2022 Callaway Rogue ST drivers (in-hand photos)

GolfWRX

I’m thinking about ordering the Max LS at 45-44.5” so in theory Callaway would install a heavier rear tungsten cartridge so I would get the smaller footprint of the LS but closer to the MOI of the MAX.  Thats assuming Callaway would adjust for the swingweight of the shorter than standard build?

Driver:  Cobra Darkspeed LS 9* Tour 2.0 Black 65X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 14* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 5-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

18 hours ago, ssfranny said:

FYI callaway is going to be doing their 150% trade in deal again this year I believe starting next week.

Could you tell us how reliable this information is?  With today being the pre-order date on the new Rogue ST Line, the 50% bonus would amount to $275 for me if I wait for the trade in deal.  I could lose out on availability but I don't feel their will be a huge run on orders today(maybe certain lofts).

Thanks in advance for your response.

3 hours ago, jblough99 said:

The no up charge option is the non-Velocore version that Taylormade had in the SIM Max line.  If you scroll down in the list you will see the real Velocore options have (Velocore) in the description.

Excited to see they have the new Velocore TR listed as an option.

I wonder exactly7 which shaft it is, the picture shows a ventus tr and it also says speeder tr so not exactly sure what it is!!  Just an observation that I had.  thanks

Rogue ST ls 9 Ventus Blue tr stiff
Callaway Mavrik 15 Oban Kiyoshi White 65 Stiff
In search of Hybrid
Callaway apex 21 apex pro combo set 4-aw  $ taper stiff
Vokey SM8 52, 56, 60Tour V stiff
King Agera

It has been a while since I ordered a driver off of Callaway's website...didn't there used to be an option in which you can choose how much you would like the driver tipped? I do not see that option anywhere. Could someone correct me if I am wrong and if so...how do you go about getting your new Callaway driver tipped by the factory? Thanks

2 hours ago, Gareth said:

Well the majority of reports/reviews I have seen suggest that the MAX does have a closed face angle and whilst agree there is some subjectivity to it I personally would not entertain any Driver (or fairway) with the possibility of a closed face angle at address as my own miss is a hook.

And here in the UK getting see a selection of actual clubs before a pre-order is really not easy at all......so if you want to commit now for an order you do have to rely on the reviews and any findings from fellow Golf WRX members.

Or you buy them all, and sell the ones that you don’t like! 😍😍😍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, wayward_points said:

It has been a while since I ordered a driver off of Callaway's website...didn't there used to be an option in which you can choose how much you would like the driver tipped? I do not see that option anywhere. Could someone correct me if I am wrong and if so...how do you go about getting your new Callaway driver tipped by the factory? Thanks

I haven't seen that as an option for at least the last couple of years.

I'd wager your only option is to give them a call and order over the phone.

• Like 3

Titleist TSR3 8* Ventus TR Red 
Titleist TSR3 16.5* Evenflow T1100

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titleist T350 4 T200 5 T150 6-9 Accra iSeries 125

Titleist Vokey SM9 46*F (@45) / 50*F / 56*D (@55*) / 60*M DG TI X100
SC Super Select Squareback 2

The trade in value of an Epic Max LS is solid.  May actually pull the trigger on Rogue Max Ls and go with the RDX red for fun.  Total was 300 before tax.  Not bad Callaway!

• Like 1

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

37" Odyssey 2-Ball 10 Tour W/Superstroke Zenergy Tour 13"

Chrome Tour X 

1 hour ago, wayward_points said:

I think you are talking about the Titleist site 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jblough99 said:

I’m thinking about ordering the Max LS at 45-44.5” so in theory Callaway would install a heavier rear tungsten cartridge so I would get the smaller footprint of the LS but closer to the MOI of the MAX.  Thats assuming Callaway would adjust for the swingweight of the shorter than standard build?

Callaway puts in a shaft weight to adjust swing weight. They rarely adjust the weights in the head.  At least was true for Epic, Epic Flash and Maverick lines.

Titleist TS3 10.5 Kuro Kage DC 70 TX
Titleist TS2 3 Wood Evenflow 85
Titleist 818 H2 19* Tensei White
Titleist 718 AP3 KBS S Taper S+ 4 iron
Titleist 718 CB KBS S Taper S+ 5-9
Vokey Hand Ground by the Man himself 46F, 50F, 54K, 60V
Scotty Cameron Toolbox 009

I figured I'd ask, even though I'm quite sure of the answer, but does Callaway Canada have the same trade-in program?  I suspect not, but would be happy to be 100% wrong

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

3 hours ago, Brooks_Cupcake said:

Or you buy them all, and sell the ones that you don’t like! 😍😍😍

I like your thinking here.......🤩

• Like 3
Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max 10.5 Driver/MCA Kai'Li Blue 60 Stiff
Titleist TSR2+ 13.0 degree 3 wood/MCA Tensei Pro White Boron 70 Stiff
Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15.0 degree (@ 17) 3 wood/MCA Tensei Pro White Boron 70 Stiff
Ping G430 22.0 degree 4 hybrid/MCA Kai’Li White HY 80 Stiff
Taylormade P790 2021 5-PW irons/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)

Taylormade MG3 50 degree SB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)

Taylormade MG3 54 degree HB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)
Taylormade MG3 58 degree LB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)
Odyssey White Hot OG 7 Bird 34” putter/Stroke Lab double bend shaft
Taylormade TP5x/Titleist Pro V1x ball

Vessel/Cobra Tour bag 2022

4 hours ago, Rob Demo said:

Could you tell us how reliable this information is?  With today being the pre-order date on the new Rogue ST Line, the 50% bonus would amount to $275 for me if I wait for the trade in deal.  I could lose out on availability but I don't feel their will be a huge run on orders today(maybe certain lofts).

Thanks in advance for your response.

I would wait and get your discount.  I don’t think these will be on immediate back order like some other new releases. 

Take this for what it's worth re: availability because I did not hear the comment first-hand, but it did come from a trusted source...

I know nothing about shipping and containers (but like many others, have come to understand the topic more with supply chain issues), but apparently there is a provision that allows freighters to dump containers into the ocean if necessary to avoid capsizing. And this past six months, the Pacific has been the roughest on record since the 1920s. Any way, the source said that Callaway had a container or two dumped that contained 40,000 drivers. I have no idea how many new drivers Callaway sells in a given year/product cycle, but that seems like a lot. 

The containers that are dumped are covered by shipping insurance, but that doesn't replace the product in the short term. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, TheMoneyShot said:

I would wait and get your discount.  I don’t think these will be on immediate back order like some other new releases. 

Agreed, but I did place an order today for my must haves and held back on a few fairway woods to cover the full discount (if offered).  There are already some delayed ship times on certain lofts for the Rogue ST Max and Max D fairways with very insignificant changes that are considered custom options.  Will try to remain patient but don't want to be last in line when the run out of heads or shafts.  Thanks for the input.

5 hours ago, callofthewild said:

Take this for what it's worth re: availability because I did not hear the comment first-hand, but it did come from a trusted source...

I know nothing about shipping and containers (but like many others, have come to understand the topic more with supply chain issues), but apparently there is a provision that allows freighters to dump containers into the ocean if necessary to avoid capsizing. And this past six months, the Pacific has been the roughest on record since the 1920s. Any way, the source said that Callaway had a container or two dumped that contained 40,000 drivers. I have no idea how many new drivers Callaway sells in a given year/product cycle, but that seems like a lot. 

The containers that are dumped are covered by shipping insurance, but that doesn't replace the product in the short term. 

lol....no

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + CQ6 / MVRKTC 15° + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

Also I asked this and didnt get a response but...Is there no 'Speed' aka 'regular' head this year on the rogue lineup? They seem like all elongated 'max' heads?

Edited by third-times-a-charm

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + CQ6 / MVRKTC 15° + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

51 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Also I asked this and didnt get a response but...Is there no 'Speed' aka 'regular' head this year on the rogue lineup? They seem like all elongated 'max' heads?

The head shape closest to the Speed is the Triple Diamond LS. 

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

12 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

But much less forgiving...

Depends on your miss. My miss is low middle and TD LS is excellent. 

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

12 hours ago, wayward_points said:

In the Note section at the very end, write that you want:  Hard Tip Trim - (amount you want tipped- 0.5”, 1.0”, etc)

Titleist TsR3 10* w/Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s

Callaway Epic Flash sz 15* /Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7s

Titleist Tsi2 hybrid 18* /GD Tour AD IZ 85x

Titleist T-100s 4-GW /PX Lz 6.0

Titleist SM9 54-12d, 60-10s /PX Lz 6.0

Bettinardi BBzero

15 hours ago, wayward_points said:

Likely easier to order from an Authorised Callaway Dealer, in the Callaway Connect online ordering tool accounts have access to there is an option for trimming and/or hard/soft step.

The dealer just needs to order the options that you want, or the “Old fashioned’ alternative is that they can call their local Callaway Sales Manager and have them process the order with the tip trim specs that you wish for.

I really liked the fairways this time around.  The LS was really good, really solid.  But I absolutely smashed the Max and Max D.  That means I'll probably buy a couple... anyone know about the Heavenwoods?  Why go that way instead of a regular 5 wood?  I'm kind of sick of hybrids, so might as well, eh?

2 hours ago, JNewsted said:

I really liked the fairways this time around.  The LS was really good, really solid.  But I absolutely smashed the Max and Max D.  That means I'll probably buy a couple... anyone know about the Heavenwoods?  Why go that way instead of a regular 5 wood?  I'm kind of sick of hybrids, so might as well, eh?

I have a Rogue Heavenwood and love it. It seems so easy to pure it. Something about the combination of loft and head weight is just perfect. 

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

4 hours ago, me05501 said:

I have a Rogue Heavenwood and love it. It seems so easy to pure it. Something about the combination of loft and head weight is just perfect. 

How would you describe any differences from a normal 5 wood?  Seems like loft is only one degree different.  Maybe slightly different head volume too?

49 minutes ago, JNewsted said:

How would you describe any differences from a normal 5 wood?  Seems like loft is only one degree different.  Maybe slightly different head volume too?

The main thing is it’s on a three wood shaft. I assume the head is weighted appropriately. You’ll get about the same distance as a five wood with a softer landing trajectory. Looking down and seeing some loft on the club inspires confidence. 

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

I was able to hit the new Triple ♦️♦️♦️  Yesterday against the Stealth Plus and LtdX…take it all with a grain of salt as I haven’t really swung a club in almost 2 months and am going in for a scope on my right knee this coming week.

My thoughts on address position of the 3….head shape (size and shape) goes to the Callaway. The Cobra is a very close second, really wanted to see the Cobra Ls but they didn’t have it yet. Last in looks is def the stealth plus.  
Sound/feel again this is another close one. I liked the feel of the Triple ♦️ Best, but Cobra was a close second. Stealth to me was just so different feeling and sounding I don’t think I could ever get along with it, and I worry about the face after just looking at the demo head and face. 
Distance and dispersion All 3 were within 5 yds of each other and dispersion circles were all very similar. Forgiveness wise, to me it felt like Cobra was leading the pack followed by Cally then Tm but those two were interchangeable. 
I don’t have spin numbers or any of that as it was a quick 30 min trial with me and my son swapping out and just hitting. Below were the shafts and all heads were 9’. 
Callaway, Rdx Black

Cobra, Rdx Blue 

Tm, Rdx Red

In talking with the GG employee he said the Triple ♦️ Is what he just ordered for himself but he’s also really eyeing the Cobra LS as he’s hit it and had great numbers with it. 

Either way, at this point all the new drivers are really good just have to see which one you like the look/feel/sound of and then get the right shaft for you and your swing. 

29109B54-CC1E-490C-93A7-E39E38B996BD.jpeg

• Like 3

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (11.5d) - UST Lin-Q M40X Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - UST Lin-Q M40X Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Project X Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Aldila Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO MP 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - KBS Hi Rev 2.0 

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

On 1/21/2022 at 9:20 AM, wayward_points said:

When placing order you will see a note section when going through checkout.  If you put your tip trimming instructions there you will see when your order updates to "processing" they will add a field showing the tipping requested.  I use the notes since I order shorter than standard everything and I request stock swingweight in notes so they add weight to the head.

On 1/21/2022 at 11:05 AM, brushie said:

Callaway puts in a shaft weight to adjust swing weight. They rarely adjust the weights in the head.  At least was true for Epic, Epic Flash and Maverick lines.

I ordered epic, rogue, epic flash, and mavirk all direct from Callaway all drivers -1" shorter than standard length.  All had weight added to head.  None had shaft weight ever.  Not sure where you are getting this info from.  

• Like 1