Colorado WRX 2022

pseudoswede

On 2/19/2022 at 5:21 PM, pseudoswede said:

St Patrick's Day Scramble at Arrowhead

Friday, Saturday, or Sunday

$440 per team

Includes golf, breakfast, and lunch

https://golfhub.golfgenius.com/clubs/3758870b-7917-4a23-9bd9-666045fcf348/open_event

I suppose I could be convinced to play Saturday or Sunday with the caveat that I haven't swung a club since October (save for a night three weeks ago at Top Golf with their crappy clubs) and no chance to swing them at all--even with a trip to Phoenix next month (even with my boss insisting I bring my clubs since he'll be there at the same time).

My brother and I were the last two to sign up on Sunday the 20th.

• Like 2

hey gang, it's been a while. i hope all is well and that everyone's new year is off to a great start.

after about 6 months of sitting on the bad news about my shoulder i've decided to sell all of my golf equipment except my putter. it's the only club i can still swing and i love that damned thing 🙂

i plan to put everything (except staff bag and clicgear 8.0 push cart) in the BST. but i was also wondering if it were appropriate to share some things in this thread if anyone wanted to purchase something for local pickup. i'm in RiNo now, FYI.

anyway, i've got a couple of sets of buttery mp5's on 130g c-tapers, 4 almost new vokey wedges (& driver, woods, other accessories, etc...) collecting dust, and it's time i get rid of the past and find some new hobbies. sad decision but also a bit cathartic.

let me know if any of you guys are interested, thanks!

p.s. if anyone is interested in the aqua golf putt putt league later this year, let me know. depending on work schedule i would be totally down.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, hoselpalooza said:

after about 6 months of sitting on the bad news about my shoulder i've decided to sell all of my golf equipment except my putter. it's the only club i can still swing and i love that damned thing 🙂

anyway, i've got a couple of sets of buttery mp5's on 130g c-tapers, 4 almost new vokey wedges (& driver, woods, other accessories, etc...) collecting dust, and it's time i get rid of the past and find some new hobbies. sad decision but also a bit cathartic.

Sorry to hear you're hanging 'em up. I'm guessing you also can't take up axe throwing as a new hobby. 🙂 

Please post deets on the wedges.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

14 hours ago, hoselpalooza said:

hey gang, it's been a while. i hope all is well and that everyone's new year is off to a great start.

i plan to put everything (except staff bag and clicgear 8.0 push cart) in the BST. but i was also wondering if it were appropriate to share some things in this thread if anyone wanted to purchase something for local pickup. i'm in RiNo now, FYI.

p.s. if anyone is interested in the aqua golf putt putt league later this year, let me know. depending on work schedule i would be totally down.

This like seriously broke my heart. I am so sorry, hosel! If it's any more cathartic, please feel free to share here about what happened with your shoulder and what led to your decision. If not, I totally understand that, too.

I wish you the best on your journey to find new hobbies!

• Thanks 1

Driver - Paradym, 10.5 (or TM Mini BRNR 11.5)

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Wedges - Vokey SM9 (52, 56, 60) all M grinds

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

18 hours ago, hoselpalooza said:

Sorry to hear that..! I feel for you..!!  Nothing they can do to fix it??  I will say the AXE throwing comment by @pseudoswede did make me laugh though...

Asking as a good friend who is / jokingly was a scratch golfer had his entire right shoulder done late November. It has been a b*tch for him. like  He can barely move his shoulder still.  He is crossing his fingers he will be able to play by late May/early June but as of late he is not hopeful.   

Last year at the end of June I had some odd happen that took the doctors until 2 weeks ago figure it out. Took 8 months...!    I was lucky though I could still play, though It took 2-3 months after it happen to be able to swing somewhat normal or should say turn through the ball.  I am seeing a neck surgeon today at 4pm to discuss options and potential Disc replacement in my kneck.......  The joys of stupid things we did when younger  🤣   

• Thanks 1

Bleepin' expensive...

https://raindanceresort.com/memberships

11 hours ago, pseudoswede said:

Bleepin' expensive...

I might try to get a round in out there this year and see what it's like. I don't see any way I would say it would have to be like Ballyneal good to join (although I've never played there, just heard it is incredible). I wonder how Raindance compares to TPC Colorado (which I've also not played yet).

As of right now, there is a fantastic, walkable, enjoyable, demanding test of golf (Collindale) five minutes from my house where I can play as much as I want for, at most, $2,000 a year. Until I achieve my goals out there, and with all the tournaments I like to play, it just don't make sense to join this new joint.

• Like 1

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

10 hours ago, deadsolid...shank said:

Out of my price range. 

if I’m not mistaken, it’s not even fully private. 

Friends are in the member side per se at Pelican lakes and her and her husband were thinking if price was right they would join, not sure that will happen now.   

She did say the same thing that is may not be full private

Edited by CDM

14 hours ago, pseudoswede said:

Bleepin' expensive...

A big NOPE in my book.  Too many good public courses in the area to choose from.

• Like 4

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

CGA is running a silent auction with some pretty solid golf courses, including Sanctuary (currently $2500 for a foursome).

https://www.charityauctionstoday.com/auctions/2022-cga-season-kick-off-auction-29413

• Like 1

7 hours ago, deadsolid...shank said:

We’ll start earlier this year planning a round. Maybe grab BobbyClampet too since it sounds like he close……if he’ll play with a couple old duffers. 

Absolutely.  I've got a month to whip my game into respectable shape before a trip to Georgia.  I'm meeting up with three of my long time friends to play a round in Atlanta before heading to a small golf tournament for a day.   

• Like 2

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

4 hours ago, RobotDoctor said:

Absolutely.  I've got a month to whip my game into respectable shape before a trip to Georgia.  I'm meeting up with three of my long time friends to play a round in Atlanta before heading to a small golf tournament for a day.   

Just a little tournament, huh!?😀

Judging by the snow this morning it might be a month before we play here again!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, deadsolid...shank said:

It is a little warmer than this where I am currently at.  😁  I am not golfing here, just spent a few days just south of here.

image.png.0ff8682902da31dc494f919ba49b6284.png

I am heading back to Charlotte, NC for week 3 of a 3 week project and will be home next weekend.  I am not looking forward to the colder weather.  😔

• Like 1

13 hours ago, deadsolid...shank said:

We’ll start earlier this year planning a round. Maybe grab BobbyClampet too since it sounds like he close……if he’ll play with a couple old duffers. 

I love playing with old duffers (especially those that have found ways to attend small tournaments in Georgia in the spring)! I hope to be one myself some day! I am all for it. Tons of good options around here. I'm up for whatever.

• Like 2

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

50 minutes ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

I love playing with old duffers (especially those that have found ways to attend small tournaments in Georgia in the spring)! I hope to be one myself some day! I am all for it. Tons of good options around here. I'm up for whatever.

This old duffer has yet to find a way to attend that small tournament. 

But I’m really looking forward to playing Collindale again, it’s been several years. 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 8:16 AM, deadsolid...shank said:

We got a tiny dusting in Longmont over the weekend. None of it was even on the ground this morning.

We will see how much we get Wednesday but I'm looking at a lot of grass around here!

1 hour ago, Joelness said:

We got a tiny dusting in Longmont over the weekend. None of it was even on the ground this morning.

We will see how much we get Wednesday but I'm looking at a lot of grass around here!

Yeah, it didn’t amount to nearly what I thought it was going to. Depending on Wednesday there might be a possibility for this weekend. 

On Saturday night, my kids were at the Mission Ballroom for a show, and the Mrs. and I went to Linger having dinner. We sat down at 8:40pm; it absolutely dumped snow for about 90 minutes. About 3 inches of wet, heavy snow. It stopped snowing, we drove to another bar for after-dinner drinks, starting dumping snow again (probably another inch), then stopped as we drove to pick up the kids. Parker didn't get as much snow as downtown did.

On Sunday, we got another 2-3 inches throughout the day.

It will be touching 90 in Phoenix next week. I'm actually looking forward to it.

Edited by pseudoswede

On 3/7/2022 at 3:05 PM, deadsolid...shank said:

Yeah, it didn’t amount to nearly what I thought it was going to. Depending on Wednesday there might be a possibility for this weekend. 

I ended up booking 9:10 @ Ute Creek sunday. Feel free to add yourself if you want. Looks like it should be melted based on what I have at my house.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Joelness said:

I ended up booking 9:10 @ Ute Creek sunday. Feel free to add yourself if you want. Looks like it should be melted based on what I have at my house.

Thanks Joel, I think we’re tied up Sunday, but I’m ready to play there and Fox Hill soon. I’d just rather my first swings in two months are somewhere free!

BTW, do you play in the spring skins? 

3 minutes ago, Dancin said:

It's a good course, but it's nothing amazing worth taking a vacation day and driving all the way down there to play it though.

What’s the one that everyone says is the best? Colorado Golf Club? Why do they all have the same name?!?

• Like 1

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

53 minutes ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

What’s the one that everyone says is the best? Colorado Golf Club? Why do they all have the same name?!?

Country Club of Colorado

Colorado Golf Club

Colorado National Golf Club

Then you have...

The Ridge at Castle Pines North

Castle Pines Golf Club

Country Club at Castle Pines (people often think this is The International course)

Cherry Hills Country Club

Cherry Creek Country Club (I say this one and people think I'm talking about Cherry Hills)

Edited by pseudoswede
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, pseudoswede said:

Country Club of Colorado

Colorado Golf Club

Colorado National Golf Club

Then you have...

The Ridge at Castle Pines North

Castle Pines Golf Club

Country Club at Castle Pines (people often think this is The International course)

Cherry Hills Country Club

Cherry Creek Country Club (I say this one and people think I'm talking about Cherry Hills)

It does my head in! Don’t even get me started about all the “Highland” courses and the “Creek” and “River” and “Bear” courses. As a guy from Wyo where there is one course in each town and that course is called that town’s name, it’s very hard to get oriented! But it’s a god problem to have. I’m sure for the most part once I play each one I won’t forget which one is which. 

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1