New Ping driver

17 minutes ago, Foreleft said:

No talk of a new driver.

they can’t deliver old drivers.

but they can get you in some new ie1’s from 2009.

Hey now they’re from 2015 and I bought a set of them haha.

my first pings. I quite like them actually. They have some character.

sometimes I worry about ping. The idea of a new driver release seems preposterous considering the state of their business

• Confused 2

Considering their engineering experience and focus, I'd love to see their take on a carbon crown and sole.

If they ever go down this route, you know they'll optimize the $hit out of it and make it a monster.

Would most likely improve sound from their G425 too.

• Like 1

CALLAWAY Epic Speed TD LS  |  AD GP Black 7S
TM SIM2 Ti  |  MotoreX F3 7S
PING G410 3H 4H  |  Tensei Blue 8TX

SRIXON ZX7 5-P  |  Modus3 105S
TITLEIST SM4  |  50F 54M 58S DG Spinner

PING Karsten TR B60  |  Custom Starshot

No, they typically run on a  2-year cycle.  They have some delivery issues right now because they don't build massive amounts of inventory.  Much of their stuff is still made to  order and they have been particularly affected by the grip/shaft backlogs.  Drivers, however, aren't affected by that much (I had a G425 within 10 days of order through MGS).  In all fairness, I ordered Tour, AV Raw Orange and Rogue white shafts all in X flex.  They apparently have those in Phoenix right now.  

I still think they are the best in the business at delivering what they promise.  They don't make crazy, false claims about distance gains.  They produce drivers that are plenty long but don't compromise on forgiveness.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Anser3 said:

No, they typically run on a  2-year cycle.  They have some delivery issues right now because they don't build massive amounts of inventory.  Much of their stuff is still made to  order and they have been particularly affected by the grip/shaft backlogs.  Drivers, however, aren't affected by that much (I had a G425 within 10 days of order through MGS).  In all fairness, I ordered Tour, AV Raw Orange and Rogue white shafts all in X flex.  They apparently have those in Phoenix right now.  

I still think they are the best in the business at delivering what they promise.  They don't make crazy, false claims about distance gains.  They produce drivers that are plenty long but don't compromise on forgiveness.

Wonder if their branded shafts are the backlog. Ping tour shaft is very underrated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anser3 said:

Prior to the g425 Ping’s driver release cycle was around 18 months. Challenges due to the pandemic likely caused the roughly 2 year gap between the g410 and g425. Given the circumstances I would not expect the next release until 2023.

• Like 1

g425 Is just too heavy and it added nothing to the g410 in my view 

they keep peeling spin off since the g400, which I also don't like alot - save that for the LST model 

need to lighten the SW of the new 430 or whatever it will be called - no-one can swing it fast enough except the big bombers 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Morry said:

they keep peeling spin off since the g400, which I also don't like alot - save that for the LST model 

need to lighten the SW of the new 430 or whatever it will be called - no-one can swing it fast enough except the big bombers 

If the 430 or whatever has a changeable weight, it's easy to lighten the SW.

I think the new Ping 425 is the Callaway Rogue ST Max... lol Modern tech, high MOI, high smash factor, high ball speeds

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Observer of Peeps, Wannabe Novelist

• Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5 (at 9)/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft
  • Honma TR21 Fwy 3, 5 wd
  •  Ping G425 20.5 Hy/TPT Golf  or Honma TR21 4H
  • Honma TW-X 5-PW/Mitsu MMT 85g or Mizuno HMB 5-PW Accra CWi95
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59/Nippon 105 
  • Artisan 0521 or 0321 Putter

13 minutes ago, SwingMan said:

If the 430 or whatever has a changeable weight, it's easy to lighten the SW.

I think the new Ping 425 is the Callaway Rogue ST Max... lol Modern tech, high MOI, high smash factor, high ball speeds

St Max is draw-biased though....which makes it a non-starter for me and many others 

maybe the Max ls is better

regardless, there is hardly Anyone who doesn't struggle to max clubhead speed with that 425 

most fitting videos mention It specifically 

they just went to far with weight as their means of maxing out MOI 

they need to check that back if they want to keep their rep 

that's my view

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Morry said:

Maybe good option also for those, who play their drivers at shorter length? When you go from 45 3/4" to something like 44" or 44 1/2", you need every bit of extra weight plus heavier adjustable weights to compensate...

Of course you can always add a ton of lead tape if that is your thing

1 minute ago, 4TheKing614 said:

I thought a i210 replacement ?

that's the i525.  i59 was i500 replacement.

EPIC FLASH SZ TI 8.5 // STEALTH + 9* (ON ORDER)

3W (SPOT OPEN)

MIZUNO CLK 16,19,22

CALLAWAY APEX TCB 4-AW MMT105TX// TITLEIST T200 UTILITY 3I, 4I TENSEI WHT 100G XS T100S 5-PW,48,50(BENT TO 52) MMT125TX

CALLAWAY MD5 52,56 MMT 105S // SM8 56/10S MMT 125TX

L.A.B. MEZZ.1 PROTO // SC SS SQUAREBACK // SC NEWPORT2 BLACK

6 minutes ago, 4TheKing614 said:

I59 was Iblade, I525 replaces I500

that's it. got confused.  hell they can't produce g710s right now so they suspended special orders.

EPIC FLASH SZ TI 8.5 // STEALTH + 9* (ON ORDER)

3W (SPOT OPEN)

MIZUNO CLK 16,19,22

CALLAWAY APEX TCB 4-AW MMT105TX// TITLEIST T200 UTILITY 3I, 4I TENSEI WHT 100G XS T100S 5-PW,48,50(BENT TO 52) MMT125TX

CALLAWAY MD5 52,56 MMT 105S // SM8 56/10S MMT 125TX

L.A.B. MEZZ.1 PROTO // SC SS SQUAREBACK // SC NEWPORT2 BLACK

I think the recipe and evolution of the G series driver has peaked (turbulators, high MOI, heavy head). Other than improved adjustability, not much has been added over G400. Their drivers work, but are starting to be a little boring. No reason to change what works, I suppose, but their driver recipe could use a revamp/refresh. Its just getting a little stale, IMO. 

Sim2 Max 9* Ventus Red 6x
Sim2 Max 3HL Tour AD HD 7s
Callaway UW 19* Trono 75s
PING G425 hybrid *22 Accra TZ5 95 m4
Titleist T100 5-P Modus 120x

SM8 50, 56F
Fourteen RM4 60H
Newport 2

1 hour ago, Morry said:

DRIVERS are TOO Heavy ....lol....everyone knows it 

Bet you all the next one lightens up ...using carbon of course...

You can make it as light or heavy as you want. The weights are readily available at Golfworks for $20 each. I have a whole bunch of them, I even run a couple light ones in the fade and draw positions at the same time. If you look at the pros setups on the Ping website you will see lots of different weight setups and swingweights.

• Like 1