Desert Mountain - Anyone ever been there?

BG5

I am curious if anyone has ever golfed at Desert Mountain and can share their experiences with that?  How were the courses?  Was conditioning fantastic?  Was the place packed?  How was the vibe....are people pretty friendly?

Ping K15 Driver - 10.5*
Ping K15 3 Wood 16* & 5 Wood 19*
Ping Karsten Hybrids 19* 22* 25*
Ping Karsten Irons 6-PW
Ping Karsten Wedges 51* 55*
Ping Scottsdale Greyhawk TR Putter
WITB Link

DM is amazing!  The courses are all usually in fantastic condition and the greens are some of the fastest and purest I've played.  You get 3-4 clubhouses, 6 courses plus a new short course I believe.  My favorite is Outlaw because its the only one with no homes around it.  Absolutely stunning views in every direction.  The only drawback with having so many clubhouses and courses is you lose having a central clubhouse/location where everyone congregates after their round to hang out and socialize.  Plus since you don't know which course you will be playing each day I see most members take their clubs with them in their cars.  That being said, it is an amazing place and pace of play is usually always quick.   The courses are very challenging- I believe the slope rating from the tips of each course approaches 147-150.  Every meal I've had there was great and the practice facilities are incredible as well.    

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 with Fuji Ventus Blue 6x 
Titleist TSi3 with Fuji Ventus Blue 8x
Adams Tour Issue Peanut 18* Hybrid with Matrix Code 8 
Miura MB101 (4-PW) with KBS Black $ Taper (130x)
Vokey SM8 Black Wedges- 50F, 54S, & 58D with KBS Black $ Taper 
Bettinardi Tour Issue BB0 Flow Prototype

9 minutes ago, pearls24 said:

DM is amazing!  The courses are all usually in fantastic condition and the greens are some of the fastest and purest I've played.  You get 3-4 clubhouses, 6 courses plus a new short course I believe.  My favorite is Outlaw because its the only one with no homes around it.  Absolutely stunning views in every direction.  The only drawback with having so many clubhouses and courses is you lose having a central clubhouse/location where everyone congregates after their round to hang out and socialize.  Plus since you don't know which course you will be playing each day I see most members take their clubs with them in their cars.  That being said, it is an amazing place and pace of play is usually always quick.   The courses are very challenging- I believe the slope rating from the tips of each course approaches 147-150.  Every meal I've had there was great and the practice facilities are incredible as well.    

Super to hear good current info about DM @pearls24!  

43 minutes ago, pearls24 said:

This is a very good summary. The major complaint, in addition to not having a central meeting spot, is the distance to Scottsdale/Phoenix. DM is not really close to anything which can be good or bad depending on what you are looking for.  

On 1/14/2022 at 2:58 PM, azgolfer44 said:

This is a very good summary. The major complaint, in addition to not having a central meeting spot, is the distance to Scottsdale/Phoenix. DM is not really close to anything which can be good or bad depending on what you are looking for.  

Yes, just inside the gates can take 20 min to get to the front gate if you are leaving depending on where you live.  :).

Just for clarification purposes- I haven't played DM in a few years but I have a couple of friends that live there.  I don't know anything about a lawsuit.  I'm just going by the 6-8 times I've played there and comments from the members I know.  I personally love the Paradise Valley area but there aren't as many great clubs there compared to North Scottsdale.  We've talked about moving to Scottsdale for many years.  I love it there.  

Titleist TSi3 with Fuji Ventus Blue 6x 
Titleist TSi3 with Fuji Ventus Blue 8x
Adams Tour Issue Peanut 18* Hybrid with Matrix Code 8 
Miura MB101 (4-PW) with KBS Black $ Taper (130x)
Vokey SM8 Black Wedges- 50F, 54S, & 58D with KBS Black $ Taper 
Bettinardi Tour Issue BB0 Flow Prototype