2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Colorado WRX 2022

pseudoswede

15 hours ago, deadsolid...shank said:

Thanks Joel, I think we’re tied up Sunday, but I’m ready to play there and Fox Hill soon. I’d just rather my first swings in two months are somewhere free!

BTW, do you play in the spring skins? 

I never have but I need to sign up. When is it?

15 hours ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

What did you all say about Country Club of Colorado? Was that a good one? There is a CGA Am qualifier there on July 13. 

I like CC of CO. It's a solid Dye track. I'm planning on going to that qualifier also as it's a private track that I really like. Last time I qualified for the AM I did it there.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Joelness said:

I never have but I need to sign up. When is it?

i don’t know yet. The guy I played with in the fall just texted about it. I asked him for the dates but he didn’t know. Thought it was around the end on March, First of April. 
If I find out I’ll pass it along. 

1 hour ago, 007iron said:

Anyone who qualifies for the Am this year feel free to hit me up for a practice round as my office is down the street from RVR; I've got some knowledge on the course; although it's pretty straightforward - hit it close and make some putts.

Ooh lucky! I love RVR. One of my favorite courses ever. Haven't played there in ages, hope it's still awesome. I bet it is, if they are holding CGA Am there. 

That's cool @Joelness you qualified for the CGA Am! That's some stiff competition. That's a goal of mine this year. I qualifed for the State Mid-Am last year (with an eagle on 18 at Buffalo Run!) and it was a blast. I don't think I tried to qualify for the Am last year. Trying to decide between Country Club of Colorado and that Greeley Highlands one, which is closer to me. Courses that favor me are longer, wider tracks with big greens (like Buffalo Run). I'm pretty sure that's not Highlands Greeley...

Driver - Paradym, 10.5 (or TM Mini BRNR 11.5)

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Wedges - Vokey SM9 (52, 56, 60) all M grinds

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

9 hours ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

Ooh lucky! I love RVR. One of my favorite courses ever. Haven't played there in ages, hope it's still awesome. I bet it is, if they are holding CGA Am there. 

That's cool @Joelness you qualified for the CGA Am! That's some stiff competition. That's a goal of mine this year. I qualifed for the State Mid-Am last year (with an eagle on 18 at Buffalo Run!) and it was a blast. I don't think I tried to qualify for the Am last year. Trying to decide between Country Club of Colorado and that Greeley Highlands one, which is closer to me. Courses that favor me are longer, wider tracks with big greens (like Buffalo Run). I'm pretty sure that's not Highlands Greeley...

…….it’s definitely not Bobby. 😀

On 3/11/2022 at 12:00 PM, bobbyclampett!! said:

RVR is a fun track. Congrats on qualifying last year, especially by doing it with an eagle on the last. That is some incredibly clutch golf. Did you end up making the cut at City Park? CC of CO will definitely be more open than Highland Hills. Looks like there is another qualifier that is still marked TBD also, might be a better one.

At the very least, I like the opportunity to play that course when I get the chance to.

Played south suburban yesterday. It was a wonderful walk and I thought it was in pretty good conditions all things considered. Felt good to be back out!

• Like 2

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

Been awhile since I've logged on...or even played, sigh. My job has gotten kinda crazy starting in November so I haven't been able to put any time into practicing, which is going to be painful since I haven't swung a club since early November, my game was trash to finish last season, and I have our first men's club even in less than two weeks! I'm pretty sure there is no way I'm going to be able to play to my current handicap... 😆

• What are you looking to improve with your game this year?

I really need to figure out my driver. The second half of last season, I completely lost it. I'm sure more things will pop up tomorrow as I hit up the range which will likely be sad. I'm hoping to continue to improve my short game - I made a lot of good strides last season. I just hope I can keep my handicap in the single digits...

• What gear do plan on buying this year?

I picked up a new SM8 58* with my men's club credit from last year. I will likely get the new SM9 50* and 54* since I have some gift cards from xmas. I'd love to get a new driver, but until I can get a consistent swing again, there is no point in doing so. 

• Do you plan on joining a club or league this year?

I joined South Suburban again this year.

• Any fun golf trips planned?

Heading out to Michigan for a 3-day trip to play 90 holes at Boyne resort where they have several courses. I head to the Toronto area shortly thereafter, so I might try to get a round in again at TPC Toronto. I played there a few years ago and loved it. 

• Like 2

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

8 hours ago, Joelness said:

RVR is a fun track. Congrats on qualifying last year, especially by doing it with an eagle on the last. That is some incredibly clutch golf. Did you end up making the cut at City Park? CC of CO will definitely be more open than Highland Hills. Looks like there is another qualifier that is still marked TBD also, might be a better one.

At the very least, I like the opportunity to play that course when I get the chance to.

When do they have the qualifier at Highland Hills?

Guess I could go look it up. 

Edited by deadsolid...shank

All you guys talking about playing is killing me.  Glad you are all out getting the season rolling. 

Last year Dancin and I were in Bandon and I had an issue happen that was unexplained that took 8 months to resolve.  If you have not played with Dancin you know its because he is like the energizer bunny of golf HAHAHA

4 weeks in a solid neck brace, 4 weeks in a soft neck brace and 3-4 weeks PT after.   

Once the neuro's figured out it was a ASAP surgery since two disc in my neck collapsed and were compressing my spinal cord.  C4-C5-C6 neck fusion surgery last week 😂   Good news a week in it appears the procdure went very well, now just healing and 110% looking to getting back to normal (or as normal as can be)

Once good I am going on a terror of playing.... so expect hits up to play and if you want to play PD I plan on going every 3 weeks min..!

Will be watching this thread with ENVY for 3 months........ 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dancin said:

I'm sensing a veiled accusation that my golf somehow screwed up his spine. Note that we couldn't play that fast as Bandon was packed and rounds were in the 4 hour range. 😂

HAHAHA NO JK...we have played enough prior to know that is not the cause. To many years of other sports that caused the issues.

10 hours ago, fightthenoise said:

Can anybody recommend a course in the highway 36 corridor that has the best practice bunkers? I need to crawl into one and stay there till May. 

Hrm...... best bunkers in that strip are likely Walnut Creek or Legacy Ridge.  Those two courses are always in great shape. Try Walnut first as their practice area is much better than the postage stamp at Legacy. The best practice area (and it's not close) is Eagle Trace, but typically their bunkers suck. I haven't been in years though so maybe they are better?

12 hours ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

Nah, I missed the cut at City Park. I think I shot 74-76. I didn't hit it too bad, just couldn't get anything going. My buddy made the cut. He shot 68-74-71, I believe, even par for the tournament. I think he made Top 10 so he's automatically qualified for this year. I caddied for him on the final day. It was fun and inspirational to see how the next level elite ams play and what separates me from them. I'd say it was mostly iron play. Inspired me to take some on-line lessons this winter with both a swing coach and a putting coach. I would film my swings and send them off and get text feedback with a few FaceTime lessons every now and then. Got out yesterday for nine at Mountain Vista and shot even. Hit more than a couple laser irons pasted on the flag. I'm pumped for the season. Just went to the CGA website and Fort Collins City Golf Courses website to calendar a bunch of tournaments I'd like to play in. CGA entries open up tomorrow. Definitely circling Aug. 18- CGA and USGA Mid-Am qualifier at Common Ground. After I qualified last year (did I mention it was with an eagle on 18 at Buffalo Run??? I was one of the last groups and was following the leaderboard and cut line on Golf Genius and knew I needed eagle to make it and I pulled it off... probably the coolest sporting moment of my life) and then played two decent rounds at City Park with the best mid-am golfers in the State (the guy who won was a former European Tour winner (not just player, winner), I am so hooked on these elite am tournaments. Casual golf just doesn't get me going like that, so everything is prep for those big qualifiers and tournaments. Can't wait!

Congrats again on the eagle to make it. As you said, there's no better feeling in golf than pulling off the impossible when you need to under real pressure.

The cut was pretty low. Usually something around +5 will make it. Top 30 get exemptions for next year. At even I bet your buddy finished in the mid 20's place wise. The scores were LOW last year. I shot -2 and was still only T16. The competition in this state is getting really tough, especially for a cold weather state. I do think playing City Park had something to do with it though. When I first started playing CGA tournaments about 6-7 years ago you had a shot if you were around even in the weekend events.

It's good to hear other people getting pumped about competitive golf. Like you said, there is something about it that can't be replicated.

I feel like I should give an FYI on the CGA tournaments and the differences between their CGA Championships (the majors) and the "Points/Other Events." There are pros and cons to both. Obviously the CGA Championships have the stiffest competition and also reward the most CGA points. The downside is the payouts SUUUUUCK for them. For example: I finished T3 in the Four-ball last year and took home a staggering $165, which was less than my entry fee. I have a close friend finish 3rd in the Western Chapter a few years ago and I think he got $225. As far as the "Points/Other Events" goes, they can be thought of as the typical tournament weekends, 36 holes at courses all over the state. Since they are 36 holes, no time off required and their payouts are WAY better than the CGA ones. You still get CGA points, but not as many. Personally, since I'm not trying to be a pro, I'll take the big payouts and no days off work. I still play the championships and especially the USGA qualifiers, but I like the weekend events better overall. Keep your eyes peeled on that page on the CGA site too, usually the list is between 20-30 events. They are slacking so far this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Joelness said:

Hrm...... best bunkers in that strip are likely Walnut Creek or Legacy Ridge.  Those two courses are always in great shape. Try Walnut first as their practice area is much better than the postage stamp at Legacy. The best practice area (and it's not close) is Eagle Trace, but typically their bunkers suck. I haven't been in years though so maybe they are better?

Legacy Ridge doesn't have a practice bunker any more. Walnut's is the best along 36 but those are two deep ones to a raised green. For something more even with the green surface, Eagle Trace does have that nice little chipping and sand practice area but yeah condition wise it's a crapshoot. They add more sand after a number of years or so and if you catch it after that it can be good. Others more even with the putting surface are Coal Creek, Indian Peaks and Broadlands. Broadlands has the ability to hit long shots out onto the range from the bunker if you want to practice that.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Dancin said:

Legacy Ridge doesn't have a practice bunker any more. Walnut's is the best along 36 but those are two deep ones to a raised green. For something more even with the green surface, Eagle Trace does have that nice little chipping and sand practice area but yeah condition wise it's a crapshoot. They add more sand after a number of years or so and if you catch it after that it can be good. Others more even with the putting surface are Coal Creek, Indian Peaks and Broadlands. Broadlands has the ability to hit long shots out onto the range from the bunker if you want to practice that.

Coal Creek might be the stop. They got a good chunk of federal money from the fire so they are probably the most likely to have added/replaced sand recently. Broadlands does have that nice bunker on the range to practice fairway bunkers at least. It's a bit off 36 and if you go, just hit out of the bunker, it will be better than the completely destroyed range area.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Joelness said:

Congrats again on the eagle to make it. As you said, there's no better feeling in golf than pulling off the impossible when you need to under real pressure.

The cut was pretty low. Usually something around +5 will make it. Top 30 get exemptions for next year. At even I bet your buddy finished in the mid 20's place wise. The scores were LOW last year. I shot -2 and was still only T16. The competition in this state is getting really tough, especially for a cold weather state. I do think playing City Park had something to do with it though. When I first started playing CGA tournaments about 6-7 years ago you had a shot if you were around even in the weekend events.

It's good to hear other people getting pumped about competitive golf. Like you said, there is something about it that can't be replicated.

I feel like I should give an FYI on the CGA tournaments and the differences between their CGA Championships (the majors) and the "Points/Other Events." There are pros and cons to both. Obviously the CGA Championships have the stiffest competition and also reward the most CGA points. The downside is the payouts SUUUUUCK for them. For example: I finished T3 in the Four-ball last year and took home a staggering $165, which was less than my entry fee. I have a close friend finish 3rd in the Western Chapter a few years ago and I think he got $225. As far as the "Points/Other Events" goes, they can be thought of as the typical tournament weekends, 36 holes at courses all over the state. Since they are 36 holes, no time off required and their payouts are WAY better than the CGA ones. You still get CGA points, but not as many. Personally, since I'm not trying to be a pro, I'll take the big payouts and no days off work. I still play the championships and especially the USGA qualifiers, but I like the weekend events better overall. Keep your eyes peeled on that page on the CGA site too, usually the list is between 20-30 events. They are slacking so far this year.

Hey Joel- appreciate the kind words and info. As a recent transplant from Wyo to Colorado, I feel like I'm still trying to figure out the golf scene here. There are just so many leagues and groups and events and courses... it's hard to keep it all straight, but it's obviously an awesome problem to have. In Wyo, I'd say the only events I really looked forward to were the WSGA events, and there were only two or three a year I really wanted to play in. In CO it seems like you could play in a cool tournament every week of the season if you wanted to. I think my limit is probably three or four full weekend tournaments a year, so my hope is that those are the CGA Mid-Am and Am and my goal is one day to qualify for the USGA Mid-Am. I may do some of those CGA "Points/Other events" locally, like the Collindale Invitational (that had an awesome field last year... I think someone shot 65 or 66 out there, which is impressive) and Southridge Invitational. I get more excited about the competition and the status of the CGA "Majors", despite the poor payout, than the "Points/Other Events" with higher payout. If I won the CGA Mid-Am I wouldn't care if they didn't give me a dime! Then of course there is the Fort Collins City Championship and the Collindale Club Championship.... The list goes on! What a cool vibrant golf scene we have in CO! Hope to play with you this year and the others on here. Where do you play most of your golf?

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

6 minutes ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

Hey Joel- appreciate the kind words and info. As a recent transplant from Wyo to Colorado, I feel like I'm still trying to figure out the golf scene here. There are just so many leagues and groups and events and courses... it's hard to keep it all straight, but it's obviously an awesome problem to have. In Wyo, I'd say the only events I really looked forward to were the WSGA events, and there were only two or three a year I really wanted to play in. In CO it seems like you could play in a cool tournament every week of the season if you wanted to. I think my limit is probably three or four full weekend tournaments a year, so my hope is that those are the CGA Mid-Am and Am and my goal is one day to qualify for the USGA Mid-Am. I may do some of those CGA "Points/Other events" locally, like the Collindale Invitational (that had an awesome field last year... I think someone shot 65 or 66 out there, which is impressive) and Southridge Invitational. I get more excited about the competition and the status of the CGA "Majors", despite the poor payout, than the "Points/Other Events" with higher payout. If I won the CGA Mid-Am I wouldn't care if they didn't give me a dime! Then of course there is the Fort Collins City Championship and the Collindale Club Championship.... The list goes on! What a cool vibrant golf scene we have in CO! Hope to play with you this year and the others on here. Where do you play most of your golf?

Yeah there's a big golf scene. Ironically one of my favorite events every year is the Wyoming Open. It's a weird, funky track but for some reason I just love it. My tournament buddies usually form a group of 5-8 and go every year. Yeah, between CGA and local mens league it can get pretty golf-filled if you let it. I don't have any kids and my wife plays so she lets me get away with 2-3 weekends a month playing tournaments. The Collindale Invite is one of the best, always an awesome field. Actually, Brad Rowe shot 63 and my buddy Erik Hogan shot 64. Golf being what it is and at Collindale neither of them won, going backwards badly in the final round. The winner (DJ) shot -1 overall to win it for the fourth time or something. Since you live up north try to play in the Highland Hills one too, it's always great.

I know what you mean, the majors are still the majors and I still play in them for that reason. Gotta beat those D1 college kids!

I live in Longmont and I'm a member at the Fox Hill Club. It's another Frank Hummel parkland track (Collindale and Highland Hills are both Hummels.) I also bought a house on the course last year so I end up jumping my fence and walking on after work just about every day. The course is finally opening today for the first time since Dec 27th. *cough cough* I better tell my boss I'm sick.

On 2/24/2022 at 8:35 AM, pseudoswede said:

Sorry to hear you're hanging 'em up. I'm guessing you also can't take up axe throwing as a new hobby. 🙂 

Please post deets on the wedges.

thanks! lol i can probably throw axes left-handed until that shoulder decides to go out 😜

i plan to get pics up today. have been procrastinating because it really feels like the end of an era. some things are tough to accept.

On 2/24/2022 at 8:47 AM, bobbyclampett!! said:

This like seriously broke my heart. I am so sorry, hosel! If it's any more cathartic, please feel free to share here about what happened with your shoulder and what led to your decision. If not, I totally understand that, too.

I wish you the best on your journey to find new hobbies!

thanks for your support and your empathy, @bobbyclampett!!, very much appreciated.

i used to lift very heavy as a kid and probably threw about a million baseballs. it looks like i suffered some injuries as a kid that never got better, so my shoulder was like a ticking time bomb.

i have extensive labral tearing (posterior, basically from 12 o'clock to 6:30), moderate arthritis, paralabral cysts, frayed biceps tendon which would need to be snipped reattached, and some other stuff. lol

the cartilage damage is irreparable, the procedure to "fix" the biceps tendon comes with some risks (e.g. popeye deformity), and there's no guarantee surgery will alleviate pain. it already hurts all the time and i don't want to go through an intensive 6-month recovery process if my shoulder is still going to hurt all the time just so i can play mediocre golf 🙂 and my surgeon is 100% positive that if i push it, i'll need a full shoulder replacement in 10 years. i've only ever really had one gear, so me not pushing it is a big ask lol

thank goodness we live in CO. i've been on more hikes the last few months than i've been on in the past few years. we're really blessed to live in such a gorgeous place with an abundance of outdoor activities. not being able to play golf has been heartbreaking and left me with a really big void, but between time in the mountains and the support and love of friends and family, i think i'm doing OK now 🙂 

• Like 2

On 2/24/2022 at 1:27 PM, CDM said:

Sorry to hear that..! I feel for you..!!  Nothing they can do to fix it??  I will say the AXE throwing comment by @pseudoswede did make me laugh though...

Asking as a good friend who is / jokingly was a scratch golfer had his entire right shoulder done late November. It has been a b*tch for him. like  He can barely move his shoulder still.  He is crossing his fingers he will be able to play by late May/early June but as of late he is not hopeful.   

Last year at the end of June I had some odd happen that took the doctors until 2 weeks ago figure it out. Took 8 months...!    I was lucky though I could still play, though It took 2-3 months after it happen to be able to swing somewhat normal or should say turn through the ball.  I am seeing a neck surgeon today at 4pm to discuss options and potential Disc replacement in my kneck.......  The joys of stupid things we did when younger  🤣   

The joys of stupid things we did when younger  🤣 

oh man, ain't this the truth! i would love to smack the person who popularized the "no pain, no gain" motto lol

neck surgery is scary stuff. hopefully this is a fairly straightforward procedure for you??!

here's the analogy the doctor gave to me: let's say every shoulder has 100,000 miles on it. at half my life expectancy i've already put 75,000 miles on it, and it's in really bad shape.

because of the type of injury it will be physically impossible to get back to 100%. i might be able to get back to 75% or 80%, for a time, but it's pretty much all downhill from there...

but if i can stay healthy (and alive) long enough, who knows, maybe scientists will figure out how to regrow cartilage in the shoulder??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hoselpalooza said:

The joys of stupid things we did when younger  🤣 

oh man, ain't this the truth! i would love to smack the person who popularized the "no pain, no gain" motto lol

neck surgery is scary stuff. hopefully this is a fairly straightforward procedure for you??!

here's the analogy the doctor gave to me: let's say every shoulder has 100,000 miles on it. at half my life expectancy i've already put 75,000 miles on it, and it's in really bad shape.

because of the type of injury it will be physically impossible to get back to 100%. i might be able to get back to 75% or 80%, for a time, but it's pretty much all downhill from there...

but if i can stay healthy (and alive) long enough, who knows, maybe scientists will figure out how to regrow cartilage in the shoulder??

It's so crazy to me we don't have a good solution for arthritis. So many people suffer from bone on bone pain when the cartilege goes. I've never tried, but just intuitively it seems like this would be an easier fix than a lot of other things science has figured out. Hang in there- a treatment may come soon!

Can you just get a full shoulder replacement now and be back to 100%? Not sure how shoulder replacements work, but my mom has had both her hips replaced and my golf coach had both his knees replaced and they both said they feel no pain and they feel great and they just wish they had done it earlier. I'm sure you've already explored that, but I just throw that out there, especially if it's almost a certainty you'll have to do it at some point...

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

2 hours ago, Dancin said:

ha. Took a look at the CGA spring auction and there's some craziness going on. Most of them are over the value and someone has insanely bid $1000 for a foursome at black bear or blackstone

That is Joel....using your CC of course and not inviting you to play either 🤣  JK

Soooo I just noticed my GHIN did not renew? I had it set to as it did last year.... did they change something?  I just took care of it but wondering? 

7 hours ago, Joelness said:

Yeah there's a big golf scene. Ironically one of my favorite events every year is the Wyoming Open. It's a weird, funky track but for some reason I just love it. My tournament buddies usually form a group of 5-8 and go every year. Yeah, between CGA and local mens league it can get pretty golf-filled if you let it. I don't have any kids and my wife plays so she lets me get away with 2-3 weekends a month playing tournaments. The Collindale Invite is one of the best, always an awesome field. Actually, Brad Rowe shot 63 and my buddy Erik Hogan shot 64. Golf being what it is and at Collindale neither of them won, going backwards badly in the final round. The winner (DJ) shot -1 overall to win it for the fourth time or something. Since you live up north try to play in the Highland Hills one too, it's always great.

I know what you mean, the majors are still the majors and I still play in them for that reason. Gotta beat those D1 college kids!

I live in Longmont and I'm a member at the Fox Hill Club. It's another Frank Hummel parkland track (Collindale and Highland Hills are both Hummels.) I also bought a house on the course last year so I end up jumping my fence and walking on after work just about every day. The course is finally opening today for the first time since Dec 27th. *cough cough* I better tell my boss I'm sick.

Airport course? A pair of brothers from our area (both sniffed the tours) used to play in it regularly. I think between them they have at least a couple of wins. The course seems so simple, but one of them told me they  get those little tiny, inverted saucer greens crazy fast. 

Erik Hogan was the guy we played in our last match in the winter skins, such a fun guy to play with….and just watch. 

Kind of glad I didn’t venture out to a new course after barely touching a club for a couple of months. Looked like someone who just started. 😥

I do hope I’m around for the Highland Hills open this year.  

Dean Snell sent out a note to customers telling them the urethane makers are starting to limit allocation due to supply chain issues. It will hit the smaller ball makers first but he thinks it may affect the big manufacturers this year too. You may want to stock up on balls if your supply is low especially if you see any deals

1 hour ago, Dancin said:

Dean Snell sent out a note to customers telling them the urethane makers are starting to limit allocation due to supply chain issues. It will hit the smaller ball makers first but he thinks it may affect the big manufacturers this year too. You may want to stock up on balls if your supply is low especially if you see any deals

Thanks for the heads up, Dancin. I stocked up a little bit (didn't hoard) last fall when I couldn't find any ProV1s anywhere and people were talking supply chain shortages. I have 4 dozen right now. Not sure how long that will last. Any more than that and I start to feel like I'm hoarding... But I may need 6 dozen to get through the year...

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

On 3/15/2022 at 10:36 AM, Joelness said:

Ahhh, the Wyoming Open. I grew up playing the Airport (from Cheyenne). I have played in it a couple times. It's like a big homecoming/reunion for all the guys I grew up with in the golf industry (I worked at the Cheyenne Country Club from 1995-2000, from ages 14-19). They always put so much pressure on themselves and then play so bad. A kid I got beat by in the WSGA Match Play in the semi-finals went on to win it as an amateur. John Murdock III. You're right, there's somehting cool about it. It's a regular muni track, short, nothing special about it, but people seem to love that event. I love it. I just hesitate to play in it because most rounds push up against 6 hours with all that waiting on the many driveable par 4s...

That's right, it was 63 and 64 in the Collindale Invite! I knew it was crazy low, but I couldn't even imagine it was that low. My goal is to break 70 out there from the black tees some day. I can't imagine someone shooting 63, unless they were just hitting their driver as straight as an arrow. Those fairways are so narrow (23 yards seems to be the average) and missing the fairway by a foot can mean a punch out). Well done. It is equally difficult for me to fathom someone shooting 63 one day and 78 the next. Ahhh, golf.

Good for you your wife plays and you can play so many tournaments. My wife definitely does NOT play (and doesn't really understand golf) and so 2-3 tournaments a year would lead to a pretty icy home life! I have to use my allotted tournament time wisely. 

Longmont seems like a nice golf town. Love Ute Creek! Have never played Fox Hill, but hopefully we can play together this year!

Edited by bobbyclampett!!
typo
  • Like 1

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1