2022 Callaway Rogue ST drivers (in-hand photos)

GolfWRX

23 hours ago, Forged4life said:

Rahms rogue has a great sound 

Agreed!

To be honest I have the Max LS and had no intentions of a new driver. It’s long, forgiving and consistent but loud!

This new Rogue sounds incredible and I love the dull, dark coloured crown.

I am definitely considering a move to this One!

Rox

• Like 1

2023 in the Bag!

Rogue Max Ls 9°/HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 6.5 70<br  />TSi2 15°/Aldila Green 75X<br/>Epic Flash 21°/Tour Green 75X<br/>Maltby TS1-iM 4-6 iron Modus 115X<br/>

Honma 747V/DG120-S400 7-PW<br/>Jaws 50°, 54° & 58°/DG Tour Issue S400<br/>Scotty Cameron 5.5M<br />Callaway Chrome Soft and
Sun Moutain C130/ClicGear Rovic cart with Alphard E-Wheels V2

Backups:

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB/DG120 S400 Tour Issue 5-PW

They’ve definitely tweaked the sound or else Rahm had his hot-melted or something. Sounded great even on TV. The matte finish is another plus IMO. Quite a duel for two days between Rahm and winner Cam Smith. 

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

3 minutes ago, dmeeksDC said:

They’ve definitely tweaked the sound or else Rahm had his hot-melted or something. Sounded great even on TV. The matte finish is another plus IMO. Quite a duel for two days between Rahm and winner Cam Smith. 

Sound is definitely better. The Rogue ST TD LS is super muted and solid. It’s awesome!

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 9:53 PM, KJD777 said:

Sound is definitely better. The Rogue ST TD LS is super muted and solid. It’s awesome!

I hit the Rogue ST TD LS last weekend and can confirm the sound/feel is amazing.  Its also anti-left and I saw a big difference on that front vs. my Epic Speed.  Very intrigued, just a little worried about the 450cc.  

23 hours ago, Sleeky_D said:

Also wondering if anyone here has had the chance to compare these two yet 

Still waiting unless someone has found a review from the last few days 

• Like 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

53 minutes ago, Davethegolfer said:

2nd Swing just posted a great comparison video of the LS v Stealth. Who needs carbon twistface after all

The LS is going to be a homerun Club this season for people looking for neutral bias 

the TD is a little much for someone like me who doesn't strike the middle of the face enough

• Like 2

On 1/9/2022 at 10:48 PM, dmeeksDC said:

The sound of the previous triple diamond was the same as the Rogue Triple.  Both extremely muted

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

1 hour ago, Vlade15 said:

TXG just did a video comparing the TD LS to the Max LS.  Ian was only swinging at 110 mph and he was getting close to 300 carry with 2300-2500 spin.

Do those numbers seem...off...to anyone else?  Even with high efficiency, 295 yards of carry swinging that slow seems way too high to me.

The hole he was hitting on seemed to have an elevated tee box which would explain the numbers.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

1 hour ago, J13 said:

The hole he was hitting on seemed to have an elevated tee box which would explain the numbers.

This is my Home course, and you're correct.  It's a huge down hill par 5 so the carry is huge.  That being said the hole then turns uphill so you get little to no roll out in reality.  So normally you get about 20 yards extra carry to your usual numbers. 

Looks like he is at the more forward tees as well because Phil Mickelson doesn't even land that far up on the upslope.

I had the chance to test the my local club pro’s Rogue ST Triple Diamond yesterday. It was a 9° head which isn't ideal for me but I couldn't resist the chance to hit the club. I put my Pro White 1K 60S, Diamana BF 60S and TB 70S into the head. It is a great looking head! Launch was great, spin was bordering on too low but man oh man, what a club! My Speed TD is now nervous. I’m wondering if a ST TD LS in 10.5° will bring spin up enough to be more playable but without causing mishits to over spin. The spin difference between my 10.5° true loft head in -1/N was only 250 rpm so I can see the 10.5° LS TD being darn close. I'm thinking the ST Max LS may be the sweet spot or even the ST Max 9° turned down a degree or two to take the left side out. Oddly enough, my best combo was ST TD with TB 70S. What really impressed me was how good the dispersion was when struck all around the face and how easily the ball launched. The fitting head should be in next week so I'll be going full bore asap.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

I think people are sleeping on the Rogue.  2nd swing did their video and the Rogue was only 1 yard behind the Stealth +.  Now TM had a couple that were farther but the dispersion and also the misses vs good hits were way off compared to the Callaway.  It was in such a nice tight grouping.  When you are hitting it that far a couple yards more in distance is not worth the wayward drives he had compared to being in the middle or fairway. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

7 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

I think people are sleeping on the Rogue…  Now TM had a couple that were farther but the dispersion and also the misses vs good hits were way off compared to the Callaway.

The print I’ve been reading makes no secret Taylormade has opted for speed over MOI. And a lot of the early head to head comparisons are going in favor of the Stealth in terms of ball speed. Not by significant amounts but it’s there. Combine that with a flashy red face and great marketing and the Stealth is going to crush the Rogue ST at retail. As much as we all want to believe we’re logical creatures we’re not. If we were logical marketing departments would look a lot different or wouldn’t exist at all. Stealth will surely catch the eye of anyone wanting a new driver this year and probably many others who didn’t even know they wanted a new driver this year. 

I don’t just want but need a new driver this season. I like my current shaft and it already has a Callaway tip on it. Because of this the logical decision, especially since the Stealth even in best case scenario wouldn’t be significantly longer, is to stick with Callaway. But the flash and excitement around the Stealth is making me waver. If I go that way it would be 100% because I want the joy, no matter how fleeting it is, of being the kid on the block with the toy everyone else wants to play with.

Even though I’m wavering, at this time I am still more likely to stick with Callaway. It’s the brand of driver I’ve played with for the last 5 years and I expect the adjustment to an updated model will easy. But, should I ultimately get the Rogue ST, I will surely have a bit of envy for a few weeks when I see folks at the course getting super excited over the Stealth. The main thing keeping me in the Callaway camp right now is I know all this emotion is only fleeting. I’ll stick with what I know and be an adult about any irrational regrets I have early on. If I stick with Callaway now should they launch a bright green or any other flashy colored carbon face in the next few years I’ll surely give in to the illogical side and buy another new driver just to be that kid even if even if there’s no significant performance advantage. 

1 hour ago, GolfCsty said:

The print I’ve been reading makes no secret Taylormade has opted for speed over MOI. And a lot of the early head to head comparisons are going in favor of the Stealth in terms of ball speed. Not by significant amounts but it’s there. Combine that with a flashy red face and great marketing and the Stealth is going to crush the Rogue ST at retail. As much as we all want to believe we’re logical creatures we’re not. If we were logical marketing departments would look a lot different or wouldn’t exist at all. Stealth will surely catch the eye of anyone wanting a new driver this year and probably many others who didn’t even know they wanted a new driver this year. 

I don’t just want but need a new driver this season. I like my current shaft and it already has a Callaway tip on it. Because of this the logical decision, especially since the Stealth even in best case scenario wouldn’t be significantly longer, is to stick with Callaway. But the flash and excitement around the Stealth is making me waver. If I go that way it would be 100% because I want the joy, no matter how fleeting it is, of being the kid on the block with the toy everyone else wants to play with.

Even though I’m wavering, at this time I am still more likely to stick with Callaway. It’s the brand of driver I’ve played with for the last 5 years and I expect the adjustment to an updated model will easy. But, should I ultimately get the Rogue ST, I will surely have a bit of envy for a few weeks when I see folks at the course getting super excited over the Stealth. The main thing keeping me in the Callaway camp right now is I know all this emotion is only fleeting. I’ll stick with what I know and be an adult about any irrational regrets I have early on. If I stick with Callaway now should they launch a bright green or any other flashy colored carbon face in the next few years I’ll surely give in to the illogical side and buy another new driver just to be that kid even if even if there’s no significant performance advantage. 

"Taylormade has opted for speed over MOI"

100% not true. The stealth and stealth+ are both better in forgiveness than sim. They are about the same as sim2 but with lower spin than sim2 models were (not hugely lower spin, but slightly). 

Where stealth will shine is off center strikes. It is their most consistent driver in ballspeed and spin across the face. 

idk about the rogue. Haven't seen it or hit it. It will perform. I almost put mavrik sz in the bag over sim. Had Callaway done something for high toe strikes not going 20 yds left then I would have. Callaway makes good product. Their release cycles are weird. But their stuff is good. 

But TM didn't sacrifice moi. Had Thomas moved the stealth slider weight to side then those left shots would have straightened out. He also noted that the kai'li shaft felt looser. That's more of why dispersion was what it was.

Edited by getitdaily

I have a Cally Mav SZ and it is great...not leaving my Winter bag.

Might be interested in the Cally Rogue ST models.....BUT I also want some FW clubs and the Cally bonded FW are a big oversight...can't change shafts, lofts, depending upon needs winter/summer.

TM wins on that and so Stealth it is!

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

40 minutes ago, BirdieBob said:

I have a Cally Mav SZ and it is great...

Building off my post above… If I were truly logical I’d get the MAVRIK at a huge discount. It would still be an upgrade over my old head and Rogue ST is not going to drastically beat MAVRIK in any category if at all. But I am willing to at least give in to the desire to have the shiniest (although not shiny) and newest of the Callaways. 

Can anyone comment if the face depth is noticeably different in the max vs max LS?

I can’t tell from the photos I have seen. I like a deeper face but not sure if I want give up more forgiveness….thanks

Callaway epic 9.0
Cobra bio cell 3/4
Ping G 19 degree hybrid
Ping ie1 4-AW modus 105
Callaway MD3 54/58 wedges
Cleveland HB soft 11 putter 35

looks like a beauty, wonder how it fares with the epic max LS 

Callaway Epic Max LS Ventus TR Blue 6x

Titleist Tsi2 3 Wood Tensei Raw White 75 S

Mizuno HMB 2 Iron Tour AD DI-95 Hybrid S

Mizuno 921 Forged 4-P DG S300

SM6 50, Project X Rifle 6.0

SM8 54, DG S200 Wedge Flex

SM7 58, DG S200 Wedge Flex

Bettinardi STUDIO STOCK 28 ARMLOCK PUTTER 41"

I am an admitted Callaway ho (see sig) but the Speed TD is doing all I can ask, but I will be 1st in line for the Rogue pro irons.

But all that said if I get a chance to hit it outside and it wows me, I retain the right to change my mind and continue the quest for the best...

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX Pro / CB  4-11 PX IO 5.5 

Callaway full toe 54* PX IO  6.5

Callaway full toe 58* PX IO 6.5

SLED # 1  35.5

Anyone else watch the TXG vid yet with Max LS vs TD? Interesting comment in there that they’ve observed higher spin from the TD than from the Max LS. That’s opposite of the marketing and what’s expected. They even discuss the option of changing the front weight on the TD to get the CG more forward and achieve the expected performance characteristics. Of course their experience with these drivers is still quite limited too so who knows if these observations will continue to bear out in the long run.

Callaway is claiming the TD is the lowest spin with a mid launch and Max LS a low spin with the lowest launch. Would the higher launch of the TD offset the lowest spin claim and vice versa for the Max LS? I’m not sure what physics trade-offs there are between launch and spin but it wouldn’t shock me if this is another one of the many intertwined engineering decisions (I.e. you can’t increase launch angle w/o increasing spin with all else being equal). Just like you can’t change loft and lie, all else being equal, w/o affecting left/right flight bias. 

In the category of things we should expect they’ve observed more left to right bias in the TD.

They did use a 9 degree head for the TD and a 10.5 degree head for the Max LS so this entire head to head comparison needs to be taken with a grain of salt. 

Edited by GolfCsty

22 hours ago, getitdaily said:

“"Taylormade has opted for speed over MOI"

100% not true.”

I can’t personally speak to what is physically factual. I spoke to what I’ve read and observed. None of these debates will ever be settled until someone puts driver head to head with same shaft and specs on a robot. I’m actually surprised that doesn’t happen more often but I suppose time with the robots is expensive. 

I will quote the reading although I don’t know if I can put the source in due to forum rules. I’ve tried to mention their name in the past only to be denied the post. It rhymes with “I golf why?” In the whole of the article they don’t bash on the Stealth in any way shape or form. I actually think they speak of it quite favorably. It’s one of the articles that has me waving ever so slightly in my decision to stick with Callaway this year.  

“Taking the good with the bad, MOI (a conventional measure of forgiveness) is down relative to SIM2 (it’s closer to the original SIM). More relevant is the reality that TaylorMade has never pushed the USGA’s MOI limits and has never shown any particular interest in doing so. In recent years, it has positioned itself as a mid-MOI company and if that has worked out well for you, it’s almost certainly not worth sweating a couple of hundred MOI points either way…

…You can expect the standard Taylormade Stealth to launch higher than the Stealth Plus and spin about 200 to 300 rpm more. It’s a bit more forgiving as well though, as noted, you shouldn’t harbor any illusions about extreme forgiveness. TaylorMade will put the playability of the Stealth up against anything but understand it’s not designed to go toe to toe in an MOI battle with the “MAX” drivers on the market…

…There’s invariably a tradeoff between high MOI and peak ball speed and TaylorMade is always going to favor the latter.”

In favor of TM and the new face they do say “In the real world, TaylorMade believes that, even without bumping up MOI, its carbon-fiber faces will yield consistent ball speeds across the face that will rival anything on the market.”

4 minutes ago, GolfCsty said:

I can’t personally speak to what is physically factual. I spoke to what I’ve read and observed. None of these debates will ever be settled until someone puts driver head to head with same shaft and specs on a robot. I’m actually surprised that doesn’t happen more often but I suppose time with the robots is expensive. 

I will quote the reading although I don’t know if I can put the source in due to forum rules. I’ve tried to mention their name in the past only to be denied the post. It rhymes with “I golf why?” In the whole of the article they don’t bash on the Stealth in any way shape or form. I actually think they speak of it quite favorably. It’s one of the articles that has me waving ever so slightly in my decision to stick with Callaway this year.  

“Taking the good with the bad, MOI (a conventional measure of forgiveness) is down relative to SIM2 (it’s closer to the original SIM). More relevant is the reality that TaylorMade has never pushed the USGA’s MOI limits and has never shown any particular interest in doing so. In recent years, it has positioned itself as a mid-MOI company and if that has worked out well for you, it’s almost certainly not worth sweating a couple of hundred MOI points either way…

…You can expect the standard Taylormade Stealth to launch higher than the Stealth Plus and spin about 200 to 300 rpm more. It’s a bit more forgiving as well though, as noted, you shouldn’t harbor any illusions about extreme forgiveness. TaylorMade will put the playability of the Stealth up against anything but understand it’s not designed to go toe to toe in an MOI battle with the “MAX” drivers on the market…

…There’s invariably a tradeoff between high MOI and peak ball speed and TaylorMade is always going to favor the latter.”

In favor of TM and the new face they do say “In the real world, TaylorMade believes that, even without bumping up MOI, its carbon-fiber faces will yield consistent ball speeds across the face that will rival anything on the market.”

Good post. 

I wish whygolfwhy would post the moi numbers. I 100% agree that TM hasn't ever produced a driver that will go toe to toe with the ping max. But without actual numbers people are left to interpret on their own...but if the moi values are just a few hundred points then hairs are being split. 

I have not hit the new rogues. I never put a ball on last year's line (epic flash? Epic speed? What is it?). I'm sure they perform.  But you have to like Callaway head shapes to play them, imo. Same with the ts2/tsi2 models. Those heads were hideous looking.

The comment from the other site about same ballspeed across the face has been true in my testing; indoors and on course. In today's world of drivers, you really can't go wrong. I just happen to be a TM guy because of the shape, performance, and ease in testing my gamer shaft in new heads.

• Like 1

I can't believe how poorly that Rogue ST launch has been executed by Callaway. They are getting smoked by TM and even Cobra on the marketing and hype side.

Rogue ST seems like a really good product, perhaps the best driver, but man, the marketing and roll-out folks at Callaway need to get some constructive performance reviews this year

• Thanks 1

I’m going to keep an open mind. Hitting Stealth and Rogue ST at the end of the month. 

Looking around the web, TM definitely produced a lot more buzz, but is it better? Seems like the Callaway Rogue ST is performing very well vs the Stealth in early video reviews. It does not look like the poly-coated carbon TM face is a tech breakthrough in distance or dispersion vs Callaway’s Flash Face. Just watched reviews by James Robinson and The Average Golfer. Andy at TAG said both might be the best drivers ever produced, but he much preferred the Callaway. (I am curious whether that red face coating on the TM is destined to peel.)

The one that goes straighter with the greatest consistency is the one I’ll go with. They all go far.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

• Like 1

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Yea no doubt, I'm not saying at all the Rogue ST isnt worth testing or is a worse product - the opposite - i think the marketing blunders don't help such a good product.

Michael Newton hit the Stealth and the ST Max, numbers are super close. Interesting to see the Rogue launching a tad lower for him.

Rogue ST Max:

image.jpeg.ffac20623063781fedc526c6d1ae3f5a.jpeg

Stealth (non Plus)

image.jpeg.f8c90311ef393e94019ce5e54e4ef376.jpeg