2022 Hilton Grand Vacations Tournament of Champions (Jan 20 - 23)

Argonne69

16 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

Scores are higher than in the past. The new course has some teeth. Now, will they move up the tees to bring the scores down? I wouldn't bet against it. 

Thankfully LAUGH BAG Beth Ann Nichols isn't on the LPGA course setup committee....we'd then set 3200 yard pitch & putt setups.

But I think Inbee would be in favor for Beth Ann to setup the courses.

We all know Inbee is a bunter....220 driving avg on the measuring holes yesterday.

Saso beat/smashed the ball yesterday.

Edited by KBong

OK...who has figured out what clubs Wie is playing .....what irons and putter Saso is using....what driver, FW & hybrids are in Lydia's bag.

I think Lydia's bag is absent of a large logo....Tina must be pounding the pavement in Carlsbad, Phoenix, Mass. and Japan.

WRX doesn't have the funds to send pga43's brother to LPGA events.

Edited by KBong

18 minutes ago, farmer said:

Watched a little, Morgan Pressel seems to have had some voice lessons.  Work to be done, but way better.

I've never had a issue with Pressel.

There must be "politics" involved how and when Pressel and Stupples get to be in the booth.

I got to believe there's more pre-game research & prep to work the booth vs. more ad lib when an on course announcer???

I've been in the booth 30 minutes before air time...a TON of paperwork on the desk in front of Judy and Terry G.

TV work is not easy...they all make it look so easy.

The info and discussion Chamblee was able to do on Golf Central right after Hideki won last week is incredible.

Let's not forget all the really quick turn around time on a TON of info that is done by the staff behind the scenes.

And let's not forget all the work done by all...in a short turn around timeframe of TV coverage when someone passes away.

e.g.) all the prep and TV coverage in a very short timeframe turn around when Tim Rosaforte passed away recently.

Edited by KBong

Saso seems to get mad & frustrated...I've never noticed it before.

I think a bit of temper is a good thing.

I'd like to see more club slams from the Koreans.

I'd LUV to see a club slam and a big yell of **** come from Dumbo....."spicy" women are hot.🤣

Later in her career we saw some club slams from Lorena.....she's such a class act and really missed on tour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, KBong said:

Saso seems to get mad & frustrated...I've never noticed it before.

I think a bit of temper is a good thing.

I'd like to see more club slams from the Koreans.

I'd LUV to see a club slam and a big yell of **** come from Dumbo....."spicy" women are hot.🤣

Later in her career we saw some club slams from Lorena.....she's such a class act and really missed on tour.

So you want the Korean version of Alfredson?

• Haha 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

1 hour ago, third-times-a-charm said:

So you want the Korean version of Alfredson?

I'm trying to think of a LPGA pro that has a really bad temper....like club breaks and tomahawks.

We've seen more than our fair share on the PGA tour.

The only club break I've seen is the wedge break from ECP (Brooke)...are there others?

How many autographs have the kids obtained?

Having the celebrities doesn't bother me as much as it used to. A few of them can actually play. 

Not sure how they could run this event without them. To fill the field with LPGA players only they'd have to include players with a win going back at least 5 years. Unfortunately many winners have elected to sit this one out, so the talent pool is that much shallower. 

I think the bigger problem is simply the fact that the LPGA coverage uses so few camera crews. We were treated to shots by only a handful of players today. With more cameras we'd see more shots by the pros, and fewer by the celebrities. 

• Like 3

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

20 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

I think the bigger problem is simply the fact that the LPGA coverage uses so few camera crews. We were treated to shots by only a handful of players today. With more cameras we'd see more shots by the pros, and fewer by the celebrities. 

I can't complain, as a Nelly Korda fan.  They haven't shown every and each of her shots like Tiger, but I've a total picture of what she's done today without any ambiguities.

Clearly, things are different now that LPGA has a new commissioner and the Golf Channel has a new executive producer.  We don't need to watch endless Michelle Wie West, Mardy Fish or Annika Sorenstam.

It's impossible to please everybody in broadcasting.  We'll never be totally satisfied with LPGA coverage just like we have never totally satisfied with coverage of PGA Tour.

Edited by 18majors
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, OgeecheeMac1 said:

I’m a die-hard LPGA fan. I truly despise the pro-am format. I have no desire to see nor hear about these athletes trying to play golf. It drives me nuts in the coverage. Likewise, blaring music during the round is a startling breach of standard accepted protocol for professional golf. It’s distracting on TV, too. It’s so dumbed down - for whom I do not know. Does anyone like all this intrusion into the elegant game?

I agree entirely.  The music is an abomination.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, KBong said:

OK...who has figured out what clubs Wie is playing .....what irons and putter Saso is using....what driver, FW & hybrids are in Lydia's bag.

I think Lydia's bag is absent of a large logo....Tina must be pounding the pavement in Carlsbad, Phoenix, Mass. and Japan.

WRX doesn't have the funds to send pga43's brother to LPGA events.

Lydia is starting to find out helicopter mom’s do not make good agents. If I was running a business and an athlete’s mom called, I would not be available. Right now endorsements are becoming harder and harder to get and I would want an agent that has a good working relationship with businesses that have a history of working with golfers. It will be money well spent.

• Haha 1

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

16 minutes ago, TM_HOYER said:

Lydia is starting to find out helicopter mom’s do not make good agents.

Don't tell me you believe in anything @KBongsaid about Tina and Lydia Ko!

As far as I know, Lydia has done pretty well in endorsements over the years; especially that 5 years, $15.0 million deal signed with PXG before 2017.  

30 minutes ago, 18majors said:

Don't tell me you believe in anything @KBongsaid about Tina and Lydia Ko!

As far as I know, Lydia has done pretty well in endorsements over the years; especially that 5 years, $15.0 million deal signed with PXG before 2017.  

There is no doubt Lydia has done well for herself. She has a lot endorsements primarily targeting the Korean market. And to be fair, there are a lot of former PXG endorsed golfers. I think PXG got what it wanted to initially flood the tours to get looked at as a top tier equipment manufacturer. I understand a parents need to protect their child, but for any pro golfer, you should not have a relative as an agent negotiating contracts.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

16 minutes ago, TM_HOYER said:

I understand a parents need to protect their child, but for any pro golfer, you should not have a relative as an agent negotiating contracts.

Lydia has professional agents; Brian Poe and Jay Burton at WME-IMG.  As you know, IMG owns LPGA tournaments in both Singapore and Thailand; it is one of the biggest agents for LPGA players.

Among the Ko family; Lydia's sister, Sura, is her primary interface with IMG.

Edited by 18majors
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, OgeecheeMac1 said:

I’m a die-hard LPGA fan. I truly despise the pro-am format. I have no desire to see nor hear about these athletes trying to play golf. It drives me nuts in the coverage. Likewise, blaring music during the round is a startling breach of standard accepted protocol for professional golf. It’s distracting on TV, too. It’s so dumbed down - for whom I do not know. Does anyone like all this intrusion into the elegant game?

I don’t love it either but it is what it is. It’s supposed to be a fun “party” event on purpose aka a full pro am not just a Wednesday.

the music is only played on 18 as the players walk up to the green and the DJ has a preference sheet on which players want it muted for their putting strokes and it’s turned off when they address the putt if they don’t want it.

there is always a huge grandstand and spectator area at 18 which enjoys the music and etc

• Like 3

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

2 hours ago, OgeecheeMac1 said:

Thank god, an explanation at last. Some of you speak in mystical nonsense talk. 

As a die hard LPGA fan...one might think you'd know who Tina is when mentioned in the same sentence or paragraph when Lydia is mentioned.

If I said BJ and Bo......many LPGA fans would know who I'm talking about.

Michelle and Lydia's parents have been publicly criticized via the media for overbearing parental interference of their daughter's golf career.

There have been articles about how Leadbetter and Gary Matthews (a fired loop of Lydia) discussed their frustration with the interference coming from Tina and Gil....Lydia's parents.

On the PGA tour.....Earl and Kultida need no introduction.

And a die hard PGA tour fan would generally know who Mike is if mentioned in the same sentence as Justin Thomas.

Oh ya....I won't deny some of my cryptic NONSENSE to get a laugh is only appreciated from a select few.

I also like the LPGA nicknames....but of the current regulars....only @Argonne69 and @tbowles411 likely entertain them...heck...Argonne had developed a nickname glossary that was either locked down or deleted.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, 18majors said:

Lydia has professional agents; Brian Poe and Jay Burton at WME-IMG.  As you know, IMG owns LPGA tournaments in both Singapore and Thailand; it is one of the biggest agents for LPGA players.

2021-player-agent-list_010821.pdf?la=en&

1 hour ago, TM_HOYER said:

Lydia is starting to find out helicopter mom’s do not make good agents. If I was running a business and an athlete’s mom called, I would not be available. Right now endorsements are becoming harder and harder to get and I would want an agent that has a good working relationship with businesses that have a history of working with golfers. It will be money well spent.

LOL

I think your sarcasm detection meter is not working....I assume you live in the US...so I'm not familiar with the US market...but if you live in Van City...I can recommend someone to have your sarcasm detection meter re-calibrated....just PM me.🤣

As explained above Brian & Jay are Lydia's agents.

Tina's real professional titles include:

Chief Fruit Cutter for Lydia's on course snacks

Chief Umbrella Holder on the practice green when the weather is hot & sunny.

44 minutes ago, Oh Hi Carl said:

I was so excited watching the coverage today when they showed a picture of Tina.  I jumped off the couch and shouted, "There's Tina!  I know her!"  

My wife just shook her head and walked away.  

I haven't watched my recording yet.

So did you see Tina from Lydia's Drive On Commercial or did the GC cameras ZOOM in on her.

Did the camera's ZOOM in on BJ today?.....I'm thinking BJ likely has driven up from Jupiter.

If you attend a LPGA event, Tina is approachable to chat with.

Unless things have changed, Gil's command of English isn't great.

Sura likes to stay under the radar.

LUV Tina!

33 minutes ago, 18majors said:

Yes.

But I believe Sura's main duty is to be Lydia's road manager....arranging things on the road....accommodation, travel, coordination of any interview requests, etc, etc.

Wie also had Jeehae Lee (prior LPGA pro & Top Golf staffer) and a blonde woman (I can't remember her name) as road manager under the IMG umbrella.

I chatted with Jeehae...seemed a bit snobby.

33 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

so the story of the day was getting Nelly to sign her wedges i now own. We bud just gotten dropped off at the clubhouse and not 2 minutes later Nelly walks up behind us from the range towards the putting green and I called her over. Spent a few minutes talking and signing these wedges. She confirmed they were hers and asked where I got them etc. she remarked that she played one of them on tour quite a bit before her vokeys and remembered the wear spot on it. Pretty cool!

BFE86DA0-42F0-4CA1-BC74-227A1939C88F.jpeg.4d4dc37e763c4f293cf03a9bff49d000.jpeg

Ya...I remember you making a WRX thread to ask members their opinion of authenticity???

I think you bought them off eBay???....obviously not from Nelly herself but from someone who somehow acquired the wedges.

Glad you had a nice time.