Colorado WRX 2022

pseudoswede

1 hour ago, Joelness said:

Honestly, I liked it. 18 was stupid but I don't remember the tree that dancin is talking about on 2 at all, maybe it has already been cut down?

It was hole 16 I think (2 holes before 18). The tee box markers might have been in a different place for you. When I played it was not good. Here it is https://www.google.com/maps/place/39°15'40.5"N+104°59'32.2"W/@39.2612521,-104.9933749,406m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m13!1m6!3m5!1s0x876ca0da3bf37dc5:0xc506684d739bdd59!2sPerry+Park+Country+Club!8m2!3d39.259747!4d-104.983978!3m5!1s0x0:0x9a3569998bbed74b!7e2!8m2!3d39.2612359!4d-104.9922706?hl=en

And yeah it's not Phelp's worst, but saying it is better than Colorado Golf Club and Castle Pines in Denver is ridiculous.

Edited by Dancin

1 hour ago, Dancin said:

It was hole 16 I think (2 holes before 18). The tee box markers might have been in a different place for you. When I played it was not good. Here it is https://www.google.com/maps/place/39°15'40.5"N+104°59'32.2"W/@39.2612521,-104.9933749,406m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m13!1m6!3m5!1s0x876ca0da3bf37dc5:0xc506684d739bdd59!2sPerry+Park+Country+Club!8m2!3d39.259747!4d-104.983978!3m5!1s0x0:0x9a3569998bbed74b!7e2!8m2!3d39.2612359!4d-104.9922706?hl=en

And yeah it's not Phelp's worst, but saying it is better than Colorado Golf Club and Castle Pines in Denver is ridiculous.

Ohhhhh, yeah the tree on 16 was definitely still there.

Agreed, CGC is my fav in the state so far. I'm still dreaming about playing Castle Pines (GC and CC)

40 minutes ago, Joelness said:

Ohhhhh, yeah the tree on 16 was definitely still there.

Agreed, CGC is my fav in the state so far. I'm still dreaming about playing Castle Pines (GC and CC)

Played Castle Pines GC 3 years ago. Its a really good course but I think I was expecting more from it and maybe over hyped it in my mind.  Did not walk off thinking it was in my top 20 courses.  It is for sure worth playing once.   I was hoping to "sneak" on the CC but no luck, still on my list to try. 

Not sure relevant but the person I played with left CPGC after 20+ years of being a member.  He lived on the CC.  It was not a $$$ issue, he said he just had enough of whatever was going on. Just said F' it on day.    I know Cherry Hills CC that same thing went down 1-2 years ago over the club house and other aspects that a bunch of members dropped out as I recall.   

On 1/1/2022 at 4:18 PM, pseudoswede said:

Happy 2022, everyone! I'll repeat what we used as an ice-breaker from last year...

• What are you looking to improve with your game this year?
  • What gear do plan on buying this year?
  • Do you plan on joining a club or league this year?
  • Any fun golf trips planned?

Been a while since I’ve posted here. 

* Irons, Irons, more Irons. Once my strength….Killing me now

* Maybe a driver fitting. Haven’t had one in 6 years. 

* Most likely going to join Colorado National 

* Scottsdale April, Tucson November. Yearly guys trip. 

• Like 1

What up everyone. Looking forward to 2022. Hope to play with some of you all. Hope to play in CGA qualifiers and tournaments and other invitationals along the front range. 

Working on the swing virtually with a pro in Phoenix area over the winter. I film stuff on my iPhone or LiveView and text him clips and we do a FaceTime lesson every 2-4 weeks. It’s fun. Been doing slow-mo, no club, body-only work to really break things down. It feels good, like I’m moving in the right direction. 

Feel really good from 120 in and putting. 

Ditched 3W for now. Can’t remember last time I got along with 3W. Replaced it with a PXG driving iron that seems pretty sweet. Doesn’t go quite as far but has the low ball flight and tight dispersion I want for the next club under driver. 

Who’s the best putter fitter in CO? Like someone who really knows their s***. Not someone I have to be suspicious of. I want to get my putting so super dialed in this year. Just like leaving all long putts dead-weight and deadly from 15 feet and in. 

Oh also got appointed to the Fort Collins City golf board over the winter, so that’s cool. Been to two board meetings so far. Very interesting to see how Collindale, Southridge, and City Park Nine do their thing. Feels good to be a part of keeping them going. 

What are people thinking about Rain Dance in Windsor? That supposed to open this summer. 

Lets play some golf this year!

Edited by bobbyclampett!!
Typos
  • Like 3

Driver - Paradym, 10.5 (or TM Mini BRNR 11.5)

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Wedges - Vokey SM9 (52, 56, 60) all M grinds

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

Also forgot to say I’m looking forward to trying the Ping Glide 4.0 wedges. I have really liked the 2.0 for the last couple years. Didn’t care for the 3.0 look. But the 4.0s looked legit. 

Still love my G400 Max. I don’t see anything kicking that out. 

I think I’ve got my putter specs dialed in (36.5”, 70 degree lie angle) and I think it would be fun to mess around with a bunch of different putters in those specs and kind of have a stable. Maybe try out a fancy putter shaft like the new MMT or an Accra. Pair that with a new Ping PLD head?

Still liking my i200 irons. Haven’t had anything just blow those out of the water, although I did enjoy hitting the T100s, Apex Pros, and ZX7s. 

So with most of the clubs set that’s why I think it’s fun to mess around with different putters. 

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

My parents used to be members of Country Club at Castle Pines for about a decade, so I would play it regularly. They got tired of having to pay 4-figure (sometimes 5-figure) assessments (on top of monthly dues and monthly F&B minimums) nearly every year because the club wanted to renovate anything and everything on a regular basis. They now play every day on a golf course in a retirement community in Orange County paying $10 green fees and couldn't be happier.

It's a very beautiful course with some very tough holes. I do find it funny that the course starts out like Red Hawk Ridge and Fossil Trace--downhill par 5 1st hole that's easily gettable in two for an ego-boosting birdie followed by a downhill par 4. The par 5 11th is absolutely brutal with a group of trees in the middle of the average landing area with a narrow green that slopes front to back. That one still gives me nightmares. During The International, many of the pros didn't like the Castle Pines Golf Club range, so they would do their longer range sessions at CCCP, which was flat as far as the eye could see on top of the bluff. Speaking of which, CPGC is totally redoing their range. Currently nothing but dirt.

Edited by pseudoswede
  • Like 2

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Per e-mail I just got...

Looks like Trent Werner is getting kicked out of Meridian Golf Club at the end of the month. The range members will take over his part of the range. He's going to be operating out of four golf courses going forward: Inverness Golf Club, Murphy Creek, Colorado National Golf Club, and Meadow Hills Golf Course (cue the "One of these things is not like the other" song).

My guess is that they will do a gut/renovation of Trent's office and put in a lot of golf simulators.

Hi everybody! I'll be moving to the Colorado Springs area this summer (should be July timeframe) from Louisiana (I'm active duty military). I've been to the area a handful of times before, on a guys trip and played out at Broadmoor, Bear Dance and Fossil Trace. Any recommendations as to good courses to join to play/practice? I've been blessed with some year round golf down here (small CC close to me, low muni quality; and I'm a distance member at Squire Creek near Ruston). Any tips on areas to live (myself and my 84lb German Shepherd) would be much appreciated too! Look forward to exploring the area (I hike and mountain/road bike as well)! 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Madhoshi said:

Hi everybody! I'll be moving to the Colorado Springs area this summer (should be July timeframe) from Louisiana (I'm active duty military). I've been to the area a handful of times before, on a guys trip and played out at Broadmoor, Bear Dance and Fossil Trace. Any recommendations as to good courses to join to play/practice? I've been blessed with some year round golf down here (small CC close to me, low muni quality; and I'm a distance member at Squire Creek near Ruston). Any tips on areas to live (myself and my 84lb German Shepherd) would be much appreciated too! Look forward to exploring the area (I hike and mountain/road bike as well)! 

You've got the best deal in golf in the US by being in the military. The Blue course at the air force academy is probably the best military course in the US. Then you have the other course at the academy plus the Cheyenne Shadows course at Fort Carson which is pretty good too. They have some really cheap annual passes for current/ex military members and if not an annual pass, the daily rates are really cheap.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dancin said:

You've got the best deal in golf in the US by being in the military. The Blue course at the air force academy is probably the best military course in the US. Then you have the other course at the academy plus the Cheyenne Shadows course at Fort Carson which is pretty good too. They have some really cheap annual passes for current/ex military members and if not an annual pass, the daily rates are really cheap.

This is ON POINT! Just invite us to the blue now and then, it's AWESOME 😉.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dancin said:

Isn't Patty Jewett, an army course, also awesome?

Also: don't forget about my request for info on best putter fitters in CO! I'm serious!

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

19 minutes ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

Also: don't forget about my request for info on best putter fitters in CO! I'm serious!

I can only speak from my own experience, but I got fit for putters through Club Champion (they use the SAM Puttlab) and through Gott (who used Quintic Ball Roll).  I'm not sure of the strengths or weaknesses of the systems so can't really speak to that.  However it seems based on both fittings, it's really a question of finding someone to just figure out what style of head and weighting (face, toe, etc.) is best for your putting stroke.  Once you figure that out, I think the possibilities are endless in terms of finding a head that can work for you.  After picking that out, using the SAM or Quintic machines help dial in loft and lie to fit you best.  I guess you'd also need to decide if paying for something like a Stability Shaft is worth it for you, not sure that will show up in the numbers during a fitting but again, who knows.     

I think you also need to really decide if you want to find the best on the shelf putter for you from an OEM or whether you want a smaller/more custom fit putter like Edel. 

I've heard good stuff about Stan Sayers, he does Edel putter fittings and does them out of Colorado Golf Club I think.  I've never hit an Edel putter but anyone I've talked to about them really likes them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, birdiemachine said:

CGGC raised pass price to $3k and no more discount for renewals. I think a lot of prices will go up given the crazy inflation for fertilizer, seed and really everything. Feels like Carter era malaise about to take over. 

Given last year's discussion about Commonground, it's also an unabashed money grab. Do they cap the number of passes sold? It would be interesting to see if they increase the number available.

In good news, The Links processed my credit card on Monday, so the wife and I are in the couples league this summer. 🙂

Edited by pseudoswede
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, pseudoswede said:

Given last year's discussion about Commonground, it's also an unabashed money grab. Do they cap the number of passes sold? It would be interesting to see if they increase the number available.

In good news, The Links processed my credit card on Monday, so the wife and I are in the couples league this summer. 🙂

Do I like it? No, but prices had been unchanged for 5 years so I understand it. Guess I won’t be getting that new Stealth driver. There will a lot of substitution effects over the next few years. 

22 hours ago, birdiemachine said:

CGGC raised pass price to $3k and no more discount for renewals. I think a lot of prices will go up given the crazy inflation for fertilizer, seed and really everything. Feels like Carter era malaise about to take over. 

Darn, I was thinking of pulling the trigger on this earlier in the year too....oh well, still might do it, what was it before, $2,750 or so?  Not surprised they're raising the rates.  

Also did the CG app go away?  It disappeared from the app store and stopped working.  Wonder if they're doing a new one or just eliminating it.  

25 minutes ago, ASak10 said:

Darn, I was thinking of pulling the trigger on this earlier in the year too....oh well, still might do it, what was it before, $2,750 or so?  Not surprised they're raising the rates.  

Also did the CG app go away?  It disappeared from the app store and stopped working.  Wonder if they're doing a new one or just eliminating it.  

$2500. $2100 for renewal. App still working for me on iPhone. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hardrain said:

Anyone been out to Four Mile Ranch this winter? How is it playing?

Thinking about going down on Sunday. They said at this point they think there is about an 80% chance it will be open.

I think Dancin did recently.  A few post / pages back noted on it.   Think he noted conditions are as expected for this time and year and the greens are a bit bummpy.   Do like that course, fun to play.

Edit:  post was on page 2

Edited by CDM
  • Like 1

St Patrick's Day Scramble at Arrowhead

Friday, Saturday, or Sunday

$440 per team

Includes golf, breakfast, and lunch

https://golfhub.golfgenius.com/clubs/3758870b-7917-4a23-9bd9-666045fcf348/open_event

I suppose I could be convinced to play Saturday or Sunday with the caveat that I haven't swung a club since October (save for a night three weeks ago at Top Golf with their crappy clubs) and no chance to swing them at all--even with a trip to Phoenix next month (even with my boss insisting I bring my clubs since he'll be there at the same time).

Edited by pseudoswede

16 hours ago, pseudoswede said:

$440 per team

https://golfhub.golfgenius.com/clubs/3758870b-7917-4a23-9bd9-666045fcf348/open_event

I suppose I could be convinced to play Saturday or Sunday with the caveat that I haven't swung a club since October (save for a night three weeks ago at Top Golf with their crappy clubs) and no chance to swing them at all--even with a trip to Phoenix next month (even with my boss insisting I bring my clubs since he'll be there at the same time).

Clicked link and Saturday says $220?  So they are letting twosomes go also?  They just pairing you up I guess?

Edited by CDM

8 minutes ago, CDM said:

Clicked link and Saturday says $220?  So they are letting twosomes go also?  They just pairing you up I guess?

Looks like twosomes are an option all three days.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 5:21 PM, pseudoswede said:

$440 per team

I could be convinced to play on the weekend.