyriacou and Sarah Kemp had to withdraw late, due to Covid.  https://www.golf.org.au/marquee-groups-finalised-for-fortinet-australian-pga-and-wpga-championships/ 

(Extract: "LPGA Tour players Stephanie Kyriacou and Sarah Kemp have been forced to withdraw from the tournament due to returning positive Covid cases.

Kyriacou returned two positive RAT tests on Tuesday which was confirmed by a PCR test on Wednesday afternoon.

Kemp also returned two positive RATs on Wednesday morning and as a PCR result won’t be known prior to the commencement of the tournament has been forced to withdraw.") 

Hi JJ,

Sorry, missed your post.

Kyriacou did not play. Stayed in the US I would guess. Bunque is a different human being - a tall big hitter in the style of Pagdanganan, but with an Aussie accent.

• Like 1

Many of you will be familiar with the No Laying Up crew and their regular podcasts.

A few days ago they had a full 50 minute episode with Leona Maguire being interviewed.

Most regulars on here will realise that I am a Leona fan so this content has particular interest to me but there are some real general insights into pro and amateur (inc Duke/college) ranks that is interesting to many women's golf fans. Some examples:

• women's golf momentum incl women's open prizemoney increase
  • golf course design
  • Solheim cup incl some difference between Euro and US team prep and event management
  • issues in transitioning from am to pro
  • caddie management
  • stat analysis with the expanded KPMG support (no surprise there as she is sponsored by KPMG Ireland) but interesting that she has done some analysis.

Here's the link, I outlined the above so that you know a little of what you will get if you invest the time to listen:

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/nlu-podcast-episode-514-leona-maguire/id880837011?i=1000548298141

BTW, you don't need apple/IOS on your phone/PC to listen to this, I listened on a Windows laptop.

It is enjoyable to listen to an intelligent person prepared to go a little deeper than some and have the articulation to do it justice, she settles in nicely after 5 minutes or so and it almost becomes a friendly chat but with some gems dropping along the way. Future Solheim cup captain in the making. The No Laying Up questions are interesting, they usually do a decent job.

Looking forward to see what she does this season.

• Like 3

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

2 hours ago, Rapidcat said:

Many of you will be familiar with the No Laying Up crew and their regular podcasts.

A few days ago they had a full 50 minute episode with Leona Maguire being interviewed.

Most regulars on here will realise that I am a Leona fan so this content has particular interest to me but there are some real general insights into pro and amateur (inc Duke/college) ranks that is interesting to many women's golf fans. Some examples:

• women's golf momentum incl women's open prizemoney increase
  • golf course design
  • Solheim cup incl some difference between Euro and US team prep and event management
  • issues in transitioning from am to pro
  • caddie management
  • stat analysis with the expanded KPMG support (no surprise there as she is sponsored by KPMG Ireland) but interesting that she has done some analysis.

Here's the link, I outlined the above so that you know a little of what you will get if you invest the time to listen:

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/nlu-podcast-episode-514-leona-maguire/id880837011?i=1000548298141

BTW, you don't need apple/IOS on your phone/PC to listen to this, I listened on a Windows laptop.

It is enjoyable to listen to an intelligent person prepared to go a little deeper than some and have the articulation to do it justice, she settles in nicely after 5 minutes or so and it almost becomes a friendly chat but with some gems dropping along the way. Future Solheim cup captain in the making. The No Laying Up questions are interesting, they usually do a decent job.

Looking forward to see what she does this season.

I only skimmed...not interested to listen to the entire podcast...what time in the podcast do they discuss caddy mgmt?

I'm glad that she's on the right track to improve proximity to the hole...IMO...a key indicator to success.

https://www.titleist.com/teamtitleist/b/tourblog/posts/hudson-swafford-claims-his-third-pga-tour-victory-on-pga-west-s-stadium-course?&sc_src=email_1975457&sc_lid=178680910&sc_uid=gEvLngtXpP&sc_llid=360639&utm_source=Emarsys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MKT-Leadership-DanielleKang-20220124&sc_customer=3206533#TSiLPGA

As per a previous pic we saw in the Hilton thread....Old Ko playing a TSi3 driver.

Patty T gaming a TSi2 driver???

She has/had?? a bag full of Pings...including a 410.

I bought a used Ping 410 in Sept to replace my TM M3....yes....although I heard and can now confirm ....since the G series...Ping has made some really forgiving driver heads.

I'm luving the 410.

The TSi2 is fugly...too elongated.

Edited by KBong

44 minutes ago, KBong said:

https://www.titleist.com/teamtitleist/b/tourblog/posts/hudson-swafford-claims-his-third-pga-tour-victory-on-pga-west-s-stadium-course?&sc_src=email_1975457&sc_lid=178680910&sc_uid=gEvLngtXpP&sc_llid=360639&utm_source=Emarsys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MKT-Leadership-DanielleKang-20220124&sc_customer=3206533#TSiLPGA

As per a previous pic we saw in the Hilton thread....Old Ko playing a TSi3 driver.

Patty T gaming a TSi2 driver???

She has/had?? a bag full of Pings...including a 410.

I bought a used Ping 410 in Sept to replace my TM M3....yes....although I heard and can now confirm ....since the G series...Ping has made some really forgiving driver heads.

I'm luving the 410.

The TSi2 is fugly...too elongated.

Gaby and Danielle also playing the TSi3. 

• Like 2

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

1 hour ago, Argonne69 said:

Gaby and Danielle also playing the TSi3. 

I only mentioned Patty & Lydia cause Titleist only mentioned them in stealth fashion and I'm not taking about TM's new driver.🤣

TM hit another marketing home run to con all the POSER"s.

Lots of guys ordering the Stealth.

Not too much chatter on Cally or Cobra's new drivers.

Considering it's a LPGA thread...has anyone here met or know a woman's who is a club ho....if so.....she must be an UNICORN....I'm not talking about a pro or elite Am female player.

I didn't know Gaby was sporting a TSi3.

5 hours ago, KBong said:

I only skimmed...not interested to listen to the entire podcast...what time in the podcast do they discuss caddy mgmt?

It was somewhere around the middle - sorry, didn't make a note of the exact time.

Oh, too add, I'm impressed that YOU listened to any of it😄

Edited by Rapidcat
  • Haha 1

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

29 minutes ago, Rapidcat said:

It was somewhere around the middle - sorry, didn't make a note of the exact time.

Oh, too add, I'm impressed that YOU listened to any of it😄

Ya...I'm a not a Leona fanboy...though I do like Dukie's.

I'm interested in caddy stuff.

I assume you're watching the AO.

Lots of my gal fav's went down...actually a lot seeded players GAGGED.

I hope Shapo and Felix advance...but I'm not confident.

Have you ever been to the AO?

My sister used to be a tennis fangirl...so I've been to 2 tennis events in Toronto with her when I was on vacation.

She doesn't like women's tennis.

They alter events in Montreal & Toronto and never saw the women play.

As much as I don't care for ECP...I don't like Bianca A.

I did like Eugene...SMOKESHOW.🤣

5 minutes ago, KBong said:

Ya...I'm a not a Leona fanboy...though I do like Dukie's.

I'm interested in caddy stuff.

I assume you're watching the AO.

Lots of my gal fav's went down...actually a lot seeded players GAGGED.

I hope Shapo and Felix advance...but I'm not confident.

Have you ever been to the AO?

My sister used to be a tennis fangirl...so I've been to 2 tennis events in Toronto with her when I was on vacation.

She doesn't like women's tennis.

They alter events in Montreal & Toronto and never saw the women play.

As much as I don't care for ECP...I don't like Bianca A.

I did like Eugene...SMOKESHOW.🤣

Watching a little of the AO and have been a couple of times way back but I usually find tennis very boring watch.

Really hot conditions with stifling humidity this week so tough on the players - mid 30'sC/100F outside today which will be a lot hotter on court.

• Like 1

Just now, Rapidcat said:

Watching a little of the AO and have been a couple of times way back but I usually find tennis very boring watch.

Really hot conditions with stifling humidity this week so tough on the players - mid 30'sC/100F outside today which will be a lot hotter on court.

Tennis tickets are crazy expensive nowadays....actually have been that way for a while.

It's only recently that I knew NCAA women's golf has a limited schedule:

Women's college golf: 2022 spring conference previews

"Forget best team in the Pac-12 this season, Stanford might be the best women’s team ever. The Cardinal won all four of their fall events by a combined 41 shots, and they did so while missing several stars at different points in the season. The most impressive team win was at the Pac-12 Preview, where Stanford beat USC by four shots despite playing without top-ranked amateur Rose Zhang, third-ranked amateur Rachel Heck and talented freshman Caroline Sturdza. Zhang won each of her three starts while Heck, who won the Annika Award and five titles as a freshman, only posted one top-10 in two fall starts, but figures to find her groove this spring on a squad that currently boasts four top-25 amateurs in the world. "

stanford_windy21_1920_zhang.jpg

Edited by 18majors

14 hours ago, Rapidcat said:

Barty should clean up on the woman's side.